Fictional stories
Cloud Hobbit
2018-01-10 20:40:48 UTC
Many people believe the Bible is the inerrant word of God, but, for that to be true, it must stand up to critical analysis as a factual history. Any deviation from this ideal would mean that any other portions of the Bible, even the otherwise believable stories, would be suspect for their veracity. Most Biblical stories cannot be proven true or false, but, as an example, the following ten can be considered false beyond a reasonable doubt:

Garden of Eden- current science has long surpassed this amateurish explanation of our origins
Noah Flood- there is no evidence of a worldwide flood or that the vessel described could have completed this mission
Census in the gospels- the Romans took great care in documenting their censuses- there was no census at the time of Jesus’ birth, and there never was a requirement for people to travel to their birth cities to be counted
Passover prisoner release- the Romans never released a prisoner at the Passover
He who is without sin- the story of Jesus and the woman caught in adultery was added to the scriptures almost 400 years after the fact, and was copied from a previous religious tradition
Hebrew enslavement in Egypt- absolutely no evidence from any source including Egyptian historical records
Camel archaeology- camels were discussed in the Old Testament before any camels existed there
Zombies after Jesus death- Matthew’s account of people rising from their graves, walking around the city, and conversing with people is false based on its intrinsic absurdity
Elisha calling down a curse of boys who were mocking him resulting in two bears emerging from the woods and mauling 42 children- false by reason of absurdity
The Tower of Babel- linguistic studies reveal this explanation for different languages to be farcical
Jonah and the whale – a fantastical story borrowed from ancient traditions and with no basis in reality.
Joshua 10:13 – the sun stood still for over a day- consistent with the then-assumed earth-centered universe, but now understood that this would have caused an epic catastrophe over the whole earth.
Cain acquiring a wife out of thin air in Genesis 4:17 when only Adam, Eve, and Cain were supposedly alive at the time

These are just some of many examples, but they are sufficient to show that the Bible contains a lot of fiction and the extent to which it pervades the book is unknown. It calls into question every story presented in the Bible as being potentially fictional or otherwise exaggerated.

(62) Text remains, practice changes

Because of societal pressure and scientific advancements, Christian practices and dogma have changed over the centuries. However, the text of the Bible has remained static, resulting in a disconnect that becomes more glaring as time goes on. The best way to explain this point further is to quote Mark Twain:

The Christian’s Bible is a drug store. Its contents remain the same; but the medical practice changes…The world has corrected the Bible. The church never corrects it; and also never fails to drop in at the tail of the procession- and take the credit of the correction. During many ages there were witches. The Bible said so. the Bible commanded that they should not be allowed to live. Therefore the Church, after eight hundred years, gathered up its halters, thumb-screws, and firebrands, and set about its holy work in earnest. She worked hard at it night and day during nine centuries and imprisoned, tortured, hanged, and burned whole hordes and armies of witches, and washed the Christian world clean with their foul blood.

Then it was discovered that there was no such thing as witches, and never had been. One does not know whether to laugh or to cry…..There are no witches. The witch text remains; only the practice has changed. Hell fire is gone, but the text remains. Infant damnation is gone, but the text remains. More than two hundred death penalties are gone from the law books, but the texts that authorized them remain.

The conclusion that should be drawn from this point is that a religion and holy book inspired or authored by a supernatural deity should not have multiple issues that have to be abandoned because of future advancement of society. Rather, it should be predictive of such changes.

http://www.kyroot.com/?p=8#61
b***@m.nu
2018-01-10 21:15:23 UTC
On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 12:40:48 -0800 (PST), Cloud Hobbit
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Garden of Eden- current science has long surpassed this amateurish explanation of our origins
ya know that some theist idiots think they found the garden of eden?
and they found a trashy run down city, even I think the bible says
somewhere that nothing was to be built in the garden of eden
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Noah Flood- there is no evidence of a worldwide flood or that the vessel described could have completed this mission
There is no way possible that a vessel of that size would have been
built using what tools they had. It would have fallen apart.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Census in the gospels- the Romans took great care in documenting their censuses- there was no census at the time of Jesus’ birth, and there never was a requirement for people to travel to their birth cities to be counted
Passover prisoner release- the Romans never released a prisoner at the Passover
He who is without sin- the story of Jesus and the woman caught in adultery was added to the scriptures almost 400 years after the fact, and was copied from a previous religious tradition
Hebrew enslavement in Egypt- absolutely no evidence from any source including Egyptian historical records
I don't even know if the Egyptians had or used slaves, the pyramids
were suspected of having been built by paid workers
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Camel archaeology- camels were discussed in the Old Testament before any camels existed there
Zombies after Jesus death- Matthew’s account of people rising from their graves, walking around the city, and conversing with people is false based on its intrinsic absurdity
This may be true BUT be forewarned, the zombies are coming!~!
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Elisha calling down a curse of boys who were mocking him resulting in two bears emerging from the woods and mauling 42 children- false by reason of absurdity
Well they may have been a day care set up, and the bear or bears just
happen to be there near the daycare, and the feeble wooden fences were
just not strong enough and the bears were able to maul/kill/eat 42
children without being scared off or anything but the adults there
were running the day care.
http://www.kyroot.com/?p=8#61
Andrew
2018-01-11 19:24:16 UTC
Post by b***@m.nu
ya know that some theist idiots think they found the garden of eden?
They are obviously mistaken.
Post by b***@m.nu
and they found a trashy run down city, even I think the bible says
somewhere that nothing was to be built in the garden of eden
Cities came after they left the Garden. My personal understanding
is that the Garden will exist is the future New Jerusalem. It will be
nice. Peaceful. Filled with nature sounds and fragrant blossoms.
Animals that have no fear of humans. Colors that we have never
seen.
Kit
2018-01-11 20:08:14 UTC
Post by b***@m.nu
and they found a trashy run down city, even I think the bible says
somewhere that nothing was to be built in the garden of eden
Cities came after they left the Garden. My personal understanding
is that the Garden will exist is the future New Jerusalem. It will be
nice. Peaceful. Filled with nature sounds and fragrant blossoms.
Animals that have no fear of humans. Colors that we have never
seen.
Every Christian has his or her personal understanding.

