Southern Baptist Churches - Going, Going......
Mitchell Holman
2019-05-29 02:21:35 UTC
Southern Baptist Churches Decline in Most Areas
May 28, 2019

The SBC’s annual statistical report provides
various data points on the state of its
convention, including church affiliation,
total membership, annual baptisms and worship
attendance. The latest report provided data
for 2018, comparing the numbers to 2017.

SBC-affiliated congregations had nearly 200,000
fewer members in 2018, a 1.28% decline that
dropped total membership below 15 million.

In addition, the convention reported nearly
7,700 fewer baptisms (down 3.02%) and 88 fewer
churches affiliating with the SBC (a 0.19% decline).

Average attendance in SBC churches also dropped
from 2017 to 2018, with average weekly worship
attendance down 22,700 and average Sunday School
small group attendance down nearly 98,000.

http://tinyurl.com/y2xnsd7x
Yap Honghor
2019-05-29 02:35:30 UTC
Post by Mitchell Holman
Southern Baptist Churches Decline in Most Areas
May 28, 2019
The SBC’s annual statistical report provides
various data points on the state of its
convention, including church affiliation,
total membership, annual baptisms and worship
attendance. The latest report provided data
for 2018, comparing the numbers to 2017.
SBC-affiliated congregations had nearly 200,000
fewer members in 2018, a 1.28% decline that
dropped total membership below 15 million.
In addition, the convention reported nearly
7,700 fewer baptisms (down 3.02%) and 88 fewer
churches affiliating with the SBC (a 0.19% decline).
Average attendance in SBC churches also dropped
from 2017 to 2018, with average weekly worship
attendance down 22,700 and average Sunday School
small group attendance down nearly 98,000.
http://tinyurl.com/y2xnsd7x
Imagining 15 million memberships with each donating $20 per month and you will have 300 million dollars each month tax free to feed the religious scumbags!!!

And this is just an under-estimation....for Baptist sect alone.
The Chief Castrator Of The Jews
2019-05-30 22:04:31 UTC
Post by Mitchell Holman
Southern Baptist Churches Decline in Most Areas
May 28, 2019
HOW MUCH YOU GET PAID TO KEEP TRACK?
http://tinyurl.com/y2xnsd7x
Bob
2019-05-30 22:46:00 UTC
Post by Mitchell Holman
Southern Baptist Churches Decline in Most Areas
May 28, 2019
They are having services in their homes instead of all in one building,
where license plate numbers can be easily collected , and then the addresses
of the owners of those cars can be "distributed".

It's called "Home Churches", or as we like to call it, "Stealth
Christianity".
We're out there, in full force. You just don't know where to find us.
But not to worry. If the need arises, we'll find you. <smirk>
Cloud Hobbit
2019-05-30 23:14:02 UTC
Post by Bob
It's called "Home Churches", or as we like to call it, "Stealth
Christianity".
We're out there, in full force. You just don't know where to find us.
But not to worry. If the need arises, we'll find you. <smirk>

It's called CYA, cover your ass.

There is no data that I know of that keeps track of "home church" attendance. Do you have a citation that says differently?

If home churches were covering the loss in church attendance, would the people in charge be unaware? I doubt it.

You guys just can't deal with the fact that less and less people are going to church because fewer and fewer people are religious, especially not in the way their parents were.

Computers are helping by making information more readily available. At a point in history where human beings should be embarrassed by the idea of gods who watch over us but do nothing, and stay hidden and offer nothing while one is alive, it's finally sinking in that such belief is childish at best and flat out evil at its worst.

Religion and religious belief is finally starting to die. And not a moment too soon.

Maybe we can start looking forward to an end to the problems in the middle east, which comes down to who God gave the deed for the middle east, and to whom did he give it.

Religion has caused far more problems than it has solved.

In a few years the ark encounter will be an empty spot in the road that people will point and laugh at the crap people once believed.

Humans riding dinosaurs? Gimme a fucking break.

Bye God.
Bye Jesus.
We don't need you anymore.
We're finally growing up.
Kevrob
2019-05-31 01:51:02 UTC
Post by Bob
[...]
"Home churches" in residential neighborhoods, where there isn't
sufficient parking, is also known as "being a lousy neighbor,"
unless the "congregation" stays very small, and the meetings rotate
to the various members' homes.

Home churches have also gotten into vicious fights of the
"zoning regulations v First Amendment" fights, here in the USA.
People have a right to assemble, and worship together. They also
have a responsiblility not to burden their neighbors with extra
traffic and noise.

