Garden of Eden absurdities
Add Reply
Andrew W
2020-02-21 02:39:30 UTC
Garden of Eden absurdities.

There was a talking serpent in the Garden of Eden. Animals can't talk.

There were magic trees in the Garden, one which somehow gives you knowledge
of things or eternal life.

Why would Eve commit any sin if she was created with a perfect sinless
nature and had no apparent ambition or grievance? If she sinned it must
have been part of her nature, which God created.

So it is at least partly his fault or extension because he's the source of
everything.
The free choice/will doctrine doesn't work because God is a free will
individual who apparently never sins as it is against his nature, so free
choice/will alone is not a sufficient condition or cause for sin and
rebellion, let alone suddenly turning evil.
Eve would not have sinned unless she was created with a sinful nature, and
she wouldn't acquire a sinful nature because she wouldn't have sinned in the
first place.

No matter how you square it, God is the source of errors (sin) because
everything including 'nature' came from him, there's no other source.
Tendencies/desires etc. are either acquired through living, or must be
inputted from a source.
There's no other way. Human children acquire these either from their
parents, or by influence from piers, or school. This severely limits Adam
and Eve's options. Teaching these values along with teaching resistance to
bad influences were God's responsibilities. Where was he?

These should also logically apply to Satan who could not have rebelled
against God solely because he had the "free choice/will" to do so but must
have done so because of his sinful nature, which came from where exactly?
Alternatively, God can be blamed for having a pair of creations with the
naivety of a child as can be deduced from the above points, unless the snake
got a lucky roll on its Diplomacy check. Again, where was the
Father/teacher/role model to make all this unfold properly?

This doctrine, combined with the Crucifixion, means that the central tenet
of Christianity amounts to - God demanded a human sacrifice to allow himself
to forgive us for something we weren't responsible for because of his bad
planning and lack of foresight. And apparently we're not even sovereign
beings, so why condemn mere peons to eternal torture as if we're all
sovereign and responsible at least for a reasonable portion of creation? It
makes no sense.

But maybe this was all planned by an evil god of this world pretending to be
the Creator of all. That makes a lot of sense with all the horrible
suffering and death of innocents that has happened for millennia, plus how
well things have been going for the evil ones in this world. Evil gets more
privileges and resources in this world than the innocent and needy. That
virtually proves it.

More https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Original_sin

http://members.optusnet.com.au/ajwerner/

The golden rule with food - if it smells strange from the fridge then throw
it in the bin. With Christianity, if it sounds strange and it's from the
Bible then you must embrace it as the word of God.

A question to all Christians: Was the Bible inspired or dictated? Because if
it was just inspired then it can't be called God's word.

http://www.rumormillnews.com -- The best alternative news site.
Patrick B
2020-02-21 05:38:47 UTC
On Fri, 21 Feb 2020 13:39:30 +1100, "Andrew W"
Post by Andrew W
Garden of Eden absurdities.
There was a talking serpent in the Garden of Eden. Animals can't talk.
There were magic trees in the Garden, one which somehow gives you knowledge
of things or eternal life.
Why would Eve commit any sin if she was created with a perfect sinless
nature and had no apparent ambition or grievance? If she sinned it must
have been part of her nature, which God created.
Gosh, you sound like lucifer.
Who said Eve was created with a perfect sinless nature?
She was created as a human, flawed, with a free will.
She was given one rule, as a test.
She screwed up, sinned, broke the rule, and then dragged adam into the
situation. She didn't want to be alone when she was found out.
I guess she was the typical woman, ... always looking for an excuse.
Andrew W
2020-02-21 08:03:58 UTC
Post by Andrew W
Garden of Eden absurdities.
There was a talking serpent in the Garden of Eden. Animals can't talk.
There were magic trees in the Garden, one which somehow gives you knowledge
of things or eternal life.
Why would Eve commit any sin if she was created with a perfect sinless
nature and had no apparent ambition or grievance? If she sinned it must
have been part of her nature, which God created.
Gosh, you sound like lucifer.
Who said Eve was created with a perfect sinless nature?
She was created as a human, flawed, with a free will.
1. How/why would a perfect being who can't tolerate any errors create flawed
beings?? Maybe he wasn't perfect himself but only claimed to be.

2. How does free choice/will always lead to rebellion/evil??

3. Why create flawed beings and then get angry when they do exactly what we
all knew they would do, except this dumb story book god?
Post by Patrick B
She was given one rule, as a test.
Someone who knows the future does not need to test anyone.
Did you have children just to test them to see if they'll worship you
correctly?
Post by Patrick B
She screwed up, sinned, broke the rule, and then dragged adam into the
situation.
It was a petty situation where they didn't even get a second chance.
This god failed to make perfect worshippers and then just blamed them. Major
loser.
Post by Patrick B
She didn't want to be alone when she was found out.
I guess she was the typical woman, ... always looking for an excuse.
You'd believe any dumb story if it was given enough publicity.

I can't understand how some people can't see through these dumb stories.

Patrick B
2020-02-21 12:54:30 UTC
Post by Andrew W
Garden of Eden absurdities.
There was a talking serpent in the Garden of Eden. Animals can't talk.
There were magic trees in the Garden, one which somehow gives you knowledge
of things or eternal life.
Why would Eve commit any sin if she was created with a perfect sinless
nature and had no apparent ambition or grievance? If she sinned it must
have been part of her nature, which God created.
Gosh, you sound like lucifer.
Who said Eve was created with a perfect sinless nature?
She was created as a human, flawed, with a free will.
1. How/why would a perfect being who can't tolerate any errors create flawed
beings?? Maybe he wasn't perfect himself but only claimed to be.
Why would a perfect being create another perfect being?
What fun would that be.
Look at what happened when God created the angels.
Post by Andrew W
2. How does free choice/will always lead to rebellion/evil??
It doesn't.
But it often does, because yer mama didn't do a good job.
Post by Andrew W
3. Why create flawed beings and then get angry when they do exactly what we
all knew they would do, except this dumb story book god?
We all knew what they would do?
Post by Andrew W
Post by Patrick B
She was given one rule, as a test.
Someone who knows the future does not need to test anyone.
Did you have children just to test them to see if they'll worship you
correctly?
If something has a free will, how can ANYONE know what choices that
person will make? If he has a free will, then he could go either way.
Post by Andrew W
Post by Patrick B
She screwed up, sinned, broke the rule, and then dragged adam into the
situation.
It was a petty situation where they didn't even get a second chance.
This god failed to make perfect worshippers and then just blamed them. Major
loser.
They had a choice.
They chose unwisely.
"GIVEN?"
d***@cox.net
2020-02-21 13:16:06 UTC
Post by Andrew W
Post by Patrick B
Gosh, you sound like lucifer.
Who said Eve was created with a perfect sinless nature?
She was created as a human, flawed, with a free will.
1. How/why would a perfect being who can't tolerate any errors create flawed
beings?? Maybe he wasn't perfect himself but only claimed to be.
So he could forgive us when we take the steps to change.
Post by Andrew W
2. How does free choice/will always lead to rebellion/evil??
Man exercising his evil nature.
Post by Andrew W
3. Why create flawed beings and then get angry when they do exactly what we
all knew they would do, except this dumb story book god?
Change.
2020-02-22 03:43:20 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Andrew W
Post by Patrick B
Gosh, you sound like lucifer.
Who said Eve was created with a perfect sinless nature?
She was created as a human, flawed, with a free will.
1. How/why would a perfect being who can't tolerate any errors create flawed
beings?? Maybe he wasn't perfect himself but only claimed to be.
So he could forgive us when we take the steps to change.
Shear stupidity of the character of a pixie!!!!!
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Andrew W
2. How does free choice/will always lead to rebellion/evil??
Man exercising his evil nature.
So, you are just a passive damn moron, born without a character of your own!
There is no such advancement in medicine, capable to change your stupid brain!
vallor
2020-02-25 17:24:25 UTC
Post by Andrew W
2. How does free choice/will always lead to rebellion/evil??
Man exercising his evil nature.
If someone who calls himself "duckgumbo" says he has an evil
nature...believe him.

