25 stupid arguments Christians should avoid
2018-06-13 22:48:19 UTC
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/crossexamined/2014/09/25-stupid-arguments-christians-should-avoid/
%
2018-06-13 22:51:56 UTC
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/crossexamined/2014/09/25-stupid-arguments-christians-should-avoid/
i can do better than that ,
i can avoid going to the web site
Kit
2018-06-13 23:48:41 UTC
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/crossexamined/2014/09/25-stupid-arguments-christians-should-avoid/
I'll have to disagree with argument #15. Even the author noted there are circumstances where a Bible quote is warranted.

"As proof that the Bible makes a particular claim, Bible quotes are fine. I use them myself. But don’t cite a Bible quote as evidence of something important. You realize I don’t consider the Bible authoritative, right?"

I also disagree with point #34. Some people have invested too much into their religion, and leaving would be disastrous.

-- Kit
Cloud Hobbit
2018-06-14 06:02:17 UTC
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/crossexamined/2014/09/25-stupid-arguments-christians-should-avoid/
I'll have to disagree with argument #15. Even the author noted there are circumstances where a Bible quote is warranted.

"As proof that the Bible makes a particular claim, Bible quotes are fine. I use them myself. But don’t cite a Bible quote as evidence of something important. You realize I don’t consider the Bible authoritative, right?"

I also disagree with point #34. Some people have invested too much into their religion, and leaving would be disastrous.

-- Kit
_____________________

Your disagreements seem reasonable, I concede them.

I post these lists not necessarily because I agree with every word but to start discussion of the things on the list.

Since I'm vain enough to consider myself mostly rational, I'm always willing to entertain different points of view and hopefully learn something in the process as long as I'm not being trolled.

It's always a pleasure reading your posts as they are always reasonable and bullshit free.
v***@gmail.com
2018-06-14 04:39:09 UTC
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/crossexamined/2014/09/25-stupid-arguments-christians-should-avoid/
What Christian is gonna take advice from you?
hypatiab7(hypatiab7)
2018-06-14 08:25:53 UTC
You definitely won't.
v***@gmail.com
2018-06-14 08:38:02 UTC
I'm not a Christian, idiot.
Slaveholders Can Tell Me Nothing About Human Right
We are NOT One. Who wants to be one with the godless heathens?
hypatiab7(hypatiab7)
2018-06-14 08:19:13 UTC
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/crossexamined/2014/09/25-stupid-arguments-christians-should-avoid/
It's the same nonsense theist trolls have posted repeatedly for decades.
And they refuse to accept that it's all been disproved many times.
duke
2018-06-15 20:27:55 UTC
On Thu, 14 Jun 2018 01:19:13 -0700 (PDT), "hypatiab7(hypatiab7)"
Post by Cloud Hobbit
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/crossexamined/2014/09/25-stupid-arguments-christians-should-avoid/
It's the same nonsense theist trolls have posted repeatedly for decades.
And they refuse to accept that it's all been disproved many times.
Disproved: NEVER.

The Purpose of the NT Word of God is not to inform as it did in
the OT,but instead to form us in the very image of Jesus Christ.
2018-06-14 08:26:52 UTC
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/crossexamined/2014/09/25-stupid-arguments-christians-should-avoid/
Most of those things listed are not even arguments.
duke
2018-06-17 15:13:13 UTC
On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 15:48:19 -0700 (PDT), Cloud Hobbit
Post by Cloud Hobbit
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/crossexamined/2014/09/25-stupid-arguments-christians-should-avoid/
I wouldn't argue any of those stupid comments. They sound more like
something a stupid atheist would try to push.