As much as I am an atheist, I would never turn a neighbor of
mine into the city if I suspected him or her of holding home
church meetings in violation of zoning regulations. Those rules
are often not enforced fairly and without favor. The alderman/councilwoman's friends get to hold lour raucus parties,
while some Joe holding a bible study has the cops show up.
That's no way to run a town.

--
Kevin R
a.a #2310
d***@cox.net
2019-06-02 21:59:47 UTC
Post by Bob
[...]
You'll wear the same size pants in hell.

the dukester
Ted
That's just an idiotic superstition, Duke
d***@cox.net
2019-06-05 21:05:05 UTC
Post by Bob
[...]
The world forever more has professed "some" life after death. The only man to
come back and advise us is Jesus Christ. You and I have no sayso about it's
truth or lack thereof.

But one's thing for sure. Our place, yours and mine, is a function of how we
live our lives now.

the dukester
d***@cox.net
2019-06-02 21:58:51 UTC
Post by Bob
Post by Mitchell Holman
Southern Baptist Churches Decline in Most Areas
May 28, 2019
They are having services in their homes instead of all in one building,
where license plate numbers can be easily collected , and then the addresses
of the owners of those cars can be "distributed".
It's called "Home Churches", or as we like to call it, "Stealth
Christianity".
We're out there, in full force. You just don't know where to find us.
But not to worry. If the need arises, we'll find you. <smirk>
Gee, and we Roman Catholics keep growing, growing, growing.

the dukester
Mitchell Holman
2019-06-03 02:19:23 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Bob
Post by Mitchell Holman
Southern Baptist Churches Decline in Most Areas
May 28, 2019
They are having services in their homes instead of all in one
building, where license plate numbers can be easily collected , and
then the addresses of the owners of those cars can be "distributed".
It's called "Home Churches", or as we like to call it, "Stealth
Christianity".
We're out there, in full force. You just don't know where to find us.
But not to worry. If the need arises, we'll find you. <smirk>
Gee, and we Roman Catholics keep growing, growing, growing.
Isn't lying one of your sins?

CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS LOST MORE MEMBERS
THAN ANY OTHER RELIGION IN THE U.S.

A recently published Pew Research Report
has shed new light on American Catholicism.
The study begins by informing the reader that
the United States is home to 51 million adults
who identify themselves as Catholics. The
content then states that the American Catholic
population has decreased during the last 10
years. The numbers say it clearly: in 2007,
Catholics made up 24 percent of the U.S.
population. In 2014, it went down to 21 percent.

Will the Catholic population decline even more
in the wake of reports of sexual abuse? The U.S.
contains more than 17,000 parishes serving a
diverse population. The recent years witnessed
American Catholicism weather the number of both
external and internal challenges, starting with
membership declines to priest shortages. The
largest American religious institution got
battered by reports saying clergies in the fold
engaged themselves in sexual abuse of minors.
What's worse, these criminal misdemeanors were
covered up by higher church authorities. Pew
Research Center One of the more striking finds
of the Pew study was that religious switching
has harmed Catholicism more than any other
American religious tradition. As per empirical
data, about 13 percent of adults residing in the
United States and raised as Catholics now identify
as Protestants or religious "nones" denoting lack
of religion. Only two percent of American adults
traveled the other way, meaning they converted to
Catholicism. No other religion has suffered such
attrition of the faithful.

Another point worth noticing is that a number of
American Catholics want the church to undertake
significant changes. 60 percent believe that
priests should be permitted to marry. Many hold
the positive view of women becoming priests.
About 50 percent hold the opinion that the
Catholic Church should solemnize gay and lesbian
marriages.

http://tinyurl.com/y9csypsk
d***@cox.net
2019-06-05 21:08:55 UTC
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Bob
Post by Mitchell Holman
Southern Baptist Churches Decline in Most Areas
May 28, 2019
They are having services in their homes instead of all in one
building, where license plate numbers can be easily collected , and
then the addresses of the owners of those cars can be "distributed".
It's called "Home Churches", or as we like to call it, "Stealth
Christianity".
We're out there, in full force. You just don't know where to find us.
But not to worry. If the need arises, we'll find you. <smirk>
Gee, and we Roman Catholics keep growing, growing, growing.
Isn't lying one of your sins?
If one is lying for his own benefit.
Post by Mitchell Holman
CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS LOST MORE MEMBERS
THAN ANY OTHER RELIGION IN THE U.S.
The Catholic Population, basis actual numbers, is up 5% since 2010.
Post by Mitchell Holman
A recently published Pew Research Report
has shed new light on American Catholicism.
Maybe Pew should stop guessing.

the dukester
Kevrob
2019-06-05 21:29:25 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Mitchell Holman
A recently published Pew Research Report
has shed new light on American Catholicism.
Maybe Pew should stop guessing.
The US RCC has native-born Catholics quitting and dying.
They are beng replaced by immigrants. On net, they are not
growing as a percentage of all US believers, but have dropped
3% pts from 2007 to 2014.

