Criticism of Atheism
Add Reply
Ivan The Terrible
2020-04-29 05:48:27 UTC
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
Cloud Hobbit
2020-04-29 07:02:50 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
The only valid criticism of atheism would be if there were atheists even after a god was proven to exist.

Until that happens, AFAIC atheism IS the default position.
Charles Packer
2020-04-29 07:58:03 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
The only valid criticism of atheism would be if there were atheists even
after a god was proven to exist.
Until that happens, AFAIC atheism IS the default position.
Really? What about agnosticism?

http://cpacker.org
Cloud Hobbit
2020-04-29 09:28:35 UTC
Post by Charles Packer
Really? What about agnosticism?
What about it?

An agnostic is just a Chickenshit atheist.

Agnostics don't believe its possible to know if God exists.

If I tell you I have a purple dragon in my garage, is your default that you can't know if I do or not?

None if the evidence given by believers has been found to be true in the attempts to prove God.

If nothing proves God, then why bother thinking about it?

I'm all for discoBering all we can about reality, I don't see how a completely unevidenced deity fits in.
Ivan The Terrible
2020-04-29 09:34:30 UTC
Post by Charles Packer
Really? What about agnosticism?
What about it?
An agnostic is just a Chickenshit atheist.
WRONG.

ag·nos·tic
/aɡˈnästik/

noun
a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God.
Kurt Nicklas
2020-04-29 11:40:44 UTC
Post by Charles Packer
Really? What about agnosticism?
What about it?
An agnostic is just a Chickenshit atheist.
Agnostics don't believe its possible to know if God exists.
If I tell you I have a purple dragon in my garage, is your default that you can't know if I do or not?
None if the evidence given by believers has been found to be true in the attempts to prove God.
Which believers have you consulted?

---
"Atheists don't see God because there is nothing to see.
God doesn't and cannot exist."
--"Cloud Hobbit" 8/11/19
Dexter
2020-04-29 19:04:44 UTC
On Wednesday, April 29, 2020 at 12:28:39 PM
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by Charles Packer
Really? What about agnosticism?
What about it?
An agnostic is just a Chickenshit atheist.
Agnostics don't believe its possible to know
if God exists.
If I tell you I have a purple dragon in my
garage, is your default that you can't know
if I do or not?
None if the evidence given by believers has
been found to be true in the attempts to
prove God.
Which believers have you consulted?

So, which believer did he miss? You?

Do you have independently verifiable evidence of
god?

Why don't yous share it with us? Go on, tell us
about it.

This should be good for a laugh.
Kurt Nicklas
2020-04-30 07:46:24 UTC
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by Charles Packer
Really? What about agnosticism?
What about it?
An agnostic is just a Chickenshit atheist.
Agnostics don't believe its possible to know
if God exists.
If I tell you I have a purple dragon in my
garage, is your default that you can't know
if I do or not?
None if the evidence given by believers has
been found to be true in the attempts to
prove God.
Which believers have you consulted?
So, which believer did he miss? You?
How will we know unless he says who he HAS consulted?

Think before you answer.
Post by Dexter
Do you have independently verifiable evidence of
god?
What in your world would constitute verifiable evidence for the existence of God?
Post by Dexter
Why don't yous share it with us? Go on, tell us
about it.
See my question above and be sure to answer in an appropriate, olympically
disdainful manner, okay?
Answer my question and we'll all have a good laugh, little boy.
Tim
2020-04-30 12:15:13 UTC
Post by Dexter
Do you have independently verifiable evidence of
god?
What in your world would constitute verifiable evidence for the existence of God?
You tell us, kuntsy. You believe in a god, so tell us what evidence you used to form your belief. Note: "mommy said he's real" is an excuse, not evidence.

<crickets>

"I guess proper punctuation isn't of much use in Toronto. Nothing there but tears and queers." May 15, 2019 - Kuntsy applies hate speech to an entire city over a punctuation error.

"Tim the Dim is canadian, Lo Mein." July 8, 2019 - Kuntsy demonstrates his marginal literacy and bigotry toward Chinese people.

