Is the Universe Fine-Tuned for Life and Mind?
Add Reply
b***@gmail.com
2018-11-07 06:52:19 UTC

2018-11-07 16:54:17 UTC
Is the Universe Fine-Tuned for Life and Mind?
http://youtu.be/2cT4zZIHR3s
..no, for the millionth time, the universe is NOT fine tuned.
Like water adapts to a hole in the road, we adapt to the
environment we find ourselves in. Now, stop beating the dead horse.
Siri Cruise
2018-11-07 17:08:25 UTC
Is the Universe Fine-Tuned for Life and Mind?
..no, for the millionth time, the universe is NOT fine tuned.
Maybe it is. Maybe it isn't. We currently have too little knowledge to decide.

MU. Your question has been unasked. Try again later.
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
An almond doesn't lactate. This post / \
Yet another supercilious snowflake for justice. insults Islam. Mohammed
Rev. Ken Jones
Never heard this before. What is wrong with Prof. Susskind's statement?
Christopher A. Lee
2018-11-07 17:41:45 UTC
On Wed, 7 Nov 2018 12:14:14 -0500, "Rev. Ken Jones" <"Rev. Ken
Post by Rev. Ken Jones
Post by John Locke
Is the Universe Fine-Tuned for Life and Mind?
http://youtu.be/2cT4zZIHR3s
..no, for the millionth time, the universe is NOT fine tuned.
Like water adapts to a hole in the road, we adapt to the
environment we find ourselves in. Now, stop beating the dead horse.
Never heard this before. What is wrong with Prof. Susskind's statement?
The guy who wrote "The Cosmic Landscape: String Theory and the
Illusion of Intelligent Design"?

Physicist Leonard Susskind Rejects Intelligent Design ...

Why are you so hung up on so-called "intelligent" design that you
can't shut up about it where it is off-topic, irrelevant and people
know just how ridiculous it is?
aaa
2018-11-07 19:31:12 UTC
Post by Rev. Ken Jones
Post by John Locke
Is the Universe Fine-Tuned for Life and Mind?
http://youtu.be/2cT4zZIHR3s
..no, for the millionth time, the universe is NOT fine tuned.
Like water adapts to a hole in the road, we adapt to the
environment we find ourselves in. Now, stop beating the dead horse.
Never heard this before. What is wrong with Prof. Susskind's statement?
The guy who wrote "The Cosmic Landscape: String Theory and the
Illusion of Intelligent Design"?
Physicist Leonard Susskind Rejects Intelligent Design ...
http://youtu.be/rDgzRIiQ4b8
So much for a physicist who doesn't even understand the second law.

MarkA
2018-11-08 19:02:45 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
http://youtu.be/2cT4zZIHR3s
No. WE are "fine tuned" for the Universe. That's how evolution works.
--
MarkA

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are
putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. -- Mark Twain
aaa
2018-11-09 02:23:30 UTC
Post by MarkA
Post by b***@gmail.com
http://youtu.be/2cT4zZIHR3s
No. WE are "fine tuned" for the Universe.
By whom?
Post by MarkA
That's how evolution works.
FYI, evolution never works. It's all imaginary that is forbidden by the
second law.

linuxgal
2018-11-09 03:26:22 UTC
Post by MarkA
Post by b***@gmail.com
http://youtu.be/2cT4zZIHR3s
No. WE are "fine tuned" for the Universe. That's how evolution works.
“This is rather as if you imagine a puddle waking up one morning and
thinking, 'This is an interesting world I find myself in — an
interesting hole I find myself in — fits me rather neatly, doesn't it?
In fact it fits me staggeringly well, must have been made to have me in
it!' - Douglas Adams
Carl Kaufmann
2018-11-08 22:15:24 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
http://youtu.be/2cT4zZIHR3s
So finely-tuned that the only life we know of inside a ~13 billion
light-year sphere is fully contained in a ~ 10 mile thick shell about
4000 miles in radius.
aaa
2018-11-09 02:25:53 UTC
Post by Carl Kaufmann
Post by b***@gmail.com
http://youtu.be/2cT4zZIHR3s
So finely-tuned that the only life we know of inside a ~13 billion
light-year sphere is fully contained in a ~ 10 mile thick shell about
4000 miles in radius.
You have greatly overestimated the human ability to know anything
outside the solar system.