-- Kit
b***@m.nu
2018-01-11 21:17:42 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by b***@m.nu
ya know that some theist idiots think they found the garden of eden?
They are obviously mistaken.
well obviously, it never existed you idiot
Post by Andrew
Post by b***@m.nu
and they found a trashy run down city, even I think the bible says
somewhere that nothing was to be built in the garden of eden
Cities came after they left the Garden. My personal understanding
is that the Garden will exist is the future New Jerusalem. It will be
nice. Peaceful. Filled with nature sounds and fragrant blossoms.
Animals that have no fear of humans. Colors that we have never
seen.
your mother AND father AND BROTHERS and SISTERS must have beat you
something fierce with a stupid stick....
Andrew
2018-01-12 03:07:52 UTC
Post by b***@m.nu
Post by Andrew
Post by b***@m.nu
ya know that some theist idiots think they found the garden of eden?
They are obviously mistaken.
well obviously, it never existed you idiot
It's where they lived before the Fall.
Then tell us what happened to YOU!
b***@m.nu
2018-01-12 18:53:14 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by b***@m.nu
Post by Andrew
Post by b***@m.nu
ya know that some theist idiots think they found the garden of eden?
They are obviously mistaken.
well obviously, it never existed you idiot
It's where they lived before the Fall.
Wow you are an idiot. Why not just call it never never land, perhaps
we can call it Oz.
Post by Andrew
Post by b***@m.nu
Post by Andrew
Post by b***@m.nu
and they found a trashy run down city, even I think the bible says
somewhere that nothing was to be built in the garden of eden
Cities came after they left the Garden. My personal understanding
is that the Garden will exist is the future New Jerusalem. It will be
nice. Peaceful. Filled with nature sounds and fragrant blossoms.
Animals that have no fear of humans. Colors that we have never
seen.
your mother AND father AND BROTHERS and SISTERS must
have beat you something fierce with a stupid stick....
Then tell us what happened to YOU!
well it started when I younger and people started noticing I was a
little above the regular kids, then throughout high school I started
to realize that humans have been lying to themselves for thousands of
years, and now I see that you are a FUCKING moron.
Andrew
2018-01-12 20:23:18 UTC
Post by b***@m.nu
Post by Andrew
Post by b***@m.nu
Post by Andrew
Post by b***@m.nu
ya know that some theist idiots think they found the garden of eden?
They are obviously mistaken.
well obviously, it never existed you idiot
It's where they lived before the Fall.
Wow you are an idiot. Why not just call it
never never land, perhaps we can call it Oz.
Just call it as it is.

~ Tue Garden of Eden ~

It will be nice. Peaceful. Filled with nature sounds.
Air perfumed with fragrant blossoms. Animals that
do not fear you, and colors you have never seen.
Post by b***@m.nu
Post by Andrew
Post by b***@m.nu
Post by Andrew
Post by b***@m.nu
and they found a trashy run down city, even I think the bible says
somewhere that nothing was to be built in the garden of eden
Cities came after they left the Garden. My personal understanding
is that the Garden will exist is the future New Jerusalem. It will be
nice. Peaceful. Filled with nature sounds and fragrant blossoms.
Animals that have no fear of humans. Colors that we have never
seen.
your mother AND father AND BROTHERS and SISTERS must
have beat you something fierce with a stupid stick....
Then tell us what happened to YOU!
well it started when I younger
Go ahead.
Post by b***@m.nu
and people started noticing
OK.
Post by b***@m.nu
I was a little above the regular kids,
Yes.
Post by b***@m.nu
then throughout high school I started
to realize
Finally.
Post by b***@m.nu
that humans have been lying to themselves
No!
Post by b***@m.nu
for thousands of years,
No way!
Thanks, but I was asking about you.
b***@m.nu
2018-01-13 15:32:59 UTC
On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 15:23:18 -0500, "Andrew"
Post by Andrew
Post by b***@m.nu
Post by Andrew
Post by b***@m.nu
Post by b***@m.nu
Post by Andrew
Post by b***@m.nu
Post by b***@m.nu
that humans have been lying to themselves
No!
Post by b***@m.nu
for thousands of years,
No way!
Post by b***@m.nu
and now I see that you are a FUCKING moron.
Thanks, but I was asking about you.
In the Epic, the gods create Enkidu, who runs wild with the animals in
the open country, as a companion for Gilgamesh. There are
particularly interesting similarities between the Garden of Eden story
in Genesis and the story of Enkidu’s movement from nature to culture
and civilization. In both stories, a woman is responsible for the
transition of a man who had once eaten and drunk with the animals to a
state of estrangement from nature. Once Enkidu is rejected by the
animal world, the woman Shamhat gives him clothing and teaches him to
drink beer and eat bread—all technological developments that separate
humans from animals.

