Do atheists worship nothing?
Add Reply
Jahnu
2020-04-22 23:10:15 UTC
Atheists worship lots of things. Atheists worship politicians,
sports-heroes, beauty-queens, cars, dogs etc. For instance, atheists
worship science with religious fervor. Some bozo in a lab coat
speculates some nonsense on TV, and atheists immediately take it as
the absolute truth.

In fact, you have to look long and hard to find an atheist with the
capacity for critical thinking. Whatever they learned in school in the
Hollywood culture that produced them, they accept without even giving
it a thought. Also, atheists worship the tombs of their dead
relatives.

That’s why atheists are such loyal citizens of the modern consumer
culture, and its values.

They believe NASA actually put men on the Moon in 1969. I mean,
seriously, they actually believe that, and totally without any proof.

—but, but Ah seen it on TV.

They also believe that Islamic terrorists brought down the WTC on 9/11
2001. hahaha :) I guess, they’re just too gullible and brainwashed to
actually believe that their rascal government would kill 3000 of their
own citizens, to have en excuse to go to war in the Middle-east to
secure oil.

Also, in my discussions with atheists for the last 20 years, I’ve
never met one that was a vegetarian, who didn’t support the
meeat-industry - an industry of pure and unadulterated evil.

So, most atheists are indoctrinated Mickey Mouse clones of the
Hollywood culture they grew up in. They accept the ungodly consumer
civilization that at present rules the world, as the epitome of all
human knowledge and progress.

They don’t know, or even care to know, that at a time when their
ancestors ran around in Europe with clubs and lived in caves, the
sages of the Vedic culture had already invented the number 0, the
decimal number system, knew advanced mathematics, and had described
our solar system and the rest of the universe in minute detail.

It’s a curious thing, when it comes to politics and science, atheists
are willing to study it, in order to learn how it works, but when it
comes to religion and the metaphysical, spiritual aspects of life, all
of the sudden they forget the scientific approach, and just accept
either their own preconceived notions or something they learned in
school, as factual.

Real religion, however, is a science that can be tried and tested like
any other science.

In Atheism, for instance, the belief in abiogenesis and evolution is
so strong that even though all empiric observations rule out these
theories, atheists strongly cling on to these blind beliefs.

It’s a curious thing about being an atheists - even though atheists
claim to be interested in facts only, they have to reject empiric
facts i order to maintain their atheism.

And instead of absorbing themselves in God and religion, like they are
meant to do, they now absorb themselves in politics.

A new religion has clearly evolved in the global culture. It’s called
Scientism. It’s become the religion of atheists. Even though modern
science has absolutely nothing sensible to say about the reality we
live in, the general population is convinced that science has
explained away the need for God and religion.

Scientific theories like abiogenesis and evolution, even though they
are pure and unalloyed myths, are being taught in all educational
institutions of the world as scientific facts. In fact, the modern
global culture is deliberately geared towards producing a general
population with an atheistic mindset.

Krishna says:

Fools deride Me when I descend in the human form. They do not know My
transcendental nature as the Supreme Lord of all that be. (Bg. 9.11)

Those who are thus bewildered are attracted by demonic and atheistic
views. In that deluded condition, their hopes for liberation, their
fruitive activities, and their culture of knowledge are all defeated.
(Bg. 9.12)
John Locke
2020-04-22 23:39:23 UTC
Post by Jahnu
Atheists worship lots of things. Atheists worship politicians,
sports-heroes, beauty-queens, cars, dogs etc. For instance, atheists
worship science with religious fervor. Some bozo in a lab coat
speculates some nonsense on TV, and atheists immediately take it as
the absolute truth.
...we may have respect for science, animals and maybe even for some
politicians but I've never heard of any atheists "worshiping" science,
animals, politicians or anything else.

...I stand in awe of Albert Einstein, Marie Curie, Niels Bohr, Ed
Witten, Nikola Tesla, Richard Feynman...but I certainly would never
worship any of these people.

..Jesper, your view of atheists is warped and distorted. You haven't a
clue what atheism is.You should attempt to extricate yourself from
that clouded religious bubble in which you are entrapped. Look hard.
There must be a back door exit somewhere ! Watch out for the giant
snapping turtles and snarling demons !

We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing
all-powerful God who creates faulty Humans, and then blames
them for his own mistakes. - Gene Roddenberry

It would be more consistent that we call the Bible the work
of a demon than the word of God. It is a history of wickedness
that has served to corrupt and brutalize mankind.- Thomas Paine

What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed
without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens
Jahnu
2020-04-22 23:44:21 UTC
wah wah wah
Hey don't you have to go and munch on some cadavers?
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed
without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens
You mean like evolution?