Even if the absolute number were up, some, it would be nothing
like what it would be if so many hadn't quit. In fact, the
survey showed absolute numbers DOWN:

[quote]

The new survey indicates there are about 51 million Catholic adults in
the U.S. today, roughly 3 million fewer than in 2007.

[/quote]

https://www.pewforum.org/2015/05/12/americas-changing-religious-landscape/

So, Earl's just wrong, all around.

Continuing:

[quote]

Meanwhile, the number of religiously unaffiliated adults has increased
by roughly 19 million since 2007. There are now approximately 56
million religiously unaffiliated adults in the U.S., and this group -
sometimes called religious “nones” – is more numerous than either
Catholics or mainline Protestants, according to the new survey. Indeed,
the unaffiliated are now second in size only to evangelical Protestants
among major religious groups in the U.S.

[/quote]

This would be "unchurched" believers, "spiritual but not religious,"
agnostics and even li'l ol' atheists, like myself.

--
Kevin R
a.a #2310
d***@cox.net
2019-06-11 12:04:55 UTC
Post by Kevrob
Post by Kevrob
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Mitchell Holman
A recently published Pew Research Report
has shed new light on American Catholicism.
Maybe Pew should stop guessing.
The US RCC has native-born Catholics quitting and dying.
And conversions and Confirmations are up +5% over quits and dying..
Post by Kevrob
They are beng replaced by immigrants. On net, they are not
growing as a percentage of all US believers, but have dropped
3% pts from 2007 to 2014.
Oh what a crock.
Post by Kevrob
Even if the absolute number were up, some, it would be nothing
like what it would be if so many hadn't quit. In fact, the
[quote]
The new survey indicates there are about 51 million Catholic adults in
the U.S. today, roughly 3 million fewer than in 2007.
CHURCH STATS show a new growth us 5% since 2010..

the dukester
Mitchell Holman
2019-06-11 13:05:12 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Kevrob
Post by Kevrob
Post by Kevrob
Even if the absolute number were up, some, it would be nothing
like what it would be if so many hadn't quit. In fact, the
[quote]
The new survey indicates there are about 51 million Catholic adults in
the U.S. today, roughly 3 million fewer than in 2007.
CHURCH STATS show a new growth us 5% since 2010..
Wrong.

Catholics' Church Attendance Resumes Downward Slide
APRIL 9, 2018

From 2014 to 2017, an average of 39% of Catholics
reported attending church in the past seven days.
This is down from an average of 45% from 2005 to
2008 and represents a steep decline from 75% in
1955.
http://tinyurl.com/yarasec6
d***@cox.net
2019-06-11 21:31:39 UTC
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Kevrob
Post by Kevrob
Post by Kevrob
Even if the absolute number were up, some, it would be nothing
like what it would be if so many hadn't quit. In fact, the
[quote]
The new survey indicates there are about 51 million Catholic adults in
the U.S. today, roughly 3 million fewer than in 2007.
CHURCH STATS show a new growth us 5% since 2010..
Wrong.
Right.
Post by Mitchell Holman
Catholics' Church Attendance Resumes Downward Slide
APRIL 9, 2018
From 2014 to 2017, an average of 39% of Catholics
reported attending church in the past seven days.
Which is weekly. I myself go for 6 days a week.

Daily lives have taken on a whole new meaning - women working, taking kids to BB
practice or dancing, etc. There's an endless line of reasoning why Mass is one
way
the dukester
Mitchell Holman
2019-06-12 01:44:35 UTC
On Tue, 11 Jun 2019 08:05:12 -0500, Mitchell Holman
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Kevrob
Post by Kevrob
Post by Mitchell Holman
Catholics' Church Attendance Resumes Downward Slide
APRIL 9, 2018
From 2014 to 2017, an average of 39% of Catholics
reported attending church in the past seven days.
Which is weekly. I myself go for 6 days a week.
Daily lives have taken on a whole new meaning - women working, taking
kids to BB practice or dancing, etc. There's an endless line of
reasoning why Mass is one way
Even the Pope admits the declining
numbers of Catholics. Is the Pope...lying?

