Because God cares
2020-05-10 09:52:12 UTC
God, the first mover behind the Big Bang, the expansion of
space-time, the inventor of dark matter, dark energy and the
four forces, builder of infinite planets, stars and
galaxies, the instigator of evolution on Earth four billion
years ago, and he worries about you surfing Porn Hub and
rubbing one out.
--
Linux Geeks: Smart. Single. Sexy.
Well, two out of three ain't bad!

2020-05-10 12:02:55 UTC
Post by LinuxGal
God, the first mover behind the Big Bang, the expansion of
space-time, the inventor of dark matter, dark energy and the
four forces, builder of infinite planets, stars and galaxies,
the instigator of evolution on Earth four billion years ago,
and he worries about you surfing Porn
Hub and rubbing one out.
You are obviously deceived about God
and have a problem with masturbation.

Nevertheless He loves you and has made
abundant provision for your salvation.

"Wherefore he is able also to save them
to the uttermost that come unto God by
him, seeing he ever lives to make
intercession for them."~ Hebrews 7:25
Lucifer
Thank goodness we have Jesus to keep God in check.
Cloud Hobbit
2020-05-10 18:44:15 UTC
Post by Lucifer
Thank goodness we have Jesus to keep God in check.
Too bad he can't get dad to honor Jesus promise about all prayers being granted. Still no regrown limbs.

Religion is so absurd it approaches imbecility.
H.L. Menken
LinuxGal
2020-05-10 13:22:03 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by LinuxGal
God, the first mover behind the Big Bang, the expansion of
space-time, the inventor of dark matter, dark energy and the
four forces, builder of infinite planets, stars and galaxies,
the instigator of evolution on Earth four billion years ago,
and he worries about you surfing Porn
Hub and rubbing one out.
You are obviously deceived about God
and have a problem with masturbation.
I have absolutely no problem with masturbation. But what
did I get wrong about God? That he created reality, or that
HE has a problem with masturbation?

https://twitter.com/LinuxGal
Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
2020-05-10 16:27:01 UTC
On Sun, 10 May 2020 06:22:03 -0700, LinuxGal <***@aqua.net> wrote:
<...>
Post by LinuxGal
I have absolutely no problem with masturbation. But what
did I get wrong about God? That he created reality, or that
HE has a problem with masturbation?
I've always thought it wrong NOT to masturbate
in lieu of not having the real thing available.

It is not healthy for a man's plumbing to allow
it to remain all "backed up". God said one's
body is one's temple and surely God doesn't
advocate neglecting the health of the temple.

A woman's plumbing, on the other hand, might
not be affected by not masturbating due to the
fact that women don't have a prostate so they
can't get prostate cancer from non-use of a
non-existing gland.
--
Yours Truly, Sir Gregøry

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the
essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and
not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." __Henry David Thoreau
LinuxGal
2020-05-10 18:36:06 UTC
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
It is not healthy for a man's plumbing to allow
it to remain all "backed up". God said one's
body is one's temple and surely God doesn't
advocate neglecting the health of the temple.
According to Dr. Adam Clark in the Wesleyan Bible
commentary, male masturbation speedily exhausts the vital
principle and energy, the muscles become flaccid and feeble,
the tone and natural action of the nerves relaxed and
impeded, understanding grows confused, the memory grows
oblivious,the judgment perverted, the will grows
indeterminate and wholly without energy to resist, the eyes
appear languishing and without expression, the countenance
grows vacant, the appetite ceases as the stomach is
incapable of performing its proper office, nutrition fails,
tremors, fears, and terrors are generated, and the mind is
often debilitated even to a state of idiotism. (vol. 1, p.
417)
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
A woman's plumbing, on the other hand, might
not be affected by not masturbating due to the
fact that women don't have a prostate so they
can't get prostate cancer from non-use of a
non-existing gland.
Females possess less vital force than the other sex, and are
deprived very much of the bracing, invigorating air, by
their in-doors life. The results of self-abuse in them is
seen in various diseases, such as catarrh, dropsy, headache,
loss of memory and sight, great weakness in the back and
loins, affections of the spine, the head often decays
inwardly. Cancerous humor, which would lay dormant in the
system their life-time, is inflamed, and commences its
eating, destructive work. The mind is often utterly ruined,
and insanity takes place. (Ellen White, An Appeal to
Mothers, 27.1)

https://twitter.com/LinuxGal
Oko tillo
2020-05-10 19:37:31 UTC
Post by LinuxGal
<...>
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
A woman's plumbing, on the other hand, might
not be affected by not masturbating due to the
fact that women don't have a prostate so they
can't get prostate cancer from non-use of a
non-existing gland.
==
Post by LinuxGal
Females possess less vital force than the other sex, and are
deprived very much of the bracing, invigorating air, by
their in-doors life. The results of self-abuse in them is
seen in various diseases, such as catarrh, dropsy, headache,
loss of memory and sight, great weakness in the back and
loins, affections of the spine, the head often decays
inwardly. Cancerous humor, which would lay dormant in the
system their life-time, is inflamed, and commences its
eating, destructive work. The mind is often utterly ruined,
and insanity takes place. (Ellen White, An Appeal to
Mothers, 27.1)
Check.

Check.

Check.

Check.

Che .. OMG, I'm a woman!

Oko
Linux Get A Life
Don Martin
2020-05-10 21:09:14 UTC
Post by LinuxGal
<...>
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
A woman's plumbing, on the other hand, might
not be affected by not masturbating due to the
fact that women don't have a prostate so they
can't get prostate cancer from non-use of a
non-existing gland.
Females possess less vital force than the other sex, and are
deprived very much of the bracing, invigorating air, by
their in-doors life. The results of self-abuse in them is
seen in various diseases, such as catarrh, dropsy, headache,
loss of memory and sight, great weakness in the back and
loins, affections of the spine, the head often decays
inwardly. Cancerous humor, which would lay dormant in the
system their life-time, is inflamed, and commences its
eating, destructive work. The mind is often utterly ruined,
and insanity takes place. (Ellen White, An Appeal to
Mothers, 27.1)
Ah, 1864 medical science at its very best!
and the america became great , lol
Miloch
2020-05-10 20:00:49 UTC
In article <***@4ax.com>,
=?utf-8?Q?=22Sir_H=C3=B8mer_Hall=2C__Es?= =?utf-8?Q?q=2E=22?= says...
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
I have absolutely no problem with masturbation. But what=20
did I get wrong about God? That he created reality, or that=20
HE has a problem with masturbation?
I've always thought it wrong NOT to masturbate
in lieu of not having the real thing available.
So what about the warnings of going blind if you masturbate? I wear reading
glasses...is that a dead give-a-way that others will notice then refuse to shake
hands?

*
LinuxGal
2020-05-10 20:15:24 UTC
Post by Miloch
=?utf-8?Q?=22Sir_H=C3=B8mer_Hall=2C__Es?= =?utf-8?Q?q=2E=22?= says...
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
I have absolutely no problem with masturbation. But what=20
did I get wrong about God? That he created reality, or that=20
HE has a problem with masturbation?
I've always thought it wrong NOT to masturbate
in lieu of not having the real thing available.
So what about the warnings of going blind if you masturbate? I wear reading
glasses...is that a dead give-a-way that others will notice then refuse to shake
hands?
Mention in sex ed class that one of the symptoms of
masturbating too much is hairy palms. Watch every boy and
most of the girls look at their hands.

https://twitter.com/LinuxGal
Miloch
2020-05-10 20:24:01 UTC
In article <***@teresita-Latitude-D630>,
LinuxGal says...
Post by LinuxGal
Post by Miloch
=?utf-8?Q?=22Sir_H=C3=B8mer_Hall=2C__Es?= =?utf-8?Q?q=2E=22?= says...
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
I have absolutely no problem with masturbation. But what=20
did I get wrong about God? That he created reality, or that=20
HE has a problem with masturbation?
I've always thought it wrong NOT to masturbate
in lieu of not having the real thing available.
So what about the warnings of going blind if you masturbate? I wear reading
glasses...is that a dead give-a-way that others will notice then refuse to shake
hands?
Mention in sex ed class that one of the symptoms of
masturbating too much is hairy palms. Watch every boy and
most of the girls look at their hands.
Prolly why someone invented the fist bump that's now morphing into the elbow
bump. Sort of a "look Ma...no hands" approach to personal greetings.

*
tirebiter
2020-05-11 19:57:48 UTC
Post by Miloch
LinuxGal says...
Post by LinuxGal
Post by Miloch
=?utf-8?Q?=22Sir_H=C3=B8mer_Hall=2C__Es?= =?utf-8?Q?q=2E=22?= says...
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
I have absolutely no problem with masturbation. But what=20
did I get wrong about God? That he created reality, or that=20
HE has a problem with masturbation?
I've always thought it wrong NOT to masturbate
in lieu of not having the real thing available.
So what about the warnings of going blind if you masturbate? I wear reading
glasses...is that a dead give-a-way that others will notice then refuse to shake
hands?
Mention in sex ed class that one of the symptoms of
masturbating too much is hairy palms. Watch every boy and
most of the girls look at their hands.
Prolly why someone invented the fist bump that's now morphing into the elbow
bump. Sort of a "look Ma...no hands" approach to personal greetings.
I heard it was Howie Mandel, who is a germaphobe. At least he made
the fist bump fashionable.

---
a.a. #2276
*
Olrik
2020-05-11 05:16:02 UTC
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by LinuxGal
I have absolutely no problem with masturbation. But what
did I get wrong about God? That he created reality, or that
HE has a problem with masturbation?
I've always thought it wrong NOT to masturbate
in lieu of not having the real thing available.
It is not healthy for a man's plumbing to allow
it to remain all "backed up". God said one's
body is one's temple and surely God doesn't
advocate neglecting the health of the temple.
A woman's plumbing, on the other hand, might
not be affected by not masturbating due to the
fact that women don't have a prostate so they
can't get prostate cancer from non-use of a
non-existing gland.
I'm pretty sure you're not worrying about brain cancer.
--
Olrik
aa #1981
EAC Chief Food Inspector, Bacon Division
LinuxGal
2020-05-17 21:01:48 UTC
Post by Olrik
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
A woman's plumbing, on the other hand, might
not be affected by not masturbating due to the
fact that women don't have a prostate so they
can't get prostate cancer from non-use of a
non-existing gland.
I'm pretty sure you're not worrying about brain cancer.
Bwahahahahaha SNORT.

https://twitter.com/LinuxGal
Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
2020-05-17 21:17:02 UTC
Post by LinuxGal
Post by Olrik
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
A woman's plumbing, on the other hand, might
not be affected by not masturbating due to the
fact that women don't have a prostate so they
can't get prostate cancer from non-use of a
non-existing gland.
I'm pretty sure you're not worrying about brain cancer.
Bwahahahahaha SNORT.
Not so much. Again a demonstration of illogic
by Olrik and you.