In Genesis, once Adam has eaten the fruit of the tree of knowledge, he
covers his nudity and is sentenced to a life of cultivating food by
harsh labor. This is the cost of divine knowledge. In Gilgamesh, when
Enkidu becomes estranged from the animals, Shamhat tells him that he
has become “like a god.” Later, on his deathbed, Enkidu laments his
removal from a state of nature, only to be reminded by the god Shamash
that while civilized life is more fraught with difficulty and the
knowledge of one’s own mortality, it is a worthwhile price for
cultural knowledge and awareness.
https://www.bibleodyssey.org/en/places/related-articles/gilgamesh-and-the-bible

You are such a moron
Teresita
2018-01-12 02:10:33 UTC
Post by b***@m.nu
and they found a trashy run down city, even I think the bible says
somewhere that nothing was to be built in the garden of eden
Cities came after they left the Garden.
Yes, in Genesis we read that Cain took his wife to the land of Nod and
built a city they named after their son Enoch. Population three.
https://twitter.com/LinuxGal
Andrew
2018-01-12 03:07:39 UTC
Post by Teresita
Post by b***@m.nu
and they found a trashy run down city, even I think the bible says
somewhere that nothing was to be built in the garden of eden
Cities came after they left the Garden.
Yes, in Genesis we read that Cain took his wife to the land of Nod
and built a city they named after their son Enoch. Population three.
You forgot one thing ~ sex. That's how God made them at the first.

Sex = babies = cities with expanding populations.

So here we are today.

Our origins?

Creation.
aaa
2018-01-11 03:35:12 UTC
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Many people believe the Bible is the inerrant word of God, but, for
that to be true, it must stand up to critical analysis as a factual
history. Any deviation from this ideal would mean that any other
portions of the Bible, even the otherwise believable stories, would
be suspect for their veracity. Most Biblical stories cannot be
proven true or false, but, as an example, the following ten can be
You need to understand the Bible philosophically and spiritually instead
of scientifically. The Bible is not your encyclopedia of science. The
things written in the Bible have their specific reasons to be that way.
What you are doing is like judging modern physics according to your
knowledge in French cuisine.
God's spiritual evidence:

b***@m.nu
2018-01-11 22:49:02 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Many people believe the Bible is the inerrant word of God, but, for
that to be true, it must stand up to critical analysis as a factual
history. Any deviation from this ideal would mean that any other
portions of the Bible, even the otherwise believable stories, would
be suspect for their veracity. Most Biblical stories cannot be
proven true or false, but, as an example, the following ten can be
You need to understand the Bible philosophically and spiritually instead
of scientifically. The Bible is not your encyclopedia of science. The
things written in the Bible have their specific reasons to be that way.
What you are doing is like judging modern physics according to your
knowledge in French cuisine.
Are you a complete moron? The bible is a fairy tale plagiarized I am
sure several times over and over. Are you really that stupid to think
the bible is anything more than that?
http://www.kyroot.com/?p=8#61
Cloud Hobbit
2018-01-11 23:07:09 UTC
Post by b***@m.nu
Post by aaa
Post by Cloud Hobbit
[...]
I doubt it, but it the schtick that he has chosen for us.
If God can't inspire a bible to be written free of contradiction and falsehoods, then IMO he simply can not be the god described in said bible.
http://www.kyroot.com/?p=8#61
Andrew
Then ~who~ is He?
Cloud Hobbit
2018-01-12 05:38:07 UTC
Post by Cloud Hobbit
If God can't inspire a bible to be written free
of contradiction and falsehoods, then IMO he
simply cannot be the god described in said
bible.
Then ~who~ is He?
_______________

The first question you should ask is, is there one?

If you can't confirm such an entity exists you should not subscribe to the notion that one exists. By confirm I mean with direct physical evidence not from stories in a book.

Does the book make sense?

None of the books about gods has ever produced any such evidence and their morality is crap.
aaa
2018-01-12 06:06:55 UTC
Post by Cloud Hobbit
If God can't inspire a bible to be written free of contradiction
and falsehoods, then IMO he simply cannot be the god described in
said bible.
Then ~who~ is He? _______________
The first question you should ask is, is there one?
If you can't confirm such an entity exists you should not subscribe
to the notion that one exists. By confirm I mean with direct
physical evidence not from stories in a book.
God is spiritual. Why do you have to demand the physical evidence?
Shouldn't you start searching for the spiritual evidence of God instead?