Krishna says:

O learned Uddhava, those who fix their consciousness on Me, giving up
all material desires, share with Me a happiness that cannot possibly
be experienced by those engaged in sense gratification. --Srimad
Bhagavatam 11.14.12
mynews-hot-text
2020-04-23 03:26:11 UTC
Post by Jahnu
Atheists worship lots of things. Atheists worship politicians,
sports-heroes, beauty-queens, cars, dogs etc. For instance, atheists
worship science with religious fervor. Some bozo in a lab coat
speculates some nonsense on TV, and atheists immediately take it as
the absolute truth.
...we may have respect for science, animals and maybe even for some
politicians but I've never heard of any atheists "worshiping" science,
animals, politicians or anything else.
Maybe You Don't Comprehend
The Meaning Of The Word
Worshiping

If You Admire Or Love Atheism
Then You Worships The Ground That Atheists Walks Up On
Post by John Locke
...I stand in awe of Albert Einstein, Marie Curie, Niels Bohr, Ed
Witten, Nikola Tesla, Richard Feynman...but I certainly would never
worship any of these people.
..Jesper, your view of atheists is warped and distorted. You haven't a
clue what atheism is.You should attempt to extricate yourself from
that clouded religious bubble in which you are entrapped. Look hard.
There must be a back door exit somewhere ! Watch out for the giant
snapping turtles and snarling demons !
Mr. Locke Truly You Don't Have
A Clue What Atheism Is About
JWS
2020-04-23 00:10:38 UTC
Do atheists worship nothing?
There is no nothing to worship.
%
2020-04-23 00:16:47 UTC
yes there is
Dexter
2020-04-24 18:07:19 UTC
Got evidence? Thought not.
Jahnu
2020-04-23 01:34:59 UTC
Post by JWS
There is no nothing to worship.
Still, you worship science and technology, and myths like evolution
with religious fervor.

To me, imperfection means existence in a material body. Inherent in
life in a material body are four imperfections - the senses are
imperfect, we have a tendency to cheat, we are deluded, and we commit
mistakes.

Someone may say - yes, that is true, but there is no way to overcome
these imperfections, so why worry about them? Better to focus on
imperfections we can do something about, like developing a camera that
can take perfect pictures, or a flat-screen with perfect resolution,
or even try to develop a perfect vaccine against the corona virus, or
something like that.

The thing is, though, that no matter how much we perfect our
technology, or our medicine, or even our ability to understand the
world, the fact remains that life in a material body is fraught with
imperfections, and there is no way around it.

So this is material life - always imperfect. There is an alternative
to the imperfection of material existence, however, and that is
spiritual existence, the existence of the soul.

Where as, material life is centered around the body and its culture,
spiritual life is centered around our real selves, the soul, and that
is a life of perfection.

Just like there is a whole culture around our body, there is also a
culture around the soul. Life with Krishna and His devotees is the
eternal culture of the soul.

So perfection of life is to return to the eternal spiritual world and
relate to Krishna.

The soul can relate to Krishna as his master, his father, his son, his
lover, or he can have a neutral relationship with Him. The point
being, that Krishna is the only center. He is the beloved of the soul.
This is the love we are all looking for, anyway, because only the love
of Krishna can truly satisfy us.

The love we have in the material world for our family and friends will
always and without exception end in frustration and lamentation.

Krishna says:

After attaining Me, the great souls, who are yogis in devotion, never
return to this temporary world, which is full of miseries, because
they have attained the highest perfection. —Bg 8.16

In the preface to Bhagavad Gita, Srila Prabhupada writes:

The Krishna consciousness movement is essential in human society, for
it offers the highest perfection of life. How this is so is explained
fully in the Bhagavad-gita. Unfortunately, mundane wranglers have
taken advantage of Bhagavad-gita to push forward their demonic
propensities and mislead people regarding right understanding of the
simple principles of life.

Everyone should know how God, or Krishna, is great, and everyone
should know the factual position of the living entities. Everyone
should know that a living entity is eternally a servant and that
unless one serves Krishna one has to serve illusion in different
varieties of the three modes of material nature and thus wander
perpetually within the cycle of birth and death; even the so-called
liberated Mayavadi speculator has to undergo this process.

This knowledge constitutes a great science, and each and every living
being has to hear it for his own interest.

People in general, especially in this Age of Kali, are enamored by the
external energy of Krishna, and they wrongly think that by advancement
of material comforts every man will be happy.

They have no knowledge that the material or external nature is very
strong, for everyone is strongly bound by the stringent laws of
material nature. A living entity is happily the part and parcel of the
Lord, and thus his natural function is to render immediate service to
the Lord.

