Where does faith in God come from?
Jahnu
2021-05-30 02:23:29 UTC
Faith in God comes from logic, reason and common sense. It’s only
reasonable to have faith in the indisputable intelligent design
observable in nature.

Faith in God is not mindless, blind faith, as in the case with faith
in evolution, it is faith based on empiric facts.

A desire to know God, however, will cause God to manifest Himself to
us.

"The Supreme Lord is not obtained by expert explanations, by vast
intelligence, or even by much hearing. He is obtained only by one whom
He Himself chooses. To such a person, He manifests His own form."
(Mundaka Upanisad 3.2.3)
John Locke
2021-05-30 05:43:50 UTC
Where does faith in God come from?
...ignorance, idiocy, brain damage, senility, insanity, childhood
brain washing, lack of common sense and/or drugs !

"There is not enough love and kindness in the world to give any of
it away to imaginary beings." - Friederich Nietzsche
Jahnu
2021-05-31 07:26:18 UTC
On Sat, 29 May 2021 22:43:50 -0700, John Locke
...Ah grew up in a society of ignorance, idiocy, brain damage, senility, insanity, childhood
brain washing, lack of common sense and/or drugs !
What spirituality adds to our lives is that it makes us human. Without
a spiritual dimension in life, we shall remain animals.

"Both animals and men share the activities of eating, sleeping, mating
and defending. But the special property of the humans is that they are
able to engage in spiritual life. Therefore without spiritual life,
humans are on the level of animals." -Hitopadesa

The first step in spiritual knowledge is to understand the difference
between the self and the body and its culture, and then connect our
spiritual selves, the soul, to the Supreme Self, God.

By engaging in spiritual practice we become happy in the self. Such
happiness of the soul is constant, because spiritual happiness is not
dependent of any situation of the or mind. The body and mind belong to
God's external energy, matter. And the self belongs to God's internal
potency - spirit.

Spirit consists of eternity, knowledge and bliss, so God is the
totality of eternity, knowledge and bliss. The soul is a fragmental
spark of God, so all living entities consist of sat-chit-ananda.
Only because of being embodied do we suffer tribulations in the
material world.

To add spirituality to our lives, the recommended practice in the
present age of Kali, in fact, the only valid way to practice spiritual
life in Kaliyuga is by chanting God's holy names.

It's so easy and so sublime. It's not a matter of faith, it's an
empiric fact that by adding Krishna to one's life, one becomes a more
happy and satisfied person.

Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare
Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare

"This mantra, consisting of 16 words and 32 syllables, is the only
means against evil in the age of Kali. After searching through all the
Vedic literature, one cannot find a method of religion more sublime
for this age than the chanting of Hare Krishna."

--- Kali-santarana Upanishad
hhya...@gmail.com
2021-05-31 09:25:44 UTC
Post by Jahnu
Faith in God comes from logic, reason and common sense.
Really?
This from someone who has a broken head?????????????
Jahnu
2021-06-01 02:52:31 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Really?
This from someone who has a broken head?????????????
Don't you have some cadavers to eat?

God couldn’t care less whether you believe in Him or not. He certainly
won’t punish you for not believing in Him.

The only interest God has in you is that He wants to exchange love
with you, and for that to happen you must know who God is. That’s why
God in Bhagavad Gita invites us to know about Him.

Krishna says:

"My dear Arjuna, because you are never envious of Me, I shall impart
to you this most confidential knowledge and realization, knowing which
you shall be relieved of the miseries of material existence." (Bg.
9.1)

"This knowledge is the king of education, the most secret of all
secrets. It is the purest knowledge, and because it gives direct
perception of the self by realization, it is the perfection of
religion. It is everlasting, and it is joyfully performed." (Bg. 9.2)

The only one who brings you misfortune is yourself. As we act towards
other living entities, the miseries we inflict on other living
entities will result in bad karmic reactions. The law of karma
dictates that you suffer or enjoy according to your activities, life
after life.

Many people like to reject God because of all the bad things in the
world. They say, how could an almighty God allow all these bad things
to happen?

I have even heard of people who became atheists because of some
personal tragedy in their lives. They lament - Oh God, how could you
take my son away? How could you let Holocaust happen?

While they are lamenting in this way, do they ever stop to think, or
even care the least about someone in China or India losing their sons
and daughters?

Do they lament over the poor calves who are abducted from their
mothers and slaughtered every day in automated death-camps? In fact,
every second someone is dying on this planet. Do they complain about
that?

"In relation to the animals, all people are Nazis; for the animals, it
is an eternal Treblinka." ---Isaac Bashevis Singer (1902-1991)

The Upanishads tell us that God is transcendental to His material
creation. That He is transcendental means He has nothing personal to
do with the workings of material nature. He has arranged nature to
function in a certain way, and after that He doesn’t get involved.

But because He cares, He has issued a user manual to humanity - a
manual on how to operate nature - Bhagavad Gita.

So, as the saying goes - God helps those who help themselves. By
reading God’s manual on life, and acting according to its directions,
we shall find that life will treat us better.

In Bhagavad Gita, God tells us how nature works. He gives us
directions, following which we can live nicely. If, like we do today,
act whimsically treating nature and her inhabitants like shit, we must
be prepared to reap the consequences.

What most of us are reluctant to accept is that whatever good or bad
happens to us in life - it is of our own making. So rather than
blaming God, nature, or the universe for all the bad stuff, actually,
we have only ourselves to blame.

In the material world, nothing happens unfairly or unwarranted to
anyone. Everything is a result of karma - ie. peoples’ activities, and
the reactions to those activities.

When people suffer the reactions to their sinful activities, it’s a
really good thing. The material world is designed to give us the
reactions to our pious and sinful activities, and that is good.

So nobody has to wonder - how come an almighty and good God allows all
these tragedies to befall us? The fact is that God allows mother
Nature to give humanity the exact karmic reactions they deserve for
their evil activities.

When Nature punishes us for the pure hell we put other living entities
through, simply for our own selfish satisfaction. like we do when we
slaughter animals en masse simply to satisfy our taste buds, it’s a
good thing. It’s exactly like it’s meant to be. That’s how God has
designed it.

So next time somebody whines about how cruel the universe is to him,
we should take a look at the slices of a cadaver from a murdered cow
on his dinner-table, and we can know for certain - he gets exactly
what he deserves from the universe.

"As long as there are slaughter-houses, there will be battlefields. A
vegetarian diet is the acid test of humanitarian." -- Leo Tolstoy
hhya...@gmail.com
2021-06-02 00:51:50 UTC
Post by Jahnu
Post by ***@gmail.com
Really?
This from someone who has a broken head?????????????
Don't you have some cadavers to eat?
You seem to treat yourself as a cadaver....
Might well be!
Mitch Raemsch
It comes from Heaven.
Bob Duncan
2021-06-01 04:17:34 UTC
Post by Mitch Raemsch
It comes from Heaven.
Faith is a gift from God given to those he has chosen from before the
foundation of the world.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your
own doing; it is the gift of God." [Ephesians 2:8]

https://ask.ligonier.org/podcast-episodes/how-is-faith-a-gift
Mitch Raemsch
What is Heaven to you?
Bob Duncan
2021-06-01 06:33:30 UTC
Post by Mitch Raemsch
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by Mitch Raemsch
It comes from Heaven.
Faith is a gift from God given to those he has chosen from before
the foundation of the world.
"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not
your own doing; it is the gift of God." [Ephesians 2:8]
https://ask.ligonier.org/podcast-episodes/how-is-faith-a-gift
What is Heaven to you?
Heaven is what the Garden of Eden was before the Fall. Before Adam and
Eve realized they were naked.

What do you think Heaven will be like?
hhya...@gmail.com
Is it possible to decorate it with human imagination...like planting some pine trees and flower?
Bob Duncan
2021-06-02 01:20:39 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by Mitch Raemsch
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by Mitch Raemsch
It comes from Heaven.
Faith is a gift from God given to those he has chosen from
before the foundation of the world.
"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is
not your own doing; it is the gift of God." [Ephesians 2:8]
https://ask.ligonier.org/podcast-episodes/how-is-faith-a-gift
What is Heaven to you?
Heaven is what the Garden of Eden was before the Fall. Before Adam
and Eve realized they were naked.
What do you think Heaven will be like?
Is it possible to decorate it with human imagination...like planting
some pine trees and flower?
I know it's hard for you to imagine this, even in your wildest dreams,
but there would have been no need for that before the Fall. Everything
they needed would already be there. Besides, some Old Testament
scholars believe that every type of tree was already there in the Garden.
Yes, even pine trees.
hhya...@gmail.com
2021-06-03 09:26:31 UTC
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by ***@gmail.com
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by Mitch Raemsch
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by Mitch Raemsch
[...]
So, you are trying to live on imaginations?
How about having a few chicks with you every day, with your favorite beers instead?
Jahnu
2021-06-06 00:28:16 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
So, you are trying to live on imaginations?
Nope. I leave that over to you.
Post by ***@gmail.com
How about having a few chicks with you every day, with your favorite beers instead?
No thanks. I don't eat cadavers of murdered animals.

