To Ask "Where Is God in This Pandemic?" Is to Acknowledge that God Exists
b***@gmail.com
2020-03-25 14:22:00 UTC
To Ask "Where Is God in This Pandemic?" Is to Acknowledge that God Exists

The problem of theodicy is real, of course. We don't always know or understand
God's ways.

<https://evolutionnews.org/2020/03/to-ask-where-is-god-in-this-pandemic-is-to-acknowledge-that-god-exists/>

or

https://tinyurl.com/v5pw36o
Kevrob
2020-03-25 15:07:05 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
To Ask "Where Is God in This Pandemic?" Is to Acknowledge that God Exists
The problem of theodicy is real, of course. We don't always know or understand
God's ways.
<https://evolutionnews.org/2020/03/to-ask-where-is-god-in-this-pandemic-is-to-acknowledge-that-god-exists/>
or
https://tinyurl.com/v5pw36o

Duncan does realize that "if there were a ghod, why is it
ignoring all the prayers asking to end the pandemic" is a
totally valid point, doesn't he?

Of course, not. He wants destruction and suffering for
the great mass of people, not "saved." What a fucker.

2020-03-25 18:31:58 UTC
http://youtu.be/mjFfH9imgws
Duncan does realize that "if there were a ghod, why is it
ignoring all the prayers asking to end the pandemic" is a
totally valid point, doesn't he?
What Duncan realizes is that Kevrob is asking a question about a
"ghod" that Kevrob has fabricated in his head. Kevrob is not asking
about the God of the Bible. The God of the Bible is not an "it".
Nor is He an errand-boy that we can give orders to, and that He
must obey.

Duncan knows that Kevrob is only pretending to know something that
actually Kevrob knows nothing about.

Duncan also knows that Kevrob is a double-minded hypocrite operating
with two sets of rules. One set when Kevrob is talking about "trolls",
and another set when Kevrob is talking to "trolls".
Kevrob
2020-03-25 20:28:24 UTC
Post by Bob
Post by Kevrob
Post by b***@gmail.com
To Ask "Where Is God in This Pandemic?" Is to Acknowledge that God Exists
The problem of theodicy is real, of course. We don't always know or understand
God's ways.
<https://evolutionnews.org/2020/03/to-ask-where-is-god-in-this-pandemic-is-to-acknowledge-that-god-exists/>
or
https://tinyurl.com/v5pw36o
http://youtu.be/mjFfH9imgws
Duncan does realize that "if there were a ghod, why is it
ignoring all the prayers asking to end the pandemic" is a
totally valid point, doesn't he?
[restoring snip]

Post by Bob
What Duncan realizes is that Kevrob is asking a question about a
"ghod" that Kevrob has fabricated in his head.
All ghodz are fabricated in the heads of those who dream
them up. There aren't any _real_ ones.
Post by Bob
Kevrob is not asking about the God of the Bible. The God of
the Bible is not an "it".
Yahooey is, essentially, sexless, unless you want to ditch
monotheism* and bring back the ex-wife, Asherah.
Post by Bob
Nor is He an errand-boy that we can give orders to, and that
He must obey.
But so many Christians believe their ghod hears their prayers, and
will grant what is asked for in Josh's name.

[quote]

Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive.

[/quote] - Matt 21:22

http://www.usccb.org/bible/matthew/21

Now, I don't have faith, and I'm not asking, but surely
people with faith are. Do those folks notn have faith?

I suppose you are the only one with faith, and you aren't
asking, because "to hell with the reprobates."
Post by Bob
Duncan knows that Kevrob is only pretending to know
something that actually Kevrob knows nothing about.
Your "I have the secret knowledge but you reprobates are
forbidden it" is crap. One can't have a discussion under
rules like that. You have no intention to debate, just
to insult atheists and appeal to "unregenerated lurkers,"
as if there were such beings.
Post by Bob
Duncan also knows that Kevrob is a double-minded hypocrite
operating with two sets of rules. One set when Kevrob is
talking about "trolls", and another set when Kevrob is talking
to "trolls".
Arguing in the alternative isn't being "dopuble-minded." You
make outrageous claims, based on your mythology. Pointing out
its internal inconsistency and lack of cingruency with reality
is perfectly fair.

Proselytizing is off-charter, here. Ruipping apart a troll's
statements is on-charter.