By the spell of illusion one tries to be happy by serving his personal
sense gratification in different forms which will never make him
happy. Instead of satisfying his own personal material senses, he has
to satisfy the senses of the Lord. That is the highest perfection of
life.

The Lord wants this, and He demands it. One has to understand this
central point of Bhagavad-gita. Our Krishna consciousness movement is
teaching the whole world this central point, and because we are not
polluting the theme of Bhagavad-gita As It Is, anyone seriously
interested in deriving benefit by studying the Bhagavad-gita must take
help from the Krishna consciousness movement for practical
understanding of Bhagavad-gita under the direct guidance of the Lord.

We hope, therefore, that people will derive the greatest benefit by
studying Bhagavad-gita As It Is as we have presented it here, and if
even one man becomes a pure devotee of the Lord, we shall consider our
attempt a success.
JWS
2020-04-23 11:19:52 UTC
On Wed, 22 Apr 2020 17:10:38 -0700 (PDT), JWS <jlds...com>
Post by JWS
There is no nothing to worship.
Still, you worship science and technology, and myths like evolution
with religious fervor.
If you want to make a point about attitudes towards science
and technology you should maybe address that issue instead of
going off on some tangent about "perfection".
Or you could point out some example of what you are on about.
If you see "worship of science and technology", maybe you do
not understand what "worship" actually is.
Jahnu
2020-04-23 12:38:44 UTC
bitch moan whine
https://crev.info/2020/04/the-latest-rewriting-of-human-evolution/
Siri Cruise
2020-04-23 13:54:50 UTC
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_UiZRvkBqTqE/SSAwNhqGpxI/AAAAAAAAAGQ/eo7V
cRV-x6w/s1600/is+nothing+sacred.jpg
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
2020-04-25 00:00:29 UTC
Post by Siri Cruise
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_UiZRvkBqTqE/SSAwNhqGpxI/AAAAAAAAAGQ/eo7V
cRV-x6w/s1600/is+nothing+sacred.jpg
I see the clowns kneeling before and worshiping a "nothing"!
Post by Siri Cruise
--
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
2020-04-25 00:06:18 UTC
Post by Siri Cruise
--
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
don't you like being worshipped
Jahnu
2020-04-25 22:41:13 UTC
don't you like being worshipped
Over there in Gookland, they worship dogs instead of God. Get it? God
backwards - dog. They have everything backwards.

Krishna says:

Now hear, O son of Pritha, how by practicing yoga in full
consciousness of Me, with mind attached to Me, you can know Me in
full, free from doubt. (Bg 7.1)

I shall now declare unto you in full this knowledge, both phenomenal
and numinous. This being known, nothing further shall remain for you
to know. (Bg 7.2)

Out of many thousands among men, one may endeavor for perfection, and
of those who have achieved perfection, hardly one knows Me in truth.
(Bg 7.3)

Earth, water, fire, air, ether, mind, intelligence and false ego - all
together these eight constitute My separated material energies. (Bg
7.4)

Besides these, O mighty-armed Arjuna, there is another, superior
energy of Mine, which comprises the living entities who are exploiting
the resources of this material, inferior nature. (Bg 7.5)

All created beings have their source in these two natures. Of all that
is material and all that is spiritual in this world, know for certain
that I am both the origin and the dissolution. (Bg 7.6)

O conqueror of wealth, there is no truth superior to Me. Everything
rests upon Me, as pearls are strung on a thread. (Bg 7.7)

O son of Kunti, I am the taste of water, the light of the sun and the
moon, the syllable om in the Vedic mantras; I am the sound in ether
and ability in man. --Bg 7.8

I am the original fragrance of the earth, and I am the heat in fire. I
am the life of all that lives, and I am the penances of all ascetics.
--Bg 7.9

O son of Pritha, know that I am the original seed of all existences,
the intelligence of the intelligent, and the prowess of all powerful
men. --Bg 7.10

I am the strength of the strong, devoid of passion and desire. I am
sex life which is not contrary to religious principles, O lord of the
Bharatas [Arjuna]. --Bg 7.11

Know that all states of being - be they of goodness, passion or
ignorance - are manifested by My energy. I am, in one sense,
everything, but I am independent. I am not under the modes of material
nature, for they, on the contrary, are within Me. --Bg 7.12

Deluded by the three modes [goodness, passion and ignorance], the
whole world does not know Me, who am above the modes and
inexhaustible. --Bg 7.13

This divine energy of Mine, consisting of the three modes of material
nature, is difficult to overcome. But those who have surrendered unto
Me can easily cross beyond it. --Bg 7.14