HOW TO WIN AN ARGUMENT WITH A MEAT EATER

The New York Times, Tuesday, June 20, 1989

The Hunger Argument

Number of people worldwide who will die of starvation this year: 60
million.

Number of people who could be adequately fed with the grain saved if
Americans reduced their intake of meat by 10 perc.: 60 million

Human beings in America: 243 million

Number of people who could be fed with grain and soybeans now eaten by
U.S. livestock: 1.3 billion

Percentage of corn grown in the U.S. eaten by people: 20

Percentage of corn grown in the U.S. eaten by livestock: 80

Percentage of oats grown in the U.S. eaten by livestock: 95

Percentage of protein waste by cycling grain through livestock: 99

How frequently a child starves to death: every 2 seconds

Pounds of potatoes that can be grown on an acre: 20.OOO

Pounds of beef produced on an acre: 165

Percentage of U.S. farmland devoted to beef production: 56

Pounds of grain and soybeans needed to produce a pound of beef: 16

The Environmental Argument

Cause of global warming: greenhouse effect

Primary cause of greenhouse effect: carbon dioxide emissions from
fossil fuels.

Fossil fuels needed to produce a meat-centered diet vs. a meat-free
diet: 50 times more

Percentage of U.S. topsoil lost to date: 75

Percentage of U.S. topsoil loss directly related to livestock raising:
85

Number of acres of U.S. forest cleared for cropland to produce
meat-centered diet: 260 million

Amount of meat U.S. imports annually from Costa Rica, El Salvador,
Guatemala, Honduras and Panama: 200 million pounds

Average per capita meat consumption in Costa Rica, El Salvador,
Guatemala, Honduras and Panama: less than eaten by average U.S.
housecat.

Area of tropical rainforest consumed in every 1/4 pound hamburger: 55
sq.ft.

Current rate of species extinction due to destruction of tropical
rainforests for meat grazing and other uses: 1.000 per year

The Cancer Argument

Increased risk of breast cancer for women who eat meat 4 times a week
vs. less than once a week: 4 times

For women who eat eggs daily vs. less than once a week: 3 times

Increased risk of fatal ovarian cancer for women who eat eggs 3 or
more times a week vs. less than once a week: 3 times

Increased risk of fatal prostate cancer for men who eat meat daily vs.
sparingly or not at all: 3.6 times

The Natural Resources Argument

Use of more than half of all water used for all purposes in the U.S.:
livestock portion.

Amount of water used in production of the average steer: sufficient to
float a destroyer.

Gallons to produce a pound of wheat: 25

Gallons to produce a pound of meat: 2.500

Cost of common hamburger if water used by meat industry was not
subsidized by the U.S. taxpayer: 35 dollars a pound

Current cost of pound of protein from beefsteak, if water was no
longer subsidized: 89 dollars

Years the world's known oil reserves would last if every human ate a
meat-centered diet: 13

Years they would last if human beings no longer ate meat: 260

Barrels of oil imported into U.S. daily: 6.8 million

Percentage of fossil fuel returned as food energy by most efficient
factory farming of meat: 34.5

Percentage returned from least efficient plant food: 32.8

Percentage of raw materials consumed by U.S. to produce present
meat-centered diet: 33

The Cholesterol Argument

Number of U.S. medical schools: 125

Number requiring a course in nutrition: 30

Nutrition training received by average U.S. physician during four
years in medical school: 25 hours

Most common cause of death in U.S.: heart attack

How frequently a heart attack kills in U.S.: every 45 seconds

Average U.S. man's risk of death from heart attack: 50 perc.

Risk for average U.S. man who avoids the meat-centered diet: 15 perc.

Meat industry claims you should not be concerned about your blood
cholesterol if it is: normal

Your risk of dying of a disease caused by clogged arteries if your
blood cholesterol is ?normal?: over 50 perc.

The Antibiotic Argument

Percentage of U.S. antibiotics fed to livestock: 55

Percentage of staphylococci infections resistant to penicillin in
1960: 13

Percentage resistant in 1988: 91

Response of European Economic Community to routine feeding of
antibiotics to livestock: ban

Response of U.S. meat and pharmaceutical industries to routine feeding
of antibiotics to livestock: full and complete support

The Pesticide Argument

Percentage of pesticide residues in the U.S. diet supplied by grains:
1

Percentage of pesticide residues in the U.S. diet supplied by fruits:
4

Percentage of pesticide residues in the U.S. diet suppl. by dairy
products: 23

Percentage of pesticide residues in the U.S. diet supplied by meat: 55

Pesticide contamination of breast milk from meat-eating mothers vs.
non meat-eating: 35 times higher

What USDA tells us: meat is inspected

Percentage of slaughtered animals inspected for residues of toxin
chemicals including dioxin and DDT: less than 0.00004

The Ethical Argument

Number of animals killed for meat per hour in U.S.: 500.000

Occupation with highest turnover rate in U.S.: slaughterhouse worker

Occupation with highest rate of on-the-job injury in
U.S:slaughterhouse worker

Cost to render animal unconscious with captive bolt pistol before
slaughter.: 1 cent

Reason given by meat industry for non using that pistol: too expensive

The Survival Argument

Athlete to win Ironman Triathlon more than twice: Dave Scott (6 time
winner) Food choices of Dave Scott: Vegetarian

Largest meat eater than ever lived: Tyrannosaurus Rex

Last sighting of Tyrannosaurus Rex: 100.000.000 B.C.

Famous vegetarians:
-------------------------------
Candice Bergen, David Bowie, Paul Mc Cartney, Darryl Hannah, Janet
Jackson, k.d.lang, Sting

'I am a great eater of beef, and I believe that does harm to my wit.'
--William Shakespeare "Twelfth Night," Act I, Scene 3
hhya...@gmail.com
2021-06-06 01:22:31 UTC
Post by Jahnu
Post by ***@gmail.com
So, you are trying to live on imaginations?
Nope. I leave that over to you.
Then why do you stupidly believe in a pixie which is non-existent?
Post by Jahnu
Post by ***@gmail.com
How about having a few chicks with you every day, with your favorite beers instead?
No thanks. I don't eat cadavers of murdered animals.
We human even raise chickens and other animals for meat, just the same as early human hunting animals for food!!!!
The animals on the other hand either eat other living things or plants/fruits for survival...
Natural survival is a cycle and you cannot break the loop!!!!!!
Jahnu
2021-06-07 04:05:53 UTC
bitch moan whine
You don't find God. God finds you. God is in the hearts of all living
entities, and as soon as He sees a genuine desire develop in the heart
of a person to know Him, God will manifest Himself. IOW, God reserves
the right to not manifest Himself to the foolish and unintelligent.

God can only be found by someone to whom God shows Himself.
Those people who say - I see no evidence of God - God will stay away
from such persons. He will cover Himself by His yoga-maya.

The difference between between yoga-maya and maha-maya is that
yoga-maya is God's internal potency that covers Himself. Maha-maya is
God's external potency -His illusory potency, which covers the living
entities in ignorance.

Krishna says:

I am never manifest to the foolish and unintelligent. For them I am
covered by My internal potency, and therefore they do not know that I
am unborn and infallible. (Bg 7.25)

(Mundaka Upanisad 3.2.3)
Michelle Malkin
2021-06-07 06:10:50 UTC
Post by Jahnu
bitch moan whine
You always were repetitious.
Post by Jahnu
You don't find God. God finds you.
How long does it have to search? Shouldn't it know where we are?

God is in the hearts of all living entities,

Doesn't give it much room, does it? Does it have to break itself up
into tiny pieces?

Post by Jahnu
of a person to know Him, God will manifest Himself.
How? As what?

