Quote of the day
2019-02-13 12:24:46 UTC
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always
has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant
thread winding its way through our political and cultural life,
nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance
is just as good as your knowledge.'”
— Isaac Asimov, Newsweek, Jan. 21, 1980

(This is certainly demonstrated daily right here.)

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/02/the_ignorance_of_atheism.html
_V_infernalis_
2019-02-13 18:40:17 UTC
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/American_Thinker

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/american-thinker/

m***@gmail.com
2019-02-14 15:26:12 UTC
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always
has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant
thread winding its way through our political and cultural life,
nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance
is just as good as your knowledge.'”
— Isaac Asimov, Newsweek, Jan. 21, 1980
Atheist Ignorance
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/02/the_ignorance_of_atheism.html
You just don't like Asimov because he was another Jew who realized
that he was an atheist. The above quote makes perfect sense. But
why are you anti-intellectual? Is it because you are a truly stupid
fool. Whether this is a forgery or not, it sounds like something you
would write.
v***@gmail.com
FUCK YOU, YOU FILTHY WHORE
JTEM
2019-02-13 18:44:03 UTC
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always
has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant
thread winding its way through our political and cultural life,
nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance
is just as good as your knowledge.'”
— Isaac Asimov, Newsweek, Jan. 21, 1980
(This is certainly demonstrated daily right here.)
"Oh no! The earth might get slightly warmer during
an ice age!"

"Darwin invented or at least discovered evolution."

"Abiogenesis is science! In fact, it was reproduced
in a lab."

"Trump is a racist Nazi, even if he's far to the
left of every EU government and even Canada."

...on & on. The collective reveals itself
to be a faith-based whack job but describes
itself as "Empirical."

The only thing worse than believing in fairy
tales is teaching your fairy tales as fact.

-- --

http://jtem.tumblr.com/post/182766424733
Christopher A. Lee
2019-02-13 19:41:09 UTC
On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 07:24:46 -0500, Don Martin
Post by Don Martin
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always
has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant
thread winding its way through our political and cultural life,
nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance
is just as good as your knowledge.'”
— Isaac Asimov, Newsweek, Jan. 21, 1980
He got that right.
Post by Don Martin
(This is certainly demonstrated daily right here.)
Almost four decades later, it's orders of magnitude worse.

And I don't see what can be done about it, because of things like the
ignorant and uneducated being elected to local school boards by the
equally ignorant and uneducated, determining the curriculum rather
than there being a national standard. Not to mention the media "giving
both sides of the issue" over manufactured "controversies" like
creation vs evolution, climate change, vaccines and autism, etc.

The very people who manufacture this bullshit are the ones who would
have to vote to change things - and they won't.
Don Martin
2019-02-13 21:56:18 UTC
Post by Don Martin
(This is certainly demonstrated daily right here.)
Almost four decades later, it's orders of magnitude worse.
And I don't see what can be done about it, because of things like the
ignorant and uneducated being elected to local school boards by the
equally ignorant and uneducated, determining the curriculum rather
than there being a national standard. Not to mention the media "giving
both sides of the issue" over manufactured "controversies" like
creation vs evolution, climate change, vaccines and autism, etc.
The very people who manufacture this bullshit are the ones who would
have to vote to change things - and they won't.
I have finished the first draft of a book, _Counterfeiting Education_,
a memoir of my attempting to teach English (among other things) at a
historically black college in the deep south. It deals with some of
the contributions to the decline of American education over the past
half century. Control of school boards by stealth republicans after
the Reagan administration is one of the topics. Should I find a
publisher, atheists here shall be eligible for comp copies (if I avoid
being lynched by the so-called graduates and faculty of the school in
question).
2019-02-13 22:24:06 UTC
Post by Don Martin
[...]
Thanks. I'll remember that. Don't forget to sign it.

But it was already in decline. The US used to attract foreign
scientists and engineers from countries with better education systems,
but it hasn't been able to attract them since the rise of
fundamentalism and anti-immigrant feeling, not to mention a declining
economy.

My higher education didn't cost me a penny, and I was paid living
expenses while I got my degree so I didn't have to wait tables when I
should have been studying.