Those miscreants who are grossly foolish, who are lowest among
mankind, whose knowledge is stolen by illusion, and who partake of the
atheistic nature of demons do not surrender unto Me. (Bg 7.15 )
mynews-hot-text
2020-04-23 03:39:13 UTC
Post by JWS
Do atheists worship nothing?
There is no nothing to worship.
Atheism Is More Thing Nothing
If You Unable To Worship IT

If You Don't Believe In Atheism
Why Are You Here

No Body Asking You To Worship No God
Just Believe That There Is No God
If You Can't Do That Then You Are Not A Atheist

I Love Atheism As A Woman With Out A God
And Yes I Worship The Ground She Walks Up On
Can You Say The Same
mynews-hot-text
2020-04-23 03:01:13 UTC
Atheists worship lots of things the absolute truth.
I Worship Zero As Nothing But God
Truly It The Root [0] Of All Thing
Kevrob
2020-04-23 03:16:09 UTC
Post by mynews-hot-text
Atheists worship lots of things the absolute truth.
I Worship Zero As Nothing But God
Truly It The Root [0] Of All Thing
Gahan Wilson explains our reverence for "nothing."

http://freethinkersanonymous.com/2017/02/nothings-sacred/

mynews-hot-text
2020-04-23 07:11:06 UTC
Post by mynews-hot-text
Atheists worship lots of things the absolute truth.
I Worship Zero As Nothing But God
Truly It The Root [0] Of All Thing
Gahan Wilson explains our reverence for "nothing."
Mr. Kevin Rod
He Explains Your Reverence Ror "Nothing."
But I Like The Dogs

I Say Nothing Is Someting Call Zero
IT The Root [0] Of All Science

Gn 1:1
IN A BEGINNING
Created by the Elohim
were the heavens and the earth.

" 'Not God Just The Science Of Elohim'
The root-meaning of the word Elohim is unknown
Elohim [The Root] = ROOT [Zero] Meaning 0
The dimension Of Transparent"

Gn 2:4
These are the genealogical annals
of the heavens and the earth,
when they were created.

In the day Yahweh Elohim
made the earth and the heavens

"No God But The Science Of Yahweh Elohim"
For The Gods Where Make Be Humans

One Yahweh + Zero Elohim = One Yahweh Shake
Off One Of The Two Halves = Two Halves Of Elohim Zero

Gn 2:20
And calling is the human
the names for every beast
and for every flyer of the heavens
and for all field life

So Human Name One Elohim "God" And Name Two Elohim
"Snake"
Were Elohim Yahweh The God Of Heavens and Elohim Hiss The God Of The
Earth

Transparent Yahweh
The First Dimension [0]
Call Hiss
Lucifer Morningstar
Second Dimension [1]

The One Who Carry
The Son Light In To The Earth

first half [0] or second half [1], third half [2],
fourth half [3] and fifth half [4]s ...
All Science Dimensions
Andrew W
2020-04-23 03:34:06 UTC
Post by Jahnu
Atheists worship lots of things. Atheists worship politicians,
Nonsense. Prove it. Define worship.
Post by Jahnu
sports-heroes, beauty-queens, cars, dogs etc.
People have fanaticism for things which include hobbies, but that's not
worship is it.
Post by Jahnu
For instance, atheists
worship science with religious fervor.
Most don't. Most actually have a life FYI.
Post by Jahnu
Some bozo in a lab coat
speculates some nonsense on TV, and atheists immediately take it as
the absolute truth.
That's only fanatics, which is kind of like what religious people do.
Post by Jahnu
In fact, you have to look long and hard to find an atheist with the
capacity for critical thinking.
Many people lack critical thinking, none more so than some religious
followers. It depends.
With atheists it depends on whether they were in a religion in the past and
saw through the BS, and with religious followers it's various reasons, some
can be quite silly. There are unthinking zombies in both groups.
Post by Jahnu
Whatever they learned in school in the
Hollywood culture that produced them, they accept without even giving
it a thought.
And some theists accept nonsense parts in their religion without any
thought.
Post by Jahnu
Also, atheists worship the tombs of their dead
relatives.
Ridiculous rubbish. Tombs of dead relatives are not supreme beings! Look up
the word worship.
Post by Jahnu
That’s why atheists are such loyal citizens of the modern consumer
culture, and its values.
They believe NASA actually put men on the Moon in 1969. I mean,
seriously, they actually believe that, and totally without any proof.
—but, but Ah seen it on TV.
Then how did the laser reflectors get there that are regularly used to check
the distance of the moon?
The reason fake footage was made for the common populous is because they
went to the moon for military reasons and obviously they couldn't show that.
Post by Jahnu
They also believe that Islamic terrorists brought down the WTC on 9/11
2001. hahaha :) I guess, they’re just too gullible and brainwashed to
actually believe that their rascal government would kill 3000 of their
own citizens, to have en excuse to go to war in the Middle-east to
secure oil.
At least you got something right.