IOW, God reserves
Post by Jahnu
the right to not manifest Himself to the foolish and unintelligent.
No wonder you always quote stuff written by other humans.
You are foolish and unintelligent.
Post by Jahnu
God can only be found by someone to whom God shows Himself.
And, you can prove this how? It's obvious that you aren't one of
the lucky ones.
Post by Jahnu
Those people who say - I see no evidence of God - God will stay away
from such persons. He will cover Himself by His yoga-maya.
You mean, rather than help people to 'see' it, it hides? Hide and Seek
must be a popular game in India.
Sounds like your godthing has stagefright.
Jahnu
2021-06-08 03:16:51 UTC
On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 23:10:50 -0700 (PDT), Michelle Malkin
Post by Michelle Malkin
Doesn't give it much room, does it? Does it have to break itself up
into tiny pieces?
Seriously, Blondie?

The best proof of God, in my mind, is logic, reason and common sense.
Anyone with a brain can understand the world didn't create itself out
of a bunch of chemicals.

Obviously, nobody is an atheist due to lack of evidence of God. In
fact, the last thing an atheist wants, is proof of God. The whole
world is proof of an intelligent designer. One becomes an atheist when
one does not want God in his life, not because there is no proof of
God. It's as simple as that.

I mean, I can understand why someone would be against certain
religions. The theology of the Abrahamic religions, for instance, is
largely sectarian nonsense.

But to deny the obvious intelligent design observable in nature, to
actually suggest the world created itself out of a bunch of chemicals,
that's just plain dumb.

Of course, only God can prove who He is, but there is ample empiric
proof of His existence. The irreducible complexity of living organisms
is the logical proof of the Intelligent Design of nature. So ID is a
direct, observable fact of nature. Thus, the irreducible complexity in
a single cell, is the empirical proof of God.

Irreducible complexity is like a car engine, where all the parts of
the engine are interdependent in their functions. The cylinders
function only in combination with the pistons, the pistons function
only in connection with the spark plugs, the spark plugs depend on the
electric system for their function, and son on. All the components of
the engine work only in combination with each-other.

In other words, a car engine is only functional as a complete unit. If
one component fails, the whole engine fails. Hence the term
irreducible complexity. Irreducible Complexity disproves the idea of
evolution - that the world evolved naturally with no principle of a
guiding intelligence behind it.

IOW, the idea that abiogenesis and evolution, with no guiding
intelligence behind it, produced all the living species, is basically
an affront to a working intellect.

To say, like atheists do, that the universe created itself out of a
bunch of chemicals, is like saying that a Mercedes Benz created itself
without any creative intelligence behind it.

Professor Werner Gitt, who works in the field of information science
writes:

"There is no known natural law through which matter can give rise to
information, neither is there any physical process or material
phenomenon known that can do this. All languages, alphabets, and codes
that we know of, as well as the information spoken or written in them,
originated in minds. The blind faith of the atheist that the first
life was an exception to this fact is contrary to all known evidence."

(Werner Gitt, In the Beginning Was Information, 1997, p. 79)

In my mind, however, apart from the fact that the Intelligent Design
observable in nature is proof of God, and, say, if one's brain is not
equipped to handle logic and reason, the best proof of God is that you
become totally happy by adding Krishna to your life.

Someone may object - you also become happy by smoking some dope or
winning the lottery, or having sex, what's the difference? How is that
proof of God?

The thing about bodily or mental pleasures, though, is that they don't
make the soul happy. Connecting to Krishna makes the soul happy, and
contrary to sense-gratification, which always ends in misery and
leaves you frustrated, the happiness of the soul is a constant fact.
Not only does the happiness of the soul not end, it only increases
more and more. It's a deep and lasting bliss that is never interrupted
by suffering.

Sure, you may break a leg, your wife may leave you, your children may
think you're a complete loser, or you may be depressed due to lack of
money, but the deep satisfaction of Krishna consciousness, once
established, never leaves the heart. And that's the proof that Krishna
is God.

So, as the saying goes - the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Krishna says:

O learned Uddhava, those who fix their consciousness on Me, giving up
all material desires, share with Me a happiness that cannot possibly
be experienced by those engaged in sense gratification.

--Srimad Bhagavatam 11.14.12
Michelle Malkin
Can't you ever respond in a message in your own words. No. Figures.
Jahnu
2021-06-13 01:31:30 UTC
On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 16:02:09 -0700 (PDT), Michelle Malkin
Post by Michelle Malkin
Can't you ever respond in a message in your own words. No. Figures.
Why would I waste words on you, Blondie? You are obviously not
intelliget enough to understand anything beyond the MIckey Mouse snot
you grew up with.

Atheism is the belief that there are no gods. In other words, it is a
belief that cannot be verified. It is impossible to prove there is no
God. By definition, you cannot prove a negative. So atheism is a
totally blind belief, that cannot be verified. Who but a less
intelligent person would believe in something blindly?

On the other hand, a theist, at least theoretically, has the
possibility to have his faith in God verified. God, if He exists, can
certainly prove His own existence beyond doubt. So theists are
intellectually better situated than atheists because they believe in
something that has the possibility of verification.

Thus atheism is fundamentally an unintelligent assertion.
Now, some atheist might ask, if God can verify Himself, why doesn't He
do so to me? And here is the answer that God gives in the Bhagavad
Gita.

Krishna says:

I am never manifest to the foolish and unintelligent. For them I am
covered by My internal potency, and therefore they do not know that I
am unborn and infallible. (Bg. 7.25)

Somebody might think - this is unfair of God. But when you think about
it, it is actually not. It is rather benevolent of God. Atheism is
actually not a matter of evidence of this and proof of that. For
someone who has the eyes to see, this whole world is proof of an
intelligent, Supreme Designer. Obviously, nobody is an atheist out of
a lack of proof of God.

To be an atheist or a theist is simply a matter of choice. Atheism is
a choice you make when you don't want God in your life. It's as simple
as that. Most religions have no real good explanation for why somebody
would not want God in his life, but the Vedic version predicts this.

God is the Supreme Enjoyer, and the soul is meant for His enjoyment.
But if the soul wants to imitate God and become an independent
enjoyer, Krishna then gives the material world as the soul's field of
activity.

So all of us, whether we call ourselves Christians, atheists,
Buddhists, Muslims, liberals, democrats or whatever, are fallen souls,
who have fallen down into the material world to become enjoyers and
controllers. If we actually knew the truth - that Krishna is the only
enjoyer and controller - we wouldn't be able to live out the illusion
of being independent enjoyers and controllers.

So Krishna mercifully keeps the fallen souls in ignorance. It is out
of respect for the deluded soul's wishes, that Krishna stays away from
Him. When an atheist has a very strong conviction that there is no
God, it is Krishna who sits in his heart, and makes that conviction
strong.

Krishna says:

I am seated in everyone's heart, and from Me come remembrance,
knowledge and forgetfulness. By all the Vedas, I am to be known.
Indeed, I am the compiler of Vedanta, and I am the knower of the
Vedas. (Bg. 15.15)

So the only way a fallen soul will again see God, is by asking Him for
it. As long as the basic desire is there - to not have anything to do
with God, Krishna will stay far away from such a soul, and He will
offer oceans of good reasons to not believe in Him. So when atheists
ask for evidence and proof of God, it is merely obfuscation. There is
nothing that a die-hard atheist wants less than proof of God.

Anyone who wants to know God beyond doubt will certainly do whatever
is necessary to accomplish that. And the first thing one must do to
see God is give up one's atheistic mentality and develop a genuine
desire to know God. If you wish to know God, you'll follow the method
of how to access Him.

Krishna says:

Now hear, O son of Pritha, how by practicing yoga in full
consciousness of Me, with mind attached to Me, you can know Me in
full, free from doubt. (Bg. 7.1)
Michelle Malkin
Deleted a bunch of wasted words.
----------- A t h e i s t ------------
2021-06-19 18:22:47 UTC
Post by Jahnu
Atheism is the belief that there are no gods.
Because ya got no evidence of any god/God.

A Jesus and a Zeus have exactly same evidence, none.
--
There is no verifiable evidence of any god(s). None whatsoever.
A Jesus is as useful as a Zeus.
sycophant - an ass kisser of un-evidenced dictator god.
Michelle Malkin
2021-06-19 11:32:54 UTC
Post by Michelle Malkin
[...]
You only know that about yourself. You aren't a telepath.
Religious lack of proof deleted.
Michelle Malkin
2021-06-13 04:43:20 UTC
Post by Jahnu
God can only be found by someone to whom God shows Himself.
And, you can prove this how? It's obvious that you aren't one of
the lucky ones.
Wow! When did Jesper beome a Calvinist?
Post by Jahnu
The difference between between yoga-maya and maha-maya is that
yoga-maya is God's internal potency that covers Himself. Maha-maya is
God's external potency -His illusory potency, which covers the living
entities in ignorance.
Sounds like your godthing has stagefright. And, he is terrified of people
who can think for themselves
Jahnu
2021-06-14 03:59:59 UTC
On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 21:43:20 -0700 (PDT), Michelle Malkin
Post by Michelle Malkin
Wow! When did Jesper beome a Calvinist?
You really are dumb, aren't you, blondie?