Pope Benedict and the Decline of American Catholicism
February 11, 2013

Nearly one-third of Americans who were raised Catholic
no longer describe themselves as Catholics. Overall,
American Catholic churches lost 5 percent of their
membership during the last decade, and the decline
would have been much steeper if not for the offsetting
impact of Catholic immigrants from Latin America.

http://tinyurl.com/mj44znw
d***@cox.net
2019-06-17 20:17:56 UTC
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Mitchell Holman
Catholics' Church Attendance Resumes Downward Slide
APRIL 9, 2018
From 2014 to 2017, an average of 39% of Catholics
reported attending church in the past seven days.
Which is weekly. I myself go for 6 days a week.
Daily lives have taken on a whole new meaning - women working, taking
kids to BB practice or dancing, etc. There's an endless line of
reasoning why Mass is one way
Even the Pope admits the declining
numbers of Catholics. Is the Pope...lying?
Now automobiles have radios and air conditioning.
the dukester
Yap Honghor
2019-06-19 02:56:08 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Kevrob
Post by Kevrob
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Mitchell Holman
A recently published Pew Research Report
has shed new light on American Catholicism.
Maybe Pew should stop guessing.
The US RCC has native-born Catholics quitting and dying.
And conversions and Confirmations are up +5% over quits and dying..
Wow, US has been growing more stupidly...no wonder the country is declining fast, especially with a liar and cheater as its supreme leader!
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Kevrob
They are beng replaced by immigrants. On net, they are not
growing as a percentage of all US believers, but have dropped
3% pts from 2007 to 2014.
Oh what a crock.
A fact that you dislike!
What are the reasons for people to be born less intelligent as time goes?
d***@cox.net
2019-06-23 20:23:28 UTC
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Kevrob
Post by Kevrob
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Kevrob
Even if the absolute number were up, some, it would be nothing
like what it would be if so many hadn't quit. In fact, the
[quote]
The new survey indicates there are about 51 million Catholic adults in
the U.S. today, roughly 3 million fewer than in 2007.
CHURCH STATS show a new growth us 5% since 2010..
What are the reasons for people to be born less intelligent as time goes?
I don't know. It's your story.

the dukester

Kevrob
2019-06-05 22:21:22 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
The Catholic Population, basis actual numbers, is up 5% since 2010.
Cite?

And don't pull a fast one, like using numbers for adults in one
study, and total members including children - who have no effective
choice in the matter - from a different study.

--
Kevin R
a.a #2310
d***@cox.net
the dukester
Kevrob
2019-06-11 12:23:09 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Kevrob
Post by d***@cox.net
The Catholic Population, basis actual numbers, is up 5% since 2010.
Cite?
Parish connected.
Back it up with actual evidence, not anecdotage.
why should we take your word for _anything_?

The RCC is notorious for keeping "lapsed Catholics" on
the books when they have actually quit. The official
procedure for officially quitting was even removed from
the church's rules.
a.a #2310
d***@cox.net
2019-06-11 21:35:39 UTC
Post by Kevrob
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
The Catholic Population, basis actual numbers, is up 5% since 2010.
Cite?
Parish connected.
Back it up with actual evidence, not anecdotage.
why should we take your word for _anything_?
Haahaahaa. When your data is **survey based estimates**. Haahaahaa.
Post by Kevrob
The RCC is notorious for keeping "lapsed Catholics" on
the books when they have actually quit.
A lapsed Catholic is still on the books as a Catholic or Catholic family. And
when is "actually quit". I've already pointed out to you that actual population
growth stands at +5% since 2010..
Post by Kevrob
The official
procedure for officially quitting was even removed from
the church's rules.
What rules? Heeheehee. They are still registered.

the dukester
Kevrob
2019-06-12 02:46:41 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Kevrob
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
The Catholic Population, basis actual numbers, is up 5% since 2010.
Cite?
Parish connected.
Back it up with actual evidence, not anecdotage.
why should we take your word for _anything_?
Haahaahaa. When your data is **survey based estimates**. Haahaahaa.
What data do you have that is better. Quote it here.
Post a link. If you can't link, name the publication.
Others with better search-fu than you will find it.
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Kevrob
The RCC is notorious for keeping "lapsed Catholics" on
the books when they have actually quit.
A lapsed Catholic is still on the books as a Catholic or Catholic family. And
when is "actually quit". I've already pointed out to you that actual population
growth stands at +5% since 2010..
That is growth in some total claimed by the RCC, then.
In the world? In the US? What about % of world population?

No numbers, nobody believes you.
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Kevrob
The official
procedure for officially quitting was even removed from
the church's rules.
[quote]

Formal acts of defection were introduced in the 1983 Code of Canon Law
to solve a regulatory issue in some Catholic marriages. Unintentionally,
that allowed defection for any reason. Pope Benedict XVI closed the loophole
in 2010.

