Me thinks the Catholics...
Michael Christ
2020-01-14 00:47:10 UTC
...are banking heavily on purgatory!

Michael Christ
--
Rom 5:8  But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were
yet sinners, Christ died for us.

"If God is not first in everything He is not first in anything."
Yap Honghor
2020-01-14 09:19:42 UTC
Didn't I told you that Christianity of all forms are evil, insane as well as being scams????
Ted
2020-01-14 20:16:22 UTC
Yep.
d***@cox.net
2020-01-14 22:26:12 UTC
Post by Michael Christ
...are banking heavily on purgatory!
Didn't I told you that Christianity of all forms are evil, insane as well as being scams????
Ah, the monkey boy still making a fool of himself.
the dukester, American-American
d***@cox.net
2020-01-14 22:25:40 UTC
On Tue, 14 Jan 2020 11:47:10 +1100, Michael Christ
Post by Michael Christ
...are banking heavily on purgatory!
Well, we don't really have a choice except before we die. The damned (died in
mortal sin) never go there. The purging is a final cleansing of those headed
for heaven. The damned are headed straight to the fires of hell.
Post by Michael Christ
Michael Christ
2020-01-14 22:28:34 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
mortal sin) never go there. The purging is a final cleansing of those headed
for heaven. The damned are headed straight to the fires of hell.
the dukester, American-American
What does a Catholic have to do if he commits a mortal sin? Isn't
there a way he can be forgiven?
Surrender the Name
2020-01-14 22:51:19 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
for heaven.  The damned are headed straight to the fires of hell.
the dukester, American-American
What does a Catholic have to do if he commits a mortal sin? Isn't there
a way he can be forgiven?
From the Catholic website:

Finally, it says that mortal sin cannot be forgiven by such a prayer
- something more is required. That something is, of course, the blessed
Sacrament of Reconciliation, or Confession, through which a person can
be restored to grace, even after commiting a sin which leads to
spiritual death - a mortal sin.
Ted
Thank you, StN.
Michael Christ
2020-01-15 00:45:37 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
be restored to grace, even after commiting a sin which leads to
spiritual death - a mortal sin.
Thank you, StN.
Sin is not something you do, it is what you are.

A murderer is a murderer long before he murders.

And one for you, a liar is a liar a long time before he lies.

Eventually everything comes to light.

Michael Christ

Surrender the Name
2020-01-15 13:28:25 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
be restored to grace, even after commiting a sin which leads to
spiritual death - a mortal sin.
Thank you, StN.
The confessional, aside from keeping a persons sins private, is based
upon these verses;

James_5:16  Confess therefore your sins one to another: and pray one
for another, that you may be saved. For the continual prayer of a just
man availeth much.
1John_1:9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just, to forgive
us our sins and to cleanse us from all iniquity.
1John_4:15  Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God
abideth in him, and he in God.

You are welcome Ted.
Robert
2020-01-15 17:49:55 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
be restored to grace, even after commiting a sin which leads to
spiritual death - a mortal sin.
Thank you, StN.
The confessional, aside from keeping a persons sins private, is based
upon these verses;
James_5:16  Confess therefore your sins one to another: and pray one
for another, that you may be saved. For the continual prayer of a just
man availeth much.
1John_1:9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just, to forgive
us our sins and to cleanse us from all iniquity.
1John_4:15  Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God
abideth in him, and he in God.
None of those things speak to a confessional or a private confession.
Plus, who is the "he" in 1John 1:9?

and 1John 4:15 has nothing to do with the confessing of sin.

James 5:16 is public
Post by Surrender the Name
You are welcome Ted.
--
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
(Heb 11:6 KJV)
Robert
2020-01-15 02:02:59 UTC
Post by Surrender the Name
Post by d***@cox.net
for heaven.  The damned are headed straight to the fires of hell.
the dukester, American-American
What does a Catholic have to do if he commits a mortal sin? Isn't there
a way he can be forgiven?
Finally, it says that mortal sin cannot be forgiven by such a prayer
- something more is required. That something is, of course, the blessed
Sacrament of Reconciliation, or Confession, through which a person can
be restored to grace, even after commiting a sin which leads to
spiritual death - a mortal sin.
1439 AD Doctrine of Seven Sacraments affirmed.

There is a history behind all of that, and the Orthodox do not agree
with the RCC on this.