Michelle Malkin
2021-06-14 06:24:14 UTC
Lots of Calvinists where you grew up.
Michelle Malkin
2021-06-16 03:43:51 UTC
Lots of Calvinists where you grew up in Denmark.
Michelle Malkin
2021-06-16 03:41:04 UTC
Post by Jahnu
The difference between between yoga-maya and maha-maya is that
yoga-maya is God's internal potency that covers Himself. Maha-maya is
God's external potency -His illusory potency, which covers the living
entities in ignorance.
Sounds like your godthing has stagefright. It causes ignorance because
it wants people to be ignorant of its own ignorance.
%
that would be an ignoramus thing to do
Michelle Malkin
Human created gods are like that.
Jahnu
2021-06-17 04:38:44 UTC
Post by Michelle Malkin
it wants people to be ignorant of its own ignorance.
To say that belief in God is no more than superstition is just
foolish. To suggest that humanity, since the beginning of time, has
been devoted to a superstition, is at best a baseless, unintelligent
assertion.

A common saying by atheists is that belief in God is no different than
believing in Santa Claus or the tooth fairy. Statements like that
clearly show the damage atheism does to the mind.

The most brilliant thinkers, philosophers, and scientists throughout
history have advocated beleif in God. Do you know of any intelligent
person or scientist who believes in the tooth fairy?

To think that likening Santa Claus to God is a valid comparison simply
exposes you as an unthinking, suggestible person. Another popular
pastime of atheists is to reject God on the basis of the Abrahamic
religions they grew up with.

That’s just another facet of ignorance, widespread in the modern
world. Who wouldn’t reject a God who could do no better than the Bible
or the Koran, or the Talmud, for that matter?

Here is what Krishna has to say about such people:

"Those miscreants who are grossly foolish, who are lowest among
mankind, whose knowledge is stolen by illusion, and who partake of the
atheistic nature of demons do not surrender unto Me." (Bg 7.15 )
----------- A t h e i s t ------------
2021-06-19 18:03:20 UTC
Post by Jahnu
To think that likening Santa Claus to God is a valid comparison
[fiction] Santa Claus and [fiction] God have same evidence: none.
--
There is no verifiable evidence of any god(s). None whatsoever.
A Jesus is as useful as a Zeus.
Extortion (Believe or Burn) is _THE_ foundation of Christianity.
sycophant - an ass kisser of un-evidenced dictator god.
Harry Krishna
2021-06-01 13:34:06 UTC
"Faith is believing in what you know ain't so" - Mark Twain
Jahnu
2021-06-01 23:28:07 UTC
On Tue, 01 Jun 2021 09:34:06 -0400, Harry Krishna
Post by Harry Krishna
"Faith is believing in what you know ain't so" - Mark Twain
"So far as I am able to judge, nothing has been left undone, either by
man or nature, to make India the most extraordinary country that the
sun visits on his rounds. Nothing seems to have been forgotten,
nothing overlooked.

"Land of religions, cradle of human race, birthplace of human speech,
grandmother of legend, great grandmother of tradition. The land that
all men desire to see and having seen once even by a glimpse, would
not give that glimpse for the shows of the rest of the globe
combined."

--Mark Twain
JWS
https://newrepublic.com/article/153549/indias-futile-war-open-defecation
Harry Krishna
2021-06-02 13:48:16 UTC
Post by Harry Krishna
"Faith is believing in what you know ain't so" - Mark Twain
"So far as I am able to judge, nothing has been left undone, either by
man or nature, to make India the most extraordinary country that the
sun visits on his rounds. Nothing seems to have been forgotten,
nothing overlooked.
"Land of religions, cradle of human race, birthplace of human speech,
grandmother of legend, great grandmother of tradition. The land that
all men desire to see and having seen once even by a glimpse, would
not give that glimpse for the shows of the rest of the globe
combined."
--Mark Twain
I'm sure India is a lovely place, but Twain had nothing but mockery
for religion in general, Jesper.
Jahnu
2021-06-03 04:30:31 UTC
On Wed, 02 Jun 2021 09:48:16 -0400, Harry Krishna
Post by Harry Krishna
I'm sure India is a lovely place, but Twain had nothing but mockery
for religion in general, Jesper.
His mockery of religion was not general. It ws especially directed at
the Church.

Existence is bad because as embodied beings we live in the wrong
environment. We are like fish trying to be happy on dry land.

Existence is good for the soul, and bad for the body and mind.
Originally, the soul exists in eternity, knowledge and bliss. The body
and mind, however, exist in birth, death, old age and disease.

So we are all embodied beings. As long as we exist in samsara - the
endless cycle of birth and death - we will suffer or enjoy according
to our activities, life after life, but basically suffering the four
inherent miseries of material life.

The goal of the human life-form is for the soul to break free from
samsara and return to its original position of eternity, knowledge and
bliss.

Krishna says:

Humility; pridelessness; nonviolence; tolerance; simplicity;
approaching a bona fide spiritual master; cleanliness; steadiness;
self-control; renunciation of the objects of sense gratification;
absence of false ego; the perception of the evil of birth, death, old
age and disease; detachment; freedom from entanglement with children,
wife, home and the rest; even-mindedness amid pleasant and unpleasant
events; constant and unalloyed devotion to Me; aspiring to live in a
solitary place; detachment from the general mass of people; accepting
the importance of self-realization; and philosophical search for the
Absolute Truth - all these I declare to be knowledge, and besides this
whatever there may be is ignorance. --Bg 13.8-12

I shall now explain the knowable, knowing which you will taste the
eternal. Brahman, the spirit, beginningless and subordinate to Me,
lies beyond the cause and effect of this material world. --Bg 13.13
Harry Krishna
2021-06-03 13:26:07 UTC
Post by Harry Krishna
I'm sure India is a lovely place, but Twain had nothing but mockery
for religion in general, Jesper.
His mockery of religion was not general. It ws especially directed at
the Church.
I'd be willing to bet $100 that your familiarity with Twain's writing
is as non-existent as your familiarity with any aspect of science,
history, or any religion other than your own. so please, Jesper,
elaborate on your assertion. I could use the laugh.
Christopher A. Lee
2021-06-03 16:38:53 UTC
Post by Harry Krishna
I'm sure India is a lovely place, but Twain had nothing but mockery
for religion in general, Jesper.
His mockery of religion was not general. It ws especially directed at
the Church.
I'd be willing to bet $100 that your familiarity with Twain's writing
is as non-existent as your familiarity with any aspect of science,
history, or any religion other than your own. so please, Jesper,
elaborate on your assertion. I could use the laugh.
Regular Hindus regard Jesper's sick little ISKCON cult in much the
same light regular Christians do the Moonies.
Gronk
Done.
Harry Krishna
<crickets>
Jahnu
2021-06-11 02:46:30 UTC
LOL. That's all any of us ever read of Jesper's brainless tripe.
awwww, is it now I break down sobbing and beg forgiveness : D

Krishna says:

Material nature consists of three modes - goodness, passion and
ignorance. When the eternal living entity comes in contact with
nature, O mighty-armed Arjuna, he becomes conditioned by these modes.
- Bg 14.5

O sinless one, the mode of goodness, being purer than the others, is
illuminating, and it frees one from all sinful reactions. Those
situated in that mode become conditioned by a sense of happiness and
knowledge. - Bg 14.6

The mode of passion is born of unlimited desires and longings, O son
of Kunti, and because of this the embodied living entity is bound to
material fruitive actions. - Bg 14.7

O son of Bharata, know that the mode of darkness, born of ignorance,
is the delusion of all embodied living entities. The results of this
mode are madness, indolence and sleep, which bind the conditioned
soul. - Bg 14.8

O son of Bharata, the mode of goodness conditions one to happiness;
passion conditions one to fruitive action; and ignorance, covering
one's knowledge, binds one to madness. - Bg 14.9

Sometimes the mode of goodness becomes prominent, defeating the modes
of passion and ignorance, O son of Bharata. Sometimes the mode of
passion defeats goodness and ignorance, and at other times ignorance
defeats goodness and passion. In this way there is always competition
for supremacy. - Bg 14.10

The manifestation of the mode of goodness can be experienced when all
the gates of the body are illuminated by knowledge. - Bg 14.11

O chief of the Bharatas, when there is an increase in the mode of
passion the symptoms of great attachment, fruitive activity, intense
endeavor, and uncontrollable desire and hankering develop. -Bg 14.12

