Me thinks the Catholics...
Michael Christ
2020-01-14 00:47:10 UTC
...are banking heavily on purgatory!

Michael Christ
--
Rom 5:8  But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were
yet sinners, Christ died for us.

"If God is not first in everything He is not first in anything."
Yap Honghor
2020-01-14 09:19:42 UTC
Didn't I told you that Christianity of all forms are evil, insane as well as being scams????
Ted
2020-01-14 20:16:22 UTC
Yep.
d***@cox.net
2020-01-14 22:26:12 UTC
Post by Michael Christ
...are banking heavily on purgatory!
Didn't I told you that Christianity of all forms are evil, insane as well as being scams????
Ah, the monkey boy still making a fool of himself.
the dukester, American-American
d***@cox.net
2020-01-14 22:25:40 UTC
On Tue, 14 Jan 2020 11:47:10 +1100, Michael Christ
Post by Michael Christ
...are banking heavily on purgatory!
Well, we don't really have a choice except before we die. The damned (died in
mortal sin) never go there. The purging is a final cleansing of those headed
for heaven. The damned are headed straight to the fires of hell.
Post by Michael Christ
Michael Christ
2020-01-14 22:28:34 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
mortal sin) never go there. The purging is a final cleansing of those headed
for heaven. The damned are headed straight to the fires of hell.
the dukester, American-American
What does a Catholic have to do if he commits a mortal sin? Isn't
there a way he can be forgiven?
Surrender the Name
2020-01-14 22:51:19 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
for heaven.  The damned are headed straight to the fires of hell.
the dukester, American-American
What does a Catholic have to do if he commits a mortal sin? Isn't there
a way he can be forgiven?
From the Catholic website:

Finally, it says that mortal sin cannot be forgiven by such a prayer
- something more is required. That something is, of course, the blessed
Sacrament of Reconciliation, or Confession, through which a person can
be restored to grace, even after commiting a sin which leads to
spiritual death - a mortal sin.
Ted
Thank you, StN.
Michael Christ
2020-01-15 00:45:37 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
be restored to grace, even after commiting a sin which leads to
spiritual death - a mortal sin.
Thank you, StN.
Sin is not something you do, it is what you are.

A murderer is a murderer long before he murders.

And one for you, a liar is a liar a long time before he lies.

Eventually everything comes to light.

Michael Christ

Surrender the Name
2020-01-15 13:28:25 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
be restored to grace, even after commiting a sin which leads to
spiritual death - a mortal sin.
Thank you, StN.
The confessional, aside from keeping a persons sins private, is based
upon these verses;

James_5:16  Confess therefore your sins one to another: and pray one
for another, that you may be saved. For the continual prayer of a just
man availeth much.
1John_1:9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just, to forgive
us our sins and to cleanse us from all iniquity.
1John_4:15  Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God
abideth in him, and he in God.

You are welcome Ted.
Robert
2020-01-15 17:49:55 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
be restored to grace, even after commiting a sin which leads to
spiritual death - a mortal sin.
Thank you, StN.
The confessional, aside from keeping a persons sins private, is based
upon these verses;
James_5:16  Confess therefore your sins one to another: and pray one
for another, that you may be saved. For the continual prayer of a just
man availeth much.
1John_1:9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just, to forgive
us our sins and to cleanse us from all iniquity.
1John_4:15  Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God
abideth in him, and he in God.
None of those things speak to a confessional or a private confession.
Plus, who is the "he" in 1John 1:9?

and 1John 4:15 has nothing to do with the confessing of sin.

James 5:16 is public
Post by Surrender the Name
You are welcome Ted.
--
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
(Heb 11:6 KJV)
Robert
2020-01-15 02:02:59 UTC
Post by Surrender the Name
Post by d***@cox.net
for heaven.  The damned are headed straight to the fires of hell.
the dukester, American-American
What does a Catholic have to do if he commits a mortal sin? Isn't there
a way he can be forgiven?
Finally, it says that mortal sin cannot be forgiven by such a prayer
- something more is required. That something is, of course, the blessed
Sacrament of Reconciliation, or Confession, through which a person can
be restored to grace, even after commiting a sin which leads to
spiritual death - a mortal sin.
1439 AD Doctrine of Seven Sacraments affirmed.