snip
Post by Jahnu
It’s a curious thing, when it comes to politics and science, atheists
are willing to study it, in order to learn how it works, but when it
comes to religion and the metaphysical, spiritual aspects of life, all
of the sudden they forget the scientific approach, and just accept
either their own preconceived notions or something they learned in
school, as factual.
Real religion, however, is a science that can be tried and tested like
any other science.
Now you're talking complete nonsense. There is no "real religion", there is
only religion.
If it's a science that can be tested then where are the test results?

snip
--
http://members.optusnet.com.au/ajwerner/

The golden rule with food - if it smells strange from the fridge then throw
it in the bin. With Christianity, if it sounds strange and it's from the
Bible then you must embrace it as the word of God.

A question to all Christians: Was the Bible inspired or dictated? Because if
it was just inspired then it can't be called God's word.

http://www.rumormillnews.com -- The best alternative news site.
Yap Honghor
2020-04-23 09:26:42 UTC
Post by Jahnu
Atheists worship lots of things. Atheists worship politicians,
sports-heroes, beauty-queens, cars, dogs etc. For instance, atheists
worship science with religious fervor. Some bozo in a lab coat
speculates some nonsense on TV, and atheists immediately take it as
the absolute truth.
Nonsense....
Unlike you, atheists are not being conned into believing in a pixie!

We believe in our responsibility to the society but you theists live for a non-existent pixie, wasting the whole life with atheists having to shoulder much more burden, you sick moron!
Harry Krishna
2020-04-23 11:47:10 UTC
Post by Jahnu
Atheists worship lots of things. Atheists worship politicians,
sports-heroes, beauty-queens, cars, dogs etc.
For definitions of "worship" that are so broad as to render the term
meaningless. Nice job.
WangoTango
2020-04-23 21:56:05 UTC
Post by Jahnu
Atheists worship lots of things.
They can, by definition, the *only* thing that could/would be common
between Atheists is that we don't believe in gods.
Jahnu
2020-04-24 01:00:22 UTC
Post by WangoTango
They can, by definition, the *only* thing that could/would be common
between Atheists is that we don't believe in gods.
"When people stop believing in God, they don't believe in nothing --
they believe in anything."   --  GK Chesterton
Tim
LOL! You are quoting a fat catholic apologist who died of heart disease and who likened the rcc to a good cigar and glass of wine, you stupid krishna bitch.
Davej
2020-04-24 13:10:13 UTC
Post by Jahnu
[...]
"When people stop believing in God, they don't believe in
nothing -- they believe in anything."   --  GK Chesterton
Some people believe in anything. For example they might
discard Western religions and join the Hare Krishnas and
start parroting that Eastern nonsense.
Kevrob
2020-04-24 14:23:32 UTC
Post by Jahnu
[...]
"When people stop believing in God, they don't believe in
nothing -- they believe in anything."   --  GK Chesterton
Some people believe in anything. For example they might
discard Western religions and join the Hare Krishnas and
start parroting that Eastern nonsense.
We know the drugs softened Jesper's brain up enough that he
admitted he was temporarily sucked in by the Mormons before
the Hindu cultists snared him. He has has told us this.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?#!original/alt.atheism/v3rkX18xq-I/2jr81tr-BwAJ

He was going to fall in with one "cult" or another.

Jahnu
2020-04-24 23:42:10 UTC
Some people believe in anything. For example they might
discard Western religions and join the Hare Krishnas and
start parroting that Eastern nonsense.
Or like you, start parroting the atheist nonsense, you hear from a
bunch of retards on AA.

Vishnu says:

When one resents the demigods, who represent God, the Vedas, which
give all knowledge, the cows, brahmanas, Vaisnavas and religious
principles, and ultimately Me, the Supreme, he and his civilization
will be vanquished without delay. -- Srimad Bhagavatam 7.4.27

Someone might object - the present consumer culture has already lasted
a long time, so how is it being removed 'without delay'?

But that's seen from the piss-ant-perspective of modern man.

In a cosmic scale, the modern consumer culture has not even lasted a
second, and it is already in the process of being erased by nature.
In comparison, let's look at some other cultures.

The Romans, who were a pretty ignorant, debased bunch, managed to rule
for almost 1000 years. The Egyptians before them lasted almost 3000
years. That's because they worshiped demigods. They were actually more
in tune with the workings of nature than the modern Western
civilization.