When there is an increase in the mode of ignorance, O son of Kuru,
darkness, inertia, madness and illusion are manifested. - Bg 14.13

When one dies in the mode of goodness, he attains to the pure higher
planets of the great sages. -Bg 14.14

When one dies in the mode of passion, he takes birth among those
engaged in fruitive activities; and when one dies in the mode of
ignorance, he takes birth in the animal kingdom. - Bg 14.15

The result of pious action is pure and is said to be in the mode of
goodness. But action done in the mode of passion results in misery,
and action performed in the mode of ignorance results in foolishness.
- Bg 14.16

From the mode of goodness, real knowledge develops; from the mode of
passion, greed develops; and from the mode of ignorance develop
foolishness, madness and illusion. - Bg 14.17

Those situated in the mode of goodness gradually go upward to the
higher planets; those in the mode of passion live on the earthly
planets; and those in the abominable mode of ignorance go down to the
hellish worlds. - Bg 14.18

When one properly sees that in all activities no other performer is at
work than these modes of nature and he knows the Supreme Lord, who is
transcendental to all these modes, he attains My spiritual nature. -Bg
14.19

When the embodied being is able to transcend these three modes
associated with the material body, he can become free from birth,
death, old age and their distresses and can enjoy nectar even in this
life. -Bg 14.20
Harry Krishna
2021-06-11 13:02:48 UTC
Post by Jahnu
LOL. That's all any of us ever read of Jesper's brainless tripe.
awwww, is it now I break down sobbing and beg forgiveness
If you really believed in Krishna, you'd break down sobbing and beg
his forgiveness for making ISKCON look like a bunch of demented
idiots, Jesper.
Christopher A. Lee
You mean they aten't?
Michelle Malkin
2021-06-22 11:23:42 UTC
Post by Harry Krishna
Post by Jahnu
LOL. That's all any of us ever read of Jesper's brainless tripe.
awwww, is it now I break down sobbing and beg forgiveness
If you really believed in Krishna, you'd break down sobbing and beg
his forgiveness for making ISKCON look like a bunch of demented
idiots, Jesper.
You mean they aren't?
Sure they are. They took Jesper in, didn't they?
Jahnu
2021-06-11 22:06:55 UTC
bitch moan whine
God is fully enjoying His pastimes in the spiritual world, He has
absolutely no interest in His material creation. When Krishna wants to
play God, He expands as Vishnu who then creates material nature.
Nature works according to strict laws, and in nature the embodied
living beings suffer or enjoy according to their activities.

Material creation is under the law of karma, and God doesn't interfere
with that. In the material world we are free to be good or evil as we
like, and reap the results accordingly.

Mean-while, while we live and die repeatedly in material creation,
Krishna is enjoying His eternal pastimes. Krishna is even so kind that
he invites us to come back home and take part in His eternal pastimes.
Only Krishna can release us from samsara - the endless cycle of birth
and death.

Our real life begins when we petition Krishna to release us from
samsara and allow us to rejoin Him Goloka (Vaikuntha).

Krishna says:

From the highest planet in the material world down to the lowest, all
are places of misery wherein repeated birth and death take place. But
one who attains to My abode, O son of Kunti, never takes birth again.
(Bg 8.16)

By human calculation, a thousand ages taken together form the duration
of Brahma's one day. And such also is the duration of his night. (Bg
8.17)

At the beginning of Brahma's day, all living entities become manifest
from the unmanifest state, and thereafter, when the night falls, they
are merged into the unmanifest again. (Bg 8.18)

Again and again, when Brahma's day arrives, all living entities come
into being, and with the arrival of Brahma's night they are helplessly
annihilated. (Bg 8.19)

Yet there is another unmanifest nature, which is eternal and is
transcendental to this manifested and unmanifested matter. It is
supreme and is never annihilated. When all in this world is
annihilated, that part remains as it is. (Bg 8.20)
Harry Krishna
2021-06-15 12:46:35 UTC
Post by Jahnu
bitch moan whine
God is fully enjoying
watching his idiot devotee Jesper making a fool of himself in public.
Jahnu
2021-06-16 03:23:11 UTC
bitch moan whine
The consequences of living in the material world is death. Regardless
of whether one is living a heavenly life or a hellish life, the end
result is death. Whether it’s a world dedicated to materialism, like
now a days, or a world bent on religion, death is the ultimate
consequence.

So a person can either dedicate himself to piety or impiety, and stay
in the cycle of birth and death, or he can dedicate Himself to
Krishna, and break free from samsara. He will still have to die, but
it will be his last death. After that - eternal enjoyment in union
with God.

But as long as long as we opt to support the institutions of the
modern world, either directly, like the demons, or indirectly by just
being mindless consumers, we will not only have to suffer in this
life, but next life, as well.

Speaking of institutions, I was struck by a string of verses spoken by
God in the 16th chapter of Bhagavad Gita. It is such an amazingly
accurate description of modern society and its institution. Mind you,
this was spoken 5000 years ago. There is truly nothing new under the
sun.

First Krishna describes atheists in general. It’s quite telling that
the description in verse 7 fits the vast majority of people on the
planet, regardless of their cast, creed, or faith.

Krishna says:

Those who are demoniac do not know what is to be done and what is not
to be done. Neither cleanliness nor proper behavior nor truth is found
in them. (Bg 16.7)

Before someone balks at this, let me remind you that in the western
culture, people wipe their backsides with paper, rather than taking a
shower, after taking a crap.

And in the west, the first thing people were hoarding from the shops,
at the outset of the corona-crisis, was toilet paper. On the news was
shown videos of people fighting over toilet paper in Super markets.

Proper behavior? Cleanliness? I don’t think so… what kind of demon
culture will teach its population to wipe their ass with paper rather
water, after number two?

Actually, only the next verse, verse 8, can be said to refer to people
entirely without faith in God.

They say that this world is unreal, with no foundation, no God in
control. They say it is produced of sex desire and has no cause other
than lust. (Bg. 16.8)

Then Krishna says:

Following such conclusions, the demoniac, who are lost to themselves
and who have no intelligence, engage in unbeneficial, horrible works
meant to destroy the world. (Bg. 16.9)

This verse easily fits people of so-called faith

Organized crime and gangs fit the next description. In Cosa Nostra,
for instance, people are typically catholic.

They believe that to gratify the senses is the prime necessity of
human civilization. Thus until the end of life their anxiety is
immeasurable. Bound by a network of hundreds of thousands of desires
and absorbed in lust and anger, they secure money by illegal means for
sense gratification. (Bg. 16.11-12)

Next is a perfect description of the Vatican. The line of popes all
the way back to the Borgias, seem to have sprung right out of Bhagavad
Gita. You will actually be hard pressed to find a more depraved bunch
than the rulers of the Vatican. Listen to this. It’s like a script to
The Borgias:

The demoniac person thinks: "So much wealth do I have today, and I
will gain more according to my schemes. So much is mine now, and it
will increase in the future, more and more. He is my enemy, and I have
killed him, and my other enemies will also be killed. I am the lord of
everything. I am the enjoyer. I am perfect, powerful and happy. I am
the richest man, surrounded by aristocratic relatives. There is none
so powerful and happy as I am. I shall perform sacrifices, I shall
give some charity, and thus I shall rejoice." In this way, such
persons are deluded by ignorance. (Bg. 16. 13-15)

Here is to people in general of the Abrahamic faiths.

Bewildered by false ego, strength, pride, lust and anger, the demons
become envious of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is situated
in their own bodies and in the bodies of others, and blaspheme against
the real religion. (Bg. 16.18)

I do sound a bit harsh, don’t I? How does that fit with Srila
Prabhupada’s directive to not criticize other religions?

I’m not criticizing other religions, per se, though, I’m criticizing
people who are masquerading as religious people, people who commit
ungodly deeds in the name of God.

Srila Prabhupada was certainly not shy in pointing out how so-called
religious people don’t actually follow their religion.

Srila Prabhupada said two things - Bible and Koran? Low class
scripture for low class people, and he said that anyone with no faith
in the Vedas is an atheist.

Krishna says:

Those miscreants who are grossly foolish, who are lowest among
mankind, whose knowledge is stolen by illusion, and who partake of the
atheistic nature of demons do not surrender unto Me. (Bg 7.15 )

He who discards scriptural injunctions and acts according to his own
whims attains neither perfection, nor happiness, nor the supreme
destination. (Bg. 16.23)

One should therefore understand what is duty and what is not duty by
the regulations of the scriptures. Knowing such rules and regulations,
one should act so that he may gradually be elevated. (Bg. 16.24)
Harry Krishna
2021-06-16 12:58:15 UTC
Post by Jahnu
bitch moan whine
The consequences of living in the material world is death. Regardless
of whether one is living a heavenly life or a hellish life, the end
result is death. Whether it’s a world dedicated to materialism, like
now a days, or a world bent on religion, death is the ultimate
consequence.
Yep. A stopped clock is right twice a day, Jesper.