Otherwise, he needs to speak for himself. (But he won't, due to his evil
nature.)
--
-v
"Fortunately, I hear from God about stuff." -"Michael Christ"
fable, and the human mind degraded by believing it." -Thomas Paine
Christopher A. Lee
2020-02-25 17:37:18 UTC
Post by Andrew W
2. How does free choice/will always lead to rebellion/evil??
Man exercising his evil nature.
If someone who calls himself "duckgumbo" says he has an evil
nature...believe him.
Otherwise, he needs to speak for himself. (But he won't, due to his evil
nature.)
If they call ordinary people, even bad people, evil - what word do
they use to describe things like the holocaust and its perpetrators?
Siri Cruise
2020-02-25 20:29:14 UTC
Post by Andrew W
2. How does free choice/will always lead to rebellion/evil??
Man exercising his evil nature.
If someone who calls himself "duckgumbo" says he has an evil
nature...believe him.
Otherwise, he needs to speak for himself. (But he won't, due to his evil
nature.)
Put on your sweats and get rid to work out.

One two three evil nature.
Two two three evil nature.
Three two three evil nature.
Four two three evil nature.

Can you feel the burn? Can you feel you're exorcising evil nature?
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
Patrick B
2020-02-25 21:35:37 UTC
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Andrew W
2. How does free choice/will always lead to rebellion/evil??
Man exercising his evil nature.
If someone who calls himself "duckgumbo" says he has an evil
nature...believe him.
Otherwise, he needs to speak for himself. (But he won't, due to his evil
nature.)
Put on your sweats and get rid to work out.
One two three evil nature.
Two two three evil nature.
Three two three evil nature.
Four two three evil nature.
Can you feel the burn? Can you feel you're exorcising evil nature?
Hey, I feel the burn and I didn't do anything....
Well, maybe it is from my arthritis....
LinuxGal
2020-02-26 14:52:41 UTC
Post by vallor
Post by d***@cox.net
Man exercising his evil nature.
If someone who calls himself "duckgumbo" says he has an evil
nature...believe him.
Well, we already knew that when he went into
alt.recovery.catholicism with a catechism, which is like
showing up at an AA meeting with a keg.
--
I have spoken.

https://twitter.com/LinuxGal
Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
2020-02-26 15:16:53 UTC
Post by LinuxGal
Well, we already knew that when he went into
alt.recovery.catholicism with a catechism, which is like
showing up at an AA meeting with a keg.
LOL!
--
Yours Truly, Sir Gregøry

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only
the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to
teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived."
--Henry David Thoreau
Yap Honghor
I can give you the answer: BORN FOOLS.
Yap Honghor
2020-02-22 03:35:47 UTC
Post by Andrew W
Garden of Eden absurdities.
There was a talking serpent in the Garden of Eden. Animals can't talk.
There were magic trees in the Garden, one which somehow gives you knowledge
of things or eternal life.
Why would Eve commit any sin if she was created with a perfect sinless
nature and had no apparent ambition or grievance? If she sinned it must
have been part of her nature, which God created.
Gosh, you sound like lucifer.
Who said Eve was created with a perfect sinless nature?
She was created as a human, flawed, with a free will.
Goodness, yet you believe in an omnipotent pixie...no wonder you are being created as a fool!!!!!!!!!
Post by Patrick B
She was given one rule, as a test.
So incapable to create perfect human?
And no one has complained that nature brought about perfect animals!!!!
Oko tillo
2020-02-22 08:06:58 UTC
Post by Andrew W
Garden of Eden absurdities.
There was a talking serpent in the Garden of Eden. Animals can't talk.
There were magic trees in the Garden, one which somehow gives you knowledge
of things or eternal life.
==
Post by Patrick B
Post by Andrew W
Why would Eve commit any sin if she was created with a perfect sinless
nature and had no apparent ambition or grievance? If she sinned it must
have been part of her nature, which God created.
Gosh, you sound like lucifer.
Who said Eve was created with a perfect sinless nature?
Are you suggesting your God intentionally designed a sinful nature into them
-- into us -- from the beginning?
Post by Patrick B
She was created as a human, flawed, with a free will.
So then that's a yes -- "created flawed".
What sort of supposedly all-benevolent being would intentionally do that?
Post by Patrick B
She was given one rule, as a test.
They were set up. The two were intentionally prevented from having any ability to
tell the difference between right and wrong -- that's the entire point of the myth --
and then they were gigged when they crossed a line that they both,
by your God's expressed design, were incapable of seeing.
Post by Patrick B
She screwed up, sinned, broke the rule,
As your God knew full well was going to happen, even before He created the
first atom. Knew perfectly, down to the last detail. And then set the farce
into action and sat back to watch it turn out precisely as He knew it was
going to. Watched the Serpent stroll into the Garden, listened as the Serpent said
the very words that God knew from the beginning of time that It was going
to whisper to Eve, watched as Eve responded precisely as He knew,
perfectly and in advance, that she was going to respond.

And then acted surprised and threw a cosmic hissy fit when it played out precisely as He
knew ahead of time, exactly, that it as going to.

Well, unless you think that He's not omniscient. That He was utterly surprised
at how it all turned out. Didn't see that coming, not for an instant.
Post by Patrick B
and then dragged adam into the
situation. She didn't want to be alone when she was found out.
I guess she was the typical woman, ... always looking for an excuse.
Really? You're saying that the First Father of all Mankind was some brainless
pussy-whipped nebbish utterly incapable of making even a single decision on his own?

Sounds like you were the one "looking for an excuse". For Adam.

Oko
Siri Cruise
2020-02-22 12:01:37 UTC
In article
Post by Oko tillo
Post by Patrick B
Who said Eve was created with a perfect sinless nature?
Are you suggesting your God intentionally designed a sinful nature into them
-- into us -- from the beginning?
Making decisions is not the same as making moral decisions. Young
children and dumb animalsare are constantly making decisions, but
morality is usually deemed a property of humans starting around
ten.

There's an alternative interpretation of Adam and Eve that it is
humanity's greatest success, not a failure at all. Taking the
story literally, people are created and the god wants them to be
agents of history, but that requires they be able to make moral
decisions. So Adam can make decisions; he is told not to that
apple, but he can anyway. So Eve bites the big one, and Adam has
to choose.

In this interpretation the failing choice would be to refuse to
eat it as well. He could then remain his god's pet, curled up
next to the fire, wanting nothing, accomplishing nothing. Or the
successful choice whereAdam takes up the responsibility, choose
to stand up to his god, and becoming a race of big damned heroes.
The god gets the heroes he wants because humans choose to be
heroes.
Post by Oko tillo
Post by Patrick B
and then dragged adam into the
situation. She didn't want to be alone when she was found out.
I guess she was the typical woman, ... always looking for an excuse.
Really? You're saying that the First Father of all Mankind was some brainless
pussy-whipped nebbish utterly incapable of making even a single decision on his own?
There is a counterargument:

https://cathstan.org/posts/why-is-original-sin-called-the-sin-of-a
dam-not-the-sin-of-adam-and-eve

Original sin is that first sin of Adam
and Eve in the Garden of Eden, committed
when they ate the forbidden fruit from
the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and
Evil. While it clearly involved them both,
Scripture and Tradition refer to it
formally as the 'Sin of Adam' not the
'Sin of Adam and Eve.' It is also
described as coming to us 'through one
man,' not 'through one man and one woman.'
Consider the following quotes from
Scripture and the Catechism of the
Catholic Church:
Again, why just Adam?
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
Andrew W
2020-03-21 02:54:39 UTC
Post by Andrew W
Garden of Eden absurdities.
There was a talking serpent in the Garden of Eden. Animals can't talk.
There were magic trees in the Garden, one which somehow gives you knowledge
of things or eternal life.
Why would Eve commit any sin if she was created with a perfect sinless
nature and had no apparent ambition or grievance? If she sinned it must
have been part of her nature, which God created.
Gosh, you sound like lucifer.
Ah so you know him.
Post by Patrick B
Who said Eve was created with a perfect sinless nature?
She was created with sin in her? How?
Post by Patrick B
She was created as a human, flawed, with a free will.
Free will does not create sin. Yet Christians keep claiming that it does. No
Christian to date has been able to explain where sin came from. Christianity
is clearly a scam to incriminate the whole of humanity based on nonsense old
stories.
Post by Patrick B
She was given one rule, as a test.
A God who knows the future does not need to test anything, let alone his
beloved children. Not even most humans are that low.
Post by Patrick B
She screwed up, sinned, broke the rule, and then dragged adam into the
situation.
Just one mistake? Were they given a second chance? No. That's in no way
fair.
The Garden of Eden story is a stupid simplistic story that someone long ago
made up and now only simple unthinking people believe.
Post by Patrick B
She didn't want to be alone when she was found out.
I guess she was the typical woman, ... always looking for an excuse.
chortle