Here's why...

I discussed how non-use of the prostate can lead
to prostate cancer. If a non-used brain can suffer
the same fate then I *should* be worried about
brain cancer provided my brain was unused.

Olrik said I wasn't worried about brain cancer so
that necessarily means my brain is used and used
a lot.

But, do try harder next time, Little One.

d***@cox.net
2020-05-18 15:51:18 UTC
Post by LinuxGal
Post by Olrik
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
A woman's plumbing, on the other hand, might
not be affected by not masturbating due to the
fact that women don't have a prostate so they
can't get prostate cancer from non-use of a
non-existing gland.
I'm pretty sure you're not worrying about brain cancer.
Bwahahahahaha SNORT.
I think I understand.
2020-05-10 20:39:53 UTC
Post by LinuxGal
Post by Andrew
Post by LinuxGal
God, the first mover behind the Big Bang, the expansion of
space-time, the inventor of dark matter, dark energy and the
four forces, builder of infinite planets, stars and galaxies,
the instigator of evolution on Earth four billion years ago,
and he worries about you surfing Porn
Hub and rubbing one out.
You are obviously deceived about God
and have a problem with masturbation.
I have absolutely no problem with masturbation. But what
did I get wrong about God? That he created reality,
I note that you are_now_a Creationist.This is big step for you.
Post by LinuxGal
or that HE has a problem with your masturbation?
Rather your statement that, "he worries about you surfing
Porn Hub and rubbing one out."
LinuxGal
2020-05-10 20:54:54 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by LinuxGal
Post by LinuxGal
or that HE has a problem with your masturbation?
Rather your statement that, "he worries about you surfing
Porn Hub and rubbing one out."
Ever hear of playing the Devil's advocate? This is sort of
the reverse situation.

2020-05-11 00:43:02 UTC
Post by LinuxGal
Post by Andrew
Post by LinuxGal
Post by LinuxGal
or that HE has a problem with your masturbation?
Rather your statement that, "he worries about you surfing
Porn Hub and rubbing one out."
Ever hear of playing the Devil's advocate? This is sort
of the reverse situation.
So you were NOT surfing the web and downloading the
wickedness thereof. Is that what you are now trying to tell
us?
Oko tillo
2020-05-11 01:03:47 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by LinuxGal
Post by Andrew
Post by LinuxGal
Post by LinuxGal
or that HE has a problem with your masturbation?
Rather your statement that, "he worries about you surfing
Porn Hub and rubbing one out."
Ever hear of playing the Devil's advocate? This is sort
of the reverse situation.
So you were NOT surfing the web and downloading the
wickedness thereof. Is that what you are now trying to tell
us?
Teresita, I think our Andrew may just have surpassed even Homie
in his fixation on your sex life.

You ought to charge.

Oko
Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
2020-05-11 19:19:28 UTC
On Sun, 10 May 2020 18:03:47 -0700 (PDT), Oko tillo <***@gmail.com> wrote:
<...>
Post by Oko tillo
Teresita, I think our Andrew may just have surpassed even Homie
in his fixation on your sex life.
You ought to charge.
LOL, since when am I "fixated" on LG's sex life?

Actually, I don't even like to think about it much.

It makes me jealous that LG has a hawt young
wife and I don't. Is LG the better 'man'?

%
probably , i have a wife and it drives you nuts
Cloud Hobbit
2020-05-11 19:33:49 UTC

Just better than you, but who isn't?
Cloud Hobbit
2020-05-11 19:35:22 UTC
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Just better than you, but who isn't?
duke.

At least you can spell.
Andrew
2020-05-11 02:17:09 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by LinuxGal
Post by Andrew
Post by LinuxGal
Post by LinuxGal
or that HE has a problem with your masturbation?
Rather your statement that, "he worries about you surfing
Porn Hub and rubbing one out."
Ever hear of playing the Devil's advocate? This is sort
of the reverse situation.
So you were NOT surfing the web and downloading the
wickedness thereof. Is that what you are now trying to tell
us?
Then why have you expressly stated *your concern* for what
"God was thinking "while you were doing it, unless you were
under conviction of being naughty?
Lucifer
Why did God create wickedness?
Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
2020-05-11 19:23:46 UTC
On Mon, 11 May 2020, Lucifer <***@bigpond.com> wrote:

<...>
Post by Lucifer
Why did God create wickedness?
Stupid question. God did not create wickedness.

Good created free choice and wickedness is an
option of free choice. Because some of God's
creation choose evil over good does not mean
God created evil.

Evil is a function of the evil-doer - not God.
Get a clue already.

%
nobody listen to anything gerk says he doesn't even have a lawn
Lucifer
2020-05-11 22:42:47 UTC
On Mon, 11 May 2020 15:23:46 -0400, "Sir Hømer Hall, Esq."
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by Lucifer
Why did God create wickedness?
Stupid question. God did not create wickedness.
Good created free choice and wickedness is an
option of free choice. Because some of God's
creation choose evil over good does not mean
God created evil.
You do blaspheme.

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil:
I the Lord do all these things.
- Isaiah 45:7
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Evil is a function of the evil-doer - not God.
The evil doer was created by God.
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Get a clue already.
When people have children or pets they take on a moral
duty of care.
When God decided to create beings with thoughts and feelings
he took on a moral duty of care.
Dreamer In Colore
2020-05-12 03:15:46 UTC
On Tue, 12 May 2020 08:42:47 +1000, Lucifer
Post by Lucifer
On Mon, 11 May 2020 15:23:46 -0400, "Sir Hømer Hall, Esq."
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Get a clue already.
When people have children or pets they take on a moral
duty of care.
When God decided to create beings with thoughts and feelings
he took on a moral duty of care.
Your last statement is projection, because that's what you would do as
a parent, and it's difficult to imagine that a parent on the scale of
"omniscient/omnipotent/omnibenevolent" would not.

Clearly, if this fictional character existed, it should be called to
account for a lot.
--
Cheers,
Dreamer

"If God listened to the prayers of men, all men would quickly have
perished: for they are forever praying for evil against one another."

Epicurus
Cloud Hobbit
2020-05-17 21:25:52 UTC
Post by Lucifer
On Mon, 11 May 2020 15:23:46 -0400, "Sir Hømer Hall, Esq."
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Get a clue already.
When people have children or pets they take on a moral
duty of care.
When God decided to create beings with thoughts and feelings
he took on a moral duty of care.
Your last statement is projection, because that's what you would do as
a parent, and it's difficult to imagine that a parent on the scale of
"omniscient/omnipotent/omnibenevolent" would not.
Clearly, if this fictional character existed, it should be called to
account for a lot.
--
Cheers,
Dreamer
AA 2306
"If God listened to the prayers of men, all men would quickly have
perished: for they are forever praying for evil against one another."
Epicurus
If God exists, I hope he has a good excuse. Woody Allen

Religion. It's given people hope in a world torn apart by religion. John Stewart the Daily show
Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
2020-05-17 21:43:31 UTC
If God exists, I hope he has a good excuse. Woody Allen
Poor Woody. The Rube doesn't have much time left
to repent or he's going to regret his blasphemy while
he burns in the Lava Lakes.

I can just hear God telling Woody-on-the-Bema-Seat,
"Excuse THIS" (tips the seat and Woody slides into the
hell fires.

Peter Pan

Everyone knows there's no gravity in heaven/heck/hell.
Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
2020-05-21 00:24:25 UTC
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
If God exists, I hope he has a good excuse. Woody Allen
Poor Woody. The Rube doesn't have much time left
to repent or he's going to regret his blasphemy while
he burns in the Lava Lakes.
I can just hear God telling Woody-on-the-Bema-Seat,
"Excuse THIS" (tips the seat and Woody slides into the
hell fires.
Don't be so silly.
Everyone knows there's no gravity in heaven/heck/hell.
Even Teresita knows the Bema seat isn't in heaven.
So, what's your problem?

Peter Pan
2020-05-21 22:31:18 UTC
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
If God exists, I hope he has a good excuse. Woody Allen
Poor Woody. The Rube doesn't have much time left
to repent or he's going to regret his blasphemy while
he burns in the Lava Lakes.
I can just hear God telling Woody-on-the-Bema-Seat,
"Excuse THIS" (tips the seat and Woody slides into the
hell fires.
Don't be so silly.
Everyone knows there's no gravity in heaven/heck/hell.
Even Teresita knows the Bema seat isn't in heaven.
So, what's your problem?
You are confused, as usual. The bema seat is where the
judge sits, not the defendant. It may not be in Heaven
proper [TINH], but there's no reason to think it's on the
earth.
Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
2020-05-21 23:22:02 UTC
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
If God exists, I hope he has a good excuse. Woody Allen
Poor Woody. The Rube doesn't have much time left
to repent or he's going to regret his blasphemy while
he burns in the Lava Lakes.
I can just hear God telling Woody-on-the-Bema-Seat,
"Excuse THIS" (tips the seat and Woody slides into the
hell fires.
Don't be so silly.
Everyone knows there's no gravity in heaven/heck/hell.
Even Teresita knows the Bema seat isn't in heaven.
So, what's your problem?
You are confused, as usual. The bema seat is where the
judge sits, not the defendant. It may not be in Heaven
proper [TINH], but there's no reason to think it's on the
earth.
The Bema Seat is really more of a raised platform
where the judgment of sinners will take place.