Look at my signature.

hypatiab7
2018-01-12 06:20:29 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by Cloud Hobbit
If God can't inspire a bible to be written free of contradiction
and falsehoods, then IMO he simply cannot be the god described in
said bible.
Then ~who~ is He? _______________
The first question you should ask is, is there one?
If you can't confirm such an entity exists you should not subscribe
to the notion that one exists. By confirm I mean with direct
physical evidence not from stories in a book.
God is spiritual. Why do you have to demand the physical evidence?
Shouldn't you start searching for the spiritual evidence of God instead?
No. The word spiritual is meaningless. You were told this the last time you invaded alt.atheism.
Post by aaa
Look at my signature.
No. I saw it when you invaded alt.atheism last time. It proves nothing.
True, but niunian refuses to accept this.
aaa
2018-01-12 08:49:08 UTC
Post by hypatiab7
Post by aaa
Post by Cloud Hobbit
If God can't inspire a bible to be written free of
contradiction and falsehoods, then IMO he simply cannot be the
god described in said bible.
Then ~who~ is He? _______________
The first question you should ask is, is there one?
If you can't confirm such an entity exists you should not
subscribe to the notion that one exists. By confirm I mean with
direct physical evidence not from stories in a book.
God is spiritual. Why do you have to demand the physical evidence?
Shouldn't you start searching for the spiritual evidence of God instead?
No. The word spiritual is meaningless. You were told this the last
time you invaded alt.atheism.
It's only meaningless to you, but it's perfectly meaningful to me. Too
bad I'm incapable to force you to understand what you don't want to
understand.
Post by hypatiab7
Post by aaa
Look at my signature.
No. I saw it when you invaded alt.atheism last time. It proves
nothing.
Then you should look more and study them. They are what philosophy is
trying to study and understand. You may find yourself becoming a
philosopher as the result.
Post by hypatiab7
Post by aaa
Does the book make sense?
None of the books about gods has ever produced any such evidence
and their morality is crap.
True, but niunian refuses to accept this.
Why should I care since I already have all the evidence I need in my
signature file?
--
God's spiritual evidence:

b***@m.nu
2018-01-12 19:07:42 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by hypatiab7
Post by hypatiab7
Post by aaa
Look at my signature.
No. I saw it when you invaded alt.atheism last time. It proves nothing.
Then you should look more and study them. They are what philosophy is
trying to study and understand. You may find yourself becoming a
philosopher as the result.
If harry potter has meaning to you then I offer my congrats on being
an idiot.
signature file?
b***@m.nu
2018-01-12 19:04:10 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by Cloud Hobbit
If God can't inspire a bible to be written free of contradiction
and falsehoods, then IMO he simply cannot be the god described in
said bible.
Then ~who~ is He? _______________
The first question you should ask is, is there one?
If you can't confirm such an entity exists you should not subscribe
to the notion that one exists. By confirm I mean with direct
physical evidence not from stories in a book.
God is spiritual. Why do you have to demand the physical evidence?
Shouldn't you start searching for the spiritual evidence of God instead?
That is the EXACT same thing as saying we should search for evidence
of smurfs.. IT IS JUST FUCKING STUPID
their morality is crap.
Andrew
2018-01-13 03:43:15 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by Cloud Hobbit
If God can't inspire a bible to be written free
of contradiction and falsehoods, then IMO he
simply cannot be the god described in said
bible.
Then ~who~ is He?
_______________
The first question you should ask is, is there
one?
Yes, but you assume there is in the above.
Post by Andrew
If you can't confirm such an entity exists you should
not subscribe to the notion that one exists.
Have you not done so? Then that's what you need to do,
Post by Andrew
By confirm I mean with direct physical evidence not
from stories in a book.
Absolutely!
Post by Andrew
Does the book make sense?
What book?
Post by Andrew
None of the books about gods has ever produced any
such evidence and their morality is crap.
It would be foolishness to therefore conclude that there
was no Creator and that the Universe and the life therein
created itself.
aaa
2018-01-12 01:00:14 UTC
Post by b***@m.nu
Post by aaa
Post by Cloud Hobbit
[...]
Everything in this world was originally plagiarized from God. Therefore,
God can do whatever he wants to have his Bible written according to his
will. This universe belongs to God. All human knowledge comes from God.
And you want to talk about plagiarism?

b***@m.nu
2018-01-12 19:10:15 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by b***@m.nu
Post by aaa
Post by Cloud Hobbit
[...]
Oh so what you are saying is that god created every language and every
book? I guess your god wrote the Epic of Gilgamesh even before your
god existed. There were hundreds if not thousands of gods before you
puny god existed.... Odin was a way better god than yours....
hypatiab7
2018-01-12 03:46:21 UTC
Post by Cloud Hobbit
[...]
It was a time with barbaric occurrences and myths. This has nothing to do
with science or spiritualism. Even with religion and laws (some of which
were quite brutal), it was still barbaric. Try learning some history.
You would not be a leader in such a world for the same reasons you are not
a leader in this one. The same applies to all trolls.
aaa
2018-01-12 05:38:14 UTC
Post by hypatiab7
It was a time with barbaric occurrences and myths. This has nothing to do
with science or spiritualism. Even with religion and laws (some of which
were quite brutal), it was still barbaric. Try learning some history.
You would not be a leader in such a world for the same reasons you are not
a leader in this one. The same applies to all trolls.
You are still taking the Bible as a mere historical account instead of a
spiritual revelation.
--
God's spiritual evidence:

hypatiab7
2018-01-12 06:16:25 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by hypatiab7
It was a time with barbaric occurrences and myths. This has nothing to do
with science or spiritualism. Even with religion and laws (some of which
were quite brutal), it was still barbaric. Try learning some history.
You would not be a leader in such a world for the same reasons you are not
a leader in this one. The same applies to all trolls.
You are still taking the Bible as a mere historical account instead of a
spiritual revelation.
Who said that we atheists take the Bible as historical? It's a bunch
of myths, outdated laws and ancient Egyptian love poems. Some historical
people and places are mentioned but just to make the stories sound real.
And events in it happen at the wrong time or place, since the stories were written down much later and the writers no longer knew when or where they actually happened.