d***@cox.net
2020-03-22 16:04:48 UTC
Post by Andrew W
Garden of Eden absurdities.
There was a talking serpent in the Garden of Eden. Animals can't talk.
There were magic trees in the Garden, one which somehow gives you knowledge
of things or eternal life.
Why would Eve commit any sin if she was created with a perfect sinless
nature and had no apparent ambition or grievance? If she sinned it must
have been part of her nature, which God created.
Gosh, you sound like lucifer.
Ah so you know him.
Yep, he one of you satanist posters.
Post by Andrew W
Post by Patrick B
Who said Eve was created with a perfect sinless nature?
She was created with sin in her? How?
Not "in her". She sins because the thinks it's ok.
Post by Andrew W
Post by Patrick B
She was created as a human, flawed, with a free will.
Free will does not create sin.
Then again we don't carry sins in a bag. A sin is an act of irresponsibility,
to reject God.
Post by Andrew W
Yet Christians keep claiming that it does. No
Christian to date has been able to explain where sin came from.
I can't tell you where. God said do not, you say you don't care, you sin.
Post by Andrew W
Post by Patrick B
She was given one rule, as a test.
A God who knows the future does not need to test anything, let alone his
beloved children. Not even most humans are that low.
She rejected God's direction to her..
Post by Andrew W
Post by Patrick B
She screwed up, sinned, broke the rule, and then dragged adam into the
situation.
Just one mistake? Were they given a second chance? No. That's in no way
fair.
Evil woe_man.
Post by Andrew W
The Garden of Eden story is a stupid simplistic story that someone long ago
made up and now only simple unthinking people believe.
God said "do not", Eve said "I'll decide". And so entered sin into man's world.
the dukester, American-American
Lucifer
2020-03-23 07:02:42 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Andrew W
Post by Patrick B
Who said Eve was created with a perfect sinless nature?
She was created with sin in her? How?
Not "in her". She sins because the thinks it's ok.
Why did God make Eve that way?
Why did God not correct his errors?
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Andrew W
Post by Patrick B
She was created as a human, flawed, with a free will.
Free will does not create sin.
Then again we don't carry sins in a bag. A sin is an act of irresponsibility,
to reject God.
Scammers like you need to be rejected.
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Andrew W
Yet Christians keep claiming that it does. No
Christian to date has been able to explain where sin came from.
I can't tell you where. God said do not, you say you don't care, you sin.
You don't care what harm you do.
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Andrew W
Post by Patrick B
She screwed up, sinned, broke the rule, and then dragged adam into the
situation.
Just one mistake? Were they given a second chance? No. That's in no way
fair.
Evil woe_man.
LOL. Duke has been rejected by every woman he molested.
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Andrew W
The Garden of Eden story is a stupid simplistic story that someone long ago
made up and now only simple unthinking people believe.
God said "do not", Eve said "I'll decide". And so entered sin into man's world.
Such a stupid God.
Andrew W
2020-03-23 08:29:29 UTC
Post by Andrew W
Garden of Eden absurdities.
There was a talking serpent in the Garden of Eden. Animals can't talk.
There were magic trees in the Garden, one which somehow gives you knowledge
of things or eternal life.
Why would Eve commit any sin if she was created with a perfect sinless
nature and had no apparent ambition or grievance? If she sinned it must
have been part of her nature, which God created.
Gosh, you sound like lucifer.
Ah so you know him.
Yep, he one of you satanist posters.
Here we have a certified paranoid kook!
Post by Andrew W
Post by Patrick B
Who said Eve was created with a perfect sinless nature?
She was created with sin in her? How?
Not "in her". She sins because the thinks it's ok.
Who taught her how to think? The teacher is the problem.
Post by Andrew W
Post by Patrick B
She was created as a human, flawed, with a free will.
Free will does not create sin.
Then again we don't carry sins in a bag. A sin is an act of
irresponsibility,
to reject God.
Or it's just a silly mistake. The Bible defines sin as error.
Post by Andrew W
Yet Christians keep claiming that it does. No
Christian to date has been able to explain where sin came from.
I can't tell you where. God said do not, you say you don't care, you sin.
Is that the best you can do? You prove yet again that you know next to
nothing about this subject.
Post by Andrew W
Post by Patrick B
She was given one rule, as a test.
A God who knows the future does not need to test anything, let alone his
beloved children. Not even most humans are that low.
She rejected God's direction to her..
The story is simplistic, barbaric and stupid. It can't be used to condemn to
the whole human race. You believe in the ridiculous.
Post by Andrew W
Post by Patrick B
She screwed up, sinned, broke the rule, and then dragged adam into the
situation.
Just one mistake? Were they given a second chance? No. That's in no way
fair.
Evil woe_man.
What kind of a deranged answer is that?
Post by Andrew W
The Garden of Eden story is a stupid simplistic story that someone long ago
made up and now only simple unthinking people believe.
God said "do not", Eve said "I'll decide". And so entered sin into man's world.
Now the truth comes out. This god never wanted to have anyone who can decide
anything for themselves. If humans can't decide anything then what are they?
Answer: Robots.
You like being a controlled robot and you think everyone else should be
also.

Malcolm McMahon
Well, before chowing down on the "Fruit of knowledge of good or evil" how would she have know what sin or evil or punishment was? And so why wouldn't she have followed whatever impulses came to her? Without that pesky morality thing she'd have been an animal. This seems to have been the first time God said "Bad Dog".
Siri Cruise
2020-02-21 13:37:08 UTC
In article
Post by Malcolm McMahon
Post by Andrew W
Garden of Eden absurdities.
There was a talking serpent in the Garden of Eden. Animals can't talk.
There were magic trees in the Garden, one which somehow gives you knowledge
of things or eternal life.
Why would Eve commit any sin if she was created with a perfect sinless
nature and had no apparent ambition or grievance? If she sinned it must
have been part of her nature, which God created.
Well, before chowing down on the "Fruit of knowledge of good or evil" how
would she have know what sin or evil or punishment was? And so why wouldn't
she have followed whatever impulses came to her? Without that pesky morality
thing she'd have been an animal. This seems to have been the first time God
said "Bad Dog".
That's why the blame is on Adam not Eve. Adam had been instructed
not to eat if the trees, but Eve had not.
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
How, without a knowledge of good or evil, was he supposed to know that disobedience was bad?
Siri Cruise
2020-02-21 15:21:17 UTC
In article
Post by Malcolm McMahon
Post by Siri Cruise
In article
Post by Malcolm McMahon
Post by Andrew W
[...]
Perhaps the story should not be assumed to be literally true.
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
I take it as a metaphor for the transition from animal to human, and the consequence burden of civilisation. But that's just me.
Yap Honghor
2020-02-22 03:49:50 UTC
Post by Siri Cruise
In article
Post by Malcolm McMahon
Post by Siri Cruise
In article
Post by Malcolm McMahon
Post by Andrew W
[...]
You should not think too highly of the fools....they are all born without proper brain functions!!!!!!!!!
Post by Siri Cruise
--
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
As I have said, a new born is instructed not to eat solid food....
LinuxGal
2020-02-21 17:31:40 UTC
Post by Siri Cruise
In article
Post by Malcolm McMahon
Well, before chowing down on the "Fruit of knowledge of good or evil" how
would she have know what sin or evil or punishment was? And so why wouldn't
she have followed whatever impulses came to her? Without that pesky morality
thing she'd have been an animal. This seems to have been the first time God
said "Bad Dog".
That's why the blame is on Adam not Eve. Adam had been instructed
not to eat if the trees, but Eve had not.
Christians don't even read their own scriptures.

Genesis 3

2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the
fruit of the trees of the garden:

3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of
the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither
shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
--
I have spoken.

https://twitter.com/LinuxGal
Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
2020-02-21 17:55:31 UTC
Post by LinuxGal
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Malcolm McMahon
Well, before chowing down on the "Fruit of knowledge of good or evil" how
would she have know what sin or evil or punishment was? And so why wouldn't
she have followed whatever impulses came to her? Without that pesky morality
thing she'd have been an animal. This seems to have been the first time God
said "Bad Dog".
That's why the blame is on Adam not Eve. Adam had been instructed
not to eat if the trees, but Eve had not.
Christians don't even read their own scriptures.
Siri is an atheist and a waste of words...
Post by LinuxGal
Genesis 3
2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the
3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of
the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither
shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
Excellent smackdown, LG. Keep up the yoeman's
work.