Nobody knows until they experience it if they are
called up upon the seat but my thinking is that
they are so they can be individually judged. If
they are judged guilty the Bema can easily be
tipped until the guilty slide off and into the Lave
Lakes.

not, when I came to die, discøver that I had not lived." __Henry David Thøreau
Peter Pan
2020-05-22 00:10:45 UTC
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
[...]
The Bema Seat is unscriptural.

I'm pretty sure the bible says the dead are transported
up above the Firmament to a big courthouse in the sky, a
couple blocks from the pearly gates. First you watch a
video of your life, just like in the Chick comic. Then
the Big Guy tells you to fuck off with extreme prejudice.
Some angels issue you a snazzy new perfect body, then
kick you out through a portal. That wormholes you into
the core of a blue star. Your snazzy new body is
instantly incinerated, leaving the soul to flit about
aimlessly thru the star for a million years. Then the
whole thing goes kaboom, and soul ash & stardust are
strewn all about the galaxy.

You have a wonderful future to look forward to.

I've opted out of the heaven/hell track, ever since the
EU invented the Right To Be Forgotten. God hates that.
Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
2020-05-22 00:43:47 UTC
On Fri, 22 May 2020, Peter Pan <***@172.16.1.1> wrote:

<...>
Post by Peter Pan
I've opted out of the heaven/hell track, ever since the
EU invented the Right To Be Forgotten. God hates that.
You can't opt out of the afterlife. Heaven or Hell,
you get to choose. Try to choose wisely.

Lucifer
After the life comes the non-existence.
Atlatl Axolotl
2020-05-22 02:07:29 UTC
2a
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by Peter Pan
I've opted out of the heaven/hell track, ever since the
EU invented the Right To Be Forgotten. God hates that.
You can't opt out of the afterlife.
Hmmm ... OK, why not: for discussion's sake we'll just assume that there is such a thing.
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Heaven or Hell,
you get to choose. Try to choose wisely.
Yes, it does sound like you should perform an even more thorough investigation
and analysis than you would in, say, buying a home or deciding to marry.

Step One would be to try to decide which (if any) God, Goddess, Organism
(corporeal or otherwise) might be involved in this afterlife (if any).

It goes without saying that the most dangerous thing you could do would be to
blindly assume by default that the God/Goddess/Whatever whose traditions you
were -- purely by accident of birth -- raised to believe in was in fact that Being.

Simply assuming that would be as fatally mindless as buying a house because
it has the same mailbox as your childhood home or proposing on a first date
because she reminds you of your mother.

Kind of an impasse here...

Attila
2020-05-22 07:11:00 UTC
On Thu, 21 May 2020 20:43:47 -0400, "Sir Hømer Hall, Esq."
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by Peter Pan
I've opted out of the heaven/hell track, ever since the
EU invented the Right To Be Forgotten. God hates that.
You can't opt out of the afterlife. Heaven or Hell,
you get to choose. Try to choose wisely.
Where is the supporting evidence for that?
--
Some of the Republican positions I find disgusting and abhorrent.
Most of the Democratic positions I find terrifying.

Trump 2020

There are four despicable occupations:
Pimps
Politicians
Priests
Reporters

National Socialist American Worker's Party
formally known as the Democrat Party.

Don't build a wall, build a kill zone.
tirebiter
2020-05-22 16:31:30 UTC
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by Peter Pan
I've opted out of the heaven/hell track, ever since the
EU invented the Right To Be Forgotten. God hates that.
You can't opt out of the afterlife. Heaven or Hell,
you get to choose. Try to choose wisely.
Doesn't this alleged god possess "infinite mercy"? How could
such a being torture humans forever? Simply for not
believing in what isn't apparent?

In fact, infinite mercy would not withhold forgiveness for
any misdeed.

---
a.a. #2276
k***@gmail.com
2020-05-22 20:13:05 UTC
Post by tirebiter
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by Peter Pan
I've opted out of the heaven/hell track, ever since the
EU invented the Right To Be Forgotten. God hates that.
You can't opt out of the afterlife. Heaven or Hell,
you get to choose. Try to choose wisely.
Doesn't this alleged god possess "infinite mercy"? How could
such a being torture humans forever? Simply for not
believing in what isn't apparent?
God does not torture humans forever.
Don Martin
2020-05-22 20:39:17 UTC
Post by k***@gmail.com
Post by tirebiter
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by Peter Pan
I've opted out of the heaven/hell track, ever since the
EU invented the Right To Be Forgotten. God hates that.
You can't opt out of the afterlife. Heaven or Hell,
you get to choose. Try to choose wisely.
Doesn't this alleged god possess "infinite mercy"? How could
such a being torture humans forever? Simply for not
believing in what isn't apparent?
God does not torture humans forever.
Ah, has Hell set up a Parole Board? That takes the sting out of those
eternal sentences, doesn't it?
2020-05-22 20:58:02 UTC
Post by k***@gmail.com
Post by tirebiter
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by Peter Pan
I've opted out of the heaven/hell track, ever since the
EU invented the Right To Be Forgotten. God hates that.
You can't opt out of the afterlife. Heaven or Hell,
you get to choose. Try to choose wisely.
Doesn't this alleged god possess "infinite mercy"? How could
such a being torture humans forever? Simply for not
believing in what isn't apparent?
God does not torture humans forever.
REV.14:11 - And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for
ever and ever, and they have no rest day nor night, who
worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the
mark of his name.

https://twitter.com/LinuxGal
tirebiter
2020-05-24 13:53:35 UTC
Post by LinuxGal
Post by k***@gmail.com
Post by tirebiter
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by Peter Pan
I've opted out of the heaven/hell track, ever since the
EU invented the Right To Be Forgotten. God hates that.
You can't opt out of the afterlife. Heaven or Hell,
you get to choose. Try to choose wisely.
Doesn't this alleged god possess "infinite mercy"? How could
such a being torture humans forever? Simply for not
believing in what isn't apparent?
God does not torture humans forever.
REV.14:11 - And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for
ever and ever, and they have no rest day nor night, who
worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the
mark of his name.
I don't believe in this beast thingy either.

---
a.a. #2276
2020-05-24 14:41:28 UTC
Post by tirebiter
Post by LinuxGal
Post by k***@gmail.com
Post by tirebiter
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by Peter Pan
I've opted out of the heaven/hell track, ever since the
EU invented the Right To Be Forgotten. God hates that.
You can't opt out of the afterlife. Heaven or Hell,
you get to choose. Try to choose wisely.
Doesn't this alleged god possess "infinite mercy"? How could
such a being torture humans forever? Simply for not
believing in what isn't apparent?
God does not torture humans forever.
REV.14:11 - And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for
ever and ever, and they have no rest day nor night, who
worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the
mark of his name.
I don't believe in this beast thingy either.
2.823474229 - the logarithm of the beast

2, 3, 3, 37 - the prime factorization of the number of the
beast

0.666 - the number of the millibeast

DCLXVI - Roman numeral of the beast

696969 - the beast with two backs

https://twitter.com/LinuxGal
d***@cox.net
2020-05-24 18:12:34 UTC
Post by LinuxGal
Post by tirebiter
Post by LinuxGal
Post by k***@gmail.com
Post by tirebiter
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by Peter Pan
[...]
What a waste of e-space.
the dukester, American-American
tirebiter
2020-05-24 20:48:55 UTC
Post by LinuxGal
Post by tirebiter
Post by LinuxGal
Post by k***@gmail.com
Post by tirebiter
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by Peter Pan
I've opted out of the heaven/hell track, ever since the
EU invented the Right To Be Forgotten. God hates that.
You can't opt out of the afterlife. Heaven or Hell,
you get to choose. Try to choose wisely.
Doesn't this alleged god possess "infinite mercy"? How could
such a being torture humans forever? Simply for not
believing in what isn't apparent?
God does not torture humans forever.
REV.14:11 - And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for
ever and ever, and they have no rest day nor night, who
worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the
mark of his name.
I don't believe in this beast thingy either.
2.823474229 - the logarithm of the beast
2, 3, 3, 37 - the prime factorization of the number of the
beast
0.666 - the number of the millibeast
DCLXVI - Roman numeral of the beast
Which is simply all the individual Roman numerals in order
(minus) "M".

---
a.a. #2276
2020-05-24 21:11:20 UTC
Post by tirebiter
Post by LinuxGal
Post by tirebiter
Post by LinuxGal
Post by k***@gmail.com
Post by tirebiter
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by Peter Pan
[...]
So if some fellow named Dick Valox ever becomes President,
he's the Antichrist.

https://twitter.com/LinuxGal
d***@cox.net
2020-05-24 18:11:19 UTC
Post by tirebiter
Post by LinuxGal
Post by k***@gmail.com
Post by tirebiter
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by Peter Pan
I've opted out of the heaven/hell track, ever since the
EU invented the Right To Be Forgotten. God hates that.
You can't opt out of the afterlife. Heaven or Hell,
you get to choose. Try to choose wisely.
Doesn't this alleged god possess "infinite mercy"? How could
such a being torture humans forever? Simply for not
believing in what isn't apparent?
God does not torture humans forever.
REV.14:11 - And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for
ever and ever, and they have no rest day nor night, who
worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the
mark of his name.
I don't believe in this beast thingy either.
Your judgment date is on the docket.
the dukester, American-American
tirebiter
2020-05-24 13:49:26 UTC
Post by k***@gmail.com
Post by tirebiter
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by Peter Pan
I've opted out of the heaven/hell track, ever since the
EU invented the Right To Be Forgotten. God hates that.
You can't opt out of the afterlife. Heaven or Hell,
you get to choose. Try to choose wisely.
Doesn't this alleged god possess "infinite mercy"? How could
such a being torture humans forever? Simply for not
believing in what isn't apparent?
God does not torture humans forever.
That is not what many christians have told me. It's strange that
two christians rarely can give the same explanation for any of
their religion's claims about their god(s) and dogma.

