Criticism of Atheism
Add Reply
Ivan The Terrible
2020-04-29 05:48:27 UTC
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
Cloud Hobbit
2020-04-29 07:02:50 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
The only valid criticism of atheism would be if there were atheists even after a god was proven to exist.

Until that happens, AFAIC atheism IS the default position.
Charles Packer
2020-04-29 07:58:03 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
The only valid criticism of atheism would be if there were atheists even
after a god was proven to exist.
Until that happens, AFAIC atheism IS the default position.
Really? What about agnosticism?

http://cpacker.org
Cloud Hobbit
2020-04-29 09:28:35 UTC
Post by Charles Packer
Really? What about agnosticism?
What about it?

An agnostic is just a Chickenshit atheist.

Agnostics don't believe its possible to know if God exists.

If I tell you I have a purple dragon in my garage, is your default that you can't know if I do or not?

None if the evidence given by believers has been found to be true in the attempts to prove God.

If nothing proves God, then why bother thinking about it?

I'm all for discoBering all we can about reality, I don't see how a completely unevidenced deity fits in.
Ivan The Terrible
2020-04-29 09:34:30 UTC
Post by Charles Packer
Really? What about agnosticism?
What about it?
An agnostic is just a Chickenshit atheist.
WRONG.

ag·nos·tic
/aɡˈnästik/

noun
a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God.
Kurt Nicklas
2020-04-29 11:40:44 UTC
Post by Charles Packer
Really? What about agnosticism?
What about it?
An agnostic is just a Chickenshit atheist.
Agnostics don't believe its possible to know if God exists.
If I tell you I have a purple dragon in my garage, is your default that you can't know if I do or not?
None if the evidence given by believers has been found to be true in the attempts to prove God.
Which believers have you consulted?

---
"Atheists don't see God because there is nothing to see.
God doesn't and cannot exist."
--"Cloud Hobbit" 8/11/19
Dexter
2020-04-29 19:04:44 UTC
On Wednesday, April 29, 2020 at 12:28:39 PM
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by Charles Packer
Really? What about agnosticism?
What about it?
An agnostic is just a Chickenshit atheist.
Agnostics don't believe its possible to know
if God exists.
If I tell you I have a purple dragon in my
garage, is your default that you can't know
if I do or not?
None if the evidence given by believers has
been found to be true in the attempts to
prove God.
Which believers have you consulted?

So, which believer did he miss? You?

Do you have independently verifiable evidence of
god?

Why don't yous share it with us? Go on, tell us
about it.

This should be good for a laugh.
Kurt Nicklas
2020-04-30 07:46:24 UTC
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by Charles Packer
Really? What about agnosticism?
What about it?
An agnostic is just a Chickenshit atheist.
Agnostics don't believe its possible to know
if God exists.
If I tell you I have a purple dragon in my
garage, is your default that you can't know
if I do or not?
None if the evidence given by believers has
been found to be true in the attempts to
prove God.
Which believers have you consulted?
So, which believer did he miss? You?
How will we know unless he says who he HAS consulted?

Think before you answer.
Post by Dexter
Do you have independently verifiable evidence of
god?
What in your world would constitute verifiable evidence for the existence of God?
Post by Dexter
Why don't yous share it with us? Go on, tell us
about it.
See my question above and be sure to answer in an appropriate, olympically
disdainful manner, okay?
Post by Dexter
This should be good for a laugh.
Answer my question and we'll all have a good laugh, little boy.

Tim
2020-04-29 09:43:17 UTC
Post by Charles Packer
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
The only valid criticism of atheism would be if there were atheists even
after a god was proven to exist.
Until that happens, AFAIC atheism IS the default position.
Really? What about agnosticism?
Atheism pertains to belief about gods, agnosticism to knowledge about gods.
http://cpacker.org
Ivan The Terrible
2020-04-29 09:45:01 UTC
Post by Charles Packer
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
The only valid criticism of atheism would be if there were atheists even
after a god was proven to exist.
Until that happens, AFAIC atheism IS the default position.
Really? What about agnosticism?
Atheism pertains to belief about gods, agnosticism to knowledge about gods.
Post by Charles Packer
http://cpacker.org
WRONG

a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God.
Tim
2020-04-29 10:04:35 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Tim
Post by Charles Packer
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
The only valid criticism of atheism would be if there were atheists even
after a god was proven to exist.
Until that happens, AFAIC atheism IS the default position.
Really? What about agnosticism?
Atheism pertains to belief about gods, agnosticism to knowledge about gods.
Post by Charles Packer
http://cpacker.org
WRONG
a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God.
Why didn't you cut and paste this bit:

?