Pity the poor RC circa 400 and thereabouts, were they excluded
because they did not know about these things?
(Heb 11:6 KJV)
d***@cox.net
2020-01-16 13:57:27 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
for heaven. The damned are headed straight to the fires of hell.
the dukester, American-American
What does a Catholic have to do if he commits a mortal sin? Isn't
there a way he can be forgiven?
Yes, the Confessional. Veniel sins (against man) can be forgiven in the
Confeitor as recited at daily Mass.
Thanks Duke.
d***@cox.net
2020-01-16 22:28:45 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
for heaven. The damned are headed straight to the fires of hell.
the dukester, American-American
What does a Catholic have to do if he commits a mortal sin? Isn't
there a way he can be forgiven?
Exactly. Be forgiven in the Sacrament of Confession. A shame that all atheists
and all prots reject the gift of salvation for those in sin.

And here's the kicker. Purgatory is not an issue as stated above. If one is
forgiven for his moral sin in confession, he still hurt others. So purgatory is
the final cleansing of the pain to others.

Exodus 34:6-7 New International Version (NIV)
6 And he passed in front of Moses, proclaiming, “The Lord, the Lord, the
compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and
faithfulness, 7 maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness,
rebellion and sin. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the
children and their children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth
generation.”

I wonder what the last verse means.
It means God's a prick.
d***@cox.net
2020-01-17 23:38:29 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
generation.”
I wonder what the last verse means.
the dukester, American-American
It means God's a prick.
Now there's a mortal sin of blasphemy
2020-01-18 00:33:41 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Michael Christ
...are banking heavily on purgatory!
Well, we don't really have a choice except before we die.
The
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
damned (died in
Post by d***@cox.net
and all prots reject the gift of salvation for those in sin.
And here's the kicker. Purgatory is not an issue as stated
above.
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
If one is
Post by d***@cox.net
forgiven for his moral sin in confession, he still hurt others.
So
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
purgatory is
That don't mean fucking shit,, man.
d***@cox.net
2020-01-18 17:11:21 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Michael Christ
...are banking heavily on purgatory!
Well, we don't really have a choice except before we die.
The
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
damned (died in
Post by d***@cox.net
mortal sin) never go there. The purging is a final cleansing
of
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
those headed
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
there a way he can be forgiven?
Exactly. Be forgiven in the Sacrament of Confession. A shame
that
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
all atheists
Post by d***@cox.net
and all prots reject the gift of salvation for those in sin.
And here's the kicker. Purgatory is not an issue as stated
above.
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
If one is
Post by d***@cox.net
forgiven for his moral sin in confession, he still hurt others.
So
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
purgatory is
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
rebellion and sin. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished;
he
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
punishes the
Post by d***@cox.net
children and their children for the sin of the parents to the
third
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
and fourth
Post by d***@cox.net
generation.”
I wonder what the last verse means.
the dukester, American-American
It means God's a prick.
Now there's a mortal sin of blasphemy
the dukester, American-American
That don't mean fucking shit,, man.
You have two choices:
1. Go to confession for your blasphemy against God and ask for forgiveness.
2. Burn in hell.
2020-01-18 18:22:10 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Michael Christ
...are banking heavily on purgatory!
Well, we don't really have a choice except before we die.
The
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
damned (died in
Post by d***@cox.net
mortal sin) never go there. The purging is a final
cleansing
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
of
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
those headed
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
there a way he can be forgiven?
Exactly. Be forgiven in the Sacrament of Confession. A
shame
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
that
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
all atheists
Post by d***@cox.net
and all prots reject the gift of salvation for those in sin.
And here's the kicker. Purgatory is not an issue as stated
above.
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
If one is
Post by d***@cox.net
forgiven for his moral sin in confession, he still hurt
others.
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
So
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
purgatory is
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
rebellion and sin. Yet he does not leave the guilty
unpunished;
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
he
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
punishes the
Post by d***@cox.net
children and their children for the sin of the parents to the
third
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
and fourth
Uh oh. But how can I go to confession if I ain't Catholic?
LinuxGal
2020-01-18 00:47:28 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Now there's a mortal sin of blasphemy
Blasphemy is the original victimless crime.
--
What you¢ve just posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have
ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even

I have spoken.

https://twitter.com/LinuxGal
d***@cox.net
2020-01-18 17:12:30 UTC
Post by LinuxGal
Post by d***@cox.net
Now there's a mortal sin of blasphemy
Blasphemy is the original victimless crime.
But it's still a quick trip to the fires if not confessed to God.
2020-01-17 02:16:47 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
And here's the kicker. Purgatory is not an issue as stated above. If one is
forgiven for his moral sin in confession, he still hurt others. So purgatory is
the final cleansing of the pain to others.
And the fires of Purgatory cause pain, which sits well with modern
Christian theology, which is about burn for burn, stripe for stripe, eye
for eye, life for life. It just has fuck-all to do with what Jesus
taught, which was reckless forgiveness.