When voluntary defection was an option, grass-roots movements sprang up
to encourage it. One website, CountMeOut.ie, launched in 2009 in response to
the government of Ireland’s Ryan Report on church abuse. Visitors could
simply download a Declaration of Defection form, fill in their details and
send it to the relevant bishop.

“The original goal was to use the church’s own mechanism as a means of
protest against it,” said Cormac Flynn, who co-founded the site with
friends Grainne O’Sullivan and Paul Dunbar.

More than 12,000 forms were downloaded before Benedict nullified defections
a year later and the site shuttered. Nearly 10 years later, the
founders remember it as important activism for an Ireland still
reevaluating its relationship with the church, Flynn said.

[/quote] - Dan Waidelich, October 22, 2018

"Want to leave the Catholic Church? Officially, you can’t."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion/2018/10/22/want-leave-catholic-church-officially-you-cant/
Post by d***@cox.net
What rules? Heeheehee. They are still registered.
If any church functionary called me a Catholic in print,
I might sue him for libel.

This was the form to fill out to "defect."

https://www.notme.ie/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/DeclarationOfDefection.

See also:

https://religion.wikia.org/wiki/Actus_formalis_defectionis_ab_Ecclesia_catholica

Do we know any other organizations one "joins" as an infant that
don't allow you to resign?

--
Kevin R
a.a #2310
Alex W.
2019-06-12 23:12:59 UTC
Post by Kevrob
Do we know any other organizations one "joins" as an infant that
don't allow you to resign?
Islam springs to mind, but I could be wrong.

US Social Security?
:-)
d***@cox.net
2019-06-17 20:45:28 UTC
Post by Kevrob
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Kevrob
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
The Catholic Population, basis actual numbers, is up 5% since 2010.
Cite?
Parish connected.
Back it up with actual evidence, not anecdotage.
why should we take your word for _anything_?
Haahaahaa. When your data is **survey based estimates**. Haahaahaa.
What data do you have that is better. Quote it here.
Church records, including attendee surveys.
Post by Kevrob
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Kevrob
The RCC is notorious for keeping "lapsed Catholics" on
the books when they have actually quit.
A lapsed Catholic is still on the books as a Catholic or Catholic family. And
when is "actually quit". I've already pointed out to you that actual population
growth stands at +5% since 2010..
That is growth in some total claimed by the RCC, then.
Total US RCatholic.
Post by Kevrob
In the world? In the US? What about % of world population?
No numbers, nobody believes you.
I don't care. Nobody believes you either.
Post by Kevrob
"Want to leave the Catholic Church? Officially, you can’t."
So what 's the issue. Only to play kissy-face with atheists.
Post by d***@cox.net
What rules? Heeheehee. They are still registered.
If any church functionary called me a Catholic in print,
I might sue him for libel.
He has no record you "left". I can certify that the Parish of record is only
minimally adhered to.
Post by Kevrob
This was the form to fill out to "defect."
No defection. The only purpose of enrollment is to understand the flow of
monies by parish.
Post by Kevrob
Do we know any other organizations one "joins" as an infant that
don't allow you to resign?
Nobody "joins" a parish. Are you a prot now? Registering assists in facilities
and budgets. If one parish has 1000 members and 500 meander over to another
parish, the old and new parish have to adjust their operating budgets and
facilities.

You're dumber on the big picture than I thought.

the dukester
Alex W.
2019-06-12 02:06:42 UTC
Post by Kevrob
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
The Catholic Population, basis actual numbers, is up 5% since 2010.
Cite?
Parish connected.
Back it up with actual evidence, not anecdotage.
why should we take your word for _anything_?
The RCC is notorious for keeping "lapsed Catholics" on
the books when they have actually quit. The official
procedure for officially quitting was even removed from
the church's rules.
Not a universal rule, though.

In Germany, where thanks to a 1933 concordat between the Vatican and the
Third Reich the German state still collects church taxes (currently 7.5%
of income tax paid) on behalf of the Catholic church, Catholics wishing
to avoid this tax have a formal way of leaving the church.
Tim
Yep, you get fatter every day.
d***@cox.net
2019-06-17 20:46:41 UTC
Post by Tim
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Bob
Post by Mitchell Holman
Southern Baptist Churches Decline in Most Areas
May 28, 2019
They are having services in their homes instead of all in one building,
where license plate numbers can be easily collected , and then the addresses
of the owners of those cars can be "distributed".
It's called "Home Churches", or as we like to call it, "Stealth
Christianity".
We're out there, in full force. You just don't know where to find us.
But not to worry. If the need arises, we'll find you. <smirk>
Gee, and we Roman Catholics keep growing, growing, growing.
Yep, you get fatter every day.
And your balls are vaporizing.

the dukester