Cartoon to tempt teenagers into priesthood
J Young
2007-04-29 16:24:49 UTC
In the aftermath of all the gay priest/alter boy scandals, the church
has been forced to change it's recruitment tactics. The cartoons are a
concept whose time has come.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/04/29/npriests29.xml

Japanese manga cartoons have become a multi-billion pound global
market, commonly associated with martial arts warriors rather than
with nuns and monks. But the Catholic Church in England and Wales is
launching its own comic strip this week to attract teenagers into the
priesthood.

It is using the comic book art form in an advertising campaign that
aims to combat the dramatic decline in the number of applicants for
ordination, and the resulting dearth of young priests.

The Church hopes that its manga comic, with pictures of nuns and monks
playing pool and surfing the internet, will help to improve the image
of the vocation, which leaders believe is seen as "monotonous and
boring".

The minimum age to enter a seminary is 18, but children as young as 10
are being targeted by the recruitment drive, which is encouraging them
to consider life as a parish priest or in a religious order.

"After Pope John Paul II died we saw an increase of interest not only
in the priesthood, but in Catholic life in general," said Fr Embery.
"The challenge for the Church is to recognise this and build on it."
Ray Fischer
2007-04-29 17:38:05 UTC
Post by J Young
In the aftermath of all the gay priest/alter boy scandals,
You're wondering if you'll still be able to get a piece of the action.
Post by J Young
the church
has been forced to change it's recruitment tactics.
Doesn't look good for you.
--
Ray Fischer
***@sonic.net
Enkidu
2007-04-29 18:55:13 UTC
Post by J Young
In the aftermath of all the gay priest/alter boy scandals, the church
has been forced to change it's recruitment tactics. The cartoons are a
concept whose time has come.
This plan will be every bit as successful as the abstinance-only sex
education programs you and the church push.
--
Enkidu AA#2165
EAC Chaplain and ordained minister,

The incredible credulity of the great mass of humanity persists unabated in
spite of the many advances in science, the availability of education, and
what was believed to have been a certain degree of social progress over the
millennia. Millions upon millions of people still tend to believe
ridiculous things, and a good number still want very much to die for them.
- David Hopewell Ph.D.
Doc Smartass
2007-04-29 18:57:23 UTC
Subject: Cartoon to tempt teenagers into priesthood
How novel. Usually it's the priests being tempted into teenagers.
--
Doc Smartass, BAAWA Knight of Heckling
aa # 1939

Help Prevent Projectile Stupidity
Duct-Tape a Fundie's Mouth Shut Today!
Dionisio
2007-04-29 19:00:19 UTC
Post by J Young
In the aftermath of all the gay priest/alter boy scandals, the church
has been forced to change it's recruitment tactics. The cartoons are a
concept whose time has come.
SWEET MERCIFUL HEAVENS!!!

How about a warning or something next time? Do you know how hard it is to clean a keyboard
saturated with Mountain Dew?!?

Catholicism via Manga?!? Let's see... Form-fitting habits, on doe-eyed nuns -- all
sporting well-formed breasts. When battling the Minions of Darkness, can't one just see
that high-kicking nun's leg sporting gorgeous gams, stiletto heels, and garter belt?
Exploding rosary beads. Mystically-imbued rulers that deal dea... erm, Salvation?

And then there's Manga's noted propensity for male-male relationships... Oh dearie me,
can't imagine how *that* could backfire.

Sheesh. I say again: "A little warning please."

Thank you.
--
And the Thought of the Moment (TM) is:

The hard part about being a bartender is figuring out who is drunk and who is just stupid.
--Richard Braunstein

(Brought to you by SigChanger. http://www.phranc.nl)
Parsifal
2007-04-29 21:07:43 UTC
Post by J Young
In the aftermath of all the gay priest/alter boy scandals, the church
has been forced to change it's recruitment tactics. The cartoons are a
concept whose time has come.
Do you seriously think this has any chance of success?
In which century do you live J Young?
Are you that naive?
ScottyFLL
Are you? Get a grip.
Parsifal
No. And why?
ScottyFLL
2007-04-30 08:36:35 UTC
Post by Parsifal
Post by ScottyFLL
Post by Parsifal
Post by J Young
In the aftermath of all the gay priest/alter boy scandals, the church
has been forced to change it's recruitment tactics. The cartoons are a
concept whose time has come.
Do you seriously think this has any chance of success?
In which century do you live J Young?
Are you that naive?
Are you? Get a grip.
No. And why?
Why??? Alright, don't get a grip.
Keep gasping for air.
Bill Allen
2007-04-29 21:24:23 UTC
Post by J Young
In the aftermath of all the gay priest/alter boy scandals, the church
has been forced to change it's recruitment tactics.
Yes, the priests are no doubt having a much more difficult time
"recruiting" these days.