According to the Vedic model of reality (according to the three modes
of material nature), the more right something is, the longer it lasts
and the more wrong it is, the shorter it lasts.

The modern slaughter-house civilization, if we say it started after
WWII, has not even lasted for 100 years, and it is already in the
process of being demolished by nature. Nobody thinks it's going to
last for another 50 years.

So the modern Western civilization is going down, exactly as predicted
by God. There is no delay, at all. In a cosmic scale, the civilization
that rules the world at present is just a short nightmarish flash.

Krishna says:

By human calculation, a thousand ages taken together form the duration
of Brahma's one day. And such also is the duration of his night. (Bg
8.17)

(Re.: one day of Brahma is calculated to be 4,320 billion solar years
and so is his night. After each of Brahma's days there is a
destruction of the middle planetary systems first by fire and then by
water, and after each night the earth is re-created by Brahma. IOW,
every 4 billion years or so the planet is flooded)

At the beginning of Brahma's day, all living entities become manifest
from the unmanifest state, and thereafter, when the night falls, they
are merged into the unmanifest again.(Bg 8.18)

Again and again, when Brahma's day arrives, all living entities come
into being, and with the arrival of Brahma's night they are helplessly
annihilated. (Bg 8.19)

Yet there is another unmanifest nature, which is eternal and is
transcendental to this manifested and unmanifested matter. It is
supreme and is never annihilated. When all in this world is
annihilated, that part remains as it is. (Bg 8.20)

That which the Vedantists describe as unmanifest and infallible, that
which is known as the supreme destination, that place from which,
having attained it, one never returns - that is My supreme abode. (Bg
8.21)
WangoTango
2020-05-11 22:13:50 UTC
Post by Jahnu
Post by WangoTango
They can, by definition, the *only* thing that could/would be common
between Atheists is that we don't believe in gods.
"When people stop believing in God, they don't believe in nothing --
they believe in anything."   --  GK Chesterton
Because leading a skeptical life leads to believing in anything.

Show me a god, and I'll start believing.
Needing there to be a god seems to be the theist's way.
Jahnu
2020-05-13 01:09:08 UTC
On Mon, 11 May 2020 18:13:50 -0400, WangoTango
Post by WangoTango
Show me a god, and I'll start believing.
Needing there to be a god seems to be the theist's way.
Obviously, nobody is an atheist due to lack of evidence of God. In
fact, the last thing an atheist wants, is proof of God. The whole
world is proof of an intelligent designer. One becomes an atheist when
one does not want God in his life, not because there is no proof of
God. It’s as simple as that.

I mean, I can understand why someone would be against certain
religions. The theology of the Abrahamic religions, for instance, is
largely sectarian nonsense.
But to deny the obvious intelligent design observable in nature, to
actually suggest the world created itself out of a bunch of chemicals,
that’s just plain dumb.

Of course, only God can prove who He is, but there is empiric proof of
His existence. The irreducible complexity of living organisms is the
logical proof of the Intelligent Design of nature. So ID is a direct,
observable fact of nature. Thus, ID comprises the empirical proof of
God.

Irreducible complexity is like a car engine, where all the parts of
the engine are interdependent in their functions. The cylinders
function only in combination with the pistons, the pistons function
only in connection with the spark plugs, the spark plugs depend on the
electric system for their function, and son on. All the components of
the engine work only in combination with each-other.
In other words, a car engine is only functional as a complete unit. If
one component fails, the whole engine fails. Hence the term
irreducible complexity.

IOW, the idea that abiogenesis and evolution, with no guiding
intelligence behind it, produced all the living species, is basically
an affront to a working intellect.

To say, like atheists do, that the universe created itself out of a
bunch of chemicals, is like saying that a Mercedes Benz created itself
without any creative intelligence behind it.

Professor Werner Gitt, who works in the field of information science
writes:

There is no known natural law through which matter can give rise to
information, neither is there any physical process or material
phenomenon known that can do this. All languages, alphabets, and codes
that we know of, as well as the information spoken or written in them,
originated in minds. The blind faith of the atheist that the first
life was an exception to this fact is contrary to all known evidence.”
(Werner Gitt, In the Beginning Was Information, 1997, p. 79)

In my mind, however, apart from the fact that the ID observable in
nature is proof of God, and, say, if one’s brain is not equipped to
handle logic and reason, the best proof of God is that you become
totally happy by adding Krishna to your life.

Someone may object - you also become happy by smoking some dope or
winning the lottery, or having sex, what’s the difference? How is that
proof of God?