At first, I didn't feel I should emigrate because it didn't seem right
after the British taxpayers had paid for my degree - and I only moved
here when I got a promotion to my employer's Silicon Valley HQ.

Things have changed in Britain since Tony Blair introduced
American-style student loans so youngsters graduate in debt without
jobs matching their education.
v***@gmail.com
2019-02-14 09:02:07 UTC
Post by Christopher A. Lee
[...]
That's a LIE

https://www.prb.org/usforeignbornstem/
Post by Christopher A. Lee
My higher education didn't cost me a penny, and I was paid living
expenses while I got my degree so I didn't have to wait tables when I
should have been studying.
You are too incompetent to wait tables.
Hold that thought, scumbag, and move your worthless ass back to Britain. You don't belong here.
Intelligence
2019-02-14 09:04:51 UTC
Hold that thought, scumbag, and move your worthless ass back to Britain. You don't belong here.
they dont allow fat people to be cosmonauts, so I guess you will never find out
v***@gmail.com
2019-02-14 09:14:46 UTC
Go fuck your dog.
m***@gmail.com
2019-02-14 15:55:54 UTC
Post by Christopher A. Lee
At first, I didn't feel I should emigrate because it didn't seem right
after the British taxpayers had paid for my degree
Hold that thought, scumbag, and move your worthless ass back to Britain. You don't belong here.
I'd honestly prefer that a hate filled liar like you emigrate to Russia,
ArtieJoe. The United States is better off without malignant narcissistic
trolls like you. And, I'm being polite as far as what I really think of
you is concerned.
Cloud Hobbit
2019-02-14 18:55:50 UTC
Hold that thought, scumbag, and move your worthless ass back to Britain. You don't belong here.
Says the "accountant" who can't count to 30.
v***@gmail.com
2019-02-14 19:05:55 UTC
Hold that thought, scumbag, and move your worthless ass back to Britain. You don't belong here.
Says the "accountant" who can't count to 30.
THAT'S ANOTHER LIE

123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930
Don Martin
2019-02-14 12:20:10 UTC
Post by Don Martin
[...]
It may be electronic; paper publishers are getting scarce.
Post by Christopher A. Lee
But it was already in decline. The US used to attract foreign
scientists and engineers from countries with better education systems,
but it hasn't been able to attract them since the rise of
fundamentalism and anti-immigrant feeling, not to mention a declining
economy.
My higher education didn't cost me a penny, and I was paid living
expenses while I got my degree so I didn't have to wait tables when I
should have been studying.
I didn't wait tables. I had a job as a picket for my junior and
senior years. I didn't get to be a waiter until I had the MA.
(It's made me a good tipper, though.)
Post by Christopher A. Lee
At first, I didn't feel I should emigrate because it didn't seem right
after the British taxpayers had paid for my degree - and I only moved
here when I got a promotion to my employer's Silicon Valley HQ.
Things have changed in Britain since Tony Blair introduced
American-style student loans so youngsters graduate in debt without
jobs matching their education.
Ah, putting England on the Reagan plan to make the world safe for
bankers. Before becoming president, Reagan screwed ofer education in
California where the state Us had built their libraries with a
standing order for copies of everything of substance being printed.
Ronnie, no great reader, dumped that as an expensive frill.
2019-02-14 18:18:13 UTC
Post by Christopher A. Lee
But it was already in decline. The US used to attract foreign
scientists and engineers from countries with better education systems,
but it hasn't been able to attract them since the rise of
fundamentalism and anti-immigrant feeling, not to mention a declining
economy.
My higher education didn't cost me a penny, and I was paid living
expenses while I got my degree so I didn't have to wait tables when I
should have been studying.
I didn't wait tables. I had a job as a picket for my junior and
senior years. I didn't get to be a waiter until I had the MA.
(It's made me a good tipper, though.)
Waiters shouldn't be so badly paid that they have to rely on tips. In
Britain they get paid a proper wage, even if it's not very high, and
the tip is a bonus for good service, typically 10%.