"I didn't ask what it is, Lo Mein. Where is your pixie?" July 9, 2019 - Again kuntsy demonstrates his racist attitudes toward Chinese people.

"I can say the same thing about God, Lo Mein." July 10, 2019 - Kuntsy shows how grown up he is by believing in a sky daddy and using racist remarks.

"Playing dumb comes easy for you, Lo Mein." July 10, 2019 - More of kuntsy's racism.

"Really, Lo Mein? You still haven't told me where this pixie you call 'Nature' is located." July 10, 2019 - Kuntsy's moral high ground on display again.

"If you don't like to hear that, either apologize or stop reading my posts. That's simple, even for a canadian." July 15, 2019 - Kuntles shows off his grammar skills and hatred of the North.

"Forget Any Rand. She had no grasp of the real world." July 11, 2019 - Kuntsy demonstrates his grasp on spelling names.

"! The end of yet another leftwing dream" July 18, 2019 - Kuntsy thinks that subject titles should start with an exclamation mark and don't need periods!

"I looked high and low for you the same warning when the epithet belowed appeared on a.a." - Kuntsy perfects the bastardization of the English language, LOL!

"Hadn't you heard? Timmykins blames his empty head on the nature of the Universe so, of course, it's not his fault. After all, he didn't actually ask to born!" - Kuntsy emptied his head and poured religion in, LOL!

"No one who knows the history of the 20th century can have such a polyanna view of human 'empathy'." Oct, 28, 2019 - Kuntsy consults his "Any Rand" name dictionary, LOL!

"I don't know who you're talking abo" Nov 10, 2019 - Kuntsy proves, once again, that he doesn't know what he's talking about, LOL!

"I slogged all the way through the Quran. I've been in 4 or 5 mosques. Pass one almost ever day but I'm not convinced to convert, no." Nov 10, 2019. For kuntles The days last for "ever" in Plovdiv, LOL!

"Timmee just can't untangle those fingers sometimes!" Nov 21, 2019 - Kuntsy just can't figure out how to use commas, LOL!

"You can find an atheist who will tell you what you want to hear and you'll buy his books. Richard Dawson et al thank you for your support." - Kuntsy's favorite game show atheist, LOL!
michellemalkingmail.com
2020-04-30 12:24:11 UTC
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by Charles Packer
Really? What about agnosticism?
What about it?
An agnostic is just a Chickenshit atheist.
Agnostics don't believe its possible to know if God exists.
If I tell you I have a purple dragon in my garage, is your default that you can't know if I do or not?
None if the evidence given by believers has been found to be true in the attempts to prove God.
Which believers have you consulted?
Which atheists have you consulted. We don't have leaders and are all individuals. And we also know that you don't listen to what we say,
since your 'mind' is constrained by your version of your religion.
Tim
2020-04-30 12:28:50 UTC
Post by michellemalkingmail.com
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by Charles Packer
Really? What about agnosticism?
What about it?
An agnostic is just a Chickenshit atheist.
Agnostics don't believe its possible to know if God exists.
If I tell you I have a purple dragon in my garage, is your default that you can't know if I do or not?
None if the evidence given by believers has been found to be true in the attempts to prove God.
Which believers have you consulted?
Which atheists have you consulted.
He asked "Richard Dawson", LOL!

"You can find an atheist who will tell you what you want to hear and you'll buy his books. Richard Dawson et al thank you for your support." - Kuntsy's favorite game show atheist, LOL!

Then he got a second opinion from "Any Rand".

"Forget Any Rand. She had no grasp of the real world." July 11, 2019 - Kuntsy demonstrates his grasp on spelling names.
Kurt Nicklas
2020-04-30 13:22:04 UTC
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by Charles Packer
Really? What about agnosticism?
What about it?
An agnostic is just a Chickenshit atheist.
Agnostics don't believe its possible to know if God exists.
If I tell you I have a purple dragon in my garage, is your default that you can't know if I do or not?
None if the evidence given by believers has been found to be true in the attempts to prove God.
Which believers have you consulted?
Which atheists have you consulted.
I've listened to a number of atheists here, yourself included, and I continue to hear this very irrational claim that 'no evidence for God exists'.