The thing about bodily or mental pleasures, though, is that they don’t
make the soul happy. Connecting to Krishna makes the soul happy, and
contrary to sense-gratification, which always ends in misery and
leaves you frustrated, the happiness of the soul is a constant fact.
Not only does the happiness of the soul not end, it only increases
more and more. It’s a deep and lasting bliss that is never interrupted
by suffering.

Sure, you may break a leg, your wife may leave you, your children may
think you’re a complete loser, or you may be depressed due to lack of
money, but the deep satisfaction of Krishna consciousness, once
established, never leaves the heart. And that’s the proof that Krishna
is God.

So, as the saying goes - the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Bhagavatam 11.14.12
Dexter
2020-05-13 01:09:13 UTC
Post by WangoTango
Because leading a skeptical life leads to believing in
anything.

Oh? Perhaps you could walk us through your line of reasoning.
This seems a nonsequitur to me.
Jahnu
2020-05-13 01:17:51 UTC
Post by Dexter
Oh? Perhaps you could walk us through your line of reasoning.
This seems a nonsequitur to me.
You're kidding, right?

(Bg. 9.12)
WangoTango
2020-05-23 02:01:32 UTC
Do you *ever* have an original thought?
%
there's an original question
Jahnu
2020-05-23 04:51:21 UTC
On Fri, 22 May 2020 22:01:32 -0400, WankerTango
Post by WangoTango
Do you *ever* have an original thought?
How would you know? You wouldn't know an original thought if it fell
on your head, Wanker.

All you can manage is to parrot the same old atheistic snot you've
heard from other atheists.

If you don't agree. Lets hear just one single little original thought
you've ever had. Come on. lts hear it. What's your idea of an original
thought?

Preaching on-line to antagonists, one thing I hear real often is - uh
duh, you can't think for yourself. You need some old books to think
for you.

But the real fact of the matter is that main-stream people would be up
the proverbial creek without a paddle if they didn't have TV,
newspapers and magazines to tell them what to think and believe. They
all say the same things and have the same values. How is it
independent thinking to talk, think and be like millions of other
people?

I would venture to say, that the more a point of view is prevalent in
society, the more people who share a view-point, the less independent
it is.

Practically nobody except the Hare Krishnas think like the Hare
Krishnas, and the Hare Krishnas are a tiny minority of people on
planet. So actually the Hare Krishnas must be the most independent
type of thinkers.

The Hare Krishna way of thinking is based on an ancient, revealed
science, that has been tried and tested since time immemorial whereas
the thinking of people in mainstream society is dictated by mass media
and Hollywood. So whose thinking is most independent, seriously? That
also begs the question - what is the definition of independent
thinking, and who defines it? If you say, independent thinking is
defined by the majority of people, how is it independent thinking? So
when people tell you, that you have no independent thoughts, they have
no idea what they are talking about. They are merely mindlessly
repeating a slogan.

Next time someone challenges you - you can't think for yourself - ask
that person to name just one single, miniscule, little thought he or
she has come up with by themselves. Let's hear some of your
independent thoughts. That'll stomp anyone... just try. Nothing of
what people in general have to offer are based on independent
thinking.

The real fact is that nobody is thinking independently. Everyone's
thinking is inspired by what they have heard and learned from others.
So what's best? - to be inspired by the ancient teachings of the Vedic
tradition or to be inspired by CNN and Fox news or the garbage they
teach you in school?

"I owed a magnificent day to the Bhagavad Geeta. It was the first of
books; it was as if an empire spoke to us, nothing small or unworthy,
but large, serene, consistent, the voice of an old intelligence which
in another age and climate had pondered and thus disposed of the same
questions which exercise us."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Krishna says:

One must deliver himself with the help of his mind, and not degrade
himself. The mind is the friend of the conditioned soul, and his enemy
as well. (Bg. 6.5)

For him who has conquered the mind, the mind is the best of friends;
but for one who has failed to do so, his mind will remain the greatest
enemy. (Bg. 6.6)
Yap Honghor
How can a broken head like him having a brain for logical thought?
Jahnu
2020-05-25 01:14:24 UTC
How can a broken head like me having a brain for logical thought?
Yes, you would know.

The fact remains that if people follow the arrangements of Krishna,
they can create heavenly conditions on earth.

And when people reject God's arrangement, like they do when they open
slaughterhoues, the create hellish conditions on earth. Simple as
that.