Kevrob
2020-02-21 18:24:49 UTC
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by LinuxGal
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Malcolm McMahon
Well, before chowing down on the "Fruit of knowledge of good or evil" how
would she have know what sin or evil or punishment was? And so why wouldn't
she have followed whatever impulses came to her? Without that pesky morality
thing she'd have been an animal. This seems to have been the first time God
said "Bad Dog".
That's why the blame is on Adam not Eve. Adam had been instructed
not to eat if the trees, but Eve had not.
Christians don't even read their own scriptures.
Siri is an atheist and a waste of words...
I thought she was a devotee of Zen Discordianism.
23 skidoo!
2020-02-22 12:28:56 UTC
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by LinuxGal
Christians don't even read their own scriptures.
Siri is an atheist and a waste of words...
I thought she was a devotee of Zen Discordianism.
23 skidoo!
You must be older than I thought--I have not seen that expression in
decades!
2020-02-22 13:07:36 UTC
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by LinuxGal
Christians don't even read their own scriptures.
Siri is an atheist and a waste of words...
I thought she was a devotee of Zen Discordianism.
23 skidoo!
You must be older than I thought--I have not seen that expression in
decades!
https://43-mansquamish.weebly.com/
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
2020-02-25 19:23:18 UTC
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by LinuxGal
Christians don't even read their own scriptures.
Siri is an atheist and a waste of words...
I thought she was a devotee of Zen Discordianism.
23 skidoo!
You must be older than I thought--I have not seen that expression in
decades!
I used to watch a lot of old movies as a kid, and my
parents never missed "The Lawrence Welk Show." I must
have picked up that piece of pre-Jazz Age slang from that,
or from my reading. But further down, I will reveal more.
Post by Siri Cruise
https://43-mansquamish.weebly.com/
[quote]

A letter from the Athletic Committee of Marquette University
reported that three of its Squamish players had been suspended
for "sportsmanlike conduct."

[/quote]

Go, Warriors!

The "23 enigma" is a Discordian theme.

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/23_enigma

I have read my Shea and Wilson.

2020-02-25 20:15:47 UTC

https://www.trueorbetter.com/2018/04/43-man-squamish-innovation-in-athletics.html

Go, Warriors!
Don Martin
2020-02-26 11:35:43 UTC
[quote]
A letter from the Athletic Committee of Marquette University
reported that three of its Squamish players had been suspended
for "sportsmanlike conduct."
[/quote]
https://www.trueorbetter.com/2018/04/43-man-squamish-innovation-in-athletics.html
I am a quidditch fan, myself.
2020-02-22 13:30:57 UTC
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by LinuxGal
Christians don't even read their own scriptures.
Siri is an atheist and a waste of words...
I thought she was a devotee of Zen Discordianism.
23 skidoo!
You must be older than I thought--I have not seen that expression in
decades!
Kevrob is the bees' knees, old sport!
--
I have spoken.

2020-02-22 16:32:30 UTC
In article
Post by LinuxGal
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by LinuxGal
Christians don't even read their own scriptures.
Siri is an atheist and a waste of words...
I thought she was a devotee of Zen Discordianism.
23 skidoo!
You must be older than I thought--I have not seen that expression in
decades!
Kevrob is the bees' knees, old sport!
Why does the poor rich bird laser eggs in the heir?
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
2020-02-22 03:46:03 UTC
Post by Siri Cruise
In article
Post by Malcolm McMahon
Post by Andrew W
Garden of Eden absurdities.
There was a talking serpent in the Garden of Eden. Animals can't talk.
There were magic trees in the Garden, one which somehow gives you knowledge
of things or eternal life.
Why would Eve commit any sin if she was created with a perfect sinless
nature and had no apparent ambition or grievance? If she sinned it must
have been part of her nature, which God created.
Well, before chowing down on the "Fruit of knowledge of good or evil" how
would she have know what sin or evil or punishment was? And so why wouldn't
she have followed whatever impulses came to her? Without that pesky morality
thing she'd have been an animal. This seems to have been the first time God
said "Bad Dog".
That's why the blame is on Adam not Eve. Adam had been instructed
not to eat if the trees, but Eve had not.
Hmmmm, the same way as a new born baby instructed not to eat potato chips...?
Speechless!
Post by Siri Cruise
--
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
2020-02-22 04:17:11 UTC
On Fri, 21 Feb 2020 19:46:03 -0800 (PST), Yap Honghor
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Malcolm McMahon
Post by Andrew W
nature and had no apparent ambition or grievance? If she sinned it must
have been part of her nature, which God created.
Well, before chowing down on the "Fruit of knowledge of good or evil" how
would she have know what sin or evil or punishment was? And so why wouldn't
she have followed whatever impulses came to her? Without that pesky morality
thing she'd have been an animal. This seems to have been the first time God
said "Bad Dog".
That's why the blame is on Adam not Eve. Adam had been instructed
not to eat if the trees, but Eve had not.
Hmmmm, the same way as a new born baby instructed not to eat potato chips...?
Speechless!
True. I told that baby not to eat potato chips, but he did anyway
(because, after all, he does have a free will) so I had to kick the
little bastard out of my house and declare a curse on him and his
progeny for all eternity, the little prick.

That'll teach him. ... BUT later on I might decide to have my only
son tortured and killed. Cuz that would be the only way I can forgive
the little potato chip eating fucker. Makes sense to me, anyhow.

You agree?
Siri Cruise
2020-02-22 07:25:34 UTC
True. I told that baby not to eat potato chips, but he did anyway
(because, after all, he does have a free will) so I had to kick the
little bastard out of my house and declare a curse on him and his
progeny for all eternity, the little prick.
The usual interpretation is of hunter-gatherers giving up the
freedom of that life (which came with the freedom to starve when
the weather went bad for a summer), to become pastoralists,
farmers, and artistans responsible for animals and other people.

I see it as an individual's progress from the freedom of
infantile omnipotence to a responsible adult with knowledge of
morality and mortality.
Post by Ted
That'll teach him. ... BUT later on I might decide to have my only
son tortured and killed. Cuz that would be the only way I can forgive
the little potato chip eating fucker. Makes sense to me, anyhow.
People can argue whether Moses existed, but the stories do exist
and have power. One of the things you can do when eating an
animal is break its limb bones to get the marrow. However in the
stories of Moses is the Passover meal and the specific
prohibition on breaking its bones. And in the crucifixion stories
the legs of the thieves are broken, but not Jesus's. That and the
timing to coincide with Passover makes it obvious that intent is
to make Jesus the Passover human instead of the Passover lamb.

'Why is this night different from all other nights?'
'Because tonight we are free.'

In Exodus Passover celebrates that the blood of lambs protects
people from Death, and that the death that comes will free the
hebrews. Also elsewhere there is a great deal of emphasis that
blood of animals and humans is sacred.

When you understand all this you can why the manner and timing of
execution of the god who came to dinner is a critical climax of
the story. It doesn't explain _how_, the mechanism, this is
supposed to work, but the story is about more than mere potato
chips.

(http://www.freechristianteaching.tv/the-ark-of-the-covenant/human
-blood-found-dripping-from-the-ceiling-of-jeremiah-s-grotto-onto-t
he-left-or-western-side-of-the-mercy-seat)
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
2020-02-22 08:55:37 UTC
Post by Ted
[...]
You put too much of your brain into a con story which is sacred only to the Jews. If one needs, he can interpret any story, real or factual, into something or direction he prefers!

Unless the story has implication of teaching good or morality to this world, I say it is only for the Jews to embrace or value. Apart from the Western believers, the story has no meaning in other parts of the world...
Thanks Siri.
Atlatl Axolotl

AA
Ted
2020-02-22 10:15:57 UTC
On Fri, 21 Feb 2020 23:35:38 -0800 (PST), Atlatl Axolotl
Post by Atlatl Axolotl
Post by Ted
On Fri, 21 Feb 2020 19:46:03 -0800 (PST), Yap Honghor
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Siri Cruise
In article
Post by Malcolm McMahon
Post by Andrew W
Garden of Eden absurdities.
There was a talking serpent in the Garden of Eden.
Animals
Post by Atlatl Axolotl
Post by Ted
can't talk.
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Yap Honghor
Speechless!
True. I told that baby not to eat potato chips, but he did anyway
(because, after all, he does have a free will) so I had to kick the
little bastard out of my house and declare a curse on him and his
progeny for all eternity, the little prick.
That'll teach him. ... BUT later on I might decide to have my only
son tortured and killed. Cuz that would be the only way I can forgive
the little potato chip eating fucker. Makes sense to me, anyhow.
You agree?
Exactly.
AA
Blessed art thou, Atlatl Axolotl,: for flesh and blood hath not
revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Yap Honghor
Yes, I am with you...
Andrew W
2020-03-21 03:09:58 UTC
Post by Yap Honghor
Speechless!
True. I told that baby not to eat potato chips, but he did anyway (because,
after all, he does have a free will) so I had to kick the little bastard
out of my house and declare a curse on him and his progeny for all
eternity, the little prick.
That'll teach him. ... BUT later on I might decide to have my only son
tortured and killed. Cuz that would be the only way I can forgive the
little potato chip eating fucker. Makes sense to me, anyhow.
You agree?
That's a very good demonstration of the stupid lunacy in the Christian
Bible!