https://twitter.com/LinuxGal
Robert
2020-01-17 02:38:50 UTC
Post by LinuxGal
Post by d***@cox.net
And here's the kicker. Purgatory is not an issue as stated above. If one is
forgiven for his moral sin in confession, he still hurt others. So purgatory is
the final cleansing of the pain to others.
And the fires of Purgatory cause pain, which sits well with modern
Christian theology, which is about burn for burn, stripe for stripe, eye
for eye, life for life. It just has fuck-all to do with what Jesus
taught, which was reckless forgiveness.
You make a huge mistake mixing RC doctrines and dogma's with
"Christian theology". It shows not only your bias, but your ignorance
on the subject.

Jesus did not offer reckless forgiveness, it might in a sense seem
like it, but it is an unreasonable philosophy on your part.
(Heb 11:6 KJV)
LinuxGal
2020-01-17 02:55:14 UTC
Post by Robert
Jesus did not offer reckless forgiveness, it might in a sense seem
like it, but it is an unreasonable philosophy on your part.
John 18:27 Peter then denied again: and immediately the cock crew.

John 21:17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest
thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest
thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest
that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

Reckless forgiveness.

https://twitter.com/LinuxGal
Robert
2020-01-17 03:44:24 UTC
Post by LinuxGal
Post by Robert
Jesus did not offer reckless forgiveness, it might in a sense seem
like it, but it is an unreasonable philosophy on your part.
John 18:27 Peter then denied again: and immediately the cock crew.
John 21:17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest
thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest
thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest
that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
Reckless forgiveness.
While you have shown the failures of man in the flesh you have shown
nothing here regarding forgiveness. All of this Peter also did before
he was baptized with the Holy Spirit.
Post by LinuxGal
What you’ve just posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have
ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even
close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in
this newsgroup is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points,
and may God have mercy on your soul.
I have spoken.
You mean "I have rambled on". Everything you wrote here is a giant PKB
on your part. Is this supposed to be an example of the superior
intellect of the atheist? If so, you should resign.
(Heb 11:6 KJV)
Patrick B
2020-01-17 10:00:18 UTC
Post by LinuxGal
Post by d***@cox.net
And here's the kicker. Purgatory is not an issue as stated above. If one is
forgiven for his moral sin in confession, he still hurt others. So purgatory is
the final cleansing of the pain to others.
And the fires of Purgatory cause pain, which sits well with modern
Christian theology, which is about burn for burn, stripe for stripe, eye
for eye, life for life. It just has fuck-all to do with what Jesus
taught, which was reckless forgiveness.
How do you teach a child to do almost anything?
It is called trial and error, stick and carrot.
Kevrob
2020-01-17 17:19:14 UTC
Post by Patrick B
Post by LinuxGal
Post by d***@cox.net
And here's the kicker. Purgatory is not an issue as stated above. If one is
forgiven for his moral sin in confession, he still hurt others. So purgatory is
the final cleansing of the pain to others.
And the fires of Purgatory cause pain, which sits well with modern
Christian theology, which is about burn for burn, stripe for stripe, eye
for eye, life for life. It just has fuck-all to do with what Jesus
taught, which was reckless forgiveness.
How do you teach a child to do almost anything?
It is called trial and error, stick and carrot.
If you are omnipotent, you can transfer the knowledge straight
into another's mind.

Religion loves the trick of "the ghod told me, now I'm telling you."
You'd think an all-powerful, all-knowing entity could do better
than a game of cosmic "telephone" or "Chinese whispers."

Michael Christ
2020-01-17 21:14:07 UTC
Post by Patrick B
Post by LinuxGal
Post by d***@cox.net
And here's the kicker. Purgatory is not an issue as stated above. If one is
forgiven for his moral sin in confession, he still hurt others. So purgatory is
the final cleansing of the pain to others.
And the fires of Purgatory cause pain, which sits well with modern
Christian theology, which is about burn for burn, stripe for stripe, eye
for eye, life for life. It just has fuck-all to do with what Jesus
taught, which was reckless forgiveness.
How do you teach a child to do almost anything?
It is called trial and error, stick and carrot.
If you are omnipotent, you can transfer the knowledge straight
into another's mind.
Religion loves the trick of "the ghod told me, now I'm telling you."
You'd think an all-powerful, all-knowing entity could do better
than a game of cosmic "telephone" or "Chinese whispers."
It's the Kevrob way or the highway. We know, we get it, Gertrude. :-).