So I, very naturally, ask where have you looked?
Post by michellemalkingmail.com
We don't have leaders and are all individuals. And we also know that you don't listen to what we say,
On the contrary, I DO listen. Your problem is that, after I listen, I ask difficult questions that you'd rather not deal with.
Post by michellemalkingmail.com
since your 'mind' is constrained by your version of your religion.
On the contrary, I'm not constrained, as are you and other atheists here, by irrational thinking to buttress your belief systems.

----

"Have a nice day, and feel free to consume as much Zyklon B as you can."
---"Tim"(Beesley) 9/6/19

'Yeah, I'm an atheist! I'd like to gas all theists!!!'
--- "Malte Runz 5/17/19 who thinks it's funny to joke about threatening people he doesn't like.

"And trying jumping from a high rise, it is also an illusion!"
---"Yap Honghor" proving asian atheists also have death fantasies.

"I'm not interested in your faggot fantasies, faggot."
--- "Tim"(Beesley) 2/7/19

"Go suck on a can of Zyklon B, you ignorant fuck."
---"Tim"(Beesley) 8/13/17

" I'm the same Christian "killer" I've been for years and years"
---"Greywolf" (Lawrence 'Larry" Flowers) 7/16/19

IC | XC
-------
NI | KA
Tim
2020-04-30 14:07:07 UTC
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by Charles Packer
Really? What about agnosticism?
What about it?
An agnostic is just a Chickenshit atheist.
Agnostics don't believe its possible to know if God exists.
If I tell you I have a purple dragon in my garage, is your default that you can't know if I do or not?
None if the evidence given by believers has been found to be true in the attempts to prove God.
Which believers have you consulted?
Which atheists have you consulted.
I've listened to a number of atheists here, yourself included, and I continue to hear this very irrational claim that 'no evidence for God exists'.
If you're justified claiming it's irrational to say 'no evidence for God exists', then you obviously have evidence that god exists.

Your evidence for god:

<crickets>
Post by Kurt Nicklas
So I, very naturally, ask where have you looked?
And you? What did you see?
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by michellemalkingmail.com
We don't have leaders and are all individuals. And we also know that you don't listen to what we say,
On the contrary, I DO listen. Your problem is that, after I listen, I ask difficult questions that you'd rather not deal with.
LOL! Your MO is to run from facts and difficult questions, you dishonest kunt.
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by michellemalkingmail.com
since your 'mind' is constrained by your version of your religion.
On the contrary, I'm not constrained, as are you and other atheists here, by irrational thinking to buttress your belief systems.
So show us the rational evidence for your god.

Yap Honghor
2020-05-01 01:29:49 UTC
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by Charles Packer
Really? What about agnosticism?
What about it?
An agnostic is just a Chickenshit atheist.
Agnostics don't believe its possible to know if God exists.
If I tell you I have a purple dragon in my garage, is your default that you can't know if I do or not?
None if the evidence given by believers has been found to be true in the attempts to prove God.
Which believers have you consulted?
Which atheists have you consulted.
I've listened to a number of atheists here, yourself included, and I continue to hear this very irrational claim that 'no evidence for God exists'.
You have?
When we try to tell you that religion is a scam, you ignore!
Post by Kurt Nicklas
So I, very naturally, ask where have you looked?
Tell us then where to look...and it must be concrete to you first!!!!!
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by michellemalkingmail.com
We don't have leaders and are all individuals. And we also know that you don't listen to what we say,
On the contrary, I DO listen. Your problem is that, after I listen, I ask difficult questions that you'd rather not deal with.
Atheists are the smartest people on earth, but we don't deal with bullshit!
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by michellemalkingmail.com
since your 'mind' is constrained by your version of your religion.
On the contrary, I'm not constrained, as are you and other atheists here, by irrational thinking to buttress your belief systems.
See, you said we have a belief system....that is a lie!
Obviously, you think collecting stamps and bird watching are also belief system, right?
----
NI | KA
----------- A t h e i s t ------------
2020-04-30 08:38:21 UTC
Post by Charles Packer
Really? What about agnosticism?
What about it?
An agnostic is just a Chickenshit atheist.
They likely are afraid for good reason: afraid of losing family, friends,
job, or even being killed or beaten up. I'd bet that the vast majority
of atheists born in a religion go through the "agnostic" stage. I'm
happy they've rejected their bullshit religion brainwashing; they don't
need to call themselves atheist.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Agnostics don't believe its possible to know if God exists.
If I tell you I have a purple dragon in my garage, is your default that you can't know if I do or not?
None if the evidence given by believers has been found to be true in the attempts to prove God.
If nothing proves God, then why bother thinking about it?
I'm all for discovering all we can about reality, I don't see how a completely unevidenced deity fits in.
--
There is no verifiable evidence of any god(s). None whatsoever.
Extortion (Believe or Burn) is _THE_ foundation of Christianity.
Christian: a person afraid of a perpetually hiding [imaginary] god.
Kenny McCormack
2020-04-30 13:56:51 UTC
In article <QK6dnXOF9pPgEzfDnZ2dnUU7-***@supernews.com>,
<***@hotmail.com> wrote:
Agnostics don't believe its possible to know if God exists.
Which is absolutely correct. There is no way to know (but see below).
We are all, in fact, agnostics.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
If I tell you I have a purple dragon in my garage, is your default that you
can't know if I do or not?
The scientific method is to assume the null hypothesis (which boils down
to assuming something doesn't exist) unless/until evidence arises to show
otherwise.