It's unbelievable that so many people still believe themselves to be cosmic
criminals because of it.

d***@cox.net
2020-03-22 15:18:56 UTC
Post by Andrew W
Post by Yap Honghor
Speechless!
True. I told that baby not to eat potato chips, but he did anyway (because,
after all, he does have a free will) so I had to kick the little bastard
out of my house and declare a curse on him and his progeny for all
eternity, the little prick.
That'll teach him. ... BUT later on I might decide to have my only son
tortured and killed. Cuz that would be the only way I can forgive the
little potato chip eating fucker. Makes sense to me, anyhow.
You agree?
That's a very good demonstration of the stupid lunacy in the Christian
Bible!
You would let a pagan teach you falsehoods about scripture.
Post by Andrew W
It's unbelievable that so many people still believe themselves to be cosmic
criminals because of it.
No, not becasue of it, but it's in our blood. Oh, and that's your blood too.
the dukester, American-American
MyNews Hot-Text
2020-03-19 20:31:55 UTC
"Andrew W" wrote in message news:r2nft4$adq$***@dont-email.me...

| Garden of Eden absurdities.

Seer 2:1 The Life Word..
(Updated Interpretation).
By: Billy Ray Adopted©2020AD..
Time In Motion Tick Talk Go The Clock

| There was a talking serpent
| in the Garden of Eden.
| Animals can't talk.

All Animals Talk
Other Languages

Unknown By Humans Is IT
How To Quickly Translate
The Words Unto
A Full Undersanding
Is The Key Of Talking

The Serpent Was Name
For The Hissing Sound
That The Snake Makes
When Talking

| There were magic trees in the Garden,
| one which somehow gives you knowledge
| of things or eternal life.

The Trees Or Not Draíocht
<
https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/the-meaning-of/irish-word-4e72658b09d03dcd4c8b3d6b5f26e276112ad55c.html >

What If God Eat IT
And Get The knowledge First Hand
Say He Eat The Tree
Of Eternal Life Too

And Had The Lay Down And Ended
His Work And Rested For A Day

God Instruct The Male
That He Made
At The Beginning Of The Day

Not Eat Of The Tree
Of The Knowledge
Of Good And Evil

On The Day The Virus
That You Eat Thereof
You Will Surely Die

And At The End
Of The Six Day
God Made Female
For He School Not The Woman
For That Was The Man Job
On The Seventh Day He Rested On

| Why would Eve commit any sin
| if she was created with a perfect sinless nature
| and had no apparent ambition or grievance?
| If she sinned it must have been part of her nature,
| which God created.

No One Is Created Perfect
God Like Zero Is Perfect
For They Are Not Created

Knowledge Of Good
And Evil Is Not Part Of Nature
Sin Taught By The Evil Ones

| So it is at least partly his fault
| or extension because he's the source of everything.

God Say Give No Credit The Evil One

| The free choice/will doctrine doesn't work
| because God is a free will individual

Freewill Is Not Of God
On The Day
That You Eat Thereof
You Will Surely Die

| who apparently never sins as it is against his nature,
| so free choice/will alone is not a sufficient condition
| or cause for sin and rebellion, let alone suddenly turning evil.

Freewill Is Rebellion
Against The Natue Of God

| Eve would not have sinned unless
| she was created with a sinful nature, and
| she wouldn't acquire a sinful nature
because she wouldn't have sinned in the first place.

She Did Not Sin In The First Place
It Was The Teachers To Sin First
God Taught Her Not Therefore He Sin Not

| No matter how you square it,
| God is the source of errors (sin)
because everything including 'nature' came from him,
| there's no other source.

Successfully God The Source
What Is It And How To Fix Or Charge It

| Tendencies/desires etc. are either acquired through living,
| or must be inputted from a source.
| There's no other way.
| Human children acquire these either from their parents,
| or by influence from piers, or school.
| This severely limits Adam and Eve's options.

As Children Adam and Eve Had No Piers

| Teaching these values
| along with teaching resistance to bad influences
| were God's responsibilities. Where was he?

God Instruct The Male
Not Eat Of The Tree
Of The Knowledge
Of Good And Evil

| These should also logically apply to Satan
| who could not have rebelled against God
| solely because he had the "free choice/will" to do so

And It Was Not His Choice To Have Freewill

| but must have done so because of his sinful nature,
| which came from where exactly?
|
| Alternatively, God can be blamed
| for having a pair of creations with the naivety of a child
| as can be deduced from the above points,
| unless the snake got a lucky roll on its Diplomacy check.
| Again, where was the Father/teacher/role model to make all this unfold
properly?

From Birth To Death
One Is Taught
To Empty The Trash
The Father Role Say Mother

| This doctrine, combined with the Crucifixion,
| means that the central tenet of Christianity amounts to
| - God demanded a human sacrifice to allow himself to forgive us
| for something we weren't responsible for
| because of his bad planning and lack of foresight.
| And apparently we're not even sovereign beings,

God Demanded A No Sacrifice
Mt 12:7
But if ye had known what meaneth,
I will have mercy,
and not sacrifice,
ye would not have condemned the guiltless.

1C 10:20
But I , that the things
which the Gentiles sacrifice,
they sacrifice to devils,
and not to God:
and I would not that ye should
have fellowship with devils.

| so why condemn mere peons to eternal torture
| as if we're all sovereign and responsible
| at least for a reasonable portion of creation?
| It makes no sense.

They Condemn Themselfs To Eternal Torture
For God Give Them A Way Out

| But maybe this was all planned by an evil god
| of this world pretending to be the Creator of all.

Whisper Words Of Wisdom
You Know It Was God
Who Creator The Good
And Evil Gods First

| That makes a lot of sense with all the horrible suffering
| and death of innocents that has happened for millennia,
| plus how well things have been going
| for the evil ones in this world.

Ob-la-di ob-la-da,
life goes on

| Evil gets more privileges and resources in this world
| than the innocent and needy.
| That virtually proves it.

bra La la
how the life goes on

%
2020-03-19 20:38:43 UTC
Post by MyNews Hot-Text

| Garden of Eden absurdities.
Seer 2:1 The Life Word..
(Updated Interpretation).
By: Billy Ray Adopted©2020AD..
Time In Motion Tick Talk Go The Clock
| There was a talking serpent
| in the Garden of Eden.
| Animals can't talk.
All Animals Talk
Other Languages
Unknown By Humans Is IT
How To Quickly Translate
The Words Unto
A Full Undersanding
Is The Key Of Talking
The Serpent Was Name
For The Hissing Sound
That The Snake Makes
When Talking
| There were magic trees in the Garden,
| one which somehow gives you knowledge
| of things or eternal life.
The Trees Or Not Draíocht
<
> [...]
As Children Adam and Eve Had No Piers
| Teaching these values
| along with teaching resistance to bad influences
| were God's responsibilities. Where was he?
God Instruct The Male
Not Eat Of The Tree
Of The Knowledge
Of Good And Evil
| These should also logically apply to Satan
| who could not have rebelled against God
| solely because he had the "free choice/will" to do so
And It Was Not His Choice To Have Freewill
| but must have done so because of his sinful nature,
| which came from where exactly?
|
| Alternatively, God can be blamed
| for having a pair of creations with the naivety of a child
| as can be deduced from the above points,
| unless the snake got a lucky roll on its Diplomacy check.
| Again, where was the Father/teacher/role model to make all this unfold
From Birth To Death
One Is Taught
To Empty The Trash
The Father Role Say Mother
| This doctrine, combined with the Crucifixion,
| means that the central tenet of Christianity amounts to
| - God demanded a human sacrifice to allow himself to forgive us
| for something we weren't responsible for
| because of his bad planning and lack of foresight.
| And apparently we're not even sovereign beings,
God Demanded A No Sacrifice
Mt 12:7
But if ye had known what meaneth,
I will have mercy,
and not sacrifice,
ye would not have condemned the guiltless.
1C 10:20
But I , that the things
which the Gentiles sacrifice,
they sacrifice to devils,
and I would not that ye should
have fellowship with devils.
| so why condemn mere peons to eternal torture
| as if we're all sovereign and responsible
| at least for a reasonable portion of creation?
| It makes no sense.
They Condemn Themselfs To Eternal Torture
For God Give Them A Way Out
| But maybe this was all planned by an evil god
| of this world pretending to be the Creator of all.
Whisper Words Of Wisdom
You Know It Was God
Who Creator The Good
And Evil Gods First
| That makes a lot of sense with all the horrible suffering
| and death of innocents that has happened for millennia,
| plus how well things have been going
| for the evil ones in this world.
Ob-la-di ob-la-da,
life goes on
| Evil gets more privileges and resources in this world
| than the innocent and needy.
| That virtually proves it.
bra La la
how the life goes on