After I moved to the US, a favourite restaurant (when I didn't eat
ethnic) was Max's Opera Cafe in Palo Alto. Being on Stanford
university land, they had students singing well known arias between
serving tables - a bit like the cliche in Mario Lanza movies. These
always got generous tips, but then people weren't just there for the
(good) food.
At first, I didn't feel I should emigrate because it didn't seem right
after the British taxpayers had paid for my degree - and I only moved
here when I got a promotion to my employer's Silicon Valley HQ.
Things have changed in Britain since Tony Blair introduced
American-style student loans so youngsters graduate in debt without
jobs matching their education.
Ah, putting England on the Reagan plan to make the world safe for
bankers. Before becoming president, Reagan screwed ofer education in
California where the state Us had built their libraries with a
standing order for copies of everything of substance being printed.
Ronnie, no great reader, dumped that as an expensive frill.
Not to mention his trickle down economics, which were a major cause of
today's inequality. Thatcher did it too, in Britain. Major and Blair
were more of the same. The first two moved the conservatives to the
far right and Blair filled the vacuum as Clinton did. But in doing so,
both betrayed their traditional support.
v***@gmail.com
2019-02-14 12:56:01 UTC
Post by Christopher A. Lee
[...]
Bullshit, fruitcake. You have such a history of flagrant lying and
posting misinformation that I don't believe anything you say about your past.
v***@gmail.com

m***@gmail.com
2019-02-14 16:04:03 UTC
Post by Christopher A. Lee
[...]
No, ArtieJoe. Christopher has NO history of lying. You, otoh, have an almost
15 year long history of nearly always lying. All anyone needs to do to check this out is read your history in the archives.
v***@gmail.com
https://tinyurl.com/yd9udvlz
Christopher A. Lee
2019-02-14 18:27:56 UTC
Post by Don Martin
[...]
Remember his ridiculous quizzes, where many of his own answers which
weren't even specialist knowledge, were wrong - and many of his
questions were beyond wrong?

Even when they were meant to show he was more intelligent and more
knowledgeable than we are?

Like his "solve '10 * Cos(X) = 120' for X".

He wouldn't accept that dividing the length of a shorter side of a
right-angled triangle by the length of the hypotenuse (the longest
one) wouldn't be greater than one - because we were atheists so we
always lied.

There's a reason he's called "Mad Joe".
v***@gmail.com
On which you got a score or ZERO!!!!ROTFL
m***@gmail.com
Put me down for a copy, though I'd be glad to pay for it.
Don Martin
2019-02-14 16:01:36 UTC
Post by Don Martin
[...]
As I said to Chris Lee, it may be electronic, the state of publication
being what it is.
...excellent Don ! I'll be looking forward to your book. Thanks.
They Lean On Founding Fathers' Misunderstanding
Kettle calling pot black... Why do atheists always think that the tons of junk in their heads is what intellectualism is about?
Alex W.
2019-02-14 23:16:48 UTC
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always
has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant
thread winding its way through our political and cultural life,
nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance
is just as good as your knowledge.'”
— Isaac Asimov, Newsweek, Jan. 21, 1980
(This is certainly demonstrated daily right here.)
However stupid it is to insist on one's ignorance, let alone be proud of
it, there is worse.

There is the insistence on having your own facts. "I don't know and I
don't care that I don't know" is bad enough, but matters are really
circling the drain when those people claim a right to operate on a set
of counterfactual facts.
Don Martin
2019-02-15 03:03:53 UTC
Post by Alex W.
Post by Don Martin
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always
has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant
thread winding its way through our political and cultural life,
nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance
is just as good as your knowledge.'”
— Isaac Asimov, Newsweek, Jan. 21, 1980
(This is certainly demonstrated daily right here.)
However stupid it is to insist on one's ignorance, let alone be proud of
it, there is worse.
There is the insistence on having your own facts. "I don't know and I
don't care that I don't know" is bad enough, but matters are really
circling the drain when those people claim a right to operate on a set
of counterfactual facts.
You must admit, though, that counterfactual facts are generally more
comforting than the real ones.
JTEM
2019-02-15 05:15:59 UTC
You must admit, though, that counterfactual facts are generally more
comforting than the real ones.
The voice of experience...

Kind of explains the fake atheists, right there.

-- --

http://jtem.tumblr.com/post/182817063158