Religion tends to the opposite methodology.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
None if the evidence given by believers has been found to be true in the
attempts to prove God.
If nothing proves God, then why bother thinking about it?
Here's the thing. I can't prove that a god doesn't exist. No one can.

But I *can* prove that a Good God does not exist. The evidence for that is
all around. I.e., if God does exist, then He is as Dawkins (and Epicurus
earlier - see sig) describes Him: A mean, nasty SOB. And in that case, he
exhibits what the C programmers like to call "Undefined Behavior" - i.e.,
you can't draw any conclusions about Him.

So, you might as well just live your life on the assumption that He does
not exist. Since, if He does, you're in the land of UB.
--
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.

~ Epicurus
Tim
2020-04-29 09:43:17 UTC
Post by Charles Packer
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
The only valid criticism of atheism would be if there were atheists even
after a god was proven to exist.
Until that happens, AFAIC atheism IS the default position.
Really? What about agnosticism?
Atheism pertains to belief about gods, agnosticism to knowledge about gods.
http://cpacker.org
Ivan The Terrible
2020-04-29 09:45:01 UTC
Post by Charles Packer
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
The only valid criticism of atheism would be if there were atheists even
after a god was proven to exist.
Until that happens, AFAIC atheism IS the default position.
Really? What about agnosticism?
Atheism pertains to belief about gods, agnosticism to knowledge about gods.
Post by Charles Packer
http://cpacker.org
WRONG

a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God.
Tim
2020-04-29 10:04:35 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Tim
Post by Charles Packer
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
The only valid criticism of atheism would be if there were atheists even
after a god was proven to exist.
Until that happens, AFAIC atheism IS the default position.
Really? What about agnosticism?
Atheism pertains to belief about gods, agnosticism to knowledge about gods.
Post by Charles Packer
http://cpacker.org
WRONG
a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God.
Why didn't you cut and paste this bit:

?

Because we both know I'm not wrong, coward.
Christopher A. Lee
2020-04-29 20:07:11 UTC
Post by Charles Packer
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
The only valid criticism of atheism would be if there were atheists even
after a god was proven to exist.
Until that happens, AFAIC atheism IS the default position.
Really? What about agnosticism?
Why should anybody single out one particular belief from all the
others they don't have, and treat it differently?
Ivan The Terrible
2020-04-29 09:23:54 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
The only valid criticism of atheism would be if there were atheists even after a god was proven to exist.
Until that happens, AFAIC atheism IS the default position.
There is a very good reason that atheists are a small minority on this planet.
Most people know it does not fit with reality.
Cloud Hobbit
2020-04-29 09:33:57 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
There is a very good reason that atheists are a small minority on this planet.
Most people know it does not fit with reality

If that's so, why has none of the "evidence" been able to prove God's existence?

Why is a bullshit concept called faith involved?