---
a.a. #2276
LinuxGal
2020-05-24 13:51:13 UTC
Post by tirebiter
Post by k***@gmail.com
Post by tirebiter
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by Peter Pan
I've opted out of the heaven/hell track, ever since the
EU invented the Right To Be Forgotten. God hates that.
You can't opt out of the afterlife. Heaven or Hell,
you get to choose. Try to choose wisely.
Doesn't this alleged god possess "infinite mercy"? How could
such a being torture humans forever? Simply for not
believing in what isn't apparent?
God does not torture humans forever.
That is not what many christians have told me.
If he tortures humans at all he's an evil god.

https://twitter.com/LinuxGal
Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
2020-05-24 15:28:34 UTC
On Sun, 24 May 2020 06:51:13 -0700, LinuxGal <***@aqua.net> wrote:
<...>
Post by LinuxGal
If he tortures humans at all he's an evil god.
There is no proof that God tortures his children.

God gives us freedom of choice. We know if
we choose wrongly, the result could be the Hellfires.

We have been TOLD and we know this. Some of us
remain arrogant and the result is we torture ourselves
by choosing wrongly and stupidly and end up just where
we choose to be - burning in Hell.

LinuxGal
2020-05-24 15:45:52 UTC
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by LinuxGal
If he tortures humans at all he's an evil god.
There is no proof that God tortures his children.
HEB.12:6 - For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and
scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

https://twitter.com/LinuxGal
d***@cox.net
2020-05-24 21:23:22 UTC
Post by LinuxGal
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by LinuxGal
If he tortures humans at all he's an evil god.
There is no proof that God tortures his children.
HEB.12:6 - For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and
scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
I don't see "tortured".
the dukester, American-American
Attila
2020-05-24 18:11:38 UTC
On Sun, 24 May 2020 11:28:34 -0400, "Sir Hømer Hall, Esq."
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
There is no proof that God tortures his children.
I have yet to see any valid evidence supporting the existence of any
god.

Andrew
2020-05-24 20:34:10 UTC
Because there are none. God even told us that.
%
2020-05-24 20:39:38 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by Attila
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
There is no proof that God tortures his children.
I have yet to see any valid evidence supporting
the existence of any god.
Because there are none. God even told us that.
i have proof right here beside me ,
everyone is welcome to come and see it ,
refusal to come and see it is proof ,
that you know god exists and it scares the shit out of you ,
because you're guilty for the thing you did
d***@cox.net
2020-05-24 21:22:42 UTC
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by LinuxGal
If he tortures humans at all he's an evil god.
There is no proof that God tortures his children.
God gives us freedom of choice. We know if
we choose wrongly, the result could be the Hellfires.
We have been TOLD and we know this. Some of us
remain arrogant and the result is we torture ourselves
by choosing wrongly and stupidly and end up just where
we choose to be - burning in Hell.
LG just doesn't want to listen.
the dukester, American-American
d***@cox.net
2020-05-24 21:21:05 UTC
Post by LinuxGal
Post by tirebiter
Post by k***@gmail.com
Post by tirebiter
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by Peter Pan
I've opted out of the heaven/hell track, ever since the
EU invented the Right To Be Forgotten. God hates that.
You can't opt out of the afterlife. Heaven or Hell,
you get to choose. Try to choose wisely.
Doesn't this alleged god possess "infinite mercy"? How could
such a being torture humans forever? Simply for not
believing in what isn't apparent?
God does not torture humans forever.
That is not what many christians have told me.
If he tortures humans at all he's an evil god.
God doesn't but the message is still it's your judgment on the way you lived you
life in the flesh. Be good and listen to God.
the dukester, American-American
d***@cox.net
2020-05-24 21:16:59 UTC
Post by tirebiter
Post by k***@gmail.com
Post by tirebiter
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by Peter Pan
I've opted out of the heaven/hell track, ever since the
EU invented the Right To Be Forgotten. God hates that.
You can't opt out of the afterlife. Heaven or Hell,
you get to choose. Try to choose wisely.
Doesn't this alleged god possess "infinite mercy"? How could
such a being torture humans forever? Simply for not
believing in what isn't apparent?
God does not torture humans forever.
That is not what many christians have told me. It's strange that
two christians rarely can give the same explanation for any of
their religion's claims about their god(s) and dogma.
Then allow me to enlighten you.

1. There is no God torture involved.
2. The decision for heaven vs hell in YOUR decision.
3. You're judged by God when you die.
4. And the kicker is:
5. The Grand Chasm

Luke 16:19-31
Evangelical/Non-Denominational
Lazarus and the Rich man. Was the chasm meant as just a parable or does it
really exist?

Remember the "story" about those going to heaven waving in glee at those going
to hell.

You tell me.
2020-05-22 21:10:08 UTC
On Fri, 22 May 2020 09:31:30 -0700 (PDT), tirebiter
Post by tirebiter
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by Peter Pan
I've opted out of the heaven/hell track, ever since the
EU invented the Right To Be Forgotten. God hates that.
You can't opt out of the afterlife. Heaven or Hell,
you get to choose. Try to choose wisely.
Prove it, in-your-face moron.
Post by tirebiter
Doesn't this alleged god possess "infinite mercy"? How could
such a being torture humans forever? Simply for not
believing in what isn't apparent?
In fact, infinite mercy would not withhold forgiveness for
any misdeed.
The problems of infinities - especially when you combine two that are
mutually exclusive.
Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
2020-05-22 21:58:55 UTC
Prove it, in-your-face moron.
You atheists are all alike. "Prove it, prove it, prove it!"

Then when somebody proves it, you then resort
to hollering, "Liar!"

Grow up.

Oko tillo
2020-05-22 22:12:31 UTC
==
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
You can't opt out of the afterlife. Heaven or Hell,
you get to choose. Try to choose wisely.
Prove it, in-your-face moron.
You atheists are all alike. "Prove it, prove it, prove it!"
Then when somebody proves it, you then resort
to hollering, "Liar!"
I was not aware that you -- or anyone -- had proved the existence of an afterlife,
let alone the reality of heaven and hell.

Did I miss a post?

(I did see this one: https://tinyurl.com/y836ala6 )

Oko
Grow up.
Christopher A. Lee
2020-05-22 22:25:32 UTC
On Fri, 22 May 2020 15:12:31 -0700 (PDT), Oko tillo
Post by Oko tillo
==
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
You can't opt out of the afterlife. Heaven or Hell,
you get to choose. Try to choose wisely.
Prove it, in-your-face moron.
You atheists are all alike. "Prove it, prove it, prove it!"
Only when these morons beg the same question over and over again,
because they have neither the commonsense nor courtesy to grant that
only Christians believe that nonsense - and we aren't Christians.
Post by Oko tillo
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Then when somebody proves it, you then resort
to hollering, "Liar!"
Another lie. Nobody has ever proved it - just tried to argue it using
a mish-mash of fallacies.

They get treated as liars for lying - usually it is the falsehoods
they use as ad hominems because they cannot prove it.
Grow up.
Attila
2020-05-23 09:03:44 UTC
On Fri, 22 May 2020 17:58:55 -0400, "Sir Hømer Hall, Esq."
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Prove it, in-your-face moron.
You atheists are all alike. "Prove it, prove it, prove it!"
Then when somebody proves it, you then resort
to hollering, "Liar!"
Grow up.
That is the problem. No one actually proves it. The so called
evidence offered (if any) is on the order of ""Oh, look! A pile of
poop! That proves there is a god!".

So ambiguous as to be meaningless and never supported by independent
evidence.

Lucifer
I really want it is not evidence.
Attila

SkyEyes
2020-05-23 23:04:45 UTC
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Prove it, in-your-face moron.
You atheists are all alike. "Prove it, prove it, prove it!"
Then when somebody proves it, you then resort
to hollering, "Liar!"
Grow up.
You have yet to "prove" anything. Nor have you even provided the least shred of *evidence* for your position.

Brenda Nelson, A.A. #34
BAAWA Knight of the Golden Litterbox
Professor of Feline Thermometrics and Cat-Herding
***@cox.net
Oko tillo
2020-05-23 23:17:21 UTC
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Prove it, in-your-face moron.
==
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
You atheists are all alike. "Prove it, prove it, prove it!"
Then when somebody proves it, you then resort
to hollering, "Liar!"
Grow up.
You have yet to "prove" anything. Nor have you even provided the least shred of *evidence* for your position.'
Not for any lack of invitation to do so:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.atheism/bdLZWa9U4oY/gGFNfYxdAwAJ

Oko
d***@cox.net
2020-05-24 21:25:49 UTC
Post by Oko tillo
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Prove it, in-your-face moron.
==
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
You atheists are all alike. "Prove it, prove it, prove it!"
Then when somebody proves it, you then resort
to hollering, "Liar!"
Grow up.
You have yet to "prove" anything. Nor have you even provided the least shred of *evidence* for your position.'
You're invited.
d***@cox.net
2020-05-24 21:25:28 UTC
Post by SkyEyes
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Prove it, in-your-face moron.
You atheists are all alike. "Prove it, prove it, prove it!"
Then when somebody proves it, you then resort
to hollering, "Liar!"
Grow up.
You have yet to "prove" anything. Nor have you even provided the least shred of *evidence* for your position.
And like Homer said, you atheists don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to
supporting your own proclamations.
SkyEyes
2020-05-23 23:02:24 UTC
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by Peter Pan
I've opted out of the heaven/hell track, ever since the
EU invented the Right To Be Forgotten. God hates that.
You can't opt out of the afterlife. Heaven or Hell,
you get to choose. Try to choose wisely.
Do you have anything other than threats to contribute?

***@cox.net
Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
2020-05-24 01:13:23 UTC
<...>
Post by SkyEyes
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
You can't opt out of the afterlife. Heaven or Hell,
you get to choose. Try to choose wisely.
Do you have anything other than threats to contribute?
What kind of deluded intellect thinks Heaven is a threat?

Lucifer
Nobody wants to be trapped with God for eternity.
Oko tillo
2020-05-24 01:54:51 UTC
Post by Lucifer
On Sat, 23 May 2020 21:13:23 -0400, "Sir Hømer Hall, Esq."
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by Lucifer
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
What kind of deluded intellect thinks Heaven is a threat?
Nobody wants to be trapped with God for eternity.
Being trapped forever with the one you just watched set your relatives on fire?

There is that. Not to mention trying to amuse yourself forever and ever and ever
and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever
and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever .

And that's just the start.

But in the more immediate future, who wants to have to listen to this bad-LSD- trip quartet?

"And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the
midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of
eyes before and behind.

And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and
the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying
eagle.