But there's no God, and no afterlife. Dead is dead. Stop clinging to
your imaginary friend Krishna, and deal with reality. In other words,
grow up, hippie.
Michael Christ
2021-06-16 23:37:27 UTC
Post by Harry Krishna
Post by Jahnu
bitch moan whine
The consequences of living in the material world is death. Regardless
of whether one is living a heavenly life or a hellish life, the end
result is death. Whether it’s a world dedicated to materialism, like
now a days, or a world bent on religion, death is the ultimate
consequence.
Yep. A stopped clock is right twice a day, Jesper.
But there's no God, and no afterlife. Dead is dead. Stop clinging to
your imaginary friend Krishna, and deal with reality. In other words,
grow up, hippie.
You don't know anything, 'prove it' boy. Where has all your ranting and
raving got you over the months.

Oh here is it...nowhere.

You can't even acknowledge a small thing, like, you don't know. Pathetic.

Michael Christ
--
Rom 5:8  But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were
YET sinners, Christ died for us.

"To seek your own will is to seek your own glory".

"If God is not first in everything He is not first in anything".

"Sin is not what you do, it is what you are".

"What makes the bible the truth?" "The resonance of God".

"All men were born sinners. Why? Because all men were born not loving
God with all their heart, soul and mind. An abomination".

"Compromise will condemn you".

"There are no sinners in Christ Jesus".

"My sons are born of Me. In them is no darkness at all".

"You can't learn righteousness. Haven't you had enough time already to
know that?"

"The way of truth is the testimony of life".

"I merely speak the truth, what is revealed to me, and the cards fall
where God intends."

"Nothing that is produced is produced without first being faith."

"You can only find proof of God through faith because that is how we all
live, by faith."

"It is not what you do that matters, it is how you treat Me."

"Keep going forward. Forget about the past. Lift up your head, look
ahead."

"You cannot be free with guilt in your heart."

"Priority is everything".

"The truth doesn't need evidence, it is evidence."

"There is no greater possession a man has than his own will, to squander
it or to place it where it truly belongs."
%
what is it that you don't know i'll tell you
Michael Christ
2021-06-17 00:38:34 UTC
Post by Harry Krishna
Post by Jahnu
[...]
I already know you do what you want.

Michael Christ

%
i also do what i like
Michelle Malkin
No, you don't. You only know what he writes.
John Locke
2021-06-17 01:33:33 UTC
On Thu, 17 Jun 2021 09:37:27 +1000, Michael Christ
Post by Michael Christ
Post by Harry Krishna
Post by Jahnu
bitch moan whine
The consequences of living in the material world is death. Regardless
of whether one is living a heavenly life or a hellish life, the end
result is death. Whether it’s a world dedicated to materialism, like
now a days, or a world bent on religion, death is the ultimate
consequence.
Yep. A stopped clock is right twice a day, Jesper.
But there's no God, and no afterlife. Dead is dead. Stop clinging to
your imaginary friend Krishna, and deal with reality. In other words,
grow up, hippie.
You don't know anything, 'prove it' boy. Where has all your ranting and
raving got you over the months.
Oh here is it...nowhere.
You can't even acknowledge a small thing, like, you don't know. Pathetic.
..it's very simple. You live. You die. You cease to exist. There's no
afterlife, no "god", no Jesus, no paradise...just eternal
non-existence. Once you understand this, the great weight of religious
delusion will be lifted from you shoulders !

no it won't
Michael Christ

John Locke
2021-06-22 19:36:15 UTC
Post by Michael Christ
Post by Harry Krishna
Post by Jahnu
[...]
...no. What's pathetic is watching humans trying to regulate
their lives under the authoritative guidance of an alleged deity that
doesn't even exist !

then why do you come here and watch it
Jahnu
2021-06-23 03:04:18 UTC
On Tue, 22 Jun 2021 12:36:15 -0700, John Locke
Post by John Locke
...no. What's pathetic is watching humans trying to regulate
their lives under the authoritative guidance of an alleged deity that
doesn't even exist !
Yeah, it's much better with no regulations, except those forced on you
by the shithole of a culture, that produces animals like you.

We have free will so we can change our karma, or our destination, for
the better.

Actually, our free will can be boiled down to two choices I have to
make in life - do I choose to remain in samsara, in order to gratify
my body and mind, or do I choose to surrender to Krishna?

The first choice leads to birth, disease, old age and death, and the
second choice leads to eternity, knowledge and bliss.

It's that simple. It's kind of a no-brainer.

Krishna says:

Work done as a sacrifice for Vishnu has to be performed; otherwise
work causes bondage in this material world. Therefore, O son of Kunti,
perform your prescribed duties for His satisfaction, and in that way
you will always remain free from bondage. -Bg 3.9
Jahnu

Harry Krishna
2021-06-17 13:27:00 UTC
Post by Jahnu
To think that likening Santa Claus to God is a valid comparison simply
exposes you as an unthinking, suggestible person.
Says the deranged cultist who believes in every conspiracy theory he
runs across on line.
Jahnu
2021-06-19 03:49:30 UTC
bitch moan whine
Harry Krishna
2021-06-21 13:13:11 UTC
bitch moan whine
You clearly tested way too much acid, Jesper.
Jahnu
2021-06-22 03:26:40 UTC
On Mon, 21 Jun 2021 09:13:11 -0400, Harry Krishna
Post by Harry Krishna
You clearly tested way too much acid, Jesper.
TRIBUTES TO HINDUISM

1. Mahatma Gandhi:

"Hinduism has made marvelous discoveries in things of
religion, of the spirit, of the soul. We have no eye for
these great and fine discoveries. We are dazzled by the
material progress that western science has made. Ancient
India has survived because Hinduism was not developed
along material but spiritual lines.

"India is to me the dearest country in the world, because
I have discovered goodness in it. It has been subject to
foreign rule, it is true. But the status of a slave is
preferable to that of a slave holder."

2. Henry David Thoreau:

"In the morning I bathe my intellect in the stupendous
and cosmogonal philosophy of the Bhagavad Gita in
comparison with which our modern world and its literature
seems puny.

"What extracts from the Vedas I have read fall on me like
the light of a higher and purer luminary, which describes
a loftier course through purer stratum. It rises on me
like the full moon after the stars have come out, wading
through some far stratum in the sky."

3. Arthur Schopenhauer:

"In the whole world there is no study so beneficial and
so elevating as that of the Upanishads. It has been the
solace of my life -- it will be the solace of my death."

4. Ralph Waldo Emerson said this about the Gita:

"I owed a magnificent day to the Bhagavad Gita. It was as
if an empire spoke to us, nothing small or unworthy, but
large, serene, consistent, the voice of an old
intelligence which in another age and climate had
pondered and thus disposed of the same questions which
exercise us."

The famous poem "Brahm" is an example of his Vedanta
ecstasy.

5. Wilhelm von Humboldt pronounced the Gita as:

"The most beautiful, perhaps the only true philosophical
song existing in any known tongue ... perhaps the deepest
and loftiest thing the world has to show."

6. Lord Warren Hastings, the Governor General, was very
much impressed with Hindu philosophy:

"The writers of the Indian philosophies will survive,
when the British dominion in India shall long have ceased
to exist, and when the sources which it yielded of wealth
and power are lost to remembrances."

7. Mark Twain:

"So far as I am able to judge, nothing has been left
undone, either by man or nature, to make India the most
extraordinary country that the sun visits on his rounds.
Nothing seems to have been forgotten, nothing overlooked.

"Land of religions, cradle of human race, birthplace of
human speech, grandmother of legend, great grandmother of
tradition. The land that all men desire to see and having
seen once even by a glimpse, would not give that glimpse
for the shows of the rest of the globe combined."

8. Rudyard Kipling to Fundamental Christian Missionaries:

"Now it is not good for the Christian's health to hustle
the Hindu brown for the Christian riles and the Hindu
smiles and weareth the Christian down; and the end of the
fight is a tombstone while with the name of the late
deceased and the epitaph drear, "A fool lies here who
tried to hustle the east".