If a benevolent deity could put an end to sickness
and pain, why wouldn't it?
now?

a) It's all a myth, and believers are kidding themselves.

b) Their ghod is real, but it is a sadistic monster, who
is either indifferent to suffering or, worse, enjoys it.

Of course, there is...

c) It exists, but is not capable of stopping this,
hence, less than omnipotent.

[quote]

If God is unable to prevent evil, then he is not all-powerful.
If God is not willing to prevent evil, then he is not all-good.
If God is both willing and able to prevent evil, then why does evil exist?

[/quote]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trilemma#Epicurus'_trilemma

Oko tillo
2020-03-25 20:40:06 UTC
Post by Bob
Post by Bob
Duncan knows that Kevrob is only pretending to know
something that actually Kevrob knows nothing about.
==
Post by Kevrob
Your "I have the secret knowledge but you reprobates are
forbidden it" is crap. One can't have a discussion under
rules like that. You have no intention to debate, just
to insult atheists and appeal to "unregenerated lurkers,"
as if there were such beings.
Well, yeah.

I made it known to everyone when I first came here that I'm not at all
interested in discussions or "debates", as some of you like to call it".

-- whossname these days, 12/12/19

Oko
2020-03-25 22:36:40 UTC
Post by Oko tillo
I made it known to everyone when I first came here that I'm not at all
interested in discussions or "debates", as some of you like to call it".
-- Bob Duncan, 12/12/19

You cannot show me even one legitimate, rational, and civil "debate"
here in a.a., between a Christian and a non-Christian, ever.

That has never happened.

I was merely pointing out that fact.
Mitchell Holman
2020-03-26 01:33:19 UTC
Post by Bob
Post by Oko tillo
I made it known to everyone when I first came here that I'm not at all
interested in discussions or "debates", as some of you like to call it".
-- Bob Duncan, 12/12/19
You cannot show me even one legitimate, rational, and civil "debate"
here in a.a., between a Christian and a non-Christian, ever.
That has never happened.
That is because all debates end with the
Christians - like yourself - falling back in
a "you just have to have faith" retreat.
LinuxGal
2020-03-26 01:40:47 UTC
That is because all debates end with the
Christians - like yourself - falling back in
a "you just have to have faith" retreat.
"Creationism is scientific. God said it, I believe it, end
of discussion!"
--
I have spoken.

Not to mention that they don't even try to find common ground.
Bob
2020-03-25 22:25:54 UTC
[restoring snip]
- - Of course, not. He wants destruction and suffering for
- - the great mass of people, not "saved."
Where's your proof? That assertion requires proof.

Without proof, that assertion becomes a lie.

And you become a liar.

And I will have proof that you are a liar.

Then you'll have a good reason for not wanting me here.

Once I have that proof that you are a liar, I will not stop
posting it here, in a.a., every day, of every week, of every
month, of every year.

I'm not kidding. I'll be your worst enemy.

I'll be that nightmare that will not go away.

I promise you, I will.

You need to show proof for your assertion. Now.

Where's your proof?

If you don't prove your assertion, then I'll have proof that
you are a liar. And the war will begin.
Mitchell Holman
2020-03-26 01:34:40 UTC
Post by Bob
Post by Kevrob
[restoring snip]
- - Of course, not. He wants destruction and suffering for
- - the great mass of people, not "saved."
Where's your proof? That assertion requires proof.
Without proof, that assertion becomes a lie.
Unless YOU post it, in which case you demand
that everyone else prove you wrong.

"But if you don't believe it's true, then the
burden of proof is on you. It's up to you to
prove it's not true."
Robert Duncan aka "Bob", Sept 23 2019
https://tinyurl.com/y5xbs988
Kevrob
2020-03-26 03:57:45 UTC
Post by Bob
Post by Kevrob
[restoring snip]
- - Of course, not. He wants destruction and suffering for
- - the great mass of people, not "saved."
Where's your proof? That assertion requires proof.
Without proof, that assertion becomes a lie.
And you become a liar.
And I will have proof that you are a liar.
Then you'll have a good reason for not wanting me here.
Once I have that proof that you are a liar, I will not stop
posting it here, in a.a., every day, of every week, of every
month, of every year.
I'm not kidding. I'll be your worst enemy.
I'll be that nightmare that will not go away.
I promise you, I will.
You need to show proof for your assertion. Now.
Where's your proof?
If you don't prove your assertion, then I'll have proof that
you are a liar. And the war will begin.
You are a big fan of that nut, Calvin, who wrote a
book chapter titled:

"Eternal Election, By Which God Has Predestined
Some to Salvation, Others to Destruction"

Institutes of the Christian Religion, Book 3

[quote]

All are not created on equal terms, but some are preordained
to eternal life, others to eternal damnation;...

