From the NYT. How to fight misinformation
Yak
2021-02-26 18:17:54 UTC
Don't go down the rabbit hole.
The NYT isn't fit for the bottom of a bird cage.
Ted
2021-02-26 18:26:19 UTC
Why don't you like the NYT?
Yak
My canary is a monetarist and doesn't like Paul Krugman.
Ted
2021-02-26 22:32:09 UTC
Post by Yak
Post by Ted
Post by Yak
Don't go down the rabbit hole.
The NYT isn't fit for the bottom of a bird
cage.
Why don't you like the NYT?
My canary is a monetarist and doesn't like
Paul Krugman.
Oh. Well I don't know much about art, so I
can't comment on that. But I read the NYT
because they're one of the few news outlets
that told us the truth about Trump.
BeamMeUpScotty
2021-02-26 19:48:32 UTC
Post by Yak
Don't go down the rabbit hole.
The NYT isn't fit for the bottom of a bird
cage.
Why don't you like the NYT?
What was their solution to fight mis/disinformation, and did it include
NOT reading the NYT and... isn't that a sort of catch-22?

If you read the NYT you're getting misinformation and so the only way to
NOT get it is to NOT read the misinformation of the NYT. Naturally
they're telling you that their posts are NOT misinformation which is in
and of itself more misinformation.
--
That's karma

Banning guns and de-funding police won't lower crime if you follow the
Democrats Rhetoric. *And their very own Democrat actions confirm* that
even *they believe they're lying* since they're doing the opposite *to*
*reduce any crimes "you" might commit against the Government* that they
control and apparently they *believe guns and fences and police* *will*
*protect* them from your crime and violence. So why won't those same
things protect you from crime and violence?
Ted
2021-02-26 22:44:38 UTC
On Fri, 26 Feb 2021 14:48:32 -0500, BeamMeUpScotty
Post by BeamMeUpScotty
Post by Ted
Post by Yak
Don't go down the rabbit hole.
The NYT isn't fit for the bottom of a bird
cage.
Why don't you like the NYT?
What was their solution to fight mis
disinformation, and did it include
NOT reading the NYT and... isn't that a sort
of catch-22?
If you read the NYT you're getting
misinformation and so the only way to
NOT get it is to NOT read the
misinformation of the NYT. Naturally
they're telling you that their posts are NOT
misinformation which is in
and of itself more misinformation.
The NYT is a reliable source for vetting info
you might find online. Particularly nowadays
when we're never sure where the white
supremacists will strike next. The
Capitol rioters were armed with assault
rifles and bombs and we don't know when
they'll get desperate enough to begin attacking schools and hospitals.
Yak
2021-02-27 13:08:30 UTC
On Fri, 26 Feb 2021 14:48:32 -0500, BeamMeUpScotty
Post by BeamMeUpScotty
Don't go down the rabbit hole.
Post by Yak
The NYT isn't fit for the bottom of a bird
cage.
Why don't you like the NYT?
What was their solution to fight mis
disinformation, and did it include
NOT reading the NYT and... isn't that a sort
of catch-22?
If you read the NYT you're getting
misinformation and so the only way to
NOT get it is to NOT read the
misinformation of the NYT.  Naturally
they're telling you that their posts are NOT
misinformation which is in
and of itself more misinformation.
The NYT is a reliable source for vetting info
you might find online.
Like its recent retraction of the Sicknick story? Or, its retraction of
the core of its podcast 'Caliphate' after a review found it ignored
flags that the man it relied on for its narrative couldn't be trusted to
tell the truth. How about how it helped a vindictive teen destroy a
classmate who uttered a racial slur when she was 15? Or, Bari
Weiss...does that name ring a bell?
Post by Ted
Particularly nowadays
when we're never sure where the white
supremacists will strike next. The Capitol rioters were armed with assault
rifles and bombs and we don't know when
they'll get desperate enough to begin attacking schools and hospitals.
Well, if you like biased writing that is being passed off as 'news,' the
nyt is your 'reliable source'.
Yak
2021-02-27 19:07:24 UTC
Post by BeamMeUpScotty
On Fri, 26 Feb 2021 14:48:32 -0500, BeamMeUpScotty >> If you read
the NYT you're getting
Post by Ted
The NYT is a reliable source for vetting
info
you might find online.
Like its recent retraction of the Sicknick
story? Or, its retraction of
Officer Sicknick, who was bludgeoned to
death and 217 other officers badly injured
while valiantly defending our legislators from being murdered by
insurrectionists armed
with assault rifles. Stop lying.
You didn't address the NYT walking back its original narrative.
Post by BeamMeUpScotty
the core of its podcast 'Caliphate' after a
review found it ignored flags that the man it relied on for its
narrative couldn't be trusted to tell the truth. How about how it
helped a
Uh huh, just as the genocide deniers are
claiming about Adrian Zenz, while we all
know what China is doing to the Uyghurs.
Post by BeamMeUpScotty
Just as the vindictive teen destroy a classmate who uttered a racial
slur when
Kids will be kids, so?
So??? So, how many papers do what the NYT did by outing a 'kid being a
kid'? And from years ago?
Post by BeamMeUpScotty
she was 15? Or, Bari Weiss...does that name ring a bell?
Yes, a Nazi racist who left the NYT to spread
Russian disinformation.
So, Weiss, a jew, is a nazi??? You really are clueless, aren't you?
Post by BeamMeUpScotty
Particularly nowadays
when we're never sure where the white
supremacists will strike next. The Capitol
rioters were armed with assault
rifles and bombs and we don't know
when
they'll get desperate enough to begin
attacking schools and hospitals.
Well, if you like biased writing that is being
passed off as 'news,' the nyt is your 'reliable source'.
A non sequitur because you can't refute
anything I said. How typical.
Exactly what I expected you to say in the face of your defense of the
indefensible.
Ted
They didn't.
NoBody
2021-02-28 16:48:14 UTC
On 2/26/2021 11:48 AM, #ReamMeUpTheAssSnotty, brain-damaged fucktard who rode
Post by BeamMeUpScotty
Post by Ted
Post by Yak
Don't go down the rabbit hole.
The NYT isn't fit for the bottom of a bird
cage.
Why don't you like the NYT?
What was their solution to fight mis/disinformation, and did it include
NOT reading the NYT and... isn't that a sort of catch-22?
If you read the NYT you're getting misinformation and so
No, if you read the New York Times — the Gold Standard — you're getting the real
news.