And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full
of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy,
Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come".

Day and night. No breaks, no intermission. No escape.

An eternal Woodstock, and you just took the brown acid.

Oko
Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
2020-05-24 01:55:25 UTC
Post by Lucifer
Nobody wants to be trapped with God for eternity.
You don't speak for me and billions of other
Christians.

Lucifer
2020-05-24 07:29:20 UTC
Christians are nobody.
Oko tillo
2020-05-24 01:45:21 UTC
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
==
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by SkyEyes
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
You can't opt out of the afterlife. Heaven or Hell,
you get to choose. Try to choose wisely.
Do you have anything other than threats to contribute?
What kind of deluded intellect thinks Heaven is a threat?
Yeah, Heaven ...

Oh, and what was that other thing you mentioned?

Oko
Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
2020-05-24 02:05:11 UTC
On Sat, 23 May 2020 18:45:21 -0700 (PDT), Oko tillo <***@gmail.com> wrote:

<...>
Post by Oko tillo
Yeah, Heaven ...
Oh, and what was that other thing you mentioned?
I said either Heaven or Hell; you get to choose
so choose wisely.

Nobody's forcing you. You have free will so
feel free to chose whatever future tickles your
fancy.

Lucifer
2020-05-24 05:26:01 UTC
On Sat, 23 May 2020 22:05:11 -0400, "Sir Hømer Hall, Esq."
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by Oko tillo
Yeah, Heaven ...
Oh, and what was that other thing you mentioned?
I said either Heaven or Hell; you get to choose
so choose wisely.
Nobody's forcing you. You have free will so
feel free to chose whatever future tickles your
fancy.
I choose for everyone to be happy and healthy.
When will God put my choice into effect?
Christopher A. Lee
2020-05-24 10:14:50 UTC
On Sun, 24 May 2020 15:26:01 +1000, Lucifer
Post by Lucifer
On Sat, 23 May 2020 22:05:11 -0400, "Sir Hømer Hall, Esq."
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by Oko tillo
Yeah, Heaven ...
Oh, and what was that other thing you mentioned?
I said either Heaven or Hell; you get to choose
so choose wisely.
Nobody's forcing you. You have free will so
feel free to chose whatever future tickles your
fancy.
I choose for everyone to be happy and healthy.
When will God put my choice into effect?
He's a fucking moron.

I've never understood why so many of them take no notice whatsoever of
the fact that atheists aren't even closet Christians, yet they rudely
and stupidly talk _at_ us as if we were.
d***@cox.net
2020-05-24 21:27:25 UTC
Post by Oko tillo
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
==
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by SkyEyes
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
You can't opt out of the afterlife. Heaven or Hell,
you get to choose. Try to choose wisely.
Do you have anything other than threats to contribute?
What kind of deluded intellect thinks Heaven is a threat?
Yeah, Heaven ...
Oh, and what was that other thing you mentioned?
The atheist's home - hell.
Post by Oko tillo
Oko
the dukester, American-American
Attila
2020-05-24 01:51:57 UTC
On Sat, 23 May 2020 21:13:23 -0400, "Sir Hømer Hall, Esq."
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by SkyEyes
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
You can't opt out of the afterlife. Heaven or Hell,
you get to choose. Try to choose wisely.
Do you have anything other than threats to contribute?
What kind of deluded intellect thinks Heaven is a threat?
The threat is clear. If you don't choose properly there is a severe
punishment involved.

Of course, this is meaningless to those of us that ignores your silly
superstition.

d***@cox.net
2020-05-24 21:26:49 UTC
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by SkyEyes
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
You can't opt out of the afterlife. Heaven or Hell,
you get to choose. Try to choose wisely.
Do you have anything other than threats to contribute?
What kind of deluded intellect thinks Heaven is a threat?
Atheists live in a world of themselves.
the dukester, American-American
SkyEyes
2020-05-24 21:28:50 UTC
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by SkyEyes
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
You can't opt out of the afterlife. Heaven or Hell,
you get to choose. Try to choose wisely.
Do you have anything other than threats to contribute?
What kind of deluded intellect thinks Heaven is a threat?
If you think about it rationally - something that's a stretch for you, I realize - both heaven and hell are threats. Everlasting life, anywhere, would after a period of time get to be excruciating. There's a reason why Buddhists seek the ultimate release, oblivion, after many reincarnations. Stop fearing death. The evidence provided by science points to nothing more than a cessation of consciousness when the brain dies. To mangle a quote from Mark Twain, to be dead is to be how you were before you were born. It wasn't uncomfortable for you then, and it will be the same after you die.

Now let's go back and talk about so-called "free will" some more.

(And if you want to explain your theology to me again, be advised that I am *not* Suzie Homemaker. I am a retired technical writer and editor; kindly frame your analogies in terms of writing technical manuals, or documenting code. Thank you.)

Just so you know, I don't need to have the doctrine of Free Will explained to me; better men than you have already done that, around the middle of the last century. I understood it when I got saved at age 7. I understood it when I took classes to get baptized at age 11. I still understood it when I took classes in catholicism from a priest when I was 20. However, the older I got and the more I studied, the more I came to realize that the whole Free Will doctrine doesn't comport with reality; and indeed, modern neuroscience doesn't support the notion at all.

For the doctrine of Free Will to be theologically valid, everyone's will has to always be free, all the time - otherwise some would have a spiritual advantage over others, and some people couldn't be held responsible for the choices they made, which would be Divinely Unfair. Unfortunately for believers in this theological conceit (which is all it is), it can be demonstrated in real-world terms that many people, at many times, lack it. Ever dealt with a paranoid schizophrenic? I have - I married into a family of them. One, my brother-in-law, constantly made the most tragic and bizarre decisions because of the delusions and hallucinations his brain was always serving up. He was, in one sense, a very smart man - he could do math like nobody's business, and had completely re-wired the electrical setup in his parents' home at age 13. However, his intellect couldn't keep him from making bad choices or shield him from his poor impulse control. He demonstrably did not have free will.

Another category of people whose will is circumscribed is those who suffer from compulsions - like alcoholism, drug addiction, hoarding, overeating, shoplifting, etc. You can't help such people overcome their problems by appeals to any god or the doctrine of Free Will; their brains - the neural synapses - must be re-wired and re-directed in order to effect any change in behavior. This is done most successfully by psychological techniques, such as (but not limited to) operant conditioning (a.k.a. "instrumental conditioning"). If free will were a fact, operant conditioning wouldn't work - and it does.

Yet another circumstance negating the doctrine of Free Will is that of certain somatic diseases: brain tumors, for one; certain bacterial infections for another (look up toxoplasmosis and get a load of the behavioral changes it can cause in humans); and some degenerative diseases like Parkinson's, which can cause delusions affecting the sufferer's behavior. Even temporary environmental conditions, like a period of deprivation, can cause negative behaviors over which the person has no control.

And then, or course, there are our genes, which, while not per se *causing* behaviors (as far as we know at this point), are known to influence them.

In short, there are many physical factors which humans can't control which affect what we see as our "will" and the choices we make.

Neuroscientists have found through research that the unconscious part of the brain initiates actions before the conscious mind is aware that there is a "choice" to be made, and that the conscious mind reasons backwards to justify the action to be the result of choice.

To put it another way, "free will" is nothing more than an illusion based on, for the most part, ego, and in the case of theology, fear.

Next time, Homie, instead of merely parroting what the alpha males at church tell you and what appeals to your vanity and fear of death, try doing some research and finding out what is factual. Reality is always preferable to theological conceits.

***@cox.net
Don Martin
2020-05-24 12:59:00 UTC
Post by SkyEyes
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by Peter Pan
I've opted out of the heaven/hell track, ever since the
EU invented the Right To Be Forgotten. God hates that.
You can't opt out of the afterlife. Heaven or Hell,
you get to choose. Try to choose wisely.
Do you have anything other than threats to contribute?
In feeble minds Pascal's Wager never stales.
Lucifer
2020-05-22 01:55:31 UTC
On Thu, 21 May 2020 19:22:02 -0400, "Sir Hømer Hall, Esq."
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
[...]
One thing we do know is that God won't be the judge.
As the creator of everything God only judge himself.
LinuxGal
2020-05-22 01:33:40 UTC
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
If God exists, I hope he has a good excuse. Woody Allen
Poor Woody. The Rube doesn't have much time left
to repent or he's going to regret his blasphemy while
he burns in the Lava Lakes.
I can just hear God telling Woody-on-the-Bema-Seat,
"Excuse THIS" (tips the seat and Woody slides into the
hell fires.
Don't be so silly.
Everyone knows there's no gravity in heaven/heck/hell.
Even Teresita knows the Bema seat isn't in heaven.
So, what's your problem?
You are confused, as usual. The bema seat is where the
judge sits, not the defendant. It may not be in Heaven
proper [TINH], but there's no reason to think it's on the
earth.
It cannot be on Earth.

4:17 Then we who are alive, who are left, will be suddenly
caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord
in the air. And so we will always be with the Lord.

https://twitter.com/LinuxGal
Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
2020-05-22 16:13:45 UTC
Post by LinuxGal
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
[...]
Sorry, but last time I looked the air and clouds were on the Earth.

%
they were yesterday , my mountain was above the clouds
Peter Pan
2020-05-23 07:44:07 UTC
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by LinuxGal
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
[...]
Then Jesus didn't really go to heaven. He just rose up
into the earth.
Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
2020-05-23 14:20:20 UTC
Post by Peter Pan
Then Jesus didn't really go to heaven. He just rose up
into the earth.
Jesus rose up into the Earth's atmosphere first and after
that he rose up into Heaven.

This also proves that Hell isn't down in the center of the
Earth somewhere. Because those who go to Hell also
first rise up into Earths atmosphere and then to the
place where they will be judged which is somewhere
above the Earth's atmosphere but not in Heaven.

The Beam Seat is neither on Earth or in Earth's
atmosphere. It's in a place somewhere below Heaven
and between Heaven and Hell.

Attila
2020-05-23 14:44:08 UTC
On Sat, 23 May 2020 10:20:20 -0400, "Sir Hømer Hall, Esq."
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Peter Pan
Then Jesus didn't really go to heaven. He just rose up
into the earth.
Jesus rose up into the Earth's atmosphere first and after
that he rose up into Heaven.
Where is the evidence supporting that?