If there's evidence, You don't need faith.
Ivan The Terrible
2020-04-29 09:37:40 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Ivan The Terrible
There is a very good reason that atheists are a small minority on this planet.
Most people know it does not fit with reality
If that's so, why has none of the "evidence" been able to prove God's existence?
You're a lying motherfucker who refuses to tell the truth about what you see.
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Why is a bullshit concept called faith involved?
If there's evidence, You don't need faith.
There are some intangibles which cannot be proven with evidence.
The great majority of humans know you are wrong.
Yap Honghor
2020-04-29 10:42:46 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Ivan The Terrible
There is a very good reason that atheists are a small minority on this planet.
Most people know it does not fit with reality
If that's so, why has none of the "evidence" been able to prove God's existence?
You're a lying motherfucker who refuses to tell the truth about what you see.
He has never seen a pixie, that is his truth, but you just have to lie...!!!
This is a big lie...what intangible is a pixie? It can be asked to heal the amputees, right? Let's see you do it!!!!!!
michellemalkingmail.com
An agnostic is a wishy-washiest. They can't decide whether they believe in a god or not. They seem to float in midair.
michellemalkingmail.com
You don't speak for anyone but yourself.
Tim
Atheism does not pertain to knowledge, idiot. And if religious people know they are right and atheists are wrong, why are there so many different religions, you dumb cunt?
Yap Honghor
We know most people, including theists, know religions are scams!!!!!!!!
michellemalkingmail.com
2020-04-30 12:16:20 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
The only valid criticism of atheism would be if there were atheists even after a god was proven to exist.
Until that happens, AFAIC atheism IS the default position.
There is a very good reason that atheists are a small minority on this planet.
Most people know it does not fit with reality.
We know most people, including theists, know religions are scams!!!!!!!!
We don't know that. Most religious followers don't care what others
believe or not. Others who want to force their beliefs on everyone are the problem. Atheists don't care what others believe, as long as long as they
leave us alone.
Yap Honghor
2020-05-01 01:22:23 UTC
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
The only valid criticism of atheism would be if there were atheists even after a god was proven to exist.
Until that happens, AFAIC atheism IS the default position.
There is a very good reason that atheists are a small minority on this planet.
Most people know it does not fit with reality.
We know most people, including theists, know religions are scams!!!!!!!!
We don't know that. Most religious followers don't care what others
believe or not. Others who want to force their beliefs on everyone are the problem. Atheists don't care what others believe, as long as long as they
leave us alone.
Scam: A fraudulence scheme meant to gain materially through offering of "nothing" or something non-existent!!!!!!!!!!!

It would be very irresponsible if you do not alert others when seeing one in play!
Oko tillo
2020-04-29 19:11:17 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
==
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Cloud Hobbit
The only valid criticism of atheism would be if there were atheists even after a god was proven to exist.
Until that happens, AFAIC atheism IS the default position.
There is a very good reason that atheists are a small minority on this planet.
Most people know it does not fit with reality.
That so?

The "reality" of most people on this planet involves numerous gods
of which the Judeo-Christian god is only one. Historically even more so,
as belief in many other gods has waxed and waned. Gods by the thousands.

What does that tell you about this "reality"?

Oko
michellemalkingmail.com
2020-04-30 11:51:16 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
The only valid criticism of atheism would be if there were atheists even after a god was proven to exist.
Until that happens, AFAIC atheism IS the default position.
There is a very good reason that atheists are a small minority on this planet.
Most people know it does not fit with reality.
The reality of a narcissist like you is highly questionable, since you
can't help but believe that you are always right.
Ivan The Terrible
2020-04-29 09:40:05 UTC
My own suspicion is this:Most atheists abandon religion because they don't like being constrained by the rules of religion.
Marvin Sebourn
2020-04-29 15:15:16 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
Joe: > My own suspicion is this:Most atheists abandon religion because they don't like being constrained by the rules of religion.

And I could counter that I believe that many people profess a belief in God because they know that they can "sin" or do something they know is ethically or morally wrong, and later ask their God for forgiveness, and be absolved of their guilt.

