When did the universe begin?
j***@gmail.com
2018-02-26 21:54:31 UTC
Maybe it always existed. Seems simple enough.
Yap Honghor
2018-02-27 01:45:33 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
Maybe it always existed. Seems simple enough.
May be , but then may not be....
There is no relevance to human existence, only to scientific interest.
j***@gmail.com
2018-02-27 02:02:51 UTC

I agree. Who gives a damn?
Malcolm McMahon
2018-02-27 10:01:58 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
Maybe it always existed. Seems simple enough.
Well, that was the scientific position until the Hubble expansion was
observered. Nobody really wanted the Big Bang theory (hence the derisory name),
but so far alternatives are either speculative or inconsistent with observation.
j***@gmail.com
But maybe the universe has been big banging, in cycles, forever.
Siri Cruise
2018-02-27 21:04:29 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
Post by Malcolm McMahon
Post by j***@gmail.com
Maybe it always existed. Seems simple enough.
Well, that was the scientific position until the Hubble expansion was
observered. Nobody really wanted the Big Bang theory (hence the derisory name),
but so far alternatives are either speculative or inconsistent with observation.
But maybe the universe has been big banging, in cycles, forever.
As universe becomes denser, the gravity becomes greater, and the time dilation
becomes greater. You can never reach a beginning within the universe. Whether
there is an outside is unknown.
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
j***@gmail.com

There you go. An ultimate beginning may be impossible, an asymptote, an ingenious fiction. If there is no beginning, then there's no need for God to get things started.
aaa
2018-02-28 16:18:50 UTC
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by j***@gmail.com
Post by Malcolm McMahon
Post by j***@gmail.com
Maybe it always existed. Seems simple enough.
Well, that was the scientific position until the Hubble expansion
was observered. Nobody really wanted the Big Bang theory (hence
the derisory name), but so far alternatives are either
speculative or inconsistent with observation.
But maybe the universe has been big banging, in cycles, forever.
As universe becomes denser, the gravity becomes greater, and the time
dilation becomes greater. You can never reach a beginning within the
universe. Whether there is an outside is unknown ............
There you go. An ultimate beginning may be impossible, an asymptote,
an ingenious fiction. If there is no beginning, then there's no need
for God to get things started.
The energy of the universe can't be automatically recycled. The used
energy can't turn itself into usable energy again. So there can't be a
second big bang within the universe.

Marvin Sebourn
2018-02-28 20:48:28 UTC
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by j***@gmail.com
Post by Malcolm McMahon
Post by j***@gmail.com
[...]
One of several repeated big bang hypotheses:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2006/may/05/spaceexploration.universe

Was your hypothesis published in a peer-reviewed publication, AAA?

I certainly don't know, AAA, but when you reach the stage where no point of contradictory evidence could make you reconsider your belief, you're no longer in the realm of science and reason.

Marvin Sebourn
2018-03-01 03:01:59 UTC
Post by Marvin Sebourn
Post by aaa
In article
On Tuesday, February 27, 2018 at 5:02:00 AM UTC-5, Malcolm
Post by Malcolm McMahon
Post by j***@gmail.com
[...]
I'm not sure I have any hypothesis. What are you talking about?
Post by Marvin Sebourn
Post by aaa
Truth, love, wisdom, compassion, knowledge, consciousness,
intelligence, happiness, faith, courage, justice, peace, freedom,
and life itself.

Goddunit is a hypothesis, of sorts. Lacks details though.
aaa
2018-03-01 19:16:18 UTC
Post by Marvin Sebourn
Post by aaa
In article
Post by j***@gmail.com
Post by Malcolm McMahon
Post by j***@gmail.com
[...]
It may be a hypothesis to you, but it is my philosophical understanding
based on the truth.

Sn!pe
2018-02-28 09:02:11 UTC
Post by Siri Cruise
As universe becomes denser, the gravity becomes greater, and the time
dilation becomes greater. You can never reach a beginning within the
universe. Whether there is an outside is unknown.
Timothy Leary's outside looking in.
--
^Ï^. Sn!pe <***@gmail.com>

My pet rock Gordon just is.
Siri Cruise
2018-02-28 14:23:42 UTC
Post by Sn!pe
Post by Siri Cruise
As universe becomes denser, the gravity becomes greater, and the time
dilation becomes greater. You can never reach a beginning within the
universe. Whether there is an outside is unknown.
Timothy Leary's outside looking in.
Tiny Tim Leary is dead. ~~ Scrooge
Scrooge is a fictional god. ~~ Tiny Tim
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
Sn!pe
2018-03-01 14:06:15 UTC
Siri Cruise <***@yahoo.com> wrote:

[...]
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Sn!pe
Post by Siri Cruise
As universe becomes denser, the gravity becomes greater, and the time
dilation becomes greater. You can never reach a beginning within the
universe. Whether there is an outside is unknown.
Timothy Leary's outside looking in.
Tiny Tim Leary is dead. ~~ Scrooge
Scrooge is a fictional god. ~~ Tiny Tim
Universe <=[GAZE]=> Abyss
--
^Ï^. Sn!pe <***@gmail.com>

My pet rock Gordon just is.
Siri Cruise
2018-03-01 19:32:50 UTC
Post by Sn!pe
[...]
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Sn!pe
Post by Siri Cruise
As universe becomes denser, the gravity becomes greater, and the time
dilation becomes greater. You can never reach a beginning within the
universe. Whether there is an outside is unknown.
Timothy Leary's outside looking in.
Tiny Tim Leary is dead. ~~ Scrooge
Scrooge is a fictional god. ~~ Tiny Tim
Universe <=[GAZE]=> Abyss
The GAZE marries the universe and the abyss?
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
Robert Carnegie
Just once. So use it or lose it.
MarkA
2018-02-28 22:01:07 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
Maybe it always existed. Seems simple enough.
My (admittedly superficial) understanding is that time itself began with
the Big Bang. So, there isn't room for anything to be "before" the Big
Bang. I don't think our brains can really understand the nature of
reality.
--
MarkA

You can safely assume that you have created God in your own image when it
turns out that God hates all the same people you do. -- Anne Lamott
j***@gmail.com
Einstein was better at it than most.
MarkA
2018-03-01 14:46:19 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
Post by MarkA
Post by j***@gmail.com
Maybe it always existed. Seems simple enough.
My (admittedly superficial) understanding is that time itself began
with the Big Bang. So, there isn't room for anything to be "before"
the Big Bang. I don't think our brains can really understand the
nature of reality.
Einstein was better at it than most.
He had the ability to look at existing data and consider explanations
that seemed so off the wall, nobody really thought about them before. It
paid off for him, big time.
--
MarkA

We hang petty thieves, and appoint the great thieves to public office
-- Aesop