Where is the evidence supporting the existence of such a person?
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
This also proves that Hell isn't down in the center of the
Earth somewhere. Because those who go to Hell also
first rise up into Earths atmosphere and then to the
place where they will be judged which is somewhere
above the Earth's atmosphere but not in Heaven.
Where is the evidence supporting the existence of either place?
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
The Beam Seat is neither on Earth or in Earth's
atmosphere. It's in a place somewhere below Heaven
and between Heaven and Hell.
Supporting evidence for existence please.

Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
2020-05-23 17:52:07 UTC
Post by Attila
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Peter Pan
Then Jesus didn't really go to heaven. He just rose up
into the earth.
Jesus rose up into the Earth's atmosphere first and after
that he rose up into Heaven.
Where is the evidence supporting that?
Where is the evidence supporting the existence of such a person?
It's all recorded in history books and in the best selling
book in the world - The Bible.
Post by Attila
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
This also proves that Hell isn't down in the center of the
Earth somewhere. Because those who go to Hell also
first rise up into Earths atmosphere and then to the
place where they will be judged which is somewhere
above the Earth's atmosphere but not in Heaven.
Where is the evidence supporting the existence of either place?
It's in the Bible. You should try reading it instead of
criticizing it in your ignorance.
Post by Attila
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
The Bema Seat is neither on Earth or in Earth's
atmosphere. It's in a place somewhere below Heaven
and between Heaven and Hell.
Supporting evidence for existence please.
See my comments above.

Peter Pan
2020-05-23 19:57:00 UTC
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Attila
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Peter Pan
Then Jesus didn't really go to heaven. He just rose up
into the earth.
Jesus rose up into the Earth's atmosphere first and after
that he rose up into Heaven.
Where is the evidence supporting that?
Where is the evidence supporting the existence of such a person?
It's all recorded in history books and in the best selling
book in the world - The Bible.
The bible is the claim, not the evidence, as CH said.

For something as profound as Jesus's alleged life, there
is surprisingly little independent mention. And before
you go there, Josephus is highly suspect.
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Ditto.
aaa
2020-05-24 12:35:28 UTC
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Attila
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Peter Pan
Then Jesus didn't really go to heaven. He just rose up
into the earth.
Jesus rose up into the Earth's atmosphere first and after
that he rose up into Heaven.
Where is the evidence supporting that?
Where is the evidence supporting the existence of such a person?
It's all recorded in history books and in the best selling
book in the world - The Bible.
The bible is the claim, not the evidence, as CH said.
However, the truth of the Bible is the evidence.
Post by Peter Pan
For something as profound as Jesus's alleged life, there
is surprisingly little independent mention. And before
you go there, Josephus is highly suspect.
There is more than one way to prove a person's existence. Einstein
doesn't need to be proven historically. His theory will forever be the
evidence of his existence. In the exact same way, the spiritual and
philosophical teaching of Jesus is already the evidence of the
historical Jesus.

God's spiritual evidence is evident in everyone.
Find it and treasure it because it's the covenant of God.
It's the reason why we are given this life on earth.
It's the foundation why we can have meaning in life.

Let's all honor our personal spiritual evidence of God for the sake of
Christ!
Attila
2020-05-24 14:45:34 UTC
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Attila
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Peter Pan
Then Jesus didn't really go to heaven. He just rose up
into the earth.
Jesus rose up into the Earth's atmosphere first and after
that he rose up into Heaven.
Where is the evidence supporting that?
Where is the evidence supporting the existence of such a person?
It's all recorded in history books and in the best selling
book in the world - The Bible.
The bible is the claim, not the evidence, as CH said.
However, the truth of the Bible is the evidence.
You are assuming it contains truth. Why is that? How do you know it
isn't all lies?
Post by aaa
Post by Peter Pan
For something as profound as Jesus's alleged life, there
is surprisingly little independent mention. And before
you go there, Josephus is highly suspect.
There is more than one way to prove a person's existence. Einstein
doesn't need to be proven historically. His theory will forever be the
evidence of his existence.
Which theory would that be? There are several possibilities, some of
which have been proven wrong. Plus the obvious - the existence of a
theory is not proof of the existence of a particular person unless it
can be proven that person developed that theory.
Post by aaa
In the exact same way, the spiritual and
philosophical teaching of Jesus is already the evidence of the
historical Jesus.
Nope. Not even close for many reasons. Vagueness and ambiguity being
the main culprits.

Attila
2020-05-23 22:53:07 UTC
On Sat, 23 May 2020 13:52:07 -0400, "Sir Hømer Hall, Esq."
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Attila
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Peter Pan
Then Jesus didn't really go to heaven. He just rose up
into the earth.
Jesus rose up into the Earth's atmosphere first and after
that he rose up into Heaven.
Where is the evidence supporting that?
Where is the evidence supporting the existence of such a person?
It's all recorded in history books and in the best selling
book in the world - The Bible.
That particular source has a lot of problems. It has no independent
supporting evidence aside from a few geographical locations and
historical figures. On the same basis Gone With the Wind is an
accurate history account.

Additionally it has been translated, interpreted, and edited many
times. Each time by a group of persons with a vested interest in
keeping it's religious purpose viable. It kept them in power.

How am I to know it is not myth or deliberate lies?
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Attila
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
This also proves that Hell isn't down in the center of the
Earth somewhere. Because those who go to Hell also
first rise up into Earths atmosphere and then to the
place where they will be judged which is somewhere
above the Earth's atmosphere but not in Heaven.
Where is the evidence supporting the existence of either place?
It's in the Bible. You should try reading it instead of
criticizing it in your ignorance.
First I would need evidence that it isn't myth or deliberate lies.
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Attila
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
The Bema Seat is neither on Earth or in Earth's
atmosphere. It's in a place somewhere below Heaven
and between Heaven and Hell.
Supporting evidence for existence please.
See my comments above.
See my answering comments.

Peter Pan
2020-05-23 19:28:04 UTC
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Peter Pan
Then Jesus didn't really go to heaven. He just rose up
into the earth.
Jesus rose up into the Earth's atmosphere first and after
that he rose up into Heaven.
So heaven is up in the sky somewhere, possibly above the
firmament? Or in a different galaxy?

Since Jesus was still wearing his resurrected earthly
body, did angels need to fly down and minister to him
with oxygen and a pressure suit?
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
This also proves that Hell isn't down in the center of the
Earth somewhere. Because those who go to Hell also
first rise up into Earths atmosphere and then to the
place where they will be judged which is somewhere
above the Earth's atmosphere but not in Heaven.
I already told you hell is at the core of a star. Awesome
heat, intense radiation, crushing pressure.

You did seem to pick up a little of that info.
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
The Beam Seat is neither on Earth or in Earth's
atmosphere. It's in a place somewhere below Heaven
and between Heaven and Hell.
And it's where God sits during your judgment, not you.

https://www.chick.com/products/tract?stk=1&ue=d
See p. 9
Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
2020-05-23 20:06:24 UTC
On Sun, 24 May 2020, Peter Pan <***@172.16.1.1> wrote:

<...>
Post by Peter Pan
So heaven is up in the sky somewhere, possibly above the
firmament? Or in a different galaxy?
Probably in a different dimension. That makes the most sense.
When God said, "Let there be light" and released the Big
Bang, he obviously did so from a different dimension because
the dimension created by the Big Bang did not exist at creation
time.
Post by Peter Pan
Since Jesus was still wearing his resurrected earthly
body, did angels need to fly down and minister to him
with oxygen and a pressure suit?
No, Jesus is God so he can do things on and above Earth
that humans cannot.
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
This also proves that Hell isn't down in the center of the
Earth somewhere. Because those who go to Hell also
first rise up into Earths atmosphere and then to the
place where they will be judged which is somewhere
above the Earth's atmosphere but not in Heaven.
I already told you hell is at the core of a star. Awesome
heat, intense radiation, crushing pressure.
No, like Heaven is in a different dimension it is highly likely
that Hell likewise is.
Post by Peter Pan
You did seem to pick up a little of that info.
No, inside of a star there is no surface. It is more likely that
hell is on some planet in a different dimension which planet
is like our Venus.
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
The Bema Seat is neither on Earth or in Earth's
atmosphere. It's in a place somewhere below Heaven
and between Heaven and Hell.
And it's where God sits during your judgment, not you.
You don't know that. Some religious scholars believe the
Bema Seat is a platform of sorts. It is not hard to envision
God calling up an individual to be judged onto the platform.
Post by Peter Pan
https://www.chick.com/products/tract?stk=1&ue=d
See p. 9
Cartoons? C'mon, get serious.

Peter Pan
2020-05-23 21:18:31 UTC
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by Peter Pan
So heaven is up in the sky somewhere, possibly above the
firmament? Or in a different galaxy?
Probably in a different dimension. That makes the most sense.
When God said, "Let there be light" and released the Big
Bang, he obviously did so from a different dimension because
the dimension created by the Big Bang did not exist at creation
time.
Now you're saying God can't exist outside a dimension?
This is just getting better.

How many dimensions does a supreme being occupy?
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Peter Pan
Since Jesus was still wearing his resurrected earthly
body, did angels need to fly down and minister to him
with oxygen and a pressure suit?
No, Jesus is God so he can do things on and above Earth
that humans cannot.
Jesus is not God.

Mark 13:32
But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no,
not the angels which are in heaven, neither the
Son, but the Father.

Son & Father obviously don't share the same mind.
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
This also proves that Hell isn't down in the center of the
Earth somewhere. Because those who go to Hell also
first rise up into Earths atmosphere and then to the
place where they will be judged which is somewhere
above the Earth's atmosphere but not in Heaven.
I already told you hell is at the core of a star. Awesome
heat, intense radiation, crushing pressure.
No, like Heaven is in a different dimension it is highly likely
that Hell likewise is.
Hell has fire and brimstone (ionized, of course). What
dimensions do those exist in? Hellerrr?
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Peter Pan
You did seem to pick up a little of that info.
No, inside of a star there is no surface. It is more likely that
hell is on some planet in a different dimension which planet
is like our Venus.
Why does hell need a surface?
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Peter Pan
https://www.chick.com/products/tract?stk=1&ue=d
See p. 9
Cartoons? C'mon, get serious.
So you know more about the bible than Jack Chick? Dude,
he's a fundamentalist icon! You're going to hell just
for doubting him.