9. Jules Michelet, a French historian, said:

"At its starting point in India, the birthplace of races
and religions, the womb of the world." This is what he
said of the Raamyana in 1864: "Whoever has done or willed
too much let him drink from this deep cup a long draught
of life and youth .. . Everything is narrow in the West -
- Greece is small and I stifle; Judea is dry and I pant.
Let me look toward lofty Asia, and the profound East for
a little while. There lies my great poem, as vast as the
Indian ocean, blessed, gilded with the sun, the book of
divine harmony wherein is no dissonance. A serene peace
reigns there, and in the midst of conflict an infinite
sweetness, a boundless fraternity, which spreads over all
living things, an ocean (without bottom or bound) of
love, of pity, of clemency."

10. Shri Aurobindo:

"Hinduism.....gave itself no name, because it set itself
no sectarian limits; it claimed no universal adhesion,
asserted no sole infallible dogma, set up no single
narrow path or gate of salvation; it was less a creed or
cult than a continuously enlarging tradition of the
Godward endeavor of the human spirit. An immense many-
sided and many staged provision for a spiritual self-
building and self-finding, it had some right to speak of
itself by the only name it knew, the eternal religion,
sanaatan dharm...."

11. Will Durant would like the West to learn from India,
tolerance and gentleness and love for all living things:

"Perhaps in return for conquest, arrogance and
spoliation, India will teach us the tolerance and
gentleness of the mature mind, the quiet content of the
unacquisitive soul, the calm of the understanding spirit,
and a unifying, a pacifying love for all living things."

12. Joseph Campbell:

"It is ironic that our great western civilization, which
has opened to the minds of all mankind the infinite
wonders of a universe of untold billions of galaxies
should be saddled with the tightest little cosmological
image known to mankind? The Hindus with their grandiose
Kalpas and their ideas of the divine power which is
beyond all human category (male or female). Not so alien
to the imagery of modern science that it could not have
been put to acceptable use.

"There is an important difference between the Hindu and
the Western ideas. In the Biblical tradition, God creates
man, but man cannot say that he is divine in the same
sense that the Creator is, where as in Hinduism, all
things are incarnations of that power. We are the sparks
from a single fire. And we are all fire. Hinduism
believes in the omnipresence of the Supreme God in every
individual. There is no 'fall'. Man is not cut off from
the divine. He requires only to bring the spontaneous
activity of his mind stuff to a state of stillness and he
will experience that divine principle with him."

13. Sir Monier-Williams:

The Hindus, according to him, were Spinozists more than
2,000 years before the advent of Spinoza, and Darwinians
many centuries before Darwin and Evolutionists many
centuries before the doctrine of Evolution was accepted
by scientists of the present age.

14. Carl Sagan, (the late scientist), asserts that the
dance of Nataraj signifies the cycle of evolution and
destruction of the cosmic universe (Big Bang Theory). "It
is the clearest image of the activity of God which any
art or religion can boast of."

15. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, a professor of Eastern
Religions at Oxford and later President of India:

"Hinduism is not just a faith. It is the union of reason
and intuition that cannot be defined but is only to be
experienced. Evil and error are not ultimate. There is no
Hell, for that means there is a place where God is not,
and there are sins which exceed his love."

1. Sage Kapil Muni who propounded the system of Sankhya Yoga, which is
based on ” systematic enumeration and rational examination” of the
universe.

2. Sage Kannada who propounded the system of Vaisheshika, which is
classified in nine basic realities (earth, water, light, air, ether,
time, space, soul and mind) to analyse the nature of the world.

3. Sage Patanjali who propounded Yoga by which one transcends the
world by linking with the Supreme.

4. Physicians - Charaka, Madhava-kara, Nagarjuna, Sushruta, Vagbhata

5. Mathematicians - Baudhayana sutras, Katyayana, Manava, Pa?ini,
Pingala, Vararuchi

6. Astrologers - Aryabhatt, Varaha Mihir, Bhaskaracharya, etc.

There are many more examples, the above is just an indication. Please
see below some quotes from modern scientists about Hindusim.

But the supreme scientist is Lord Krishna Himself. Dr Svarupa Damodara
Dasa Ph.D very expertly elucidates this in his article ‘Perceiving the
Existence of the Supreme Scientist, Lord Sri Krishna.”

Perceiving the Existence of the Supreme Scientist, Lord Sri Krishna |
Krishna.org

Albert Einstein
“We owe a lot to the Indians, who taught us how to count, without
which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made.”

Thoreau (American Thinker)

“Whenever I have read any part of the Vedas, I have felt that some
unearthly and unknown light illuminated me. In the great teaching of
the Vedas, there is no
touch of sectarianism. It is of all ages, climbs, and nationalities
and is the royal road for the attainment of the Great Knowledge.”

W. Heisenberg (German Physicist, 1901-1976)

“The Vedanta and the Sankhya hold the key to the laws of mind and
thought process which are co-related to the Quantum Field, i.e. the
operation and distribution of particles at atomic and molecular
levels.”

Prof. Brian David Josephson (1940 – ) Welsh physicist, the youngest
Nobel Laureate

” It is India that gave us the ingenious method of expressing all
numbers by ten symbols, each receiving a value of position as well as
an absolute value, a profound and important idea which appears so
simple to us now that we ignore its true merit. But its very
simplicity, the great ease which it has lent to all computations, puts
our arithmetic in the first rank of useful inventions, and we shall
appreciate the grandeur of this achievement the more when we remember
that it escaped the genius of Archimedes and Appollonius, two of the
greatest men produced by antiquity.”

Pierre Simon de Laplace, French mathematician, philosopher, and
astronomer:

Vedas(Old Sanskrit writings ) say that when SCIENCE ENDS SPIRITUALITY
BEGINS!Most of the scientific conclusions now being put forth by some
very acknowledged scientists were already mentioned by LORD KRISHNA in
HIS SONG, the BHAGWAD GITA.
Harry Krishna
2021-06-23 12:28:27 UTC
No one cares.
Jahnu
2021-06-24 05:42:58 UTC
bitch moan whine
Krishna says:

Those who are seers of the truth have concluded that of the
non-existent [the material body] there is no endurance and of the
eternal [the soul] there is no change. This they have concluded by
studying the nature of both. (Bg. 2.16)

So according to Krishna's definition, reality is that which is eternal
and unreality, or illusion, is that which is temporary. Note that
illusion does exist, but it is unreal in the sense that it's not
eternal.

Someone may object - if I smash my head into a wall, the pain I feel
is very real. How can it not be real? But if seen in the light of
eternity it is not real. For instance, I may break my leg today, but
10 years from now it will not be real, what to speak of 100 years from
now. It will be as if it never happened.

So illusion exists, it is not false or fictional, but the reason it is
not considered real is because it is not eternal. It's like a dream. A
dream happens, but when we wake up, we understand it was not real.
Life in a material body is like that - dream-like. Say, we have a real
nice meal today, a week from now, it will be no more real to us than
had it been a dream.

That’s how life in a material body is like a dream. We'll realize
that, if not before, then at the time of death. Death will be a rude
awakening for the atheist.

So reality and illusion are defined by time. One is eternal the other
is temporary. And if you think about it, it makes sense. Anything seen
in the light of eternity will be manifested for such a short flicker
in time, that it is as if it didn't really happen.

Brahma, the god of creation, is said to live as long as the universe
lasts - which is calculated to be 311 trillion solar years. So if you
live for such an unfathomable length of time, then imagine what a
person's life-span on earth of, say, 80 years must look like. I don't
even live a second from Brahma's point of view. How real would a
person be to you, if he existed for a second? Think about it.

If you take 80 years out of 311 trillion years it is such a miniscule
portion of time, that for all practical purposes it might as well not
have happened. But then again, if you take Brahma's lifespan and
compare it to eternal time, it is just as little. However long time is
taken out of eternal time, it will still amount to nothing.

The duration of the universe will make a lifespan on earth seem
completely insignificant, and the cosmic time of millions, billions,
and trillions of years will seem totally inconsequential and
insignificant from the angle of eternal time. So in the light of
eternity, anything that is not eternal is but an illusory glimpse.
That's how one can understand that anything which has a beginning and
an end is illusory. Only that which is eternal is real.

Now, in this world, what is then real, someone might ask. We don't
have any experience of something that lasts forever, do we? Yes we do.
The only thing, that lasts forever is the conscious self. The soul is
eternal, so in the material world the only real thing is ourselves,
our real selves, the soul, anything else, including our body and mind,
is temporary, and thus illusory.

That's why self-realization, according to Vaishnava theology, means to
realize one's eternal self beyond the temporary body and mind. Krishna
gives a brilliant argument in the Bhagavad Gita to help a thoughtful
person experience his eternal self.