Go and post some of your rules after you bake some brownies.

Michael Christ

d***@cox.net
2020-01-17 23:43:41 UTC
Post by LinuxGal
Post by d***@cox.net
And here's the kicker. Purgatory is not an issue as stated above. If one is
forgiven for his moral sin in confession, he still hurt others. So purgatory is
the final cleansing of the pain to others.
And the fires of Purgatory cause pain, which sits well with modern
Christian theology, which is about burn for burn, stripe for stripe, eye
for eye, life for life. It just has fuck-all to do with what Jesus
taught, which was reckless forgiveness.
Nope. Jesus taught purgatory.

Mat 3:11
11“I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more
powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you
with the Holy Spirit and fire. 12His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will
clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the
chaff with unquenchable fire.”

2020-01-18 00:46:19 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Nope. Jesus taught purgatory.
Mat 3:11
11?I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more
powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you
with the Holy Spirit and fire.
I see. Jesus taught that. Jesus was John the Baptist.

https://twitter.com/LinuxGal
d***@cox.net
2020-01-18 17:38:50 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by LinuxGal
Post by d***@cox.net
Nope. Jesus taught purgatory.
Mat 3:11
11?I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more
powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you
with the Holy Spirit and fire.
I see. Jesus taught that. Jesus was John the Baptist.
No, he wasn't.
Then here is my next question, and attend carefully:

Why did you say, "Jesus taught purgatory" and tried to prove it with a
quote from John the baptizer?
--
I have spoken.

2020-01-18 18:07:03 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
I wonder what the last verse means.
the dukester

It means God is a prick who punishes the innocent.

Why should those who weren't alive at the time be punished for something They had no part in?

Those are the actions of a tyrant.

No wonder you like him.
Michael Christ
2020-01-15 00:34:53 UTC
Post by Michael Christ
...are banking heavily on purgatory!
Well, we don't really have a choice except before we die. The damned (died in
mortal sin) never go there. The purging is a final cleansing of those headed
for heaven. The damned are headed straight to the fires of hell.
I notice you avoided the word, sinner, Earl.

Michael Christ

d***@cox.net
2020-01-16 13:58:25 UTC
Post by Michael Christ
...are banking heavily on purgatory!
Well, we don't really have a choice except before we die. The damned (died in
mortal sin) never go there. The purging is a final cleansing of those headed
for heaven. The damned are headed straight to the fires of hell.
I notice you avoided the word, sinner, Earl.
Only Jesus never sinned. Heb 4:15.
the dukester, American-American
Michael Christ
2020-01-16 23:11:10 UTC
Post by Michael Christ
...are banking heavily on purgatory!
Well, we don't really have a choice except before we die. The damned (died in
mortal sin) never go there. The purging is a final cleansing of those headed
for heaven. The damned are headed straight to the fires of hell.
I notice you avoided the word, sinner, Earl.
Only Jesus never sinned. Heb 4:15.
the dukester, American-American
There is no sinners in Christ Jesus, that is why He came.

What?? Did you think He came to make you a self-righteous religious
sinner who prays to someone else?? :-).

Michael Christ

d***@cox.net
2020-01-17 23:46:04 UTC
Post by Michael Christ
...are banking heavily on purgatory!
Well, we don't really have a choice except before we die. The damned (died in
mortal sin) never go there. The purging is a final cleansing of those headed
for heaven. The damned are headed straight to the fires of hell.
I notice you avoided the word, sinner, Earl.
Only Jesus never sinned. Heb 4:15.
the dukester, American-American
There is no sinners in Christ Jesus, that is why He came.
And why he leaves you in failure when you do sin ==> the wheat hulls burned in
the fires. Mat 3:11.
Michael Christ
2020-01-18 03:24:58 UTC
There are no sinners in Christ Jesus.

It is not going to change for your sins, Earl.

Michael Christ

Lucifer
2020-01-18 05:14:39 UTC
Sat, 18 Jan 2020 14:24:58 +1100, Michael Christ
Post by Michael Christ
There are no sinners in Christ Jesus.
Fucking Christ Jesus Christ up the arse is a sin.
Post by Michael Christ
It is not going to change for your sins, Earl.
Earl doesn't sin.
Michael Christ
d***@cox.net
2020-01-18 17:15:12 UTC
Post by Michael Christ
It is not going to change for your sins, Earl.
Earl doesn't sin.
Sure I do, and then it's to the confessional to be forgiven.
2020-01-18 18:32:32 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Sure I do, and then it's to the confessional to be forgiven.
the dukester, American-American

Confession is a disincentive to sinning. If you can be forgiven so easily, where is the incentive to not sin?