Marvin Sebourn
***@aol.com
Christopher A. Lee
2020-04-29 18:07:39 UTC
On Wed, 29 Apr 2020 08:15:16 -0700 (PDT), Marvin Sebourn
Post by Marvin Sebourn
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
Joe: > My own suspicion is this:Most atheists abandon religion
because they don't like being constrained by the rules of religion.
The deliberately nasty Liar F
Post by Marvin Sebourn
And I could counter that I believe that many people profess a belief in God because they know that they can "sin" or do something they know is ethically or morally wrong, and later ask their God for forgiveness, and be absolved of their guilt.
Marvin Sebourn
Mad Joe keeps repeating this bigoted, deliberately nasty lie - while
pretending he isn't a liar himself and screaming "LIAR!!!!!!!!!!" at
everybody else..
Mitchell Holman
2020-04-29 18:38:50 UTC
Post by Marvin Sebourn
And I could counter that I believe that many people profess a belief
in God because they know that they can "sin" or do something they know
is ethically or morally wrong, and later ask their God for
forgiveness, and be absolved of their guilt.
Marvin Sebourn
Mad Joe keeps repeating this bigoted, deliberately nasty lie - while
pretending he isn't a liar himself and screaming "LIAR!!!!!!!!!!" at
everybody else..
And his calls for "EVIDENCE?//??" even as he
posts about his evidence-free "top secret security
clearance"
Ivan The Terrible
Listen, stupid. I don't ask for evidence in every post and I won't give it every time I am asked. YOU CAN'T READ/
Mitchell Holman
2020-04-30 01:34:29 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
On Wed, 29 Apr 2020 08:15:16 -0700 (PDT), Marvin Sebourn
Post by Marvin Sebourn
Post by Marvin Sebourn
And I could counter that I believe that many people profess a
belief in God because they know that they can "sin" or do something
they know is ethically or morally wrong, and later ask their God
for forgiveness, and be absolved of their guilt.
Marvin Sebourn
Mad Joe keeps repeating this bigoted, deliberately nasty lie -
while pretending he isn't a liar himself and screaming
"LIAR!!!!!!!!!!" at everybody else..
And his calls for "EVIDENCE?//??" even as he
posts about his evidence-free "top secret security
clearance"
Listen, stupid. I don't ask for evidence in every post and I won't
give it every time I am asked. YOU CAN'T READ/
Bingo.

You demand evidence from others but refuse
to post any yourself.
Marvin Sebourn
2020-04-29 20:42:07 UTC
Post by Marvin Sebourn
And I could counter that I believe that many people profess a belief in God because they know that they can "sin" or do something they know is ethically or morally wrong, and later ask their God for forgiveness, and be absolved of their guilt.
Marvin Sebourn
Mad Joe keeps repeating this bigoted, deliberately nasty lie - while
pretending he isn't a liar himself and screaming "LIAR!!!!!!!!!!" at
everybody else..
Considering the many times that atheists and agnostics have been accused of being liars, dishonest, breakers of the law in AltAth, it would be informative to compare the total of demonstrable lies, miscellaneous felonies, misdemeanors, civil actions, restraining orders, confiscations, etc. of all the persons in each of the two classes here, atheists/agnostics compared with theists.