Why did you chop off what I was responding to?
aaa
2018-01-12 09:05:50 UTC
Post by hypatiab7
Post by aaa
Post by hypatiab7
It was a time with barbaric occurrences and myths. This has
nothing to do with science or spiritualism. Even with religion
and laws (some of which were quite brutal), it was still
barbaric. Try learning some history. You would not be a leader in
such a world for the same reasons you are not a leader in this
one. The same applies to all trolls.
You are still taking the Bible as a mere historical account instead
of a spiritual revelation.
Who said that we atheists take the Bible as historical? It's a
bunch of myths, outdated laws and ancient Egyptian love poems. Some
historical people and places are mentioned but just to make the
stories sound real. And events in it happen at the wrong time or
place, since the stories were written down much later and the writers
no longer knew when or where they actually happened.
What do all of these have anything to do with the philosophy of the
Bible I was talking about? How can they affect the meaning of the
philosophy of the Bible in the slightest way? If they can't, why do they
matter to you?
Post by hypatiab7
Why did you chop off what I was responding to?
Because I want to make the post shorter and easier to read. Do you have
a problem with that?
--
God's spiritual evidence:

hypatiab7
Yes, people (including me) want to know what a response is to. Otherwise, it is just floating in midair related to nothing.
aaa
2018-01-19 04:18:30 UTC
Post by hypatiab7
Post by aaa
Post by hypatiab7
Post by hypatiab7
Why did you chop off what I was responding to?
Because I want to make the post shorter and easier to read. Do you
have a problem with that?
Yes, people (including me) want to know what a response is to.
Otherwise, it is just floating in midair related to nothing.
Since you followed up my post, I assumed you were replying to what I
said. If that is not the case, you can drop the discussion.
--
God's spiritual evidence:

hypatiab7
2018-01-19 10:47:34 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by hypatiab7
Post by aaa
Post by hypatiab7
Post by hypatiab7
Why did you chop off what I was responding to?
Because I want to make the post shorter and easier to read. Do you
have a problem with that?
Yes, people (including me) want to know what a response is to.
Otherwise, it is just floating in midair related to nothing.
Since you followed up my post, I assumed you were replying to what I
said. If that is not the case, you can drop the discussion.
You and I are not the only ones following a discussion and even we can lose track of something. Even one paragraph will clarify who said what. What are
you hiding or do you want to confuse?
aaa
2018-01-19 11:48:40 UTC
Post by hypatiab7
Post by aaa
Post by hypatiab7
Post by aaa
Post by hypatiab7
Post by hypatiab7
Why did you chop off what I was responding to?
Because I want to make the post shorter and easier to read. Do you
have a problem with that?
Yes, people (including me) want to know what a response is to.
Otherwise, it is just floating in midair related to nothing.
Since you followed up my post, I assumed you were replying to what I
said. If that is not the case, you can drop the discussion.
You and I are not the only ones following a discussion and even we can lose track of something. Even one paragraph will clarify who said what. What are
you hiding or do you want to confuse?
The real point is whether you replied to me or someone else. Make it
clear now, so we can continue to talk about something interesting.
--
God's spiritual evidence:

Teresita
2018-01-12 13:02:37 UTC
Post by hypatiab7
Who said that we atheists take the Bible as historical?
People like Ken Ham take the Bible as historical, and atheists like me
say, "Okay, let's go with that" and ram the implications right up their ass.
https://twitter.com/LinuxGal
Teresita
2018-01-12 13:05:41 UTC
Post by aaa
You are still taking the Bible as a mere historical account instead of a
spiritual revelation.
Acts 1:

[3] To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many
infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the
things pertaining to the kingdom of God.
https://twitter.com/LinuxGal
A***@yahoo.com
2018-01-11 04:03:32 UTC
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Garden of Eden- current science has long surpassed this amateurish explanation of our origins
Has it? Not at all.
1 Scientists have not produced life in the laboratory from scratch. If so, where are the subsequent generations?
2. Life is extremely complex even in regard to the simplest cell. It would take billions of coding to produce this.
3. Conditions on the early earth prohibit life.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Noah Flood- there is no evidence of a worldwide flood or that the vessel described could have completed this mission
Yes there are.
1. Trillions of tons of sediments.
2. Trillions of fossils.
3. Fossil fuels.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Census in the gospels- the Romans took great care in documenting their censuses- there was no census at the time of Jesus’ birth, and there never was a requirement for people to travel to their birth cities to be counted
There's a lot we do not know about that time. And we certainly know from what we do know about Herod that what the Bible says he did is well within his character.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Passover prisoner release- the Romans never released a prisoner at the Passover
Pontius Pilate wanted to release Jesus because He wasn't guilty. And again, Romans may not have done certain things in general, but Rome was a vast empire ruling different peoples. In many cases Rome tried to accommodate the people they ruled. When we're talking about a Passover release, it would not be general knowledge because it was specific to Israel and not to the entire Roman empire.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
He who is without sin- the story of Jesus and the woman caught in adultery was added to the scriptures almost 400 years after the fact, and was copied from a previous religious tradition
This is false There is no other pagan view of a man who died without sin.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Hebrew enslavement in Egypt- absolutely no evidence from any source including Egyptian historical records
There is plenty of evidence for this. See the book Israel in Egypt. Moses was Thutmoses III.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Camel archaeology- camels were discussed in the Old Testament before any camels existed there
This will be the second time I refuted this bunch of bonkers. Fact is a large camel fossil was found in that general area of the world.