You need to read his comic tracts, get on your knees, and
accept Jesus. Right now. Reprot back later.
Oko tillo
2020-05-23 21:50:28 UTC
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by Peter Pan
Now you're saying God can't exist outside a dimension?
This is just getting better.
How many dimensions does a supreme being occupy?
Well superstring theory requires ten dimensions.

It's just that the extra ones are rolled up really really really really really
really really really tiny, which is why we don't detect them.

If that's where God is hiding, He's a really really really really really tiny God indeed.

Like Planck length tiny.

Oko
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
aaa
2020-05-24 12:26:26 UTC
Post by Oko tillo
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by Peter Pan
Now you're saying God can't exist outside a dimension?
This is just getting better.
How many dimensions does a supreme being occupy?
Well superstring theory requires ten dimensions.
It's just that the extra ones are rolled up really really really really really
really really really tiny, which is why we don't detect them.
If that's where God is hiding, He's a really really really really really tiny God indeed.
Like Planck length tiny.
Oko
The string theory only predicts the parallel dimension. God's dimension
is the higher dimension. They are not the same thing. The higher
dimension has total control and access to the lower dimension. It's just
like the eagle(a three dimensional animal) has total control over the
snake(a two dimensional animal).

Christ!
Attila
2020-05-24 14:48:13 UTC
Post by Oko tillo
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by Peter Pan
Now you're saying God can't exist outside a dimension?
This is just getting better.
How many dimensions does a supreme being occupy?
Well superstring theory requires ten dimensions.
It's just that the extra ones are rolled up really really really really really
really really really tiny, which is why we don't detect them.
If that's where God is hiding, He's a really really really really really tiny God indeed.
Like Planck length tiny.
Oko
The string theory only predicts the parallel dimension. God's dimension
is the higher dimension. They are not the same thing. The higher
dimension has total control and access to the lower dimension. It's just
like the eagle(a three dimensional animal) has total control over the
snake(a two dimensional animal).
Why do you say a snake is two dimensional? Are you aware a snake can
strike upwards? Are you aware some snakes live in trees? Are you
aware some snakes can fly?

Peter Pan
2020-05-24 17:37:53 UTC
The string theory only predicts the parallel dimension. God's dimension
is the higher dimension. They are not the same thing. The higher
dimension has total control and access to the lower dimension. It's just
like the eagle(a three dimensional animal) has total control over the
snake(a two dimensional animal).
LOL! This is a priceless pure-kookery aaaism.

Who knew snakes are 2-dimensional? Well, that's why you
can see right through them.

Does that include talking snakes? How was Eve so taken
in by a transparent snake?
——aaa goes all hyperdimensional
d***@cox.net
2020-05-24 21:32:21 UTC
Post by Oko tillo
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by Peter Pan
Now you're saying God can't exist outside a dimension?
This is just getting better.
How many dimensions does a supreme being occupy?
Well superstring theory requires ten dimensions.
It's just that the extra ones are rolled up really really really really really
really really really tiny, which is why we don't detect them.
If that's where God is hiding, He's a really really really really really tiny God indeed.
Like Planck length tiny.
But still all powerful.
Post by Oko tillo
Oko
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.

2020-05-24 12:13:09 UTC
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by Peter Pan
So heaven is up in the sky somewhere, possibly above the
firmament? Or in a different galaxy?
Probably in a different dimension. That makes the most sense.
When God said, "Let there be light" and released the Big
Bang, he obviously did so from a different dimension because
the dimension created by the Big Bang did not exist at creation
time.
Now you're saying God can't exist outside a dimension?
This is just getting better.
God's dimension is above and beyond the physical dimension. It's the
fifth dimension. To the human intelligence, it is not possible to
picture or imagine the fifth dimension.
Post by Peter Pan
How many dimensions does a supreme being occupy?
Infinite. God's dimension isn't a parallel dimension. It's the higher
dimension that is capable to control and occupy infinite number of
physical dimensions.

Christ!
Attila
2020-05-23 22:56:34 UTC
On Sat, 23 May 2020 16:06:24 -0400, "Sir Hømer Hall, Esq."
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by Peter Pan
So heaven is up in the sky somewhere, possibly above the
firmament? Or in a different galaxy?
Probably in a different dimension. That makes the most sense.
When God said, "Let there be light" and released the Big
Bang, he obviously did so from a different dimension because
the dimension created by the Big Bang did not exist at creation
time.
Or else it is all fiction.
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Peter Pan
Since Jesus was still wearing his resurrected earthly
body, did angels need to fly down and minister to him
with oxygen and a pressure suit?
No, Jesus is God so he can do things on and above Earth
that humans cannot.
How do you know that? Independent and verified sources of evidence
only please.
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
This also proves that Hell isn't down in the center of the
Earth somewhere. Because those who go to Hell also
first rise up into Earths atmosphere and then to the
place where they will be judged which is somewhere
above the Earth's atmosphere but not in Heaven.
I already told you hell is at the core of a star. Awesome
heat, intense radiation, crushing pressure.
No, like Heaven is in a different dimension it is highly likely
that Hell likewise is.
How do you know that?
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Peter Pan
You did seem to pick up a little of that info.
No, inside of a star there is no surface. It is more likely that
hell is on some planet in a different dimension which planet
is like our Venus.
Based upon what?
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
You don't know that. Some religious scholars believe the
Bema Seat is a platform of sorts.
Based on what?

d***@cox.net
2020-05-24 21:30:40 UTC
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Peter Pan
Then Jesus didn't really go to heaven. He just rose up
into the earth.
Jesus rose up into the Earth's atmosphere first and after
that he rose up into Heaven.
This also proves that Hell isn't down in the center of the
Earth somewhere. Because those who go to Hell also
first rise up into Earths atmosphere and then to the
place where they will be judged which is somewhere
above the Earth's atmosphere but not in Heaven.
The Beam Seat is neither on Earth or in Earth's
atmosphere. It's in a place somewhere below Heaven
and between Heaven and Hell.
But Jesus referenced the good wheat being stored and the wheat hulls being
burned.
the dukester, American-American
d***@cox.net
2020-05-21 19:40:34 UTC
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
If God exists, I hope he has a good excuse. Woody Allen
Poor Woody. The Rube doesn't have much time left
to repent or he's going to regret his blasphemy while
he burns in the Lava Lakes.
I can just hear God telling Woody-on-the-Bema-Seat,
"Excuse THIS" (tips the seat and Woody slides into the
hell fires.
Don't be so silly.
Everyone knows there's no gravity in heaven/heck/hell.
To know that puts you very, VERY close to satan.
the dukester, American-American
SkyEyes
2020-05-11 23:29:32 UTC
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by Lucifer
Why did God create wickedness?
Stupid question. God did not create wickedness.
Isaiah 45:7 King James Version (KJV)

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

There you have it, Homie, right from the horse's mouth.

***@cox.net
Don Martin
2020-05-12 12:49:46 UTC
Post by SkyEyes
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by Lucifer
Why did God create wickedness?
Stupid question. God did not create wickedness.
Isaiah 45:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
There you have it, Homie, right from the horse's mouth.
The profundity of the ignorance displayed by christians to their own
"holy book" never fails to astonish me. Next, this bozo will accuse
you of using a "bad" translation.
tirebiter
2020-05-12 13:20:13 UTC
Post by SkyEyes
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by Lucifer
Why did God create wickedness?
Stupid question. God did not create wickedness.
Isaiah 45:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
There you have it, Homie, right from the horse's mouth.
The profundity of the ignorance displayed by christians to their own
"holy book" never fails to astonish me. Next, this bozo will accuse
you of using a "bad" translation.
Years ago, I was on a long lasting forum where a christian tried
to convert atheists by being ultra-friendly. His catchall
deflection to things like this wasn't so much about translations,
but what he called "correct interpretations".

Any falsehoods, contradictions, or outright lies in the bible
could be resolved with "correct interpretation".

It didn't matter to him that a book that is considered the
word of god should not need interpreting, or why his
interpretations were more valid than anybody else's.

---
a.a. #2276
2020-05-12 16:26:14 UTC
On Tue, 12 May 2020 06:20:13 -0700 (PDT), tirebiter
Post by tirebiter
Post by Don Martin
Post by SkyEyes
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by Lucifer
[...]
"You may write what laws you like, so long as I may interpret them as
I please" may be the new motto of our Supreme Court.
Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
2020-05-12 16:47:49 UTC
On Tue, 12 May 2020, Don Martin <***@comcast.net> wrote:

<...>
Post by Don Martin
The profundity of the ignorance displayed by christians to their own
"holy book" never fails to astonish me. Next, this bozo will accuse
you of using a "bad" translation.
No, I accuse her of lacking elementary logic and you suffer
from the same lack - you and the majority of atheists for,
in order to be an atheist, logic must necessarily be put aside.

Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
2020-05-12 16:45:12 UTC
Post by SkyEyes
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by Lucifer
Why did God create wickedness?
Stupid question. God did not create wickedness.
Isaiah 45:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
There you have it, Homie, right from the horse's mouth.
Try to think out of your atheist box, girl.

That scripture says exactly what I said.

God created *free choice*. What is free choice
that lacks the options of free choice?. If there
is no option to choose evil then there is free
choice.

If you make a cake and it's a delicious cake
your guest has the freedom to eat or not to
eat of it. Free choice. What is evil when evil
is rejected? It is the lack of evil. What is
free choice without good and evil? It's not
free choice.

Here's an analogy you might understand, being
an illogical girl. Your oven has the option of
baking at 350 degrees or not baking at room
temperature. You have the option of choosing
one or the other. You choose to bake so you
choose 350 degrees.

If you did not have the option of choosing then
you could not bake. Likewise, if you did not have
the option of choosing between good and evil
you would not have free choice.

DOH! Why is it that arguing with women is just
like arguing with a young child? It's because
women lack adult logic.