no
Andrew W
2020-03-21 02:40:26 UTC
Post by MyNews Hot-Text

| Garden of Eden absurdities.
Seer 2:1 The Life Word..
(Updated Interpretation).
By: Billy Ray Adopted©2020AD..
Time In Motion Tick Talk Go The Clock
| There was a talking serpent
| in the Garden of Eden.
| Animals can't talk.
All Animals Talk
Other Languages
Bahaha!
Post by MyNews Hot-Text
Unknown By Humans Is IT
How To Quickly Translate
The Words Unto
A Full Undersanding
Is The Key Of Talking
The Serpent Was Name
For The Hissing Sound
That The Snake Makes
When Talking
Bahaha!

d***@cox.net
2020-03-20 13:35:02 UTC
Post by Andrew W
Garden of Eden absurdities.
There was a talking serpent in the Garden of Eden. Animals can't talk.
Adam and Eve had a better imagination than you do.
2020-03-21 09:27:25 UTC
So, you actually reckoned the talking serpent was an imagination????
Christopher A. Lee
2020-03-21 09:45:02 UTC
On Sat, 21 Mar 2020 02:27:25 -0700 (PDT), Yap Honghor
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Andrew W
Garden of Eden absurdities.
There was a talking serpent in the Garden of Eden. Animals can't talk.
Adam and Eve had a better imagination than you do.
So, you actually reckoned the talking serpent was an imagination????
Even though Fatso the Beached Whale is at the fundie end of the RCC,
they're not literalist although many of the rank and file are..
d***@cox.net
2020-03-21 16:44:23 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Andrew W
Garden of Eden absurdities.
There was a talking serpent in the Garden of Eden. Animals can't talk.
Adam and Eve had a better imagination than you do.
So, you actually reckoned the talking serpent was an imagination????
A story about sin and it's origin.
2020-03-21 16:54:19 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Yap Honghor
So, you actually reckoned the talking serpent was an imagination????
A story about sin and it's origin.
I get it. Another little white lie.
--
I have spoken.

2020-03-22 01:03:04 UTC
Post by LinuxGal
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Yap Honghor
So, you actually reckoned the talking serpent was an imagination????
A story about sin and it's origin.
I get it. Another little white lie.
White lie? It is a criminal lie....
Post by LinuxGal
--
I have spoken.
https://twitter.com/LinuxGal
d***@cox.net
2020-03-22 15:22:07 UTC
Post by LinuxGal
Post by LinuxGal
--
I have spoken.
Would you say the same thing with CV19 at your door?
2020-03-22 15:23:45 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by LinuxGal
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Yap Honghor
So, you actually reckoned the talking serpent was an imagination????
A story about sin and it's origin.
I get it. Another little white lie.
White lie? It is a criminal lie....
Would you say the same thing with CV19 at your door?
When the JWs and Mormons show up tell 'em to sod off.
--
I have spoken.

https://twitter.com/LinuxGal
d***@cox.net
That is the punishment from your pixie for you?
d***@cox.net
2020-03-23 15:47:21 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by LinuxGal
Post by LinuxGal
--
I have spoken.
Would you say the same thing with CV19 at your door?
What about it?
That is the punishment from your pixie for you?
You're just confirming that you are either too immature or too uneducated to
understand who God is.
2020-03-23 18:17:18 UTC
On Mon, 23 Mar 2020 00:33:48 -0700 (PDT), Yap Honghor
Post by Yap Honghor
On Sat, 21 Mar 2020 18:03:04 -0700 (PDT), Yap Honghor
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by LinuxGal
--
I have spoken.
Would you say the same thing with CV19 at your door?
What about it?
That is the punishment from your pixie for you?
You're just confirming that you are either too immature or too
uneducated to understand who God is.
God is both Morgan Freeman and Alanis
Morrisette, but I prefer the George Burns
version myself.
Yap Honghor
2020-03-24 01:09:31 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by LinuxGal
Post by LinuxGal
--
I have spoken.
Would you say the same thing with CV19 at your door?
What about it?
That is the punishment from your pixie for you?
You're just confirming that you are either too immature or too uneducated to
understand who God is.
There is no fucking pixie to be "what it is"!
You are too loony and too worry about its non-existence.....
d***@cox.net
2020-03-24 16:50:11 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by LinuxGal
Post by LinuxGal
--
I have spoken.
Would you say the same thing with CV19 at your door?
What about it?
That is the punishment from your pixie for you?
You're just confirming that you are either too immature or too uneducated to
understand who God is.
There is no fucking pixie to be "what it is"!
You are too loony and too worry about its non-existence.....
I wonder what this pinhead is trying to say.
the dukester, American-American
Lucifer
2020-03-24 03:37:30 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by LinuxGal
Post by LinuxGal
--
I have spoken.
Would you say the same thing with CV19 at your door?
What about it?
That is the punishment from your pixie for you?
You're just confirming that you are either too immature or too uneducated to
understand who God is.
Who do you say God is?
d***@cox.net
the dukester, American-American
d***@cox.net
2020-03-22 15:20:21 UTC
Post by LinuxGal
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Yap Honghor
So, you actually reckoned the talking serpent was an imagination????
A story about sin and it's origin.
I get it. Another little white lie.
From my Catholic Study bible, intro to Genesis
The time period of Genesis 1-11 takes us back to the very beginning of all
things. It must never be forgotten, however, that Genesis 1-11 are not a
scientific accounting of the beginning of the universe or of life. They are
Israel's faith statement of God's activity in the origins of the universe and of
mankind. These chapters use simple language which has been adapted to the
mentality of a particular people in a particular culture. The chapters state
the principle truths which are fundamental for our salvation, and give a popular
description of how the human race and the chosen people began.
2020-03-22 15:59:57 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Yap Honghor
So, you actually reckoned the talking serpent was an
imagination????
A story about sin and it's origin.
I get it. Another little white lie.
From my Catholic Study bible, intro to Genesis
The time period of Genesis 1-11 takes us back to the very beginning of
all things. It must never be forgotten, however, that Genesis 1-11 are
not a scientific accounting of the beginning of the universe or of
life. They are Israel's faith statement of God's activity in the
origins of the universe and of mankind. These chapters use simple
language which has been adapted to the mentality of a particular
people in a particular culture. The chapters state the principle
truths which are fundamental for our salvation, and give a popular
description of how the human race and the chosen people began. the
dukester, American-American
Obvious lies are now defended as "faith statements"?
d***@cox.net
2020-03-23 15:48:50 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Yap Honghor
So, you actually reckoned the talking serpent was an
imagination????
A story about sin and it's origin.
I get it. Another little white lie.
From my Catholic Study bible, intro to Genesis
The time period of Genesis 1-11 takes us back to the very beginning of
all things. It must never be forgotten, however, that Genesis 1-11 are
not a scientific accounting of the beginning of the universe or of
life. They are Israel's faith statement of God's activity in the
origins of the universe and of mankind. These chapters use simple
language which has been adapted to the mentality of a particular
people in a particular culture. The chapters state the principle
truths which are fundamental for our salvation, and give a popular
description of how the human race and the chosen people began. the
dukester, American-American
Obvious lies are now defended as "faith statements"?
I'll just assume you were an accident.
2020-03-23 18:14:02 UTC
On Sun, 22 Mar 2020 10:59:57 -0500, Mitchell Holman
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Yap Honghor
So, you actually reckoned the talking serpent was an
imagination????
A story about sin and it's origin.
I get it. Another little white lie.
From my Catholic Study bible, intro to Genesis
The time period of Genesis 1-11 takes us back to the very beginning
of all things. It must never be forgotten, however, that Genesis
1-11 are not a scientific accounting of the beginning of the
universe or of life. They are Israel's faith statement of God's
activity in the origins of the universe and of mankind. These
chapters use simple language which has been adapted to the mentality
of a particular people in a particular culture. The chapters state
the principle truths which are fundamental for our salvation, and
give a popular description of how the human race and the chosen
people began. the dukester, American-American
I'll just assume you never read your Bible.
Yap Honghor
2020-03-24 01:10:37 UTC
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Yap Honghor
So, you actually reckoned the talking serpent was an
imagination????
A story about sin and it's origin.
I get it. Another little white lie.
From my Catholic Study bible, intro to Genesis
The time period of Genesis 1-11 takes us back to the very beginning
of all things. It must never be forgotten, however, that Genesis
1-11 are not a scientific accounting of the beginning of the
universe or of life. They are Israel's faith statement of God's
activity in the origins of the universe and of mankind. These
chapters use simple language which has been adapted to the mentality
of a particular people in a particular culture. The chapters state
the principle truths which are fundamental for our salvation, and
give a popular description of how the human race and the chosen
people began. the dukester, American-American
Obvious lies are now defended as "faith statements"?
I'll just assume you were an accident.
I'll just assume you never read your Bible.
He can cherry pick or twist and turn....
That is the way religious idiots do!
Mitchell Holman
2020-03-24 01:29:08 UTC
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Yap Honghor
So, you actually reckoned the talking serpent was an
imagination????
A story about sin and it's origin.
I get it. Another little white lie.
From my Catholic Study bible, intro to Genesis
Post by d***@cox.net
of all things. It must never be forgotten, however, that Genesis
1-11 are not a scientific accounting of the beginning of the
universe or of life. They are Israel's faith statement of God's
activity in the origins of the universe and of mankind. These
chapters use simple language which has been adapted to the mentality
of a particular people in a particular culture. The chapters state
the principle truths which are fundamental for our salvation, and
give a popular description of how the human race and the chosen
people began. the dukester, American-American
Obvious lies are now defended as "faith statements"?
I'll just assume you were an accident.
I'll just assume you never read your Bible.
He can cherry pick or twist and turn....
That is the way religious idiots do!
He only believes what his pedophile priest
tells him to believe.
d***@cox.net
2020-03-24 17:07:50 UTC
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Yap Honghor
So, you actually reckoned the talking serpent was an
imagination????
A story about sin and it's origin.
I get it. Another little white lie.
From my Catholic Study bible, intro to Genesis
Post by d***@cox.net
the principle truths which are fundamental for our salvation, and
give a popular description of how the human race and the chosen
people began. the dukester, American-American
Obvious lies are now defended as "faith statements"?
I'll just assume you were an accident.
I'll just assume you never read your Bible.
He can cherry pick or twist and turn....
That is the way religious idiots do!
He only believes what his pedophile priest
tells him to believe.
Have you been baptized.
the dukester, American-American
d***@cox.net
2020-03-24 17:05:57 UTC
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Yap Honghor
So, you actually reckoned the talking serpent was an
imagination????
A story about sin and it's origin.
I get it. Another little white lie.
From my Catholic Study bible, intro to Genesis
The time period of Genesis 1-11 takes us back to the very beginning
of all things. It must never be forgotten, however, that Genesis
1-11 are not a scientific accounting of the beginning of the
universe or of life. They are Israel's faith statement of God's
activity in the origins of the universe and of mankind. These
chapters use simple language which has been adapted to the mentality
of a particular people in a particular culture. The chapters state
the principle truths which are fundamental for our salvation, and
give a popular description of how the human race and the chosen
people began. the dukester, American-American
Obvious lies are now defended as "faith statements"?
I'll just assume you were an accident.
I'll just assume you never read your Bible.
Bad assumption. But here's the beauty of it.