Krishna says:

Fools deride Me when I descend in the human form. They do not know My
transcendental nature as the Supreme Lord of all that be. (Bg 9.11)

Those who are thus bewildered are attracted by demonic and atheistic
views. In that deluded condition, their hopes for liberation, their
fruitive activities, and their culture of knowledge are all defeated.
(Bg 9.12 )

O son of Pritha, those who are not deluded, the great souls, are under
the protection of the divine nature. They are fully engaged in
devotional service because they know Me as the Supreme Personality of
Godhead, original and inexhaustible. -- Bg 9.13

WangoTango
Sarcasm, 'nuf said...
michellemalkingmail.com
Did he really say something as stupid as that?
Christopher A. Lee
2020-05-12 10:32:17 UTC
On Tue, 12 May 2020 01:21:44 -0700 (PDT), "michellemalkingmail.com"
Post by michellemalkingmail.com
Post by Jahnu
Post by WangoTango
They can, by definition, the *only* thing that could/would be common
between Atheists is that we don't believe in gods.
"When people stop believing in God, they don't believe in nothing --
they believe in anything."   --  GK Chesterton
Did he really say something as stupid as that?
He _was_ a religious loonie, which was a pity. I hadn't realised this
when I read his humorous novels like The Napoleon of Notting Hill as a
teenager.
Don Martin
2020-05-12 12:49:46 UTC
Post by Jahnu
Post by WangoTango
They can, by definition, the *only* thing that could/would be common
between Atheists is that we don't believe in gods.
"When people stop believing in God, they don't believe in nothing --
they believe in anything."   --  GK Chesterton
Did he really say something as stupid as that?
It would appear that he did not:

https://www.chesterton.org/ceases-to-worship/
michellemalkingmail.com
2020-05-12 08:18:44 UTC
Post by WangoTango
Post by Jahnu
Atheists worship lots of things.
They can, by definition, the *only* thing that could/would be common
between Atheists is that we don't believe in gods.
And we don't capitalize the a in atheist.

Some atheists don't believe in a god or gods. Some lack belief
in a god or gods. Lack of evidence for the existence of a god
or gods is usually the reason for both. I consider 'worship'
to be a religious word that I never use for anything. At most,
I admire certain people.

Arguing with Jesper (Jahnu) is a waste of time. His response will be to
insult you and then quote Hindu religious lit. He's been doing this for
about 15 years. He's Danish, not Indian.
Don Martin
2020-05-12 12:49:46 UTC
On Tue, 12 May 2020 01:18:44 -0700 (PDT), "michellemalkingmail.com"
Post by WangoTango
Post by Jahnu
Atheists worship lots of things.
They can, by definition, the *only* thing that could/would be common
between Atheists is that we don't believe in gods.
And we don't capitalize the a in atheist.
Some atheists don't believe in a god or gods. Some lack belief
in a god or gods. Lack of evidence for the existence of a god
or gods is usually the reason for both. I consider 'worship'
to be a religious word that I never use for anything. At most,
I admire certain people.
Arguing with Jesper (Jahnu) is a waste of time. His response will be to
insult you and then quote Hindu religious lit. He's been doing this for
about 15 years. He's Danish, not Indian.
Were he but cheese Danish, he might have some use . . .
d***@cox.net
2020-05-12 16:02:25 UTC
Post by WangoTango
Post by Jahnu
Atheists worship lots of things.
They can, by definition, the *only* thing that could/would be common
between Atheists is that we don't believe in gods.
And we don't capitalize the a in atheist.
Atheist is a pile of dirt just like satan.
2020-04-24 13:06:40 UTC
Post by Jahnu
Atheists worship lots of things. Atheists worship politicians,
sports-heroes, beauty-queens, cars, dogs etc. For instance,
atheists worship science with religious fervor.
Really? Is this your worthless opinion of the day? What did
Krishna say about politicians, sports-heroes, beauty-queens,
cars, and dogs? I'm sure you'll tell us, but we really don't
care what he said.
SkyEyes
2020-05-11 23:48:57 UTC
Post by Jahnu
Atheists worship lots of things.
Oh, no, you don't get to define words to suit your propaganda. "Worship," both the noun and the verb (used with or without an object), has very specific meanings:

From Dictionary.com:

"noun
reverent honor and homage paid to God or a sacred personage, or to any object regarded as sacred.
formal or ceremonious rendering of such honor and homage: They attended worship this morning.
verb (used with object), wor·shiped, wor·ship·ing or (especially British) wor·shipped, wor·ship·ping.
to render religious reverence and homage to.
to feel an adoring reverence or regard for (any person or thing).
verb (used without object), wor·shiped, wor·ship·ing or (especially British) wor·shipped, wor·ship·ping.
to render religious reverence and homage, as to a deity.
to attend services of divine worship."

None of these definitions fit atheists.

Brenda Nelson, A.A. #34
BAAWA Knight of the Golden Litterbox
Professor of Feline Thermometrics and Cat-Herding
***@cox.net