Because we both know I'm not wrong, coward.
Christopher A. Lee
2020-04-29 20:07:11 UTC
Post by Charles Packer
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
The only valid criticism of atheism would be if there were atheists even
after a god was proven to exist.
Until that happens, AFAIC atheism IS the default position.
Really? What about agnosticism?
Why should anybody single out one particular belief from all the
others they don't have, and treat it differently?
Ivan The Terrible
2020-04-29 09:23:54 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
The only valid criticism of atheism would be if there were atheists even after a god was proven to exist.
Until that happens, AFAIC atheism IS the default position.
There is a very good reason that atheists are a small minority on this planet.
Most people know it does not fit with reality.
Cloud Hobbit
2020-04-29 09:33:57 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
There is a very good reason that atheists are a small minority on this planet.
Most people know it does not fit with reality

If that's so, why has none of the "evidence" been able to prove God's existence?

Why is a bullshit concept called faith involved?

If there's evidence, You don't need faith.
Ivan The Terrible
2020-04-29 09:37:40 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Ivan The Terrible
There is a very good reason that atheists are a small minority on this planet.
Most people know it does not fit with reality
If that's so, why has none of the "evidence" been able to prove God's existence?
You're a lying motherfucker who refuses to tell the truth about what you see.
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Why is a bullshit concept called faith involved?
If there's evidence, You don't need faith.
There are some intangibles which cannot be proven with evidence.
The great majority of humans know you are wrong.
Yap Honghor
2020-04-29 10:42:46 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Ivan The Terrible
There is a very good reason that atheists are a small minority on this planet.
Most people know it does not fit with reality
If that's so, why has none of the "evidence" been able to prove God's existence?
You're a lying motherfucker who refuses to tell the truth about what you see.
He has never seen a pixie, that is his truth, but you just have to lie...!!!
This is a big lie...what intangible is a pixie? It can be asked to heal the amputees, right? Let's see you do it!!!!!!
Tim
Atheism does not pertain to knowledge, idiot. And if religious people know they are right and atheists are wrong, why are there so many different religions, you dumb cunt?
Yap Honghor
We know most people, including theists, know religions are scams!!!!!!!!
Oko tillo
2020-04-29 19:11:17 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
==
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Cloud Hobbit
The only valid criticism of atheism would be if there were atheists even after a god was proven to exist.
Until that happens, AFAIC atheism IS the default position.
There is a very good reason that atheists are a small minority on this planet.
Most people know it does not fit with reality.
That so?

The "reality" of most people on this planet involves numerous gods
of which the Judeo-Christian god is only one. Historically even more so,
as belief in many other gods has waxed and waned. Gods by the thousands.

What does that tell you about this "reality"?

Oko
Ivan The Terrible
2020-04-29 09:40:05 UTC
My own suspicion is this:Most atheists abandon religion because they don't like being constrained by the rules of religion.
Marvin Sebourn
2020-04-29 15:15:16 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
Joe: > My own suspicion is this:Most atheists abandon religion because they don't like being constrained by the rules of religion.

And I could counter that I believe that many people profess a belief in God because they know that they can "sin" or do something they know is ethically or morally wrong, and later ask their God for forgiveness, and be absolved of their guilt.