Ted
2021-02-26 22:34:03 UTC
Something told me this would
be an irony filled thread.
Heh. Hopefully I'll be able to troll a bit with it.
Siri Cruise
2021-02-26 23:28:37 UTC
Something told me this would
be an irony filled thread.
Heh. Hopefully I'll be able to troll a bit with it.
Why? Do you have irony poor blood?
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
2021-02-27 18:55:43 UTC
On Fri, 26 Feb 2021 12:03:41 -0800 (PST), JWS
Haha. Nah, I'm just a demented troll.
Viktor Tandofsky
2021-02-27 02:46:22 UTC
Don't go down the rabbit hole.
Critical thinking, as we’re taught to do it, isn’t helping in the
fight against misinformation.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/18/opinion/fake-news-media-attention.ht
ml
One good way to deal with misinformation is ignore Ted's posts.
Ted
2021-02-27 18:58:21 UTC
On Fri, 26 Feb 2021 18:46:22 -0800 (PST), Viktor Tandofsky
Post by Viktor Tandofsky
Don't go down the rabbit hole.
Critical thinking, as we’re taught to do it,
isn’t helping in the
fight against misinformation.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/1
/opinion/fake-news-media-attention.ht=
One good way to deal with misinformation
is ignore Ted's posts.
LOL. Says the christer Nazi who spews
nothing but lies.
Viktor Tandofsky
I'm not a Christian, you idiot.
hhya...@gmail.com
But you lied for them, post links to validate the bible lying stories...especially the useless stupid criminal Jesus who was killed by the Romans!!!!
Ted
Then you admit you're a Nazi.
Don Kresch
2021-02-27 02:57:30 UTC
Don't go down the rabbit hole.
Critical thinking, as we’re taught to do it, isn’t helping in the
fight against misinformation.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/18/opinion/fake-news-media-attention.ht
ml
Step 1: Stop believing everything the MSM spews.
Step 2: Get rid of your twitter and facebook account

That should do it.

Don
aa#51
o- DNRC
Jedi Slackmaster
Ted
That would go a long way, I agree.
NoBody
That is beyond funny that the NYT would talk about misinformation.
Don Kresch
2021-02-28 02:01:01 UTC
Don't go down the rabbit hole.
Critical thinking, as we?re taught to do it, isn?t helping in the
fight against misinformation.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/18/opinion/fake-news-media-attention.h
ml
That is beyond funny that the NYT would
talk about misinformation.
"Funny"? I would call it helpful advice, which
today, when we're barraged with Russian
propaganda and conspiracy theories, is
sorely needed.
Muh Russians! Muh Russians!