Post by Cloud Hobbit
Zombies after Jesus death- Matthew’s account of people rising from their graves, walking around the city, and conversing with people is false based on its intrinsic absurdity
Based on your anti-supernatural presupposition.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
The Tower of Babel- linguistic studies reveal this explanation for different languages to be farcical
Except the Tower of Babel concept has found it's way into the world stories. And the Tower has been found.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Jonah and the whale – a fantastical story borrowed from ancient traditions and with no basis in reality.
No it hasn't.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Joshua 10:13 – the sun stood still for over a day- consistent with the then-assumed earth-centered universe, but now understood that this would have caused an epic catastrophe over the whole earth.
The Canaanite tradition of the omen of the Sun, occurred during the time when would be considered the invasion of Canaan. Look it up.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Cain acquiring a wife out of thin air in Genesis 4:17 when only Adam, Eve, and Cain were supposedly alive at the time
The genealogies, in general do not mention women. They married their sisters.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
These are just some of many examples, but they are sufficient to show that the Bible contains a lot of fiction and the extent to which it pervades the book is unknown. It calls into question every story presented in the Bible as being potentially fictional or otherwise exaggerated.
Nope.

Use logic, and not base your conclusions on presuppositions.
v***@gmail.com
2018-01-11 04:19:01 UTC
https://tinyurl.com/yaycgmwz
https://tinyurl.com/yaycgmwz
https://tinyurl.com/yaycgmwz
https://tinyurl.com/yaycgmwz
JTEM
2018-01-11 20:13:23 UTC
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Many people believe the Bible is the inerrant word
of God, but, for that to be true, it must stand up
to critical analysis as a factual history.
Wow. So you "Discovered" some accuracy issues with
the bible, and now you're convincing yourself that
this makes you special...

Only fundamentalist believe in an inerrant bible,
as you do.

Only you fundamentalists insists that the bible
must be read as a literally true history.

-- --

http://jtem.tumblr.com/post/169589161813
Kit
2018-01-11 20:29:47 UTC
Post by JTEM
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Many people believe the Bible is the inerrant word
of God, but, for that to be true, it must stand up
to critical analysis as a factual history.
Wow. So you "Discovered" some accuracy issues with
the bible, and now you're convincing yourself that
this makes you special...
Only fundamentalist believe in an inerrant bible,
as you do.
A substantial number of people are fundamentalists.

-- Kit
JTEM
2018-01-11 20:57:29 UTC
Post by Kit
A substantial number of people are fundamentalists.
100% of fake atheists, but only about 17% of admitted
Christians.

-- --

http://jtem.tumblr.com/post/169589161813
aaa
2018-01-12 06:11:04 UTC
Post by JTEM
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Many people believe the Bible is the inerrant word
of God, but, for that to be true, it must stand up
to critical analysis as a factual history.
Wow. So you "Discovered" some accuracy issues with
the bible, and now you're convincing yourself that
this makes you special...
Only fundamentalist believe in an inerrant bible,
as you do.
Only you fundamentalists insists that the bible
must be read as a literally true history.
I'm not a fundamentalist, but the Bible is perfect and true when viewed
according to the truth.
-- --

hypatiab7
2018-01-12 07:26:22 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by JTEM
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Many people believe the Bible is the inerrant word
of God, but, for that to be true, it must stand up
to critical analysis as a factual history.
Wow. So you "Discovered" some accuracy issues with
the bible, and now you're convincing yourself that
this makes you special...
Attacking him with made up lies does you no good. Nor does trying
to change the subject when what you write doesn't work. We've been
through all of this with other theists in many religions over the
years. You are nothing new. And your nastiness is coming through,
too. I guess anyone who wants to start their own made up religion
has to be a rotter.
Post by aaa
Post by JTEM
Only fundamentalist believe in an inerrant bible,
as you do.
Only you fundamentalists insists that the bible
must be read as a literally true history.
I'm not a fundamentalist, but the Bible is perfect and true when viewed
according to the truth.
That makes you a fundamentalist. Your truth is yours, not that of each of us.
I know you don't understand individualism, but we aren't going to become a
part of you. That's how you hope to control people. You aren't smart enough to become another Manson.
You will never and have never convinced an atheist of your Bible nonsense.
Coming back to repeat your idiocy just returns you to your previous
trollhood. You've already failed here three times. Going for four?
aaa
2018-01-12 09:16:10 UTC
Post by aaa
Only fundamentalist believe in an inerrant bible, as you do.
Only you fundamentalists insists that the bible must be read as a
literally true history.
I'm not a fundamentalist, but the Bible is perfect and true when
viewed according to the truth.
That makes you a fundamentalist. Your truth is yours, not that of
each of us. I know you don't understand individualism, but we aren't
going to become a part of you. That's how you hope to control people.
You aren't smart enough to become another Manson.
I don't belong to any religion. I don't even know what a fundamentalist
looks like. What makes you think I want to control you? You don't even
know my real name. How am I going to control you over the internet?
You will never and have never convinced an atheist of your Bible
nonsense. Coming back to repeat your idiocy just returns you to your
previous trollhood. You've already failed here three times. Going for
four?
I'm sure I have been here a lot more than four times. My original usenet
name was Eric.