What sort of justice is it to punish people for something they did not do?
LinuxGal
2020-01-18 18:41:49 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Sure I do, and then it's to the confessional to be forgiven.
the dukester, American-American
Confession is a disincentive to sinning. If you can be forgiven so easily, where is the incentive to not sin?
How hard it is to say the ten hail marys assigned by the priest?
--
I have spoken.

2020-01-18 15:49:24 UTC
Post by Michael Christ
There are no sinners in Christ Jesus.
And yet another vacuous christer statement. It's like saying there is no water in an imaginary glass. Well of course there isn't, you stupid fuck, jebus is dead and done.
It isn't going to change for anyone, you dumb fuck. When you're dead, you're dead, ask your wife and kid about it.
d***@cox.net
2020-01-18 17:14:25 UTC
On Sat, 18 Jan 2020 14:24:58 +1100, Michael Christ
Post by Michael Christ
There are no sinners in Christ Jesus.
Only after you go to confession.
Post by Michael Christ
It is not going to change for your sins, Earl.
You're the one that pretends to be God.
True. Even I sinned once.
d***@cox.net
2020-01-18 17:16:21 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Michael Christ
Post by d***@cox.net
for heaven. The damned are headed straight to the fires of hell.
I notice you avoided the word, sinner, Earl.
Only Jesus never sinned. Heb 4:15.
the dukester, American-American
True. Even I sinned once.
Once is all it takes to be awarded the fires of hell if your sin is mortal..
How many times have you sinned?
LinuxGal
2020-01-18 16:30:50 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Only Jesus never sinned. Heb 4:15.
So the Catholic Church teaches that Mary sinned now?
--
I have spoken.

https://twitter.com/LinuxGal
Lucifer
2020-01-15 03:12:27 UTC
Post by Michael Christ
...are banking heavily on purgatory!
Well, we don't really have a choice except before we die. The damned (died in
mortal sin) never go there. The purging is a final cleansing of those headed
for heaven. The damned are headed straight to the fires of hell.
I admire the way you are not afraid to be critical of God.
What sort of God destines innocent people be punished for eternity?
The same sort of God that creates a world where life feeds off life
and only the strongest survive.
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Michael Christ
Michael Christ
the dukester, American-American
d***@cox.net
2020-01-16 14:01:49 UTC
Post by Michael Christ
...are banking heavily on purgatory!
Well, we don't really have a choice except before we die. The damned (died in
mortal sin) never go there. The purging is a final cleansing of those headed
for heaven. The damned are headed straight to the fires of hell.
I admire the way you are not afraid to be critical of God.
I'm not critical of God. I use his teachings.
Post by Lucifer
What sort of God destines innocent people be punished for eternity?
That's the key; There is no "innocent".
Post by Lucifer
The same sort of God that creates a world where life feeds off life
and only the strongest survive.
It's not God. He calls for mankind to control himself.