[/quote]

https://history.hanover.edu/courses/excerpts/346cal2.html

...and we are to assume you take a "thy will be done" attitude
towards what you think your imaginary Cosmic Tyrant is supposed
to want, at least per the Butcher of Geneva.

You even started a thread, presumably to get "unregenerated
lurkers" to read it, crack the "Institutes," read he Bible and
join the elect.

Lookee here!

[quote]

Of the Eternal Election, By Which God Has Predestined Some to
Salvation, and Others to Destruction

[/quote] - Message-ID: <lv4096$kci$***@dont-email.me>

http://al.howardknight.net/?STYPE=msgid&MSGI=%3Clv4096%24kci%241%40dont-email.me%3E

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!original/alt.atheism/iwpfFoTAEAM/MVSSJcbFsDYJ

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/alt.atheism/iwpfFoTAEAM/MVSSJcbFsDYJ

We don't treat you or your arguments with respect because:

A ) Proselytizing is off-charter

B ) You have flooded the group with cut-and-paste sermonizing,
which is off-charter spam.

C ) When someone grapples with your arguments, or those
in your copypasta, your rebuttals boil down to:

1) You don't understand, because ghod doesn't want you to.

2) Read these 1,800 pages by some crank, if not Calvin, then
Spurgeon, or the like.

{I'd never try to get anyone to vote Libertarian by using
"first, read ATLAS SHRUGGED, then get back to me."}

C ) alt.atheism is not a forum for posting Christian apologetics,
to beard non-believers in their own den. That's this one:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/atheism-v-christianity

The readers of a.a are not your audience. Go to Facebook
or Blogger or Tik Tok for all I care. Leave us the feck
alone, as my Irish cousins would say.

The group FAQ says "Trolls will be treated as what they are."

2020-03-26 16:20:11 UTC
You don't like it that I'm here because I expose your charade
of pretending to know something that you know nothing about.

You like being a double-minded two-faced hypocrite operating
with two sets of rules. One set when you talk about "trolls",
and the other set when you're talking to "trolls". To you, a
"troll" is somebody you cannot control. Somebody who reveals
some of your secrets that you would like to keep secret.

You do what liars do. That's why you're a liar.

I suggest you get used to this. I'm not going anywhere.

Why should I? I know your weaknesses.
Cloud Hobbit
2020-03-26 18:48:08 UTC
Post by Bob
You don't like it that I'm here because I expose your charade
of pretending to know something that you know nothing about.
You like being a double-minded two-faced hypocrite operating
with two sets of rules. One set when you talk about "trolls",
and the other set when you're talking to "trolls". To you, a
"troll" is somebody you cannot control. Somebody who reveals
some of your secrets that you would like to keep secret.
You do what liars do. That's why you're a liar.
I suggest you get used to this. I'm not going anywhere.
Why should I? I know your weaknesses.
Nah, that's not it. People don't like you because you're a pompous, lying dickhead.

Should we poll the people here and get confirmation?

If there was an election tomorrow, you'd lose.
Kevrob
2020-03-27 15:17:22 UTC
Post by Bob
You don't like it that I'm here because I expose your charade
of pretending to know something that you know nothing about.
You like being a double-minded two-faced hypocrite operating
with two sets of rules. One set when you talk about "trolls",
and the other set when you're talking to "trolls". To you, a
"troll" is somebody you cannot control. Somebody who reveals
some of your secrets that you would like to keep secret.
You do what liars do. That's why you're a liar.
I suggest you get used to this. I'm not going anywhere.
Why should I? I know your weaknesses.
Nah, that's not it. People don't like you because you're a pompous, lying dickhead.
Should we poll the people here and get confirmation?
If there was an election tomorrow, you'd lose.
These are the definitions of "troll."

[quote]

1. v.,n. [From the Usenet group alt.folklore.urban] To utter a posting
on Usenet designed to attract predictable responses or flames; or, the
post itself. Derives from the phrase "trolling for newbies" which in turn
comes from mainstream "trolling", a style of fishing in which one trails
bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite. The well-constructed troll is
a post that induces lots of newbies and flamers to make themselves look
even more clueless than they already do, while subtly conveying to the
more savvy and experienced that it is in fact a deliberate troll. If you
don't fall for the joke, you get to be in on it. See also YHBT.