Marvin Sebourn
***@aol.com
Ivan The Terrible
I said it is a suspicion, not a claim, you illiterate asshole.
michellemalkingmail.com
2020-04-30 12:27:56 UTC
Post by Marvin Sebourn
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
Joe: > My own suspicion is this:Most atheists abandon religion
because they don't like being constrained by the rules of religion.
ArtieJoe has been repeating a lot of his old crap recently. He does this
every few years when he runs out of old ideas. He just goes back to the
beginning of his old ideas and repeats them.
everybody else..
Ivan The Terrible
2020-04-29 21:00:50 UTC
That is a complete lie, In the Abrahamic religions, they can repent and ask for forgiveness, but the final decision is up to God.In Judaism, God does not grant absolution. Your posts rank among the most ignorant silly crap.
Yap Honghor
According to your reasoning, then what is the use of praying and repent since all decisions rest upon the pixie?
Marvin Sebourn
2020-04-30 03:42:32 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Marvin Sebourn
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
Joe: > My own suspicion is this:Most atheists abandon religion because they don't like being constrained by the rules of religion.
And I could counter that I believe that many people profess a belief in God because they know that they can "sin" or do something they know is ethically or morally wrong, and later ask their God for forgiveness, and be absolved of their guilt.
Joe/Ivan
Post by Ivan The Terrible
That is a complete lie,
No.
Didn't you say that beliefs were not subject to proofs?
Didn't I say "...I believe..."
Didn't I say "...I COULD counter..." (emphasis mine)
Post by Ivan The Terrible
In the Abrahamic religions, they can repent and ask for forgiveness, but the final decision is up to God.
But he always forgives, except for blaspheming the Holy Spirit, and another one or two "sins".
Post by Ivan The Terrible
In Judaism, God does not grant absolution.
Where do I mention Judaism? Focus.
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Your posts rank among the most ignorant silly crap.
If you have difficulty dealing with my posts, go to the shallow end of the pool. Maybe just the kiddy wading pool.

So my post was not a complete lie, not even a lie at all. But you lied about it.

Marvin Sebourn
***@aol.om
Kurt Nicklas
2020-04-30 07:51:27 UTC
Post by Marvin Sebourn
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
Joe: > My own suspicion is this:Most atheists abandon religion because they don't like being constrained by the rules of religion.
And I could counter that I believe that many people profess a belief in God because they know that they can "sin" or do something they know is ethically or morally wrong, and later ask their God for forgiveness, and be absolved of their guilt.
If they want to sin, why not just be an atheist and cut out the whole 'forgiveness and absolution' cycle all at once?
Marvin Sebourn
Syd M.
2020-04-29 15:18:10 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
My own suspicion is this:Most atheists abandon religion because they don't like being constrained by the rules of religion.
You are wrong, inquisition breath.

PDw
Ivan The Terrible
Jews never had an Inquisition.
Mitchell Holman
2020-04-30 01:43:04 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Syd M.
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
My own suspicion is this:Most atheists abandon religion because
they don't like being constrained by the rules of religion.
You are wrong, inquisition breath.
PDw
Jews never had an Inquisition.
Wrong.

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is
giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their
fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign
gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully.
If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable
act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and
completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the
livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle
of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch
as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must
remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of
the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the
LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you.
He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation,
just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your
God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the
commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him."
(Deuteronomy 13:13-19)
Cloud Hobbit
2020-04-30 02:13:35 UTC
Psychological studies into the phenomenon of mysticism link disturbing aspects of certain mystics' experiences to childhood abuse.[43][44][45] Clifford A. Pickover found evidence suggesting that temporal lobe epilepsy may be linked to a variety of so-called spiritual or "other worldly" experiences, such as spiritual possession, originating from altered electrical activity in the brain.[46] Carl Sagan, in his last book The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark, presented his case for the miraculous sightings of religious figures and modern sightings of UFOs coming from the same mental disorder. Vilayanur S. Ramachandran suggests "It's possible that many great religious leaders had temporal lobe seizures and this predisposes them to having visions, having mystical experiences".[47] Michael Persinger stimulated the temporal lobes of the brain artificially with a magnetic field using a device nicknamed the "God helmet" and was able to artificially induce religious experiences along with near-death experiences and ghost sightings.[48] According to John Bradshaw "Some forms of temporal lobe tumours or epilepsy are associated with extreme religiosity." In his research recent brain imaging of religious subjects praying or meditating show identical activity in the respective human section of the brain which Ramachandran calls God-spots.

Psilocybin from mushrooms affect regions of the brain including the serotonergic system, which generating a sense of strong religious meaning, unity and ecstasy. Certain physical rituals may generate similar feelings.[49]

I think Art and duke have possibly been exposed to something like the "God helmet."

Its either that or they're just assholes.

Hmmmm. Decisions, decisions.