Hah..

:-)
--
God's spiritual evidence:

Mitchell Holman
2018-01-12 14:03:29 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by aaa
Only fundamentalist believe in an inerrant bible, as you do.
Only you fundamentalists insists that the bible must be read as a
literally true history.
I'm not a fundamentalist, but the Bible is perfect and true when
viewed according to the truth.
That makes you a fundamentalist. Your truth is yours, not that of
each of us. I know you don't understand individualism, but we aren't
going to become a part of you. That's how you hope to control people.
You aren't smart enough to become another Manson.
I don't belong to any religion. I don't even know what a fundamentalist
looks like. What makes you think I want to control you?
"I intend to take over this spiritual wilderness for God."
"aaa", Dec 23 2016
http://tinyurl.com/huya7mg
hypatiab7
2018-01-17 13:52:41 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by aaa
Only fundamentalist believe in an inerrant bible, as you do.
Only you fundamentalists insists that the bible must be read as a
literally true history.
I'm not a fundamentalist, but the Bible is perfect and true when
viewed according to the truth.
That makes you a fundamentalist. Your truth is yours, not that of
each of us. I know you don't understand individualism, but we aren't
going to become a part of you. That's how you hope to control people.
You aren't smart enough to become another Manson.
I don't belong to any religion. I don't even know what a fundamentalist
looks like. What makes you think I want to control you? You don't even
know my real name. How am I going to control you over the internet?
You'll have to figure that out yourself.
Post by aaa
You will never and have never convinced an atheist of your Bible
nonsense. Coming back to repeat your idiocy just returns you to your
previous trollhood. You've already failed here three times. Going for
four?
I'm sure I have been here a lot more than four times. My original usenet
name was Eric.
Whoever you are, you've failed every time you've been here or you wouldn't have returned. How far back does Eric go? Were you Brze?

Eric - Brze, niunian, aaa, bbb
Post by aaa
Hah..
:-)
Hoo Haw
A***@yahoo.com

Why did you get emotional?
hypatiab7
2018-01-18 18:00:40 UTC
5:52 AMhypatiab7
Post by aaa
Post by hypatiab7
You will never and have never convinced an atheist of your Bible
nonsense. Coming back to repeat your idiocy just returns you to your
previous trollhood. You've already failed here three times. Going for
four?
I'm sure I have been here a lot more than four times. My original usenet
name was Eric.
Whoever you are, you've failed every time you've been here or you wouldn't have returned. How far back does Eric go? Were you Brze?
Eric - Brze, niunian, aaa, bbb
Post by aaa
Hah..
:-)
Hoo Haw
Why did you get emotional?
Where? No, don't tell me. You're boring.
A***@yahoo.com
2018-01-18 18:15:01 UTC
10:00 AMhypatiab7
5:52 AMhypatiab7
Post by aaa
Post by hypatiab7
You will never and have never convinced an atheist of your Bible
nonsense. Coming back to repeat your idiocy just returns you to your
previous trollhood. You've already failed here three times. Going for
four?
I'm sure I have been here a lot more than four times. My original usenet
name was Eric.
Whoever you are, you've failed every time you've been here or you wouldn't have returned. How far back does Eric go? Were you Brze?
Eric - Brze, niunian, aaa, bbb
Post by aaa
Hah..
:-)
You said Hoo Haw, did you not?
b***@m.nu
2018-01-18 19:46:40 UTC
Post by A***@yahoo.com
10:00 AMhypatiab7
5:52 AMhypatiab7
Post by aaa
Post by hypatiab7
You will never and have never convinced an atheist of your Bible
nonsense. Coming back to repeat your idiocy just returns you to your
previous trollhood. You've already failed here three times. Going for
four?
I'm sure I have been here a lot more than four times. My original usenet
name was Eric.
Whoever you are, you've failed every time you've been here or you wouldn't have returned. How far back does Eric go? Were you Brze?
Eric - Brze, niunian, aaa, bbb
Post by aaa
Hah..
:-)
WOW, you are retarded also
hypatiab7
2018-01-19 10:08:56 UTC
Post by A***@yahoo.com
10:00 AMhypatiab7
5:52 AMhypatiab7
Post by aaa
Post by hypatiab7
You will never and have never convinced an atheist of your Bible
nonsense. Coming back to repeat your idiocy just returns you to your
previous trollhood. You've already failed here three times. Going for
four?
I'm sure I have been here a lot more than four times. My original usenet
name was Eric.
Whoever you are, you've failed every time you've been here or you wouldn't have returned. How far back does Eric go? Were you Brze?
Eric - Brze, niunian, aaa, bbb
Post by aaa
Hah..
:-)
Hoo Haw
Why did you get emotional?
Where? No, don't tell me. You're boring.
You said Hoo Haw, did you not?
Denoting boredom. How is that emotional? You really don't know what emotional means.