There is a history behind all of that, and the Orthodox do not agree
with the RCC on this.

Pity the poor RC circa 400 and thereabouts, were they excluded
because they did not know about these things?
(Heb 11:6 KJV)
d***@cox.net
2020-01-16 13:57:27 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
for heaven. The damned are headed straight to the fires of hell.
the dukester, American-American
What does a Catholic have to do if he commits a mortal sin? Isn't
there a way he can be forgiven?
Yes, the Confessional. Veniel sins (against man) can be forgiven in the
Confeitor as recited at daily Mass.
Thanks Duke.
d***@cox.net
2020-01-16 22:28:45 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
for heaven. The damned are headed straight to the fires of hell.
the dukester, American-American
What does a Catholic have to do if he commits a mortal sin? Isn't
there a way he can be forgiven?
Exactly. Be forgiven in the Sacrament of Confession. A shame that all atheists
and all prots reject the gift of salvation for those in sin.

And here's the kicker. Purgatory is not an issue as stated above. If one is
forgiven for his moral sin in confession, he still hurt others. So purgatory is
the final cleansing of the pain to others.

Exodus 34:6-7 New International Version (NIV)
6 And he passed in front of Moses, proclaiming, “The Lord, the Lord, the
compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and
faithfulness, 7 maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness,
rebellion and sin. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the
children and their children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth
generation.”

I wonder what the last verse means.
the dukester, American-American

Michael Christ
2020-01-15 00:34:53 UTC
Post by Michael Christ
...are banking heavily on purgatory!
Well, we don't really have a choice except before we die. The damned (died in
mortal sin) never go there. The purging is a final cleansing of those headed
for heaven. The damned are headed straight to the fires of hell.
I notice you avoided the word, sinner, Earl.

Michael Christ

d***@cox.net
2020-01-16 13:58:25 UTC
Post by Michael Christ
...are banking heavily on purgatory!
Well, we don't really have a choice except before we die. The damned (died in
mortal sin) never go there. The purging is a final cleansing of those headed
for heaven. The damned are headed straight to the fires of hell.
I notice you avoided the word, sinner, Earl.
Only Jesus never sinned. Heb 4:15.
the dukester, American-American
Lucifer
2020-01-15 03:12:27 UTC
Post by Michael Christ
...are banking heavily on purgatory!
Well, we don't really have a choice except before we die. The damned (died in
mortal sin) never go there. The purging is a final cleansing of those headed
for heaven. The damned are headed straight to the fires of hell.
I admire the way you are not afraid to be critical of God.
What sort of God destines innocent people be punished for eternity?
The same sort of God that creates a world where life feeds off life
and only the strongest survive.
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Michael Christ
Michael Christ
the dukester, American-American
d***@cox.net
2020-01-16 14:01:49 UTC
Post by Michael Christ
...are banking heavily on purgatory!
Well, we don't really have a choice except before we die. The damned (died in
mortal sin) never go there. The purging is a final cleansing of those headed
for heaven. The damned are headed straight to the fires of hell.
I admire the way you are not afraid to be critical of God.
I'm not critical of God. I use his teachings.
Post by Lucifer
What sort of God destines innocent people be punished for eternity?
That's the key; There is no "innocent".
Post by Lucifer
The same sort of God that creates a world where life feeds off life
and only the strongest survive.
It's not God. He calls for mankind to control himself.

the dukester, American-American
Lucifer
2020-01-16 18:34:47 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Michael Christ
...are banking heavily on purgatory!
Well, we don't really have a choice except before we die. The damned (died in
mortal sin) never go there. The purging is a final cleansing of those headed
for heaven. The damned are headed straight to the fires of hell.
I admire the way you are not afraid to be critical of God.
I'm not critical of God. I use his teachings.
You never say anything good about God.
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Lucifer
What sort of God destines innocent people be punished for eternity?
That's the key; There is no "innocent".
We are all guilty of being the way God made us, right?
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Lucifer
The same sort of God that creates a world where life feeds off life
and only the strongest survive.
It's not God. He calls for mankind to control himself.
What do you see as God's function?