<snip>
Post by J Young
The Church hopes that its manga comic, with pictures of nuns and monks
playing pool and surfing the internet, will help to improve the image
of the vocation,
Sounds like just the life for you, J.
Have you signed up yet?
Attila
2007-04-29 21:28:52 UTC
On 29 Apr 2007 09:24:49 -0700, J Young <***@aol.com> in
alt.abortion with message-id
Post by J Young
In the aftermath of all the gay priest/alter boy scandals, the church
has been forced to change it's recruitment tactics. The cartoons are a
concept whose time has come.
I agree the entire concept of religion fits well in a cartoon
framework. It would be exactly where it belonged.

Pro-Choice is Pro-Freedom
Al Klein
2007-04-29 21:42:45 UTC
Post by J Young
The cartoons
Your entire Church is a cartoon.
satyr
2007-04-29 21:51:51 UTC
Hey J, I fixed it for you. No need to thank me, it was easy.

On 29 Apr 2007 09:24:49 -0700, J Young <***@aol.com> should
have written:

Japanese anime cartoons have become a multi-billion pound global
pornography market, commonly associated with nubile young women rather
than with nuns and monks. But the Catholic Priests in England and
Wales are launching their own comic strip this week to attract
teenagers into the rectory.

It is using the comic book art form in a seduction campaign that
aims to combat the dramatic decline in the number of children allowed
to stay overnight, and the resulting dearth of sexual outlets for
priests.

The Priests hope that their pornographic anime comic, with pictures of
nuns and monks fornicating, playing in the pool with altar boys and
surfing the Internet for kiddie porn, will help to cement the image of
the vocation, which leaders believe is seen as "lecherous and
pedophilic".

The minimum legal age to enter an altar boy is 18, but children as
young as 10 are being targeted by the recruitment drive, which is
encouraging them to consider being sodomized by a parish priest or a
sadistic nun.

"After Pope John Paul II died we saw an increase of interest not only
in the pederasty, but in Catholic sex in general," said Fr. Ben Dover.
"The challenge for the Priests is find more young boys and violate
them."
--
satyr #1953
Chairman, EAC Church Taxation Subcommittee
Supervisor, EAC Fossil Casting Lab
Stephen Knight
2007-04-30 03:34:14 UTC
Post by J Young
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/04/29/npriests29.xml
Ha ha ha ha

How ironic that a superstition based on bullshit would use COMIC
Books to lure children into their brainwashing. I have to give it to
you catholic cannibals, nothing is beyond your morality.

The only place you thrive is in dirt poor ignorant populations.
Your crap is dying a quick death in intelligent populations. A fitting
death.

Maybe you shouldn't have exposed your true nature by protecting
sexual predators 'in the name of god'.

Warlord Steve
BAAWA
Meteorite Debris
2007-04-30 04:21:19 UTC
Last time that great scribe J Young <***@aol.com> chipped away
at his/her stone these gems of wisdom for posterity ...
Post by J Young
"After Pope John Paul II died we saw an increase of interest not only
in the priesthood, but in Catholic life in general," said Fr Embery.
"The challenge for the Church is to recognise this and build on it."
What sort of statement is this about JP2?
--
Remove both YOUR_SHOES before replying
apatriot #1, atheist #1417,

Apatriotism Yahoo Group

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make
you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
johac
2007-04-30 05:15:36 UTC
Post by J Young
In the aftermath of all the gay priest/alter boy scandals, the church
has been forced to change it's recruitment tactics. The cartoons are a
concept whose time has come.
Anime porn?
--
John #1782

"We should always be disposed to believe that which appears to us to be
white is really black, if the hierarchy of the church so decides."

- Saint Ignatius Loyola (1491-1556) Founder of the Jesuit Order.
*nemo*
2007-04-30 10:13:48 UTC
Post by J Young
In the aftermath of all the gay priest/alter boy scandals, the church
has been forced to change it's recruitment tactics. The cartoons are a
concept whose time has come.
Yeah, I'm sure a cartoon is all that would be needed to convince a
teenager that a life without sex is the best choice around.

:P
--
Nemo - EAC Commissioner for Bible Belt Underwater Operations.
Atheist #1331 (the Palindrome of doom!)
Quotemeister since March 2002
Jos Flachs
2007-05-02 11:12:09 UTC
Post by J Young
In the aftermath of all the gay priest/alter boy scandals, the church
has been forced to change it's recruitment tactics. The cartoons are a
concept whose time has come.
Indeed it has. Especially if they opt for Yaoi.

WHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!