A person's body goes through different stages of infancy, childhood,
youth, old age and finally death. But during all these changes of the
body and the mind, the self (the inner sense of I-feeling), or the
inner observer remains constant. I am the same ‘me’ when I’m young as
when I’m old. That's one way we can logically understand we are
eternal.

The human life-form is unique in the sense that it allows the self to
understand its own eternity. So the purpose of human life is to
connect with the eternal self. If one is simply absorbed in the body
and its demands, one is wasting this valuable opportunity - an
opportunity that is only available in the human life-form. Eating,
sleeping, mating and defending, the soul can do in any life-form, only
in the human form can the self connect with eternity, ie. reality.

Krishna says:

Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor all these
kings; nor in the future shall any of us cease to be. (Bg 2.12)

As the embodied soul continuously passes, in this body, from boyhood
to youth to old age, the soul similarly passes into another body at
death. A sober person is not bewildered by such a change. (Bg 2.13)

hhya...@gmail.com
2021-06-19 10:20:50 UTC
Post by Jahnu
To suggest that humanity, since the beginning of time, has
been devoted to a superstition, is at best a baseless, unintelligent
assertion.
Early people might not know how to talk, let alone had superstition!
They were busy finding food...no time for imagination!!!!!
Jahnu
2021-06-20 06:00:58 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Early people might not know how to talk, let alone had superstition!
They were busy finding food...no time for imagination!!!!!
It's like your life. No time to think... :D

After a long time living in the material world, you begin to
understand that you don't belong here. As you become older in this
life you realize that without exception everything turns into misery,
sorrow and frustration. Even if you are enjoying to the max, disease,
old age and death always get you in the end.

This would be a depressing realization if there were no positive
alternative. But there is. When you add Krishna to your life and begin
practicing devotion to Him, all this other stuff - family, friends,
society, all your loved ones become as significant as the autum leaves
rattling in the wind, for the security and bliss you discover in
Krishna's service makes everything else pale in comparison.

-- but, but, that's being defeatist and irresponsible, I hear someone
object.

On the contrary, it is defeatist and irresponsible to surrender to
disease, old age and death. To explain it away by saying, there is
nothing you can do about it anyway, when God Himself tells you, you
can get out of the ocean of birth and death - now THAT's defeatist and
irresponsible.

It is defeatist because you surrender to nature's powers, and it is
irresponsible, because the sole prerogative of the human life-form is
for the soul to get out of samsara - the endless cycle of birth and
death. To not take advantage of that rare opportunity is
irresponsible.

--but, but who will take care of the family, if everyone just goes
off, dresses in sheets and chants mantras?

Family? First of all, one doesn't exclude the other. To practice
devotion to Krishna does not mean you can't take care of your family.
Rather, you can take better care, it's just not the ultimate goal in
life anymore. And secondly, everyone in the material world takes care
of their family. Ants, cockroaches, cats and dogs and cows take care
of their families. Family is being taken care of in any life-form. In
the modern culture, it is being hailed as some noble, unassailable,
holy principle - the ultimate goal in life you must stick to, no
matter what. Family is God.

The fact is, though, that if humans are just another lifeform that
popped out of the evolutionary cycle, there is nothing more noble or
exquisite about a mother strolling her infant down 5th Avenue in a
pushchair, than an ant carrying an egg home to its nest.

Therefore Krishna says:

Just try to learn the truth by approaching a spiritual master. Inquire
from him submissively and render service unto him. The self-realized
souls can impart knowledge unto you because they have seen the truth.
(Bg. 4.34)

Having obtained real knowledge from a self-realized soul, you will
never fall again into such illusion, for by this knowledge you will
see that all living beings are but part of the Supreme, or, in other
words, that they are Mine. (Bg.4.35)

Even if you are considered to be the most sinful of all sinners, when
you are situated in the boat of transcendental knowledge you will be
able to cross over the ocean of miseries. (Bg. 4.36)

As a blazing fire turns firewood to ashes, O Arjuna, so does the fire
of knowledge burn to ashes all reactions to material activities. (Bg.
4.37)

In this world, there is nothing so sublime and pure as transcendental
knowledge. Such knowledge is the mature fruit of all mysticism. And
one who has become accomplished in the practice of devotional service
enjoys this knowledge within himself in due course of time. (Bg. 4.38)

A faithful man who is dedicated to transcendental knowledge and who
subdues his senses is eligible to achieve such knowledge, and having
achieved it he quickly attains the supreme spiritual peace. (Bg. 4.39)

But ignorant and faithless persons who doubt the revealed scriptures
do not attain God consciousness; they fall down. For the doubting soul
there is happiness neither in this world nor in the next. (Bg. 4.40)
hhya...@gmail.com
2021-06-23 09:38:13 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Early people might not know how to talk, let alone had superstition!
They were busy finding food...no time for imagination!!!!!
It's like your life. No time to think... :D
I know you inherited the inability to think...!
Pity.
Cloud Hobbit
2021-06-23 03:50:44 UTC
Post by Jahnu
bitch moan whine
To say that belief in God is no more than superstition is just
foolish. To suggest that humanity, since the beginning of time, has
been devoted to a superstition, is at best a baseless, unintelligent
assertion.
Not baseless at all. Observe that nobody except
those authors in holy books have ever seen a god
Also notice none of the miraculous things
described in those holy books have ever happened
in your lifetime or in the lifetime of any of person you've ever known.
Post by Jahnu
A common saying by atheists is that belief in God is no different than
believing in Santa Claus or the tooth fairy. Statements like that
clearly show the damage atheism does to the mind.
How is it damage to give an accurate
Comparison? There is no evidence of any kind
of fairies, and definitely none for any that sneak
into a child's room and replace the tooth under
the pillow with some amount of cash.
Post by Jahnu
The most brilliant thinkers, philosophers, and scientists throughout
history have advocated beleif in God.
Most of those scientists and philosophers lived
in times where declaring you were anything
other than the religion of where ever you were
could get you killed.

Post by Jahnu
person or scientist who believes in the tooth fairy?
No, just like I don't know anybody that believe in Krishna.
Was there a point to that question? What people beloved 1,2,3,9 hundred
years ago is not necessarily relevant to what we know
today. I think many of those great thinkers
you mentioned would be atheists today.
Post by Jahnu
To think that likening Santa Claus to God is a valid comparison simply
exposes you as an unthinking, suggestible person.
Accurate comparison. Neither exist.

Another popular
Post by Jahnu
pastime of atheists is to reject God on the basis of the Abrahamic
religions they grew up with.
That's not me. I reject gods because there is no
evidence of any and the descriptions of these various gods
are both ridiculous and defy natural law.
Post by Jahnu
That’s just another facet of ignorance, widespread in the modern
world. Who wouldn’t reject a God who could do no better than the Bible
or the Koran, or the Talmud, for that matter?
Who is stupid enough to accept any invisible,
unevidenced, sky daddy that watches you
every single second of your life, even though it's
Omniscient and already knows what you're gonna do,
but will break the laws of nature, move mountains,
because he was moved by the pleading of some
Whiny human? The uneducatHereed, the ignorant, and
those with mental health issues.

Snip religious fiction about Krishna, a non-existent
entity.

There are no gods unless we create them.
aaa
2021-06-03 14:27:18 UTC
Post by Harry Krishna
"Faith is believing in what you know ain't so" - Mark Twain
"So far as I am able to judge, nothing has been left undone, either by
man or nature, to make India the most extraordinary country that the
sun visits on his rounds. Nothing seems to have been forgotten,
nothing overlooked.
"Land of religions, cradle of human race, birthplace of human speech,
grandmother of legend, great grandmother of tradition. The land that
all men desire to see and having seen once even by a glimpse, would
not give that glimpse for the shows of the rest of the globe
combined."
--Mark Twain
I'm sure India is a lovely place, but Twain had nothing but mockery
for religion in general, Jesper.
Only in his days. In today's world, he would be laughing hysterically at
the global warming instead.

God's spiritual evidence is evident in everyone.
Find it and treasure it because it's the covenant of God.
It's the reason why we are given this life on earth.
It's the foundation why we can have meaning in life.

Let's all honor our personal spiritual evidence of God for the sake of
Christ!
Michelle Malkin
Faith in any god comes from lack of education.
Cloud Hobbit
2021-06-23 03:23:37 UTC
On Saturday, May 29, 2021 at 7:23:35 PM UTC-7, Jahnu wrote:
Faith in God comes from the God store.
$3.00 each or 3 for $10.00.

Cash only, no PayPal, no Venmo.

There are no gods unless we create them.