emotional: passionate, hot-blooded, excitable, tempestuous, touching,
sentimental, tear-jerking, ardent, fervent, moving. A bored 'hoo haw' in
response to a know-it-all 'hah' is anything but emotional.
aaa
2018-01-19 04:23:33 UTC
Post by hypatiab7
Post by aaa
Post by hypatiab7
Post by aaa
Only fundamentalist believe in an inerrant bible, as you do.
Only you fundamentalists insists that the bible must be read
as a literally true history.
I'm not a fundamentalist, but the Bible is perfect and true
when viewed according to the truth.
That makes you a fundamentalist. Your truth is yours, not that
of each of us. I know you don't understand individualism, but we
aren't going to become a part of you. That's how you hope to
control people. You aren't smart enough to become another
Manson.
I don't belong to any religion. I don't even know what a
fundamentalist looks like. What makes you think I want to control
you? You don't even know my real name. How am I going to control
you over the internet?
You'll have to figure that out yourself.
I don't have to. I don't have to control anyone, but no one can escape
from the truth.
Post by hypatiab7
Post by aaa
Post by hypatiab7
You will never and have never convinced an atheist of your Bible
nonsense. Coming back to repeat your idiocy just returns you to
your previous trollhood. You've already failed here three times.
Going for four?
I'm sure I have been here a lot more than four times. My original
usenet name was Eric.
Whoever you are, you've failed every time you've been here or you
wouldn't have returned. How far back does Eric go? Were you Brze?
Eric - Brze, niunian, aaa, bbb
Post by aaa
Hah..
:-)
Hoo Haw
Lucky you for having such good memory, but there is still another name
you have not mentioned.
--
God's spiritual evidence:

hypatiab7
Not needed. Besides, someone else might have it. Those of us with troll lists trade information. Are you afraid to mention a no longer used nym?
aaa
2018-01-19 11:44:55 UTC
Post by hypatiab7
Post by aaa
Post by hypatiab7
Post by aaa
Post by hypatiab7
Post by hypatiab7
Post by aaa
Post by hypatiab7
You will never and have never convinced an atheist of your
Bible nonsense. Coming back to repeat your idiocy just
returns you to your previous trollhood. You've already failed
here three times. Going for four?
I'm sure I have been here a lot more than four times. My
original usenet name was Eric.
Whoever you are, you've failed every time you've been here or
you wouldn't have returned. How far back does Eric go? Were you
Brze?
Eric - Brze, niunian, aaa, bbb
Post by aaa
Hah..
:-)
Hoo Haw
Lucky you for having such good memory, but there is still another
name you have not mentioned.
Not needed. Besides, someone else might have it. Those of us with
troll lists trade information. Are you afraid to mention a no longer
used nym?
No, but I would like to keep you guessing.
--
God's spiritual evidence:

Christopher A. Lee
2018-01-12 14:17:19 UTC
On Thu, 11 Jan 2018 23:26:22 -0800 (PST), hypatiab7
Post by hypatiab7
Post by aaa
Post by aaa
Post by JTEM
Only fundamentalist believe in an inerrant bible,
as you do.
Only you fundamentalists insists that the bible
must be read as a literally true history.
I'm not a fundamentalist, but the Bible is perfect and true when viewed
according to the truth.
That makes you a fundamentalist. Your truth is yours, not that of each of us.
I know you don't understand individualism, but we aren't going to become a
part of you. That's how you hope to control people. You aren't smart enough to become another Manson.
You will never and have never convinced an atheist of your Bible nonsense.
Coming back to repeat your idiocy just returns you to your previous
trollhood. You've already failed here three times. Going for four?
If he calls it "the truth", that forces a dichotomy which makes it a
lie because it's not the truth.

It's actually a false dichotomy, but it's his, not ours.

Which leaves out what it actually is - his belief which he rudely and
stupidly imagines is important to everybody else and so can't keep to
himself.
hypatiab7
2018-01-12 03:15:37 UTC
Post by Cloud Hobbit
[...]
Oh, my! You're going to have John Monkeyboi running wild. He might even
become, perish the thought, emotional! One thing is certain, you've given
ALL our trolls a reason to start many new threads.
Cloud Hobbit
2018-01-12 07:22:05 UTC
Oh, my! You're going to have John Monkeyboi running wild. He might even
become, perish the thought, emotional! One thing is certain, you've given
ALL our trolls a reason to start many new threads.
_________

Not my intention. Mostly I like to how they dance and try to argue away reality.

They always embarrass themselves.

It does seem lately that one can almost predict the type of responses.

Certainly at least one will chalk it up to spiritual blindness.
Another will say how it all points to an awesome creator.

Yawn.

I guess all the good lies have already been told.
MattB
2018-01-12 19:01:04 UTC
Post by Cloud Hobbit
[...]
I've never read any religious book I believe was "authored by a
supernatural deity".