😷
John Ritson
2020-04-30 10:33:06 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
My own suspicion is this:Most atheists abandon religion because they don't like
being constrained by the rules of religion.
What would be the point? There are so many versions of religion around
that for theists, it would simply be a matter of changing to a version
that approved of one's particular proclivities.
--
John Ritson
https://www.avg.com
michellemalkingmail.com
2020-04-30 12:07:23 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
My own suspicion is this:Most atheists abandon religion because they don't like being constrained by the rules of religion.
Most religions are god or gods based. Without a provable god or gods,
there is philosophy and law (non-religious).
Yap Honghor
2020-04-29 10:37:38 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
There are Criticism of Christianity, Theism and Judaism also, I wonder why you refuse to list them as well....

Must be a bias liar!
Christopher A. Lee
2020-04-29 11:11:48 UTC
On Wed, 29 Apr 2020 03:37:38 -0700 (PDT), Yap Honghor
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
There are Criticism of Christianity, Theism and Judaism also, I wonder why you refuse to list them as well....
Must be a bias liar!
There's nothing about atheism to criticise, anything more than not
believing in Santa Claus - no matter what confrontationally
in-your-face, pig-ignorant, bigoted religious loonies like Mad Joe
imagine.

What atheism actually is, that is - because no matter how much the
bigoted liars try to tar atheists with the Stalin brush, atheism per
se is a non-event, just a description that we don't do something a lot
of other people do, little different from not believing in Santa Claus
and neither a motivation nor justification for anything.

Which he has had repeatedly explained ever since he first crashed the
group with his bigoted lies about us, to us.
Kurt Nicklas
2020-04-29 11:37:02 UTC
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
There are Criticism of Christianity, Theism and Judaism also, I wonder why you refuse to list them as well....
Must be a bias liar!
There's nothing about atheism to criticise, anything more than not
believing in Santa Claus - no matter what confrontationally
in-your-face, pig-ignorant, bigoted religious loonies like Mad Joe
imagine.
What atheism actually is, that is - because no matter how much the
bigoted liars try to tar atheists with the Stalin brush,
Like by saying that Stalin was an atheist AND one of the greatest mass murderers of history?

Well...he was, wasn't he? And atheists are so very, very devoted to provable facts aren't they?!

Except when they AREN'T, of course.

atheism per
Post by Christopher A. Lee
se is a non-event, just a description that we don't do something a lot
of other people do, little different from not believing in Santa Claus
and neither a motivation nor justification for anything.
Of course this definition of atheism does double-duty for CHRISTopher:
Since, for him, there is nothing to defend then he need not put forth the effort
to do so AND he gets to claim 'victim status' because he's so very, very put upon
by people who disagree with him!

Poor, poor man!
JWS
2020-04-29 11:39:04 UTC
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Ivan The Terrible
[...]
I'm an agnostic atheist. I don't believe in any god, so
that makes me an atheist. I'm agnostic because I
don't know for sure that there is no god.
And being agnostic means that I support the idea of the
Divine Hiddenness of god which makes for fun arguments
with theists. Like, what is your god afraid of?
michellemalkingmail.com
2020-04-30 12:10:50 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
There are Criticism of Christianity, Theism and Judaism also, I wonder why you refuse to list them as well....
And Hinduism and Buddhaism, etc.
Post by Yap Honghor
Must be a bias liar!
Of course. ArtieJoe has always been biased.
Yap Honghor
2020-05-01 01:17:01 UTC
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_atheism
There are Criticism of Christianity, Theism and Judaism also, I wonder why you refuse to list them as well....
And Hinduism and Buddhaism, etc.
Of course....all religions are basically con stuffs. Even as Buddhism has no pixie, human have to turn Buddha into one, stupidly!
Mad Joe is a person full of shit!
Cloud Hobbit
2020-04-29 18:12:51 UTC
I'm a polyatheist.
There are many gods I don't believe in.

When I think of all the harm the Bible has done, I despair of ever writing anything to equal it.  Oscar Wilde

Religion is "so absurd that it comes close to imbecility."  H.L. Menken
Kurt Nicklas
2020-04-30 07:48:38 UTC
I'm a polyatheist.
There are many gods I don't believe in.
Speaking of belief, why did you recently deny making the following statement?

--"Cloud Hobbit" 8/11/19
Cloud Hobbit
2020-04-30 01:39:31 UTC
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_religion