Marvin Sebourn
***@aol.com
Christopher A. Lee
2020-04-29 18:07:39 UTC
On Wed, 29 Apr 2020 08:15:16 -0700 (PDT), Marvin Sebourn
Post by Marvin Sebourn
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
Joe: > My own suspicion is this:Most atheists abandon religion
because they don't like being constrained by the rules of religion.
The deliberately nasty Liar F
Post by Marvin Sebourn
And I could counter that I believe that many people profess a belief in God because they know that they can "sin" or do something they know is ethically or morally wrong, and later ask their God for forgiveness, and be absolved of their guilt.
Marvin Sebourn
Mad Joe keeps repeating this bigoted, deliberately nasty lie - while
pretending he isn't a liar himself and screaming "LIAR!!!!!!!!!!" at
everybody else..
Mitchell Holman
2020-04-29 18:38:50 UTC
Post by Marvin Sebourn
And I could counter that I believe that many people profess a belief
in God because they know that they can "sin" or do something they know
is ethically or morally wrong, and later ask their God for
forgiveness, and be absolved of their guilt.
Marvin Sebourn
Mad Joe keeps repeating this bigoted, deliberately nasty lie - while
pretending he isn't a liar himself and screaming "LIAR!!!!!!!!!!" at
everybody else..
And his calls for "EVIDENCE?//??" even as he
posts about his evidence-free "top secret security
clearance"
Ivan The Terrible
Listen, stupid. I don't ask for evidence in every post and I won't give it every time I am asked. YOU CAN'T READ/
Mitchell Holman
2020-04-30 01:34:29 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
On Wed, 29 Apr 2020 08:15:16 -0700 (PDT), Marvin Sebourn
Post by Marvin Sebourn
Post by Marvin Sebourn
And I could counter that I believe that many people profess a
belief in God because they know that they can "sin" or do something
they know is ethically or morally wrong, and later ask their God
for forgiveness, and be absolved of their guilt.
Marvin Sebourn
Mad Joe keeps repeating this bigoted, deliberately nasty lie -
while pretending he isn't a liar himself and screaming
"LIAR!!!!!!!!!!" at everybody else..
And his calls for "EVIDENCE?//??" even as he
posts about his evidence-free "top secret security
clearance"
Listen, stupid. I don't ask for evidence in every post and I won't
give it every time I am asked. YOU CAN'T READ/
Bingo.

You demand evidence from others but refuse
to post any yourself.
Marvin Sebourn
2020-04-29 20:42:07 UTC
Post by Marvin Sebourn
And I could counter that I believe that many people profess a belief in God because they know that they can "sin" or do something they know is ethically or morally wrong, and later ask their God for forgiveness, and be absolved of their guilt.
Marvin Sebourn
Mad Joe keeps repeating this bigoted, deliberately nasty lie - while
pretending he isn't a liar himself and screaming "LIAR!!!!!!!!!!" at
everybody else..
Considering the many times that atheists and agnostics have been accused of being liars, dishonest, breakers of the law in AltAth, it would be informative to compare the total of demonstrable lies, miscellaneous felonies, misdemeanors, civil actions, restraining orders, confiscations, etc. of all the persons in each of the two classes here, atheists/agnostics compared with theists.

Marvin Sebourn
***@aol.com
Ivan The Terrible
I said it is a suspicion, not a claim, you illiterate asshole.
Ivan The Terrible
2020-04-29 21:00:50 UTC
That is a complete lie, In the Abrahamic religions, they can repent and ask for forgiveness, but the final decision is up to God.In Judaism, God does not grant absolution. Your posts rank among the most ignorant silly crap.
Yap Honghor
According to your reasoning, then what is the use of praying and repent since all decisions rest upon the pixie?
Marvin Sebourn
2020-04-30 03:42:32 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Marvin Sebourn
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
Joe: > My own suspicion is this:Most atheists abandon religion because they don't like being constrained by the rules of religion.
And I could counter that I believe that many people profess a belief in God because they know that they can "sin" or do something they know is ethically or morally wrong, and later ask their God for forgiveness, and be absolved of their guilt.
Joe/Ivan
Post by Ivan The Terrible
That is a complete lie,
No.
Didn't you say that beliefs were not subject to proofs?
Didn't I say "...I believe..."
Didn't I say "...I COULD counter..." (emphasis mine)
Post by Ivan The Terrible
In the Abrahamic religions, they can repent and ask for forgiveness, but the final decision is up to God.
But he always forgives, except for blaspheming the Holy Spirit, and another one or two "sins".
Post by Ivan The Terrible
In Judaism, God does not grant absolution.
Where do I mention Judaism? Focus.
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Your posts rank among the most ignorant silly crap.
If you have difficulty dealing with my posts, go to the shallow end of the pool. Maybe just the kiddy wading pool.

So my post was not a complete lie, not even a lie at all. But you lied about it.

Marvin Sebourn
***@aol.om
Syd M.
2020-04-29 15:18:10 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
My own suspicion is this:Most atheists abandon religion because they don't like being constrained by the rules of religion.
You are wrong, inquisition breath.

PDw
Ivan The Terrible
Jews never had an Inquisition.
Mitchell Holman
2020-04-30 01:43:04 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Syd M.
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
My own suspicion is this:Most atheists abandon religion because
they don't like being constrained by the rules of religion.
You are wrong, inquisition breath.
PDw
Jews never had an Inquisition.
Wrong.