2. n. An individual who chronically trolls in sense 1; regularly
posts specious arguments, flames or personal attacks to a newsgroup,
discussion list, or in email for no other purpose than to annoy someone
or disrupt a discussion. Trolls are recognizable by the fact that they have
no real interest in learning about the topic at hand - they simply want to
utter flame bait. Like the ugly creatures they are named after, they exhibit
no redeeming characteristics, and as such, they are recognized as a lower
form of life on the net, as in, "Oh, ignore him, he's just a troll."
Compare kook.

3. n. [Berkeley] Computer lab monitor. A popular campus job for CS
students. Duties include helping newbies and ensuring that lab policies
are followed. Probably so-called because it involves lurking in dark
cavelike corners.

Some people claim that the troll (sense 1) is properly a narrower
category than flame bait, that a troll is categorized by containing
some assertion that is wrong but not overtly controversial. See also
Troll-O-Meter.

[/quote]

http://www.catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/T/troll.html

The use of 'troll' in any of these senses is a live metaphor that
readily produces elaborations and combining forms. For example, one
not infrequently sees the warning "Do not feed the troll" as part of a
followup to troll postings.

http://www.catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/T/troll.html

Sense 2, especially "regularly posts specious arguments, flames or
personal attacks to a newsgroup, ...... for no other purpose than
to annoy someone or disrupt a discussion"...is most applicable to Duncan.
He's been shown proselytizing is off-charter behavior, but he persists,
even though the regular participants in the group are not his expressed
target audience, some small, mythical sub-set of those who lurk but do
not post are.

He's vile, and just about the worst recruiter for any movement truly
seeking to be popular I could imagine. He supposedly doesn't care
if his movement has many members, just the "chosen few." Still,
"every knee must bend," so there's that confusion.

Harry Krishna
2020-03-25 16:27:53 UTC
That's pretty stupid even for you.
Davej
2020-03-25 20:45:19 UTC
And nobody is asking that except you moron theists.
JWS
2020-03-25 20:58:55 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
To Ask "Where Is God in This Pandemic?" Is to Acknowledge that God Exists
The problem of theodicy is real, of course. We don't always know or understand
God's ways
Just giving you assholes yet another chance to
back up your bullshit. You can not do it.

You don't understand gos's ways? No shit! In that
case, on what basis then do you post anything here?

You don't know anything or understand anything.
The most correct thing you have ever said.
Bob
2020-03-25 22:11:14 UTC
Post by JWS
Post by b***@gmail.com
To Ask "Where Is God in This Pandemic?" Is to Acknowledge that God Exists
The problem of theodicy is real, of course. We don't always know or understand
God's ways
<https://evolutionnews.org/2020/03/to-ask-where-is-god-in-this-pandemic-is-to-acknowledge-that-god-exists/>
or
https://tinyurl.com/v5pw36o
You don't know anything or understand anything.
The most correct thing you have ever said.
Those are not my words. I didn't say it.

You want to keep making yourself look like a fool?

Then that's your problem, not mine.

You're welcome.

<smirk>
tesla sTinker
2020-03-25 22:39:55 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
To Ask "Where Is God in This Pandemic?" Is to Acknowledge that God Exists
The problem of theodicy is real, of course. We don't always know or understand
God's ways.
<https://evolutionnews.org/2020/03/to-ask-where-is-god-in-this-pandemic-is-to-acknowledge-that-god-exists/>
or
https://tinyurl.com/v5pw36o
God gave all men an order. Your supposed to do it.
And yes, there is more than one order in the group.
Precepts.
With ultimatums. So do not believe, there is just ten
commandments. So to understand it, nope, the majority do not.
And do not want to listen.
And mostly today, that is their own fault, for the internet, is an open
book.

And, you do not have to buy the book, there is always another one
that robs you of it. Its Your choice, all those who do not know wisdom.
Can choose to know it. OR, not to. Expect the consequence.
Same as when you break atoms in water and give it spark. It goes boom.

To bad gasoline man. That is life. And believe me, it does not happen
from evolution. In other places, there would be differ elements. As
in, why is Heaven not even visible, I can only say, cause the angels
are not. Where is God, that must be a joke right? He is right here.
michellemalkingmail.com