The bible, as a bible, only has so many spiritual points to make. A lot of it
is conflicts and actions that has little to no spiritual value. Right off, the
OT is set aside by the NT. Prots dig the OT. We Catholics the NT. Now every
Mass world wide presents some many thousands of inportant lessons from God. And
these are essentially repeated every 3 years in the Holy Mass, some changes to
other verses of equal importance..

Thus the more we attend Mass, the more we receive the professions of the Lord
Jesus Christ, Son of God become flesh.

If you are interested in reading about Noah flood, go for it. It's has great
value to us Catholics as a backdrop to the NT, but prots think the "Moah struck
the water and it separated" is the point..

What spiritual value for a prot? But he keeps reading it. Never to see much in
the NT and Jesus.
the dukester, American-American
Lucifer
2020-03-24 03:38:43 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Yap Honghor
So, you actually reckoned the talking serpent was an
imagination????
A story about sin and it's origin.
I get it. Another little white lie.
From my Catholic Study bible, intro to Genesis
The time period of Genesis 1-11 takes us back to the very beginning of
all things. It must never be forgotten, however, that Genesis 1-11 are
not a scientific accounting of the beginning of the universe or of
life. They are Israel's faith statement of God's activity in the
origins of the universe and of mankind. These chapters use simple
language which has been adapted to the mentality of a particular
people in a particular culture. The chapters state the principle
truths which are fundamental for our salvation, and give a popular
description of how the human race and the chosen people began. the
dukester, American-American
Obvious lies are now defended as "faith statements"?
I'll just assume you were an accident.
God does not deal in accidents.
d***@cox.net
2020-03-24 15:04:43 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Yap Honghor
So, you actually reckoned the talking serpent was an
imagination????
A story about sin and it's origin.
I get it. Another little white lie.
From my Catholic Study bible, intro to Genesis
The time period of Genesis 1-11 takes us back to the very beginning of
all things. It must never be forgotten, however, that Genesis 1-11 are
not a scientific accounting of the beginning of the universe or of
life. They are Israel's faith statement of God's activity in the
origins of the universe and of mankind. These chapters use simple
language which has been adapted to the mentality of a particular
people in a particular culture. The chapters state the principle
truths which are fundamental for our salvation, and give a popular
description of how the human race and the chosen people began. the
dukester, American-American
Obvious lies are now defended as "faith statements"?
Yes, you are an obvious lie.
the dukester, American-American
d***@cox.net
2020-03-24 15:05:09 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Yap Honghor
So, you actually reckoned the talking serpent was an
imagination????
A story about sin and it's origin.
I get it. Another little white lie.
From my Catholic Study bible, intro to Genesis
The time period of Genesis 1-11 takes us back to the very beginning of
all things. It must never be forgotten, however, that Genesis 1-11 are
not a scientific accounting of the beginning of the universe or of
life. They are Israel's faith statement of God's activity in the
origins of the universe and of mankind. These chapters use simple
language which has been adapted to the mentality of a particular
people in a particular culture. The chapters state the principle
truths which are fundamental for our salvation, and give a popular
description of how the human race and the chosen people began. the
dukester, American-American
Obvious lies are now defended as "faith statements"?
Yes, I have full faith that you are just a bot.
the dukester, American-American
Andrew W
2020-03-21 22:10:06 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Andrew W
Garden of Eden absurdities.
There was a talking serpent in the Garden of Eden. Animals can't talk.
Adam and Eve had a better imagination than you do.
So, you actually reckoned the talking serpent was an imagination????
A story about sin and it's origin.
You believe stories? It seems you just believe any story. And be more
careful how you use your imagination.

d***@cox.net
2020-03-22 15:24:11 UTC
Post by Andrew W
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Andrew W
Garden of Eden absurdities.
There was a talking serpent in the Garden of Eden. Animals can't talk.
Adam and Eve had a better imagination than you do.
So, you actually reckoned the talking serpent was an imagination????
A story about sin and it's origin.
You believe stories? It seems you just believe any story. And be more
careful how you use your imagination.
The "story" comes from God and represents the eternal salvation of my soul.

