Criticism of Atheism
Add Reply
Ivan The Terrible
2020-04-29 05:48:27 UTC
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
Cloud Hobbit
2020-04-29 07:02:50 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
The only valid criticism of atheism would be if there were atheists even after a god was proven to exist.

Until that happens, AFAIC atheism IS the default position.
Charles Packer
2020-04-29 07:58:03 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
The only valid criticism of atheism would be if there were atheists even
after a god was proven to exist.
Until that happens, AFAIC atheism IS the default position.
Really? What about agnosticism?

http://cpacker.org
Cloud Hobbit
2020-04-29 09:28:35 UTC
Post by Charles Packer
Really? What about agnosticism?
What about it?

An agnostic is just a Chickenshit atheist.

Agnostics don't believe its possible to know if God exists.

If I tell you I have a purple dragon in my garage, is your default that you can't know if I do or not?

None if the evidence given by believers has been found to be true in the attempts to prove God.

If nothing proves God, then why bother thinking about it?

I'm all for discoBering all we can about reality, I don't see how a completely unevidenced deity fits in.
Ivan The Terrible
2020-04-29 09:34:30 UTC
Post by Charles Packer
Really? What about agnosticism?
What about it?
An agnostic is just a Chickenshit atheist.
WRONG.

ag·nos·tic
/aɡˈnästik/

noun
a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God.
Kurt Nicklas
2020-04-29 11:40:44 UTC
Post by Charles Packer
Really? What about agnosticism?
What about it?
An agnostic is just a Chickenshit atheist.
Agnostics don't believe its possible to know if God exists.
If I tell you I have a purple dragon in my garage, is your default that you can't know if I do or not?
None if the evidence given by believers has been found to be true in the attempts to prove God.
Which believers have you consulted?

---
"Atheists don't see God because there is nothing to see.
God doesn't and cannot exist."
--"Cloud Hobbit" 8/11/19

Tim
2020-04-29 09:43:17 UTC
Post by Charles Packer
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
The only valid criticism of atheism would be if there were atheists even
after a god was proven to exist.
Until that happens, AFAIC atheism IS the default position.
Really? What about agnosticism?
Atheism pertains to belief about gods, agnosticism to knowledge about gods.
http://cpacker.org
Ivan The Terrible
2020-04-29 09:45:01 UTC
Post by Charles Packer
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
The only valid criticism of atheism would be if there were atheists even
after a god was proven to exist.
Until that happens, AFAIC atheism IS the default position.
Really? What about agnosticism?
Atheism pertains to belief about gods, agnosticism to knowledge about gods.
Post by Charles Packer
http://cpacker.org
WRONG

a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God.
Tim
2020-04-29 10:04:35 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Tim
Post by Charles Packer
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
The only valid criticism of atheism would be if there were atheists even
after a god was proven to exist.
Until that happens, AFAIC atheism IS the default position.
Really? What about agnosticism?
Atheism pertains to belief about gods, agnosticism to knowledge about gods.
Post by Charles Packer
http://cpacker.org
WRONG
a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God.
Why didn't you cut and paste this bit:

?

Because we both know I'm not wrong, coward.
Ivan The Terrible
2020-04-29 09:23:54 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
The only valid criticism of atheism would be if there were atheists even after a god was proven to exist.
Until that happens, AFAIC atheism IS the default position.
There is a very good reason that atheists are a small minority on this planet.
Most people know it does not fit with reality.
Cloud Hobbit
2020-04-29 09:33:57 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
There is a very good reason that atheists are a small minority on this planet.
Most people know it does not fit with reality

If that's so, why has none of the "evidence" been able to prove God's existence?

Why is a bullshit concept called faith involved?

If there's evidence, You don't need faith.
Ivan The Terrible
2020-04-29 09:37:40 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Ivan The Terrible
There is a very good reason that atheists are a small minority on this planet.
Most people know it does not fit with reality
If that's so, why has none of the "evidence" been able to prove God's existence?
You're a lying motherfucker who refuses to tell the truth about what you see.
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Why is a bullshit concept called faith involved?
If there's evidence, You don't need faith.
There are some intangibles which cannot be proven with evidence.
The great majority of humans know you are wrong.
Yap Honghor
2020-04-29 10:42:46 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Ivan The Terrible
There is a very good reason that atheists are a small minority on this planet.
Most people know it does not fit with reality
If that's so, why has none of the "evidence" been able to prove God's existence?
You're a lying motherfucker who refuses to tell the truth about what you see.
He has never seen a pixie, that is his truth, but you just have to lie...!!!
This is a big lie...what intangible is a pixie? It can be asked to heal the amputees, right? Let's see you do it!!!!!!
Tim
Atheism does not pertain to knowledge, idiot. And if religious people know they are right and atheists are wrong, why are there so many different religions, you dumb cunt?
Yap Honghor
We know most people, including theists, know religions are scams!!!!!!!!
Ivan The Terrible
2020-04-29 09:40:05 UTC
My own suspicion is this:Most atheists abandon religion because they don't like being constrained by the rules of religion.
Yap Honghor
2020-04-29 10:37:38 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
There are Criticism of Christianity, Theism and Judaism also, I wonder why you refuse to list them as well....

Must be a bias liar!
Christopher A. Lee
2020-04-29 11:11:48 UTC
On Wed, 29 Apr 2020 03:37:38 -0700 (PDT), Yap Honghor
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
There are Criticism of Christianity, Theism and Judaism also, I wonder why you refuse to list them as well....
Must be a bias liar!
There's nothing about atheism to criticise, anything more than not
believing in Santa Claus - no matter what confrontationally
in-your-face, pig-ignorant, bigoted religious loonies like Mad Joe
imagine.

What atheism actually is, that is - because no matter how much the
bigoted liars try to tar atheists with the Stalin brush, atheism per
se is a non-event, just a description that we don't do something a lot
of other people do, little different from not believing in Santa Claus
and neither a motivation nor justification for anything.

Which he has had repeatedly explained ever since he first crashed the
group with his bigoted lies about us, to us.
Kurt Nicklas
2020-04-29 11:37:02 UTC
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
There are Criticism of Christianity, Theism and Judaism also, I wonder why you refuse to list them as well....
Must be a bias liar!
There's nothing about atheism to criticise, anything more than not
believing in Santa Claus - no matter what confrontationally
in-your-face, pig-ignorant, bigoted religious loonies like Mad Joe
imagine.
What atheism actually is, that is - because no matter how much the
bigoted liars try to tar atheists with the Stalin brush,
Like by saying that Stalin was an atheist AND one of the greatest mass murderers of history?

Well...he was, wasn't he? And atheists are so very, very devoted to provable facts aren't they?!

Except when they AREN'T, of course.

atheism per
Post by Christopher A. Lee
se is a non-event, just a description that we don't do something a lot
of other people do, little different from not believing in Santa Claus
and neither a motivation nor justification for anything.
Of course this definition of atheism does double-duty for CHRISTopher:
Since, for him, there is nothing to defend then he need not put forth the effort
to do so AND he gets to claim 'victim status' because he's so very, very put upon
by people who disagree with him!

Poor, poor man!
JWS
2020-04-29 11:39:04 UTC
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Ivan The Terrible
[...]
I'm an agnostic atheist. I don't believe in any god, so
that makes me an atheist. I'm agnostic because I
don't know for sure that there is no god.
And being agnostic means that I support the idea of the
Divine Hiddenness of god which makes for fun arguments
with theists. Like, what is your god afraid of?