SkyEyes
2020-05-23 23:24:38 UTC
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by SkyEyes
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by Lucifer
Why did God create wickedness?
Stupid question. God did not create wickedness.
Isaiah 45:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
There you have it, Homie, right from the horse's mouth.
Try to think out of your atheist box, girl.
I wasn't thinking in any "atheist box," you asshole, I was quoting the bible - you know, that book you pretend is the basis of your faith.
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
That scripture says exactly what I said.
God created *free choice*. What is free choice
that lacks the options of free choice?. If there
is no option to choose evil then there is free
choice.
As modern studies in so-called free will show, there really is no such thing. Our brains decide our actions before our minds are aware of a "choice" being made. Once again, you choose to base your arguments on dogma thought up millennia ago, by Bronze Age goat herders who hadn't the foggiest notion of science.
See above. The mind makes it's "choice" only after the unconscious brain has decided what to do. (https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2019/03/philosophers-and-neuroscientists-join-forces-see-whether-science-can-solve-mystery-free)
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Here's an analogy you might understand, being
an illogical girl.
I can out-logic you any day of the week since I don't predicate my arguments on dogmas and opinions that are vastly out-of-date.

Your oven has the option of
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
baking at 350 degrees or not baking at room
temperature. You have the option of choosing
one or the other. You choose to bake so you
choose 350 degrees.
I don't bother baking. Did you think you were going to appeal to my womanly instincts by making up an analogy using a household chore?

In addition to being profoundly stupid, you're a bigot and a misogynist. Small wonder you can't find a wife.
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
If you did not have the option of choosing then
you could not bake. Likewise, if you did not have
the option of choosing between good and evil
you would not have free choice.
I'm a Determinist, asshole. I see no evidence of free will - and neither does modern science.
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
DOH! Why is it that arguing with women is just
like arguing with a young child? It's because
women lack adult logic.
And you call what you preach "logical"? It is to laugh.

***@cox.net
Oko tillo
2020-05-24 02:21:33 UTC
Post by SkyEyes
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by SkyEyes
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by SkyEyes
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Here's an analogy you might understand, being
an illogical girl.
I can out-logic you any day of the week since I don't predicate my arguments on dogmas and opinions that are vastly out-of-date.
Oh, we already got into that:

-- https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.atheism/6JY8Djd-q1o/d4L-sG6aAwAJ

Correction: I got into that. Homer didn't seem to want to play.

Oko
Post by SkyEyes
Your oven has the option of
Andrew
2020-05-24 06:04:17 UTC
Post by SkyEyes
I see no evidence of free will - and neither does modern science.
The Devil ""made"" you do it. Such an excuse will not hold up.

You have obviously been deceived.
Oko tillo
2020-05-24 07:20:35 UTC
==
Post by Andrew
Post by SkyEyes
I see no evidence of free will - and neither does modern science.
The Devil ""made"" you do it. Such an excuse will not hold up.
Putting double double quotes around it doesn't make that anything
more Brenda either said or believes than if you had left it unadorned.

And of course, false witness boi, you know full well Brenda no more
believes in your Devil than she believes in the God your lies serve so poorly.

Oko
Andrew
2020-05-24 09:26:23 UTC
Post by Oko tillo
Post by Andrew
Post by SkyEyes
I see no evidence of free will - and neither does modern science.
The Devil ""made"" you do it. Such an excuse will not hold up.
Putting double double quotes around it doesn't make that anything
more Brenda either said or believes than if you had left it unadorned.
The point is that by claiming there is no "free will" you
are also implying that you are not responsible for your
decisions and actions.

This is _false reasoning_ , and such an excuse will not
hold up in any legitimate Court.
Lucifer
Is God responsible for his bad choices?
Oko tillo
2020-05-24 20:38:52 UTC
==
Post by Andrew
Post by Oko tillo
Post by Andrew
Post by SkyEyes
I see no evidence of free will - and neither does modern science.
The Devil ""made"" you do it. Such an excuse will not hold up.
Putting double double quotes around it doesn't make that anything
more Brenda either said or believes than if you had left it unadorned.
The point is that by claiming there is no "free will" you
are also implying that you are not responsible for your
decisions and actions.
Funny, my point was that you're deceptively putting words into Brenda's mouth.

Fortunately, few reading this were as gullible as you had hoped.

Oko
Attila

Andrew
2020-05-24 09:13:34 UTC
Post by Attila
Post by Andrew
Post by SkyEyes
I see no evidence of free will - and neither does modern science.
The Devil ""made"" you do it. Such an excuse will not hold up.
You have obviously been deceived.
I have yet to see any valid evidence supporting
the existence of any such entity.
That's because he has you deceived.
Attila
2020-05-24 11:30:54 UTC
On Sun, 24 May 2020 02:13:34 -0700, "Andrew"
Post by Andrew
Post by Attila
Post by Andrew
Post by SkyEyes
I see no evidence of free will - and neither does modern science.
The Devil ""made"" you do it. Such an excuse will not hold up.
You have obviously been deceived.
I have yet to see any valid evidence supporting
the existence of any such entity.
That's because he has you deceived.
That is the kind of ambiguous, meaningless and basically stupid answer
I have come to expect whenever I challenge anything involved with some
silly superstition.

Full of sound and fury while signifying nothing.

Exactly the same thing could be said for anything you can name.
Including werewolves, vampires, Smurfs, Santa Clause, fairies, elves,
and pink flying elephants. I suppose they all have me deceived since
I have seen no valid evidence supporting their existence either.

Andrew
2020-05-24 15:47:29 UTC
Post by Attila
Post by Andrew
Post by Attila
Post by Andrew
Post by SkyEyes
I see no evidence of free will - and neither does modern science.
The Devil ""made"" you do it. Such an excuse will not hold up.
You have obviously been deceived.
I have yet to see any valid evidence supporting
the existence of any such entity.
That's because he has you deceived.
That is the kind of ambiguous, meaningless and basically stupid answer
I have come to expect whenever I challenge anything involved with some
silly superstition.
Full of sound and fury while signifying nothing.
Exactly the same thing could be said for anything you can name.
Including werewolves, vampires, Smurfs, Santa Clause, fairies, elves,
and pink flying elephants. I suppose they all have me deceived since
I have seen no valid evidence supporting their existence either.
Then you condemn yourself because the FSM (and some other
deity) is in your own a.a. FAQ. And you testify right here that
there is no valid evidence supporting their existence
Attila
2020-05-24 18:15:13 UTC
On Sun, 24 May 2020 08:47:29 -0700, "Andrew"
Post by Andrew
Post by Attila
Post by Andrew
Post by Attila
Post by Andrew
Post by SkyEyes
[...]
Nonsense. I don't need some Flying Spaghetti Monster to act as a
silly substitute for some even sillier so-called god.

Since you admit there is no valid evidence supporting the existence of
any god I am mystified as to why you don't automatically reject them
all as pure myth.

Oko tillo
2020-05-11 00:31:30 UTC
Post by LinuxGal
Post by LinuxGal
Post by Andrew
You are obviously deceived about God
and have a problem with masturbation.
I have absolutely no problem with masturbation. But what
did I get wrong about God? That he created reality, or that
HE has a problem with masturbation?
Phrase from the Stephen King short story "Afterlife", which I'm currently
reading:

"Gina Scarponi -- once glimpsed sunning herself on the patio in filmy white
panties and nothing else -- was one of Bill's favorite fantasies when he was
still on his masturbation learner's permit".

Oko
LinuxGal
2020-05-11 00:51:15 UTC
Post by Oko tillo
Phrase from the Stephen King short story "Afterlife", which I'm currently
"Gina Scarponi -- once glimpsed sunning herself on the patio in filmy white
panties and nothing else -- was one of Bill's favorite fantasies when he was
still on his masturbation learner's permit".
The 39 Steps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glN3EtQqA0U

https://twitter.com/LinuxGal
Oko tillo
LOL!
%
you have an obsession with sexual deviance's
Andrew
2020-05-11 08:05:00 UTC
Post by LinuxGal
Post by Oko tillo
Phrase from the Stephen King short story "Afterlife", which I'm currently
"Gina Scarponi -- once glimpsed sunning herself on the patio in filmy
white panties and nothing else -- was one of Bill's favorite fantasies
when he was still on his masturbation learner's permit".
The 39 Steps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glN3EtQqA0U
you have an obsession with sexual deviance's
"For if you live according to the flesh
you will die; but if by the Spirit you put
to death the deeds of the body, you will
live."
~ Romans 8:13
John Locke
2020-05-11 15:31:11 UTC
On Mon, 11 May 2020 01:05:00 -0700, "Andrew"
Post by Andrew
Post by %
Post by LinuxGal
Post by Oko tillo
Phrase from the Stephen King short story "Afterlife", which I'm currently
"Gina Scarponi -- once glimpsed sunning herself on the patio in filmy
white panties and nothing else -- was one of Bill's favorite fantasies
when he was still on his masturbation learner's permit".
The 39 Steps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glN3EtQqA0U
you have an obsession with sexual deviance's
"For if you live according to the flesh
you will die; but if by the Spirit you put
to death the deeds of the body, you will
live."
~ Romans 8:13
"For if you live a normal, natural life as bequeathed to you
by nature, you will prosper and be happy but if you burden your mind
with the abnormal specter of medieval superstitions, you will have
wasted your precious gift". - John Locke 1:23

Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries,
the cruel and tortuous executions, the unrelenting vindictiveness
with which more than half the Bible is filled, it would be more
consistent that we call it the word of a demon than the word of God.
It is a history of wickedness that has served to corrupt and
brutalize humankind.- Thomas Paine
Attila
2020-05-14 11:58:12 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by LinuxGal
God, the first mover behind the Big Bang, the expansion of
space-time, the inventor of dark matter, dark energy and the
four forces, builder of infinite planets, stars and galaxies,
the instigator of evolution on Earth four billion years ago,
and he worries about you surfing Porn
Hub and rubbing one out.
You are obviously deceived about God
and have a problem with masturbation.
Nevertheless He loves you and has made
abundant provision for your salvation.
Quote from unverified source removed.

I am still agog over the idea that there is an eternal and all
powerful entity that can create universes yet is so egocentric it
demands to be worshiped and has approval over my sex life.

There are limits to my gullibility and this blows a long way past
them.