If you don't care about yours, that's your problem.
2020-03-23 07:35:44 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Andrew W
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Andrew W
Garden of Eden absurdities.
There was a talking serpent in the Garden of Eden. Animals can't talk.
Adam and Eve had a better imagination than you do.
So, you actually reckoned the talking serpent was an imagination????
A story about sin and it's origin.
You believe stories? It seems you just believe any story. And be more
careful how you use your imagination.
The "story" comes from God and represents the eternal salvation of my soul.
What soul? Another religious con stuff so that you idiots can make use of to milk the fools??????
He has no such religious stupidity!
Yap Honghor
2020-03-22 01:01:33 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Andrew W
Garden of Eden absurdities.
There was a talking serpent in the Garden of Eden. Animals can't talk.
Adam and Eve had a better imagination than you do.
So, you actually reckoned the talking serpent was an imagination????
A story about sin and it's origin.
You mean those con writers knew where the sin came from?
Even layman knows sin is built by your pixie so that his agents, the preachers, can collect sinful money...
d***@cox.net
2020-03-21 16:43:37 UTC
Post by Andrew W
[...]
Man was allowed to exercise his natural evil ways with the call for man himself
to overcome the evils by following God's instructions.
the dukester, American-American
Andrew W
2020-03-21 22:06:52 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Andrew W
[...]
Natural evil ways?? Where did this evil come from? Adam and Eve weren't
created with built-in evil. It had to come from somewhere.

d***@cox.net
2020-03-22 15:42:35 UTC
Post by Andrew W
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Andrew W
[...]
They weren't?? How do you know?

They sinned. They couldn't take God saying "do not". It's a natural response of
human kind. Easy to overcome - just listen to God. If you can't, don't blame
God.

Accepting God and his teachings are your salvation. If you refuse, you pay.

the dukester, American-American
Andrew W
2020-03-23 12:56:30 UTC
On Sun, 22 Mar 2020 09:06:52 +1100, "Andrew W"
Post by Andrew W
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Andrew W
[...]
How do YOU know they were naturally evil? And how can that be if they were
made perfect? Try thinking for a change.

Why was Jesus incorruptible yet A&E were the opposite? Can't you see this
religion makes no sense?
They sinned. They couldn't take God saying "do not".
How do you know that even happened? All you have is one old dumb story to
tell you.
It's a natural response of
human kind.
No it's not for most people.
Easy to overcome - just listen to God. If you can't, don't blame
God.
Impossible. No one's ever heard any 'God' speak. You people talk silly.
Accepting God and his teachings are your salvation. If you refuse, you pay.
How do you even know we have the Creator of the universe's actual teachings?
Humans long ago had some crazy experiences, dreams and visions which they
had little understanding for and then much later others wrote them down.
And now billions of doofus' think it's somehow the 'word of God'.

d***@cox.net
2020-03-24 17:14:20 UTC
Post by Andrew W
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Andrew W
[...]
They were made to choose to love God.
Post by Andrew W
Why was Jesus incorruptible yet A&E were the opposite? Can't you see this
religion makes no sense?
I know a lot more than you do. For starters, Jesus is Lord. Man is not.
Post by Andrew W
They sinned. They couldn't take God saying "do not".
How do you know that even happened? All you have is one old dumb story to
tell you.
It's a lesson form God.
Post by Andrew W
It's a natural response of
human kind.
No it's not for most people.
Sure it is. You are evil unless you choose not to, but your natural drive is to
put yourself first.
Post by Andrew W
Easy to overcome - just listen to God. If you can't, don't blame
God.
Impossible. No one's ever heard any 'God' speak. You people talk silly.
I have.
Post by Andrew W
Accepting God and his teachings are your salvation. If you refuse, you pay.
How do you even know we have the Creator of the universe's actual teachings?
It's of love.
Lucifer
2020-03-22 01:35:12 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Andrew W
[...]
I included that because it's very good.
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Andrew W
A question to all Christians: Was the Bible inspired or dictated? Because if
it was just inspired then it can't be called God's word.
Man was allowed to exercise his natural evil ways
Allowed by God to exercise his God given evil ways?
Post by d***@cox.net
with the call for man himself to overcome the evils
by following God's instructions.
Why doesn't God follow his own instructions to remove all evil?
d***@cox.net
2020-03-22 15:45:08 UTC
Post by Lucifer
Post by d***@cox.net
with the call for man himself to overcome the evils
by following God's instructions.
Why doesn't God follow his own instructions to remove all evil?
If you want to be freed, you do it yourself. If you can't, well bend over and
kiss it goodbye.
Post by Lucifer
Lucifer
2020-03-22 18:32:36 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Lucifer
Post by d***@cox.net
with the call for man himself to overcome the evils
by following God's instructions.
Why doesn't God follow his own instructions to remove all evil?
If you want to be freed, you do it yourself. If you can't, well bend over and
kiss it goodbye.
I hope you can take your own advice.
d***@cox.net
2020-03-24 17:15:52 UTC
Post by Lucifer
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Lucifer
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Andrew W
A question to all Christians: Was the Bible inspired or dictated? Because if
it was just inspired then it can't be called God's word.
Man was allowed to exercise his natural evil ways
Allowed by God to exercise his God given evil ways?
God gave us freedom to choose good over bad.
Post by Lucifer
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Lucifer
Post by d***@cox.net
with the call for man himself to overcome the evils
by following God's instructions.
Why doesn't God follow his own instructions to remove all evil?
If you want to be freed, you do it yourself. If you can't, well bend over and
kiss it goodbye.
I hope you can take your own advice.
I go to regular Mass.
Post by Lucifer

Andrew W
2020-03-24 04:05:09 UTC
On Sun, 22 Mar 2020 12:35:12 +1100, Lucifer
Post by Lucifer
Post by d***@cox.net
with the call for man himself to overcome the evils
by following God's instructions.
Why doesn't God follow his own instructions to remove all evil?
If you want to be freed, you do it yourself. If you can't, well bend over and
kiss it goodbye.
You just contradicted your own religion. You said "you do it yourself".
Your religion says you can't do it yourself.

Lucifer
2020-03-22 03:56:47 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Man was allowed to exercise his natural evil ways with the call for man himself
to overcome the evils by following God's instructions.
the dukester

All of which is unnecessary to an omniscient being.

Why give a test if you already know the outcome.

I don't believe in natural evil ways. There are people who have and follow reasonable rules and those who don't because they have chosen not to.

Evil is a decision, not part of man's nature.
Ivan The Terrible
Duke is expressing his religious beliefs, jackass. He's not lying.
Yap Honghor
And his religious beliefs which are built on lies or made up fake stories???
d***@cox.net
2020-03-22 15:57:16 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Man was allowed to exercise his natural evil ways with the call for man himself
to overcome the evils by following God's instructions.
the dukester
All of which is unnecessary to an omniscient being.
Why give a test if you already know the outcome.
I don't believe in natural evil ways. There are people who have and follow reasonable rules and those who don't because they have chosen not to.
Evil is a decision, not part of man's nature.
Duke is expressing his religious beliefs, jackass. He's not lying.
And his religious beliefs which are built on lies or made up fake stories???
The cobra poison has destroyed your brain.
the dukester, American-American
d***@cox.net
2020-03-22 15:56:22 UTC
On Sat, 21 Mar 2020 20:56:47 -0700 (PDT), Cloud Hobbit
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Man was allowed to exercise his natural evil ways with the call for man himself
to overcome the evils by following God's instructions.
the dukester
All of which is unnecessary to an omniscient being.
Then complain to God.
Post by d***@cox.net
Why give a test if you already know the outcome.
YOU don't. You must make a decision. God already knows, but you must carry the
ball. God knows if you are going to fumble or score. Good luck.

It's all about loving God and loving your neighbor as you do yourself. Do this
and you are on your way.
Post by d***@cox.net
I don't believe in natural evil ways. There are people who have and follow reasonable rules and those who don't because they have chosen not to.
That's what I'm saying. I miss going to Mass. I can't do anyting but watch it
on tv. But that's not the same as actual attendance.
Post by d***@cox.net
Evil is a decision, not part of man's nature.
Yep. When you take a test, it's not the teacher's fault you failed, it's your
fault.
the dukester, American-American
Lucifer
2020-03-23 06:44:26 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
On Sat, 21 Mar 2020 20:56:47 -0700 (PDT), Cloud Hobbit
Always.
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Evil is a decision, not part of man's nature.
Yep. When you take a test, it's not the teacher's fault you failed, it's your
fault.
God punishes us for being the way he made us.
Ivan The Terrible
How do you know the story is meant to be taken literally?
Yap Honghor
2020-03-22 08:54:28 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Andrew W
[...]
How do you know it should not be taken literally?