the dukester, American-American
Lucifer
2020-01-16 18:34:47 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Michael Christ
...are banking heavily on purgatory!
Well, we don't really have a choice except before we die. The damned (died in
mortal sin) never go there. The purging is a final cleansing of those headed
for heaven. The damned are headed straight to the fires of hell.
I admire the way you are not afraid to be critical of God.
I'm not critical of God. I use his teachings.
You never say anything good about God.
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Lucifer
What sort of God destines innocent people be punished for eternity?
That's the key; There is no "innocent".
We are all guilty of being the way God made us, right?
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Lucifer
The same sort of God that creates a world where life feeds off life
and only the strongest survive.
It's not God. He calls for mankind to control himself.
What do you see as God's function?
Lucifer
2020-01-17 07:09:23 UTC
Post by Lucifer
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Michael Christ
...are banking heavily on purgatory!
Well, we don't really have a choice except before we die. The damned (died in
mortal sin) never go there. The purging is a final cleansing of those headed
for heaven. The damned are headed straight to the fires of hell.
I admire the way you are not afraid to be critical of God.
I'm not critical of God. I use his teachings.
You never say anything good about God.
He is my eternal salvation.
What caused you to need salvation?
Why does God not salvate everybody at once and for all time?
Post by Lucifer
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Lucifer
What sort of God destines innocent people be punished for eternity?
That's the key; There is no "innocent".
We are all guilty of being the way God made us, right?
He made you with the ability to change your ways.
How well is that working?
Post by Lucifer
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Lucifer
The same sort of God that creates a world where life feeds off life
and only the strongest survive.
It's not God. He calls for mankind to control himself.
What do you see as God's function?
Salvation of life.
Is God doing his very best for us?
the dukester, American-American
d***@cox.net
2020-01-17 14:08:09 UTC
Post by Lucifer
Post by Lucifer
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Michael Christ
...are banking heavily on purgatory!
Well, we don't really have a choice except before we die. The damned (died in
mortal sin) never go there. The purging is a final cleansing of those headed
for heaven. The damned are headed straight to the fires of hell.
I admire the way you are not afraid to be critical of God.
I'm not critical of God. I use his teachings.
You never say anything good about God.
He is my eternal salvation.
What caused you to need salvation?
Why does God not salvate everybody at once and for all time?
It's the only way to achieve the kingdom of God.
Post by Lucifer
Post by Lucifer
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Lucifer
What sort of God destines innocent people be punished for eternity?
That's the key; There is no "innocent".
We are all guilty of being the way God made us, right?
He made you with the ability to change your ways.
How well is that working?
Great for me and many others. How about you?
Post by Lucifer
Post by Lucifer
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Lucifer
The same sort of God that creates a world where life feeds off life
and only the strongest survive.
It's not God. He calls for mankind to control himself.
What do you see as God's function?
Salvation of life.
Is God doing his very best for us?
From my standpoint, yes.
2020-01-17 16:31:05 UTC
Post by Lucifer
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Lucifer
What sort of God destines innocent people be punished for eternity?
That's the key; There is no "innocent".
We are all guilty of being the way God made us, right?
Not right. No one is made to sin.
And yet, you seem to believe every human ever, except one, has sinned. If you believe humans are designed, that's a pretty big failuere rate.

If someone produced a model of car by the billion, and all but one exploded, that would be rather a poor design, don't you think?
aaa
2020-01-17 17:30:46 UTC
Post by Lucifer
Post by Lucifer
What sort of God destines innocent people be punished for
eternity?
That's the key; There is no "innocent".
We are all guilty of being the way God made us, right?
Not right. No one is made to sin.
And yet, you seem to believe every human ever, except one, has
sinned. If you believe humans are designed, that's a pretty big
failuere rate.
Except that it's never a design flaw. It's the fault of learning the
intellectual knowledge of good and evil.
Post by Malcolm McMahon
If someone produced a model of car by the billion, and all but one
exploded, that would be rather a poor design, don't you think?
There is nothing wrong with the car. The driver doesn't have a driver's
license.

God's spiritual evidence is evident in everyone.
Find it and treasure it because it's the covenant of God.
It's the reason why we are given this life on earth.
It's the foundation why we can have meaning in life.

Let's all honor our personal spiritual evidence of God for the sake of
Christ!
Dexter
2020-01-17 18:58:36 UTC
On Thu, 16 Jan 2020 08:01:49 -0600,
On Wed, 15 Jan 2020 14:12:27 +1100, Lucifer
Post by Malcolm McMahon
If someone produced a model of car by the billion, and
all but one exploded, that would be rather a poor
design, don't you think?
There is nothing wrong with the car. The driver doesn't
have a driver's license.

So, that's your problem? You don't have a license to drive
that brain of yours?
--
"The most unsettling aspect of my atheism for Christians is
when they realize that their Bible has no power to make me
people to cower into compliance." - Author unknown
aaa
2020-01-18 15:59:49 UTC
Post by Malcolm McMahon
If someone produced a model of car by the billion, and
all but one exploded, that would be rather a poor
design, don't you think?
There is nothing wrong with the car. The driver doesn't
have a driver's license.
So, that's your problem? You don't have a license to drive
that brain of yours?
That's the problem for all sinners to properly exercise their intellect,
yes.

Christ!
LinuxGal
2020-01-18 16:19:02 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Lucifer
What sort of God destines innocent people be punished for eternity?
That's the key; There is no "innocent".
That's the heart of the Christian code. Babies are born guilty of the sin
of a rib woman who listened to a talking snake six thousand years ago and ate
the wrong fruit.
--
I have spoken.

2020-01-18 16:29:39 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Lucifer
The same sort of God that creates a world where life feeds off life
and only the strongest survive.
It's not God. He calls for mankind to control himself.
Also Duke: "Climate change is fake news."
--
I have spoken.