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is
giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their
fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign
gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully.
If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable
act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and
completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the
livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle
of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch
as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must
remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of
the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the
LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you.
He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation,
just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your
God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the
commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him."
(Deuteronomy 13:13-19)
Cloud Hobbit
2020-04-30 02:13:35 UTC
Psychological studies into the phenomenon of mysticism link disturbing aspects of certain mystics' experiences to childhood abuse.[43][44][45] Clifford A. Pickover found evidence suggesting that temporal lobe epilepsy may be linked to a variety of so-called spiritual or "other worldly" experiences, such as spiritual possession, originating from altered electrical activity in the brain.[46] Carl Sagan, in his last book The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark, presented his case for the miraculous sightings of religious figures and modern sightings of UFOs coming from the same mental disorder. Vilayanur S. Ramachandran suggests "It's possible that many great religious leaders had temporal lobe seizures and this predisposes them to having visions, having mystical experiences".[47] Michael Persinger stimulated the temporal lobes of the brain artificially with a magnetic field using a device nicknamed the "God helmet" and was able to artificially induce religious experiences along with near-death experiences and ghost sightings.[48] According to John Bradshaw "Some forms of temporal lobe tumours or epilepsy are associated with extreme religiosity." In his research recent brain imaging of religious subjects praying or meditating show identical activity in the respective human section of the brain which Ramachandran calls God-spots.

Psilocybin from mushrooms affect regions of the brain including the serotonergic system, which generating a sense of strong religious meaning, unity and ecstasy. Certain physical rituals may generate similar feelings.[49]

I think Art and duke have possibly been exposed to something like the "God helmet."

Its either that or they're just assholes.

Hmmmm. Decisions, decisions.

😷
Yap Honghor
2020-04-29 10:37:38 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
There are Criticism of Christianity, Theism and Judaism also, I wonder why you refuse to list them as well....

Must be a bias liar!
Christopher A. Lee
2020-04-29 11:11:48 UTC
On Wed, 29 Apr 2020 03:37:38 -0700 (PDT), Yap Honghor
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
There are Criticism of Christianity, Theism and Judaism also, I wonder why you refuse to list them as well....
Must be a bias liar!
There's nothing about atheism to criticise, anything more than not
believing in Santa Claus - no matter what confrontationally
in-your-face, pig-ignorant, bigoted religious loonies like Mad Joe
imagine.

What atheism actually is, that is - because no matter how much the
bigoted liars try to tar atheists with the Stalin brush, atheism per
se is a non-event, just a description that we don't do something a lot
of other people do, little different from not believing in Santa Claus
and neither a motivation nor justification for anything.

Which he has had repeatedly explained ever since he first crashed the
group with his bigoted lies about us, to us.
Kurt Nicklas
2020-04-29 11:37:02 UTC
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
There are Criticism of Christianity, Theism and Judaism also, I wonder why you refuse to list them as well....
Must be a bias liar!
There's nothing about atheism to criticise, anything more than not
believing in Santa Claus - no matter what confrontationally
in-your-face, pig-ignorant, bigoted religious loonies like Mad Joe
imagine.
What atheism actually is, that is - because no matter how much the
bigoted liars try to tar atheists with the Stalin brush,
Like by saying that Stalin was an atheist AND one of the greatest mass murderers of history?

Well...he was, wasn't he? And atheists are so very, very devoted to provable facts aren't they?!

Except when they AREN'T, of course.

atheism per
Post by Christopher A. Lee
se is a non-event, just a description that we don't do something a lot
of other people do, little different from not believing in Santa Claus
and neither a motivation nor justification for anything.
Of course this definition of atheism does double-duty for CHRISTopher:
Since, for him, there is nothing to defend then he need not put forth the effort
to do so AND he gets to claim 'victim status' because he's so very, very put upon
by people who disagree with him!

Poor, poor man!
JWS
2020-04-29 11:39:04 UTC
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Ivan The Terrible
[...]
I'm an agnostic atheist. I don't believe in any god, so
that makes me an atheist. I'm agnostic because I
don't know for sure that there is no god.
And being agnostic means that I support the idea of the
Divine Hiddenness of god which makes for fun arguments
with theists. Like, what is your god afraid of?
Cloud Hobbit
2020-04-29 18:12:51 UTC
I'm a polyatheist.
There are many gods I don't believe in.

When I think of all the harm the Bible has done, I despair of ever writing anything to equal it.  Oscar Wilde

Religion is "so absurd that it comes close to imbecility."  H.L. Menken
Cloud Hobbit
2020-04-